How to add effects to vocals?

Kageku
    Kageku

Notes : 192

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Higure Kakou
    Blog/Website:

How to add effects to vocals? Empty How to add effects to vocals?

Post by Kageku on Sat May 22, 2010 11:11 am

A way other then flags..?^^; I really don't know how to describe it thoroughly..

Uhm some UTAU user's songs I've heard have these cool sounding effects to their voice.. And I just wanted to know what program to get to do this, or how to do it in Audacity..?
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

How to add effects to vocals? Empty Re: How to add effects to vocals?

Post by Chasing Fireflies on Sat May 22, 2010 11:51 am

Well, in Audacity, you highlight the part of your vocal track that you want to add the effect to, then go to the 'Effects' menu, click on the effect you want, and a dialog box will pop up that lets you customize the effect so it's just how you want it. =)
    suthethird
    suthethird

Notes : 961

Post by suthethird on Sat May 22, 2010 1:37 pm

... Okay, okay, I won't rant.

Audacity isn't very good for adding effects or mixing.
    Please never overuse reverb/G-Verb.
    I use REAPER. It's great and you can use it for free. It's also so much easier. c:
    OnlySoaa on youtube has a GREAT Tutorial for it, and I think you can find the download page by Googling REAPER.
    Kageku
    Kageku

Notes : 192

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Higure Kakou
    Blog/Website:

Post by Kageku on Tue May 25, 2010 12:11 am

suthethird wrote:... Okay, okay, I won't rant.

Audacity isn't very good for adding effects or mixing.
    Please never overuse reverb/G-Verb.
    I use REAPER. It's great and you can use it for free. It's also so much easier. c:
    OnlySoaa on youtube has a GREAT Tutorial for it, and I think you can find the download page by Googling REAPER.

Ok, thank you~!^^ I wish it was completely free, it's actually working pretty good for me.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 on Tue May 25, 2010 9:34 am

FL Studio is great for mixing, adding effects, the such. It's also good for creating your own songs.
    We have a crack in the chit-chat section of the forum for the demo of the program that turns it into the full version. It also makes the following plugins usable without limitations-
    -FL Studio downloader
    -Directwave
    -Edison Wave Editor
    -Fruity DX10
    -Grossbeat
    -Hardcore
    -Juice Pack
    -Maximus
    -Morphine
    -Ogun
    -Poizone
    -Sakura
    -Sawer
    -SimSynth
    -Slicex
    -Sytrus
    -Toxic Biohazard
    -Vocodex

Anything not on this list won't work. o-o (But luckily, most of this is preinstalled with the demo)

Also, I'm not sure if the registry key will work once FL Studio 10 is out. (But it works for Ariella's 9.1, so as long as it's 9.something it will work.

What's great about FL Studio is that it's relatively easy to learn, and uses a very visual-based interface. You can add colors to tracks as another way of labeling them, and the mixer is rather easy to use- you can even use a limiter if the sound is making your eardrums explode.
    Good effects to use are the Fruity Free Filter, set at 5074 (or something similar) frequency, high shelf (for males) or low shelf at 1027 (for females). This creates a human-like resonance sound in the vocal.
    Also, Fruity Reverb doesn't hurt. Just don't over-abuse it. Doing so WILL ruin a song, and I only use it at it's default setting now. It adds a little bit a volume to the vocal track.
    The Soundgoodizer is amazing for using VOCALOID and UTAU. In fact, set at setting "A" at the default amplification (which is shown by a ring of light around the plugin) is good enough for an off-vocal to have a bit more depth and a vocal track to have a LOT more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:36 am