Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

UTAU is crashing!

Sakiko Hanane
    Sakiko Hanane

Notes : 618

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: HANAloids
    Blog/Website: sakikohanane.blogspot.com
    Status: Sakiko Act3 now released! Several other banks are under construction.

UTAU is crashing! Empty UTAU is crashing!

Post by Sakiko Hanane Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Me again, haha, I'm pretty bad at this...

When I open up a UST and play all of it, it loads normally, but then the song doesn't start, UTAU just crashes. Specifically, it quits responding for a couple seconds, then closes. It does this with nearly every UST or VSQ I open. What the heck? Assistance would be loved. ;v;'''

update: Aaaalright... It plays small sections just fine, it just crashes when I try to play the whole thing... Ack.
    KURENAI
    KURENAI

Notes : 534

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Shinjuro Amaya ACT I
    Blog/Website: n/a...for now.
    Status: OTO editing... OTL Also trying to think up some samples to record to make him sound a bit more Jrockish. Also working on voicing/creating his little brother, Kaida...eventually. >_>

UTAU is crashing! Empty Re: UTAU is crashing!

Post by KURENAI Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:59 pm

This was actually happening to me a few days ago. How are you running UTAU? Do you have your comp set up to run non-unicode programs in Japanese?
    Sakiko Hanane
    Sakiko Hanane

UTAU Information

Post by Sakiko Hanane Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:02 pm

Kurenai: No, I don't. It's a tremendous hassle to do that with my computer, so I just have the English patch installed in UTAU.
    suthethird
    suthethird

Notes : 961

Post by suthethird Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:37 pm

The English patch does nothing but translate the menu titles and such.

Your choices are to basically change your computer to Japanese, or have a barely functional copy of UTAU that will do nothing but stress you out.

(WHY do people think the English patch fixes ANYTHING?)
    Sakiko Hanane
    Sakiko Hanane

UTAU Information

Post by Sakiko Hanane Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:49 pm

suthethird wrote:The English patch does nothing but translate the menu titles and such.

Your choices are to basically change your computer to Japanese, or have a barely functional copy of UTAU that will do nothing but stress you out.

(WHY do people think the English patch fixes ANYTHING?)

I didn't really think the English patch was doing anything besides translate. <:\ There was no point in me mentioning it, I guess, eheh... Sorry. I'll see about converting my computer, then.
    suthethird
    suthethird

Notes : 961

Post by suthethird Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Sakiko Hanane wrote:

I didn't really think the English patch was doing anything besides translate. <:\ There was no point in me mentioning it, I guess, eheh... Sorry. I'll see about converting my computer, then.

Sorry for the random lashout... XD;;; But you'd be so shocked how many people think that the English patch actually makes UTAU work on computers that aren't in Japanese.

Myst ran UTAU on a (Mac) computer without Japanese support for a long time, but I'm pretty sure she'd agree now that it's not nearly as, well, nice without Japanese support.

Last edited by suthethird on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hehehe, I said she ran Windows 8D;)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:51 am