Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

VCV/Triphones WIP (Help please?)

xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

Notes : 765

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

VCV/Triphones WIP (Help please?) Empty VCV/Triphones WIP (Help please?)

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Sun May 30, 2010 9:10 am

Okay so, I recorded a VCV voicebank yesterday. It was long and boring and I mispronounced most of the recordings, and then I realised that making the oto would be just as boring but longer, so I only made the ones needed for the first half of Monochrome Blue Sky x_x

http://www.4shared.com/audio/AolYqiS_/monovcvtest.html

The thing is, I don't really know that much about VCVs and I've never used a VCV bank before, so I was wondering if someone more experienced with them could tell me how my voicebank sounds, and how I can make it sound better?
    suthethird
    suthethird

Notes : 961

VCV/Triphones WIP (Help please?) Empty Re: VCV/Triphones WIP (Help please?)

Post by suthethird Sun May 30, 2010 10:46 am

Examples of VCV:
    Spoiler:

Your UTAU sounds decent enough. However, it took me two attempts doing LOKE's list to make Anaka sound good. And his list has more samples than Ritsu's. (His list has less kana in each sample than Ritsu's, so they have basically the same amount of things you can use in the end.)
    Took me five hours both time.
    Configuring?
    I stole LOKE's OTO, so it went way quicker.

Did you use a full list or a lite list? I can't really tell, so I think you either used a lite list or recorded like Kenji. (both are HATEHATEHATEHATE for me 8D; )

All the VCV banks I have say the sounds, well, continuously, without stop.
    The name for VCV in Japanese is continuous sound.

And I just hate using lite lists.

(I'm listening really hard to try and hear which it is... I can't decide which I think it is XD; )

Here's the list (and OTO file) I use: http://www.4shared.com/file/8_EBEAxJ/LOKE_VCV_Reclist_Info.html

REGARDLESS OF ALL THAT,
    It's cute and you're doing it right enough to sound fluid and cute.
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Sun May 30, 2010 11:26 am

Thank you! Your post was really helpful. I didn't ask for examples of VCV but those are useful anyway, thanks ^^

I recorded using Ritsu's list XD I kind of rushed the recordings so a lot of it is pronounced wrong. Thanks for uploading LOKE's list, I think I'll try using that, since the shorter sounds will be easier for me (and the oto file is really useful too)

Another thing I wanted to know about, is how to make a triphonic UST sound really good, as opposed to just taking a CV UST and using the VCV plugin on it?
    suthethird
    suthethird

Post by suthethird Sun May 30, 2010 12:27 pm

XD I wrote it right after I woke up, so I didn't really process your post correctly.

Generally, all I do to a CV UST to make it VCV is clear overlap and preutterance and STP if it is there (select all, right click, last option. Mash the clear button and click in the STP box and press space.)

If the UST is in Mode 1, you have to switch to Mode 2 and either string it so that it just sounds normal, or you have to start over and copy the pitchbends.

Copying pitchbends is easy, but time consuming. I would suggest just sticking to USTs in Mode 2.

Stringing the notes is VERY IMPORTANT in VCV! Without it, it will sound very icky and robotic.
    Envelope is also important. If the envelope is set a certain way, it will sound icky and junk.

Well, you want to make sure that none of the pitchbends are too drastic (Don't want them like |, you want them more like /.) and that the envelope is like /---\ instead of |----|.
    It's a bad example, but I'm too lazy to get screen shots.
    You may want to just experiment to find how to make the vocals flow the best.

Also, having OTOs done right is another HUGE requirement.

Don't just move the blue around to make it fit. Do not use ratios or anything like that.

Just make sure that there is at least .1 second of preceding vowel, the green is where the vowel is tapering off into consonant, the red is between the consonant and the second vowel, the pink is after the consonant and includes some of the second vowel, and the last blue cuts off the rest.

You do have to edit the OTO I gave you... But stealing OTOs makes VCV so much easier!

And, I do not see how anyone who isn't professionally trained could do Ritsu's list without getting light headed and mispronouncing things XD!
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Sun May 30, 2010 2:59 pm

XD Well I actually didn't even record some of Ritsu's list because I couldn't read it. LOKE's list is a lot easier. I do have a question, though.

_き゜こ゜き゜く゜け゜and so on, how are they supposed to sound? Do I even need them? 'Cause if I don't I won't bother XP
    suthethird
    suthethird

Post by suthethird Sun May 30, 2010 5:47 pm

I've never seen a use for those samples, and I never figured them out.

It's a very, very nasally, whiny kind of K sound. You can ignore it.

And as a note- Sui = Si. Teyu = Thu. Tou = Tu.
    I forgot the other ones XD I did them from for Anaka.
    They're in Katakana, but the reading is in the file that includes romaji. You can ignore them. They are of basically no use in Japanese songs.
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Sun May 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Oh, okay. I skipped out most of the katakana recordings anyway. Thanks for your help!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am