How To Get a P Name

suthethird

Notes : 961

How To Get a P Name

Post by suthethird on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:15 pm

So, there's an overseas user who actually got an P name by being good at MMD.
    So, I asked them how to get one.

to get a P-Name you have to have a talent for one of these three things:

Making Vocaloid songs
    Making UTAU songs (but these have to be REALLY good C; )
    MMD

you then have to make a Nicovideo account, upload your works and wait until they get at least over 100 views. (my videos just sort of got popular from there so i'm not sure of what to tell you xD) soon you should be contacted by the official producers to join their little P-Name group, if not then you can contact them.

So go out and EARN a P name before you use one.
    Sparky

Notes : 712

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: What's an UTAUloid?
    Blog/Website:

Re: How To Get a P Name

Post by Sparky on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Andnotjustuploadingabillioncoversongshelps

AMEN.
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3535

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:45 am

HAH.
    I KNEW IT.
    :T I pointed this out to some of those OU users who were being silly and just adding a -P to their name because it sounded cool, they said that you didn't need to.

c: Well, one day I would like to have a P name. ^^;; But somehow it suits one of my friends better
    Lenexia

Notes : 854

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Tuwai Raitone / Mia Kakune / Dio Kongosekine
    Blog/Website:

Post by Lenexia on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:41 am

Good to know. (/is sure she would get only one for MMD stuff)
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:44 am

Good to know. This is going to make my life so much harder but I'll feel accomplished if I succeed. ><
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Oh, I see! I didn't know there was an official group thing. Thanks for the info! ^__^
    Zeny

Notes : 1239

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Zeny
    Blog/Website: http://zenywolf.deviantart.com

Post by Zeny on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:37 pm

suthethird wrote:So, there's an overseas user who actually got an P name by being good at MMD.
    So, I asked them how to get one.

to get a P-Name you have to have a talent for one of these three things:

Making Vocaloid songs
    Making UTAU songs (but these have to be REALLY good C; )
    MMD

you then have to make a Nicovideo account, upload your works and wait until they get at least over 100 views. (my videos just sort of got popular from there so i'm not sure of what to tell you xD) soon you should be contacted by the official producers to join their little P-Name group, if not then you can contact them.

So go out and EARN a P name before you use one.

Sounds like a bad cheat code from one of those 90's Pokemon sites. You know, talk to that kid in Vermilion city 100 times, then ride your bike to Victory Road and you'll unlock a shiny Mew.

I'd like some confirmation that what this person is saying is 100% true.

While I do agree that one should have a really good level of quality material before donning the "P" name type, I doubt what your friend is saying. I'd like some proof.

Also, he said you need "talent". I should say that skill is the better word. "Talent" implies hard workers who acquire great skill with anything can't get the "P" name. Talent is nice to have, but always supplement it with hard work or it'll go to waste.
    Sakki De Roxea

Notes : 66

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Sakki De Roxea on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Even then, some people can't use Nico. Honestly, I cant even figure out how to watch a video let alone postand my computer cannot recognize Japanese. (I tried everything btw. It says that I need the XP disk that my mom and dad LOST! NOOOO!)But I am working on a English song for UTAU right now, and I might ask someone with VOCALOID to make the Mp3 for me. So one day, I will be...

Slutty-P (yes I thought of my "P" name before I earned it just never used it =P)
    Kyokune_Seimei

Notes : 470

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Seimei Kyokune
    Blog/Website: http://overseasutau.forumotion.net/utau-profiles-and-voicebanks-directory-f10/utau-newcomer-kyokune-seimei-t3461.htm

Post by Kyokune_Seimei on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:34 pm

I feel at least 30% sure that the only way I'll ever have a -P name is for mixing or porting Cadencii/UTAU to iPod, iPhone, and iPad. (Still working on that part. >>,)

Yeah...if I ever had a -P name, it would probably be Seimei-P, because I suck at life and I'm unoriginal. :3 (Kidding, kidding.)

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Vocaloid Wiki wrote:In early days of the Vocaloid usage, it became a custom for the elite communities in Japan to use the name of a producer of Vocaloid based music with the honorific "-p". This custom was from the computer game Idol M@ster and the title separated the professional or big producers from the small time amateurs and help identify certain creators within the fandom. When a creator becomes popular at some extent, the title "-p" is given to him by fans. (However, not all the creators use "-p" even if they are given such a title.)[1] While this practice still continues, western producers have also begun to describe themselves "-p" for their own purposes. Sometimes this is done in error since they do not understand why this appears on the names of Japanese producers, other times it is simply because it is much harder for a Westerner to become a producers and essentially earn a "-p" for themselves in the Japanese communities because of the language barrier. The Japanese producers never give themselves the title and it is always their fans that do this. Even if a creator, who does not own a "-p", wants to release his work under a name, he will not identify himself using "-p". This partly comes from one of the common features of the Japanese, demonstrated in the proverb "能ある鷹は爪を隠す nou aru taka wa tsume wo kakusu" (a shrewd hawk does not show off his talons). In other words, it means "someone with true ability does not need to show off" and modesty is often taken as one of the most valuable things in Japan. A creator usually hides who he/she is at first, and not until does the creator establish a fame on Nicovideo that he/she comes out. If you do not follow this procedure, you would invite the negative misunderstanding as "a show-off who is trying to push himself/herself on Nicovideo" in Japan.

There.

Anyway, even if I ever did get there (which I do not have any interest in nor will I ever do so), I still wouldn't want the -P name - there are producers who don't use it (e.g. doriko, samfree). So I'm not even interested.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:50 am