death from stupefaction || UTAU Murder Mystery/Gorefest '10 |D

scarfu
    scarfu

Notes : 1411

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kanbine Hayari/Kamene Kasui/TATARI
    Blog/Website:

death from stupefaction || UTAU Murder Mystery/Gorefest '10  |D Empty death from stupefaction || UTAU Murder Mystery/Gorefest '10 |D

Post by scarfu on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:01 am

So I saw that someone posted up a murder mystery fanfiction, and since I've been planning one for a really long time now, I figured I'd finally get the first chapter of mine out. =w=

The current cast list includes~:

Kanbine Hayari
    Kirine Tsubaki
    JUN/SHUN
    Kamene Kasui
    Mathieu Rosaire
    Yoshiki Roku
    Hayasu Gill
    Kikyuune Aiko
    Hachi Makune
    Ichiro Makune
    SELEN
    Mokkene Karen
    Iiki Koe
    Uchiiori Yamato
    SHOICHIRO
    Aline Enbukyoku
    Deon
    Yonagine Kazuko
    Moritake

I want a bigger cast, and so if you have any ideas/suggestions for more cast members before I go write the next chapter, let me know! =w=

This is a dA repost~

Spoiler:
    The stench of blood was one that hung heavily in the air, not only staining the hard, wooden floor, but also the grand mansion's aristocratic atmosphere. Even those who had never experienced the substance in large amounts before would be able to instantly identify the aroma as such, and thus, the discovery of the tattered corpse was not one prolonged.

How could anyone be brought to do such a thing? The question seemed to dart straight through the minds of all three of those who stood before the bloodied pile of scrapped skin and warped limbs, and momentarily, a stunned silence fell amongst them.

Though... only momentarily.

For one, the sight wasn't much worse than some of the things he had already seen -- had already done -- but for one in particular, it was just a bit too much to handle, a fact that became evident with an ear-piercing shriek.

"W... W-What is...?! Who... U-Uwaaaaaaaaaa!"

His body flung forward as he threw his hands into his hair, desperately trying his best to both shake the horrible image from his mind and... stop staring at it in the first place. However, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop looking, as if he had been sucked in, both the gaping holes and disfigured appearance of the corpse's face and the torn stomach, revealing the multiple twists and trails of innards within... Perhaps what was even more appalling than this, however, was that the corpse had been stripped completely naked -- in combination with the horrid damage that had been done...

"Y... You can't even tell who it is!!!"

"...You pull a stunt like that again, and I'm just gonna fuckin' let ya fall! Jesus christ, you gotta brain, take care of yerfuckin'self!!"

"Aah, Kasui-san, what's a brain no da~?"

The boat ride to the island of Kinpa was not a short trip, and thus, riled up a bit of stress within those making their arrival. In particular, it appeared that the eccentrically masculine ex-con gone pastry chef Kamene Kasui was more than just a little agitated. Quickly, he reached for the gray-skinned girl's shoulder, who had been fluttering about just in front of him, and spun her around, his eyes cold. "You listen ta ME, ya almost knocked more than half of the fuckin' suitcases into the ocean!! I swear, I outta--"

"Kasui-baaaaaaka~!"

Thwap.

From behind, a blue stiletto met with the shaved part of the male's head, causing him to tumble forward a bit, but immediately twitch his neck backwards just in time to see a certain green-haired femme scurrying to reunite the projectile with her foot. "W-What the hell was THAT for!?!"

"Leave Hayari-chan alone, geez! It's over with now anyway~ Build a bridge and~ get over it." Kirine Tsubaki, renowned for her high and mighty princess-esque behavior, hadn't been too keen with the idea of losing her dresses, money and the rest of her valuables to the cold, harsh sea, but having been friends with both Hayari and the rest of her little troupe for so long had mentally prepared her for the catastrophe if such event were to occur. It was rare for the simpleminded mannequin to cause much trouble without the others cleaning it up, if only because it would be more inconvenient for them if they didn't. ... It had appeared that Kasui hadn't taken on this mindset yet, and quickly, loud, incoherent bickering erupted from the two -- yet another regular occurrence for the little singing family.

"Okay Tsuba-chan, that's enough -- poor Kasui-kun didn't mean any harm, you know that." Gentle hands rested on both the shoulder of the darker toned man and the shorter princess wannabe, his eyes gentle as he smiled slightly nervously. Fights between the two were known to get increasingly violent, and Shun wasn't entirely sure that he, of all people, wanted to be involved... He blinked a few times, his head nodding up quickly, as if he had made a discovery. "Tsuba-chan, why don't you go back and walk with Gill-san? He's probably lonely!"

"Aaaaaaaaah! I-Idiot, Shun, don't say things like that!!" A swift punch was delivered to the older of the Yuzune brothers' shoulder, and again, he blinked, though this time, with a hint of confusion lining his green eyes.

"Eh? I didn't mean it that wa--" But before he could finish, the girl had scurried off, back to where their guests were walking side by side and overtly looking a bit out of place. Immediately, Kasui shot a glare in the direction of the platinum blonde and muttered something under his breath, then turned his head in the opposite direction. At this, the blonde could only shake his head and laugh a little, throwing his arm around his friend's shoulder. "Take it easy big guy, we're only here for the weekend."

Brushing the white strands of his eyes, Yoshiki Roku glanced at the scene playing out before him -- Tsubaki arguing with... the incredibly intimidating male that was apparently associated with both her and Hayari... A nervous expression subconsciously allocated it's self within the male's features. Both he and his friends really had no place on Kinpa -- after all, they weren't... overseas. They sang and reigned in Japan, and had already attended their ceremony for the year... However, when the two girls had insisted that he come along as a guest, he couldn't really refuse; they were friends, after all, and he wanted to be there to cheer both of them on! Luckily, he had been able to pull not only Gill (who had appeared to be under Tsubaki's influence regardless), but also, Uchiiori Yamato, who trailed behind them silently, along with him, so he wasn't terribly alone. Before Roku had even realized it, the shorter femme had popped up between he and his blue-haired friend, causing him to jump a bit. "Ugh, the nerve of that MY BABEHHHH <333~! Gill-kun, Roku-kun, Kasui-baka is a douchebag, don't talk to him!"

"... He seems a bit... violent." Gill scoffed a bit -- it was easy to apply the same sentence to the girl who stood beside her, but for some reason, he found her just a bit more tolerable. Gill was sure that he and the hotheaded yankee wouldn't be getting along any time soon, but he would try his best to play indifferent, as he usually did. Again, Roku began to feel just a bit out of place, and decided that he was better off catching up with the mannequin girl -- however, doing so required him to pass by the extremely worked up monster of a man ahead of him, the only reason he hadn't caught up to her earlier... Figuring that the blonde walking along side him would... probably prevent any problems, as he had broken up the little squabble from earlier, his steps picked up quickly, and, his eyes darting in the complete opposite direction as he passed, he found himself spotting a pink blob within reach. "Hayari-chan~! ♪ Are you excited fo--"

"Okay, you brought the red gown like I told you to, right?"

"Yeah, I brought all three of them, and almost my entire accessory drawer too no da! You're still gonna help me out tonight, right?"

"Of course, of course~ ♥️ We've gotta look our best after all!"

Roku's words were immediately cut off once he caught sight of the lemon-headed boy standing next to his friend, and quietly, he nodded his head a bit and simply tagged along, after receiving a not so friendly glance. Roku had no problems with the boy -- in fact, he had been very glad to meet him, along with the rest of Tsubaki and Hayari's friends! However, an air of negativity seemed to radiate from his person, one that made him feel extremely uncomfortable, and thus, he kept his mouth shut. He figured that the absolute worst that could happen was that he would spend the next day without a word...

Just behind the Poploid's little gang, a pair of Makune's were just stepping off of the boat, the taller and older of the two almost entirely unrecognizable due to the mountain of luggage he was carrying in his arms. "Ne, Ichiro-kun~ don't drop anything, okay? ♥️" With a skip in her step, the shorter blonde spoke cutely, which was offset by an extremely sly smile.

"Here Ichiro-san, let me he--"

"Aiko-chaaaaaaaaaaaaan~~~ Non, non non mon cheri~~! Beautiful hands such as yours shouldn't be reduced to manual labor~~~"

With her hand still outstretched to grab a hold a few of the bags, Kikyuune Aiko was gently moved aside by a twirling, jumping, green-tressed french man, who, with a wink no less, scooped up a pair of suitcases and ever so gracefully landed in front of the two... That is, until he lost his footing, and in an attempt to keep himself from falling face first onto the stone path before them, both of the suitcases he had kidnapped falling to the ground and bursting open.

In unison, the voices of both the blue-haired tsundere and the younger Makune released a shriek shrill. "IDIOT!!!"

"Jesus, everybody's so freaking obnoxious." The words of Mokkene Karen dripped like venom, her scathing words uncensored and certainly not held back from the earshot of the rest of those stepping off of the boat, though regardless, they didn't seem to affect anybody... This seemed to irritate the idol wannabe, and as she glanced around, looking for something to do with herself, she felt the small body of a much shorter, much darker girl tumble into her.

"HEY! Watch it you little BRAT!" Her voice was loud, as it usually was, and the large, beaming blue eyes of the bear-obsessed girl didn't seem to sway her in the slightest. "Oops, sorry lady, I was trying to run from--"

A purple haired boy the same age as the younger girl pushed past the tall blonde, smiling playfully. "Give it back, give it back~~! Iiki-chan, that's not fair, it's mine~~"

Koe Iiki giggled, nodded, and darted off ahead, waving the pumpkin shaped lolipop in her hands. "Catch me, catch me Sho-kun! Hahahaha!"

"Uuuuuuuuugh!!! Who the hell brought these kids along!?! I'm not going to play a god damn baby sitter damn it!!"

"I've got a good feeling about this year, Kazuko-san." Wind ruffled the peach locks of the busty loid, and she smiled, offering her hand to the younger blonde stepping off of the boat -- one of the last to do so. Slightly reluctant, Kazuko grabbed onto the woman's hand only gently, releasing immediately after she gained her footing, and nodded, brushing down her skirt and nodding politely. "As do I, as do I, Selen-san. I wish you luck!" Tilting her head only slightly with the last bit, both picked up their pace as to catch up with the others.

Once every year, the best of the best were gathered in celebration of the year's most successful songs, movies and accomplishment. Once every year, the usually desolate island of Kinpa was used to host a grand feast and ceremony for hundreds, tipping closer to thousands with each ceremony.

Once every year, the grand Overseas UTAU Ranking was held, and just arriving... were it's guests of honor.

"Welcome, everyone... thank you for coming."

Purple curls fell nearly to the floors as a freckled woman greeted all of those approaching her home with an overtly forced smile. She was honored to have her home be the location for such a grand event, she really was, but she didn't tend to do well with foreign faces... By her side stood the only other two who lived within the mansion -- the man responsible for her being there in the first place, along with her son of sorts, who clung to the older woman from behind.

"Deon-kuuuun~~~ ♥️ Come on, say hi to me already!!" A pout lit up the Makune's face as she stomped her foot onto the ground, to which the purple-haired male only responded with a small waving gesture. This only caused her cheeks to puff out more, but before she could do much else, she felt a ponytailed male's pushing hand from behind her.

It was no joke -- the only thing that could have possibly made Kinpa's resident area any gaudier would have been if the support beams were constructed of solid gold. The floor was tiled with a very clean, very well kept black and white checkerboard, the walls striped with light browns and whites. Golden candleholders were lined all against every wall, and above head hung a chandelier encrusted with fine diamonds amongst other rare stones. A spiraling staircase loomed nearby, which would lead them to the good three or four floors above them, where they would all be staying. On the first floor, doorways leading to an empty kitchen, along with what appeared to be a billiard room and a study could be seen. Those who had attended the rankings before didn't seem too phased, but those who hadn't -- it appeared that the Poploid troupe in particular, being the babies of the bunch -- couldn't do much else but stare in awe.

"It's so... vintage, no da!" The mannequin grinned, her eyes sparkling. Besides her, the Japanese native nodded, still not capable of doing much else.

The lemon-head pouted, crossing his arms. "It's so... outdated."

"Mmm~ I'm going to like it here." The air of money and class was already one that Tsubaki was soaking up like a sponge.

"Uh, where are the help?" Moving his sunglasses from his face back to his neck, where he usually kept them, Kasui shot a rough, questioning glare at the hostess.

Aline cocked an eyebrow. "The help?"

"Well... where are the maids... and the chefs, and the butlers, Aline-san? Shouldn't they be getting things ready for tonight's ceremony...?" Shun blinked curiously.

"Ah, yes, I don't usually have people like that around here unless it's for a special occasion... I'm just not too comfortable having them around." Kasui couldn't help but to scoff under his breath -- what kind of weirdo would want to live in a home that big and not have someone to clean it up!? -- but was quickly silenced by Shun's shoulder to his side. Closing her eyes, the hostess continued.

"From what I've heard, their boat was delayed. They should be here any minute, actually."

"Well what're we supposed to do until then? I'm hungry -- I want something to eat now." With a hand on her hip, Karen stepped forward with a snotty expression.

Aline smirked only slightly at this and shook her head. "Well, Kasui-san, Gill-san and Mathieu-san here are chefs, aren't they? Have them cook something up for all of us. ... Oh..." She paused, taking a few steps forward, glancing into the kitchen.

"Hnn... I don't think we've got enough stocked up to feed all of us. The workers were bringing all of the things they needed for tonight's banquet with them on the boat..."

"Ya don't even have a backup supply or nothin'?!" Quickly, Kasui was growing irritated with the ridiculous customs of this home.

"Only three people live here, Kasui-san. We don't need much." Her voice was a bit sharp this time around, though quickly, her faked, courteous smile was quick to return. "Here, Moritake, Deon and I will run out and pick some things up for all of us, okay? In the mean time, all of you get unpacked, and get comfortable! We've got a lot of ceremonial stuff to go over when I come back."

"Don't forget pineapple nano da! Pineapple, uu!"

Kinpa's interior wasn't the only florid portion -- even outside, the wealth simply radiated from each and every corner of the beautifully aged stoned surroundings; it beamed from each vintage street light that lit the red brick road that led up and to the main mansion; morre notably, however, was the paralyzing beauty that was the mansion's rose garden. Pink, red and white roses of varying sizes embellished the rich, green shrubbery that appeared anything but neglected. The garden, like the mansion, was large, large enough in fact to contain three separate patio areas, along with one large, white and golden fountain, spraying a soft mist onto the faces of the two children running amongst the flowers.

"Iiki-chan, it's not funny anymore! Give it back, I'm hungry!!" A panting Shoichiro bent over only slightly, his hands resting on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. Glaring only slightly, he caught sight of his friend sticking her tongue out and pulling at her eyelid. "You still haven't caught me silly~~ ♪" His pumpkin shaped sucker, the one she had kidnapped during their boat ride for a little entertainment, was still in her possession, and frankly, at that point, Shoichiro was fed up. There was a time for games and a time for... well, knocking it off! She didn't seem to get that it wasn't fun anymore...!

"Stop it, you're too fast, it's not fair! Iiki-chan, give it back!!!"

"Catch me~~ Catch meeee~~~ Ahahaha!"

"I said give it back... give it back NOW!!"

Only barely finishing his plea, a loud, deafening crashing noise shook the ground and momentarily, both he and his companion's hearts skipped a beat. Iiki jumped nearly a foot into the air, and within seconds, their little game was ruined by the sound of a much smaller cracking noise; the sucker hitting the hard brick below them. Once the shock of the thunder had passed, Iiki kneeled over slightly to examine the broken sucker, and then glanced up at Shoichiro who stood just above her with a sour expression. "S-Sho-kun, I'm so--"

"I TOLD you to stop messing around! I TOLD you to give it back! Now look what you did!!"

The purple-haired boy nearly shoved the girl out of the way, scooping up the remnants of his sucker and examining... only to realize that it wasn't worth much to him anymore, causing him to slam it back onto the ground with an irritated stare. It wasn't the broken lolipop that upset him -- it's not like he couldn't get another one -- but rather, that she had broken something of his after he had told her a thousand times to give it back...!

"S... Sho-kun..."

"You guys, what are you still doing out here!? Didn't you hear the thunder?!" Shielding her face from the approaching wind, Kazuko had scurried outside immediately after the sound had blasted. "It was really loud, so the lightning was really close... You two need to come inside now, a storm's coming."

Sho frowned immediately, turning his back to Iiki without a word. The girl's face softened a bit, and she brought her hand to her chest, following behind them both with only a soft, "Ah..."

Time passed slowly for those who were waiting for something, but inevitably, it did pass. The minutes that their hostess was away quickly ticked into hours, and as they did so, the dark gray storm clouds ahead rolled in further and further, until the once sunny sky surrounding them faded into a cold monochrome. Gathered in the main room of the mansion were a few of the older members of the guests of honor -- Kasui, Mathieu and Ichiro sat at one of the red velvet couches, having a simple conversation, while Selen and Kazuko stood at the window, examining the rose garden and the heavy rain that was echoing loudly against the roof of the home. Most of the others had located themselves in various places downstairs, most of the younger ones playing in the billiard room, others talking in the study...

"Mmm, Selen-san, do you think Aline-san was held up due to the storm?"

Selen frowned a bit, as if she were in thought, and nodded. "Probably. I'm sure it'll pass soon."

The conversation between the boys, however, wasn't going as smoothly.

"This is BULLSHIT! What're we supposed ta do, just sit around here and starve ta death!?"

"Ah, Kasui-san, take it easy~~" Ichiro smiled, waving his hands in front of him a bit.

"It's not like we can't whip something up really quick. Chef powers, activate~" The green-haired male chimed in with a goofy grin.

"Shit, there's nothin' in that kitchen we can COOK, korrra!" He spat his words with a scowl, already having searched through it once the kids began complaining. "At least, not enough for all of us! They've gotta have backup somewhere..."

Immediately, Kasui stood, heading for the stairway -- the two men he was talking with were quick to dart up and follow behind him, reaching for him to stop. "Kasui-san, we can't just barge our way through here! It's Aline-san's home!" Ichiro spoke, the voice of reason.

"I don't care, korrra! We're not just gonna sit here and wait for food that won't get here 'till who KNOWS when!"

Up the stairs he trudged, his footsteps heavy and loud as he did so, and still trying to convince him otherwise, his companions weren't hesitant to follow.

"Gill-kuuuuuuun~ I'm hungry. Go make me something to eat." The blueberry loving girl blinked up at the blueberry-tressed male with equally blue eyes as she commanded him ever so bluntly. He shook his head, shrugging a bit. "Kasui-san said there wasn't enough to make a decent meal out of, so it'd be useless."

"Kasui-baka's an idiot!! There's enough for ME, so go make ME something!!" She frowned, clutching onto his arm and shaking it a bit. Gill couldn't help but to release a sigh, reluctantly standing and very slowly, glancing around for the opportunity to sneak into the kitchen to see what he could do. He wasn't normally one to be pushed around, but Tsubaki was a very... pushy girl, who he knew would only cause problems if she didn't get her way...

"You've been so quiet, Roku-kun! Come on, let's play a game nano da!" Roku shook his head, smiling a bit at the mannequin, who was pumping her fists into the air with a determined expression. He had half a mind to tell her why he had been so quiet -- because her little blonde friend gave him a death glare every time he DID try to speak up -- but he figured it would need too much explanation and really, he just wasn't in the mood for it. Instead, he would have preferred to take her up on her offer and have a little fun, but... "Okay Hayari-chan, let's pick a game you already know how to play, okay?" Hayari paused, blinking at him a few times, before scurrying to the shelves where board games, cards and other such things were all lined up. Smiling, she stared blankly at all of it, unsure of where to begin.

"... no da~"

Gill led the way, and like a duckling, Tsubaki followed behind him, a smile (though hidden by her dress) lighting up her face, both because she was being fed and... well, because she was being fed and everybody else wasn't. Her smile disappeared entirely, however, when she felt a large hand grab her arm -- gently, she was spun around to meet the very deadpan face of a certain yankee -- of course, the very last face she would have wanted to see. The femme growled a bit. "What the hell do you want!? Can't you see--"

"Tsubaki."

His serious expression and use of her name was enough to shut her up almost immediately, and for a moment, her eyes softened, though her eyebrows remained puckered as she tried to keep her glare. "What?"

Kasui... perhaps because Tsubaki was the most indifferent of their little group of friends... even if she was an irritating brat, she was the most trustworthy... Hayari was an idiot who didn't know how to keep her mouth shut -- JUN was equally incapable of keeping a secret -- SHUN was too nice to do so, and so...

"Tsubaki... we found a body. Somebody's been killed."

Last edited by scarfu on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BlackStatic
    BlackStatic

Notes : 236

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Ayla Kurone
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/aylatheraichu

death from stupefaction || UTAU Murder Mystery/Gorefest '10  |D Empty Re: death from stupefaction || UTAU Murder Mystery/Gorefest '10 |D

Post by BlackStatic on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:25 am

O-OHMYGODSCARFU.
    You write your dialouge and paragraphs so well that I feel like a complete and utter amateur compared you you. Your choice of wording and gradual plot climax is fantastic. Pleasepleaseplease post more of this so I can stupidly fangirl over it ;n;
    taiwonton
    taiwonton

Notes : 650

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kirine Tsubaki & JUN/SHUN
    Blog/Website: http://www.poploids.zzl.org/index.php

death from stupefaction || UTAU Murder Mystery/Gorefest '10  |D Empty Re: death from stupefaction || UTAU Murder Mystery/Gorefest '10 |D

Post by taiwonton on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:22 pm

UGH THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL. OTL

Tsubaki is like, /perfect/, except that she's probably not quite so pushy around Gill. ouo But I'll tell you more about that on MSN. =u= You will like her attitude towards him I hope. <3

And UGH POOR ROKU ROFL. JUN is just all, "MITTS OFF MONOCHROME DOME"

I wonder who the first corpse is. eue

BY THE WAY, I AM ROFLING /FOREVER/ AT MATHIEU'S ENTRANCE. OH GOD I LAUGHED LIKE A DERP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LOBBY. <A<;;;

Ilusomuchscarfu. <3
    My other half is so talented. =u=
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Yes! Our forum needs more gore.
    Misha
    Misha

Notes : 2890

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/

Post by Misha on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:48 pm

death from stupefaction || UTAU Murder Mystery/Gorefest '10  |D 1267573602402

MOAR. I NEED MOAR.

Notes : 2459

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: D:-Loids
    Blog/Website: http://dloids.blogspot.com/

Post by vio. on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:24 pm

I LAUGHED LIKE AN IDIOT AT EVERYONE'S CAREFREENESS.
    IT WAS ADORABLE. =u= Iikiii~~~<3
    And I love Karen's acting in this. lol "I'm a doggy-woggie-poo! now GTFO :V"

Kazuko is such a darling *A*;; <3 She's like the baby sitter.

WHO DIED LET ME KNOW HHHHHHHHHGNHH.

lol Mathieu I love him C:
    scarfu
    scarfu

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Thank you everyone, uu~ ;w;

The person who died is... a secret~ eue I would have said who it was if I wanted it to be known, ihihihihihi~

But you will know at a later date my friends. =w=
    Misha
    Misha

UTAU Information

Post by Misha on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:53 pm

I have my guesses ~

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:54 pm

If you must guess, guess to me on MSN, cuz I don't want to deny or approve anything. =w=;;;

[/under~ wraps~~] XD
    Aline
    Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Post by Aline on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Ufufu, I already passed a line under possible victims' names here; the ones who appeared right before/after the body was found and Iiki Koe (since she's tanned, thus, being able to be recognizable through skincolor; the body was mangled, but it implies there still was skin to be seen). Now, waiting until the next chapter is done to clear up (or not) some of my theories XDDDD

I await for the next chapter!
    scarfu
    scarfu

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:44 am

dA repost time~

Woooooooooo, chapter two is out~ I drew cover art for it this time mainly because I don't think a guro story is very fun without a little visual aid! The cover didn't turn out as creepy as I would have liked though, sorry guys... ;w;

I kind of want to ask around to see if I can get people to draw covers for some of these upcoming chapters too, just because I think it'd be fun to see other artists attempt to draw the scenes... o xo... But seeing as I'm a fruit and will probably be the only one who likes this idea I'll probably be the only one who does it. =u=b;

I wanted to set up a once a week release schedule for this, so I was gonna wait until Monday to release it, but I'm really tired of looking at this chapter so I'm just gonna release it today. =w=; I'm sorry, I feel like it's not very eventful, but trust me, things are going to be getting pretty intense from here on out, ihihihi....

I only ended up adding three more cast members, and those would be~:

Ganari Tateru (JP)
    Vista
    Yue Nagareboshi

Congrats to those three on being able to play in this glorious little game! Our current cast list now includes:

Kanbine Hayari
    Kirine Tsubaki
    JUN/SHUN
    Kamene Kasui
    Mathieu Rosaire
    Yoshiki Roku
    Hayasu Gill
    Kikyuune Aiko
    Hachi Makune
    Ichiro Makune
    SELEN
    Mokkene Karen
    Iiki Koe
    Uchiiori Yamato
    SHOICHIRO
    Aline Enbukyoku
    Deon
    Yonagine Kazuko
    Moritake
    Ganari Tateru
    Vista
    Yue Nagareboshi

With each chapter that comes up, I'll remove the cast members who are confirmed dead, as an aid to the reader. =w= As for now, there is no one to remove, because spoilers for the chapter. =w=;

death from stupefaction || UTAU Murder Mystery/Gorefest '10  |D Blackout

Spoiler:
    Softly, a fireplace flickered against the darkened corners of Kinpa's large study, shrouding the air with an enriching chestnut scent. The room had been dimmed by the storm, and thus, the shadows caused by the jumping flame and embers danced around the walls, the faces of those who inhabited it... but most excruciatingly, the pages of the hairdresser's book. Subconsciously, the femme released a very hasty sigh before snapping the hardcovered book shut. Her arms stretched upwards a bit, and once she had stretched back into succor, she spoke. "Hnn... can we turn a light on in here already? This can't be good for any of our eyes."

"But Vista-san, isn't it calming? I love the way rain colors the sky..." The ever agreeable Yue Nagareboshi spoke slowly, softly, in a way that was just as serene as their surroundings. Batting her eyelashes a few times, the PC's magenta hues turned wordlessly to the large, dark-framed window besides her armchair. She couldn't read, she couldn't eat -- no, she, like the others, couldn't do much else but wait for their kind hostess' return... And while Vista was feeling just a bit more patient than on any normal occasion, she felt that quickly, said patience would be wearing thin...

The dainty footsteps of two women caused her head to cock back once more, and upon spotting the gentle smiles of both Kazuko and Selen, the auburn-locked woman tilted her head some.

"Ah, you were right, Selen-san! I wonder if it's still operational..."

The younger blonde stepped further into the den, nodding politely at those she passed, and then leaned down to inspect an old, rustic-looking radio, one that likely hadn't been used since it's initial release, judging by the dust that had gathered. Removing a glove, the woman gently brought her finger across the top, leaving a rich, wooden-colored trail amongst the monotone dust, and for a moment, she stared down in disgust. It wasn't long before her peach-haired companion was at her side, her hand tucked within her sleeve, which she proceeded to use as a makeshift rag as the knobs and dials of the radio were wiped. Again, with traces of repulsion, Kazuko watched the process as she replaced her glove, unable to fathom the idea of doing this with her own dressings...

Finding the appearance of the docile pair far more entertaining than the rolling charcoal skies, Vista leaned forward a bit in her chair, crossing her legs and resting her chin in her hands. "What's so special about that dinky old thing...?"

Blowing the top of the radio to rid of any extra dust she may have missed, Selen smiled softly. "Oh, Kazuko-san and I just wanted to see if there was any news about the storm and the sea ports." The blonde nodded as Selen began to tinker with the machine, then proceeded to continue where she had left off. "It seems that the rain knocked the cable and the phone lines out, so we were hoping that the radio could give us some kind of an update..."

With an eyebrow cocked, Vista leaned back once more. "The cable and the phones are out, huh..." She pouted a bit, her gaze shifting back towards the storm, only occassionaly shooting over to the radio affair. "Sounds like we've been lopped into some cheesy Sherlock Holmes' novel or something."

"Mannnnnnnn, you guys are whinier than a leashed wolf pack!" A very... unique male voice had been able to catch the attention of all in the room, though the unified turning heads didn't seem to bother the Japan-native loid any bit. With a cocky grin, Ganari Tateru pulled down at the zipper of his jumpsuit, revealing a bag of marshmallows he had smuggled past those near the kitchen and quickly, he scurried towards the flame.

Resisting the urge to roll her eyes, Kazuko spoke sharply. "Ganari-san, we should really wait until there's enough for all of us to eat at once." By that time, the male had already hastily shoved a marshmallow onto one of the wood prodding sticks by the fireplace, roasted it a bit, and stuffed the sticky mess into his mouth -- this, however, did not prevent him from snorting loudly, and speaking almost incoherently, bits of white already falling from his lips. "Geesh, lighten up, woman! It ain't gonna hurt nobody no how for me to snack a bit, kyahahaha!"

Eyes shifting towards the radio, Kazuko felt disgust rise within her once more, a feeling that was becoming all too familiar. She, like a few of the others, from what she had gathered, had not been to keen with the idea of the presence of Japanese loids, outsiders, at their ranking. After all, it was a more than just a rarity for any of the Overseas to appear in the Japanese ranking, so what had inspired anyone to think that the Japanese were any more welcome at theirs?

"I'm not getting a signal..." Seemingly oblivious to the negative vibes radiating from her counterpart, Selen's face quickly twisted into a frustrated pout. Kazuko had turned, thankful for something to distract her from the pig in front of the fireplace, when said pig seemed to jump from where he was sitting, slithering his way between both she and the bustier femme. Placing a hand on her shoulder, he grinned, lifting a thumbs up and winking. "I got this, babe -- this here's a man's job!" Clueless, Selen smiled and nodded as the man got to work, the noises of AM static quickly flooding the area.

"A... a body?!"

The words seemed distant, even when she said them herself. The idea of it was ridiculous, even with Kasui's serious tone -- how could a body... who would even...?! Noticing that the green-haired femme was no longer tagging along behind him, Gill paused, retracing his steps a bit so that he was standing firmly behind her. Unlike his cheesecake loving friend, Gill was not intimidated in the slightest by the ex-con, though this was likely due to his indifference towards everything rather some bout of courage. "What's going on?" His words were monotonous, but sharp, and the irritation that had risen within Kasui was immediately recognizable. Grabbing the princess wannabe's arm, he pulled her away, and finally, Gill appeared to take the hint -- shrugging slightly, he turned, heading toward their original destination.

"Let go of me!" The girl nearly screeched, her hands batting at his arms, threatening to claw if her demands weren't met -- his grasp, however, merely jumped from her arm to her shoulders, and the male leaned forward a bit, trying his best to convey the message. "Tsubaki... I'm serious. It's on the second floor -- Ichiro and Mathieu and I--"

"Okay, you need two things right now -- a breath mint, and some acting lessons." Frowning, the girl shoved his hands from her person once more and pierced his green optics with her own blue orbs. "Joke's over, Kasui-baka~ You can't fool me, you're so... fake! You're not acting like someone who's just seen a dead body~ Idiot Kasui, you--"

While it wasn't an unjustified assumption on Tsubaki's part (after all, he had done much, much worse in the past merely to get a reaction from the girl), his agitation rose quickly. This was a serious situation, one he couldn't afford to have her doubting... or worse, blabbing about straight away. A strong, tanned hand pressed against the neck of her dress was enough to silence her, and with his other, free hand, he began to pull at her arm, preparing to lead her up the grand stairwell. However, the little princess didn't seem to enthralled with this idea, and began swatting at him immediately, her hands and legs battering his body... The yakuza could only find one solution to the problem -- scooping the green-haired femme's small body, he placed her over his shoulder and held her in place, regardless of her frantic kicking and muffled screeching noises.

Once the body had been covered, the emerald headed french man seemed a lot more levelheaded about the situation... Though quickly, as the blood instantly seeped past the thin white fabric, outlining the corpse once more, a sick feeling rose from his stomach into his throat, and both his gaze and his head shot downward, his hands pressed against his mouth. The blue-haired Makune seemed to be taking things just a bit better than the scoffing chef beside him and gently, and so, he tucked the sheet underneath the body's weight, only feeling uneasy once he noticed the trail of blood left behind on his hands. "We... We can't leave it here..."

"Whaddya MEAN we can't!? Yes, yes we can!! We could have left it EXACTLY how it was and it would have been PERFECTLY acceptable! It's bad, it's really bad, your fingerprints are all over it now, uwoooooo! I'm an accomplice! We're going to go to jail orworsewe'regoingtobekilledahhhhhhhhhthiscan'tbehappenin--"

It took everything in Ichiro's power to resist the urge to smack the male -- in fact, the only thing that was holding him back was the red, sticky substance which would likely cause Mathieu to have an anneurism. "Didn't you listen to a word Kasui-nii said?"

Lifting his head once more, Mathieu released a very rough sigh after wiping his hands across his face. "W... We can't tell anybody about the body y-yet..."

"That's right. Do you remember why?"

"I... It'll cause m... mass panic...? W... We have to b-break it to everyone g-gently..."

"Well... that," The Makune paused, rearranging the sheet a bit so that this time, it was wrapped around the body entirely, tied securely in place at it's assumed chest area. "And... well, if the body isn't discovered immediately, the murderer will probably be easier to pick out."

"...H-Huh?"

"Think about it." Standing up straight, Ichiro's eyes remained fixed on the lump of red and white on the floor. His gaze was slightly empty, but lost in thought more than anything. "This body... here, of all places... If the murderer hadn't wanted the body to be discovered, they would have hidden, wouldn't they? But... they did the opposite -- they left it here, in the middle of the second floor -- the floor where more than half of the guestrooms are, no less... No. The murderer... this is exactly what they wanted. They wanted somebody to find this body. They wanted somebody to see it, freak out, and run downstairs and tell the others..."

Green eyes bat a few times, and momentarily, Mathieu wasn't entirely sure whether to be impressed by Ichiro's ability to think through a dire situation... or frightened.

"If we move the body, nobody will find it, and this will make the murderer grow antsy or even paranoid -- they'll wonder why it hasn't been found, and try to take some sort of action so that it will be found..." Silent for a moment, Ichiro nodded, as if he needed to do so to finalize his thoughts -- then, a small smile appeared on his face as his eyes fluttered shut and his head tilted only slightly to the left.

"Alright, so you grab the legs, I'll support the head, but be careful, we can't have it's organs spilling out all over the place, okay?"

With an overall look of tenacity, the rugged janitor scowled downward, the crackling noises of the radio's disrupted frequencies piercing through his skull and adding further to his already colossal migraine. Biting down on his lip, he watched as the peach-haired femme turned the knobs on the vintage contraption's dial... and finally, something coherent came crackling through the dusty speakers.

"Geez, finally! Ganari-san, I thought you said you knew how to fix it! Some repairman you are!" The PC's playful words were quickly hushed by the younger, though more sophisticated blonde, who's lilac eyes were locked onto the dials.

"All... advised to... ... ...boats will not be permitted... and must remain docked until after the storm passes... ... estimated to be some time tomorrow."

The faint voice of a male rang through the now reticent den, where all heads and ears leaned forward to catch the news. Releasing a slight sigh, Kazuko smiled a bit, one that was more dejected than anything else. "Well, it's to be expected -- it'd be suicide to try and sail in this weather..."

"A-Ah, no boats until tomorrow?!?" Stumbling inside of the den with a nervous, goofy grin and a hand frantically waving in front of him, Mathieu, along with his gentler willed companion, who bore nothing but a calm smile. "A-Are you sure?! N-N-No, that can't be right! Surely t-the storm will pass and--"

Upon feeling a hand on his right shoulder, the green-haired male shrieked, jumping nearly a foot in the air before darting forwards, spinning around, and meeting the gentle, concerned gaze of the sickliest male. "Are you feeling alright, Mathieu-san?"

Mathieu's hands wove just a bit faster and his grin grew just a bit wider. "A-A-Ah, don't scare me like that Yue-san, ahaha! I'm too young to die of a heart attack! Ahahaha, nothing's wrong, I-I'm j-j-jus--"

This time, it was Ichiro's arm that met with Mathieu's shoulders, and from behind, he chimed in with a convincing smile. "Don't worry about it, Mathi here's just worked up because he hasn't eaten anything today... Speaking of which, if the boats aren't coming, maybe we should just try and whip something up for dinner? There's gotta be SOMETHING edible here..."

As if on cue, footsteps of three more tapped gently against the hard tile floor, and quickly, the den became just a bit more crowded -- having replaced the green-tressed princess with a clueless mannequin and her equally simpleminded cheesecake loving partner, Gill's cyan eyes scanned the area momentarily, and he nodded. "I can probably put something simple together -- fried rice, definitely, maybe some garlic bread if I can find their spices..."

"Mmn, sounds like a plan then." Selen spoke up with a grin, feeling the effects of hunger finally wearing down on her. "Where are all of the others? We can all help Gill-san make dinner, together."

"Uu, Hachi-chan, Iiki-chan and Sho-chan went to go explore upstairs no da!" Raising a fist in the air, the gray-skinned femme nodded, as if remembering the detail was some sort of huge accomplishment.

"U-U-Upstairs?!" Mathieu's grin quickly transitioned from a nervous one to petrified, and immediately, he sent a fearful stare in the direction of the Makune -- the latter's only response being a tightened grasp around his shoulders and a steady smile.

"Yamato-kun went up after them -- he said he wanted to wash up." Roku chimed in shortly after, glancing up at Gill, who seemed to be preoccupied examining the vigorous storm through the window.

"A-Ah, Y-Y-Yamato-san, H-Hachi-chan, Iiki-chan, Sh-Sho-s-san... a-are all upstairs..." Immediately, things were beginning to click together in the frenchman's mind, and every conclusion that he could come to was jumped. The body... couldn't possibly have been Iiki's -- she was the only one with that dark of a complexion, and she was the smallest of the bunch... Shoichiro and Hachi on the other hand... But what would have lead Uchiiori Yamato to murdering either of them? While he couldn't think up a clear theory, the fact that Yamato was a foreigner made him all the more suspicious...

The image of the body... it was beginning to eat at the frenchman. He couldn't blink without seeing the hues of the bruised skin and tissue, the twisted innards and intestines, all torn into bits and pieces in a sea of murky blood...

Hachi, Shoichiro, Iiki and Yamato had gone upstairs; not one was anywhere to be found.

It was more than likely that one of them -- more likely one of the first two rather the last -- were dead.

... He had to say something.

"Y-Y-You g-g-guys, w-w-we c-can't j-just s-stand a-around, w-we--"

And finally, it hit him.

"...... Where's... Aiko?"

His voice seemed to regain a bit of it's self a bit with these words, his smile disappearing for the first time and his eyes hardening.

The mannequin placed a finger on her chin, her eyes rolling upward in thought. "Uu, Aiko-san... Did she go to the game room, or did she go upstairs, or did she go exploring no da..."

Mathieu felt his anger boil up just a bit -- she had been able to remember the whereabouts of everybody else but the one who had mattered most... Ichiro sensed the hostility buidling within the male beside him, and so he stepped forward a bit, towards the chef. "Well, there are plenty of us down here -- we'll just get started on dinner and call for everybody when it's ready. It's not too complicated after all!"

However... before anybody could do so much as turn their backs, a loud rumbling sound proceeding a meretricious flash shook the large home -- and as the flash faded, so did all of the lights surrounding them, leaving nothing but the flickering of the fireplace's subdued flame. Once the bunch had gotten their heart rates back under control, glances were exchanged around the room -- the lighting in the den was relatively the same, but the lack of lights, in combination with the ashen storm clouds above, created a dark abyss of the rest of home. Mathieu felt his heart rise into his throat, but, fueled by genuine concern for his beloved tsundere, he was able to fight off... a bit of the urge to scream.

"Uu, uu, it's dark no da! Is it bed time now?" The mannequin's head twisted left and right with an empty, confused smile

"Oh, the power went out..." Kazuko spoke softly, squinting, as if it would help her see better. "Ganari-san, you're a maintenance man, you can fix this, right?"

"Pfff, if he fixes it like he fixed the radio, I'd rather go try and fix it myself!" The auburn-tressed bookworm laughed playfully, standing from her armchair and sticking her book back onto the shelf.

Quickly, Ganari's voice rang out from the darkness. "Yeah, I'll take a look at it, but it ain't a job I can take on myself. I don't even know where the power box would be..."

"Oh, Ganari-san, I'll help you look for it." Ichiro nodded, smiling some.

"M... Me too." Mathieu, however, lacked a smile -- in reality, he had no interest in finding the power box... at least, not yet. His biggest concern... was finding Aiko.

"Okay, so, Ichiro-san, Ganari-san, Mathieu-san, you take care of the power... Maybe there's a backup generator somewhere? Selen-san and I will go look for flashlights or candles in the mean time... Gill-san, do you think you can start on the dinner preparations without power?"

Pausing for a moment, the chef nodded. "It's an old gas stove, so it should still work..."

"Actually, Kazuko-san," Selen smiled brightly, though slightly reserved. "Is it okay if I stay down here and help with dinner?"

"O-Oh... ah, sure, of course." The blonde faltered a bit -- as the two had been lopped together their entire stay at the mansion, she had automatically assumed that she would be accompanying her. Quickly, Kazuko was able to remember that she and the peach-haired woman really... weren't that close, nor were they really friends at all, and thus, it had been foolish of her to think that way.

"Don't worry Kazuko-san, Hayari-chan and I'll help you look for the flashlights." Roku nodded, and again, the mannequin's fists were in the air. "We'll find them for sure nano da~! Vista-chan, Vista-chan, come with us, uu!"

The PC nodded. "Of course, of course!"

"I guess I'll help with dinner too then." The last to pop in, Yue stepped over to where both Selen and Gill stood.

Without so much as a second thought... the group split up.

Even in the cold, aphotic kitchen, Gill couldn't have felt any more at ease anywhere else, or with anybody else. It really was beautifully designed -- like the rest of the home, it let off a very venerable air, one that was refined and simply screamed class. From the cold, checkerboard tile, to the wooden pantry and cabinets, to the maroon, baroque detailing on the counters, it felt like a cookery suit for royalty. Furthermore, the tools available inside -- Gill was almost disappointed that the hostess hadn't kept a professional chef on the grounds at all times. The stove was a combination of both a typical gas stove, creating an easy ground for frying and using a skillet, and a fire stove, where fairly large meats and meals could be roasted over an open flame inside of the enclosed oven portion. Glancing back at the two who had tagged along to help, he briefly wondered whether it would have been a better idea to wait around for the other two chefs to help out -- however, as it was a simple meal, Gill figured there was no reason to be too concerned.

"Mm, Selen-san, if you'd like, you could start boiling water for the rice...? I couldn't find a rice maker anywhere." His voice was cold, but this was nothing that was anything to take offense to, as his usual tone was a very stoic one. "I'll look for some meats we can add... Nagareboshi-san, will you try and find their spice cabinet? I couldn't find it last time I was in here."

Both of the overseas gave a quick nod, and without a word, they began to take care of their duties.

Selen, after digging and searching around a bit, moved towards the sink and began to fill a small pot with water. "Hayasu-san, you're friends with Tsubaki-san and Hayari-san, aren't you?" As both a way to start polite conversation and to fill the silence, she spoke sweetly, beaming softly.

Gill seemed a bit hesitant to answer, if only because he didn't understand the need for conversation between to people who didn't even know each other on first name basis. "... Yes, Roku and I both. We came here to cheer them on."

Yue, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind the silence as much as the bustier woman did, and hadn't spoken a word until the cabinet just above where the pink-haired woman stood was the last on his list to inspect. "Excuse me, Selen-san... Oh, watch your head." From behind, Yue reached past the woman's shoulders, opening the cabinet above her slowly and peering inside.

"Oh, I think I found some, Gill-san. Which were the ones you needed again?"

"Garlic, salt... pepper maybe... We can pull out more as we need them."

"Alright... Garlic... ah, here you are... Salt..." One by one, Yue brought the spices out, examined them to the best of his ability with the horrible lighting, and placed them onto the counter... and as he reached for the pepper, a bottle amongst the rest unwedged from it's place, falling on top of curvaceous woman's head and leaving a trail of dark brown behind.

Immediately, both by the counter took a few steps backwards, and Yue's face became slightly anxious. "S-Selen-san, I'm so sorry, I--"

"No, no, don't worry about it, it's fine!" Selen shook her head a bit, smiling -- while the spill had shocked her initially, upon sniffing the liquid, she determined that it wasn't anything more than vanilla extract. "It'll come right off with a little cold water... Here, I'll be right back, I'm going to go wash this off."

Separated from the other two, Mathieu wandered the dark hallways of Kinpa's regal estate with an unsteady heart rate -- the situation he had landed himself in... was unreal. They had found a body, a dead body -- not even a typical murder, but one that was sick, demented... Not even thirty minutes ago, his hands had been stained with the blood of the deceased after having hidden it from view. Now, in the middle of a power outage, he was roaming the dark, unfamiliar hallways of a grand mansion... alone... with a murderer on the loose.

In any other situation, it was likely that the male would have keeled over and had a panic attack, but one question rang through his mind that kept both his legs and his courage from turning to jello -- Where was Aiko? Half due to denial, and half due to his confidence in knowing the woman he loved like the back of his own hand, Mathieu was absolutely sure that Aiko was not the body that they had found. It... it just wasn't possible! If she had died... no, she couldn't have died -- the thought was one that his brain simply would not allow to cross his thoughts, mainly because, if she had died... he wouldn't have been there to protect her, thus being his own fault...

Thunder rumbled throughout the hallways once more, this time, much more suppressed than the fit that had knocked the power out... For a moment, the male wondered if the storm would be lightening up any time soon, but an earful of the howling wind, the rattling sound of the creaky, loose pieces of the home outside, and the loud pattering of the rain was soon able to convince him otherwise. In fact, he was beginning to believe that the storm wasn't anywhere near it's full potential...

Footsteps.

Amongst the rain, amongst the wind, amongst the thunder's rumbling... he heard footsteps.

Even with his goal in mind, the adrenaline rushing through his veins caused him to stop dead in his tracks. He swallowed, trying his best to identify it's source...

"Ihihihihihihi...."

His eyes widened -- laughter.

Every hair on his body was standing upright, and his eyes were wide with fear -- he tried to speak, but not a single word would come out. In that moment, Mathieu was sure... that he would be next to die.

Was the voice male or female? He couldn't even tell that much -- it was so quiet, and the sound of his heart blasting through his chest wasn't helping the situation much...

The footsteps grew a bit louder, and immediately, Mathieu's eyes screwed shut -- the corners of his eyes began water, and his fists tightened. He... couldn't die yet! He was young, and he... he still hadn't found Aiko...

"W-Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

A crash.

A scream.

Down the halls echoed a scream, a scream that was strong enough to shatter all traces of paralyzing adrenaline from his system -- a scream that had given Mathieu the energy to leap across the halls, turn corners with ease and nearly left a trail of fire behind him.

Aiko's scream.

"G... Gahhh!!! You little brats, I'll kill you!!!"

Mathieu came to a squeaking stop, almost running into the blue-haired femme due to his ridiculous amount of momentum, and immediately, his face twisted in confusion. On the floor, a small, silver bucket lied tipped over on the floor, and from the doorway it lied behind emerged the small heads of three children, all of whom bore mischievous smiles on their face.

"Hachi-nee, you were right!! That was HILARIOUS!!" A younger male's voice cheered loudly -- Shoichiro glanced at the now soaking Aiko with a cocky grin and quickly, he held his palm up towards the bunned blonde.

Hachi wiped her nose a bit, her eyes fluttering to a close as her free hand rested on her hip. "Kihihihi, I told you it'd work~ It's one of the simplest pranks in the book, but it still cracks me up every time, kyahaha!" Bringing her palm against the younger boy's quickly, she glanced at the third member of their party, who had rushed to their victim's side immediately.

"A-Ah, Aiko-sama, are you okay?!" Iiki hadn't been a fan of the idea in the first place, but Sho had already been upset with her, and she didn't want to press him any further...

Aiko growled, resisting the urge to push the girl away -- not that she didn't appreciate her trying to be helpful, but she was irked, cold, wet, and it was dark -- she wasn't too happy. "You guys are in BIG trouble -- I don't have any other clothes except what I brought to wear to the ranking!!! And you, YOU--" Aiko lunged forward, grabbing the green-haired male's collar, who had been shocked into silence up until that point. "Where the hell have YOU been!?"

"A-Ah, Aiko-chan..." Mathieu smiled nervously, though laced with relief -- finally, he was able to find her... The courage he had been able to muster up in attempts to find her, however, was diminishing quickly. "I... we..."

Suddenly, the lights began to flicker a bit, causing the male to silence a bit, and after a few moments of flickering between on and off, the lights returned to their full luminescence once more. Aiko released the male's collar as well as a sigh of relief, and she glanced down towards the younger UTAU, who, at that point, had lost their smirks, knowing that they had been caught red-handed. "Once I get dried up, I'm bringing you downstairs and letting everybody decide how we're supposed to deal with you little brats... Maybe Kasui-san will give you a good talking to, huh? How would you like that?!"

"I... I ain't afraid of that big dumbass!" Shoichiro's voice cracked a bit as he shoved his hands backward, his eyes hardened in an attempt to look tough.

"Yeah, we'll just see, won't we?" Still visibly upset, the blue-haired femme made a beeline towards the bathroom -- initially, Mathieu began to follow her in a fashion similar to a lost puppy, but realized that following her into the bathroom would only cause problems, and so he resolved to wait a few doors down.

Grumbling underneath her breath, Aiko turned the knob of the bathroom door, immediately noting the foul scent in the air, and...

Her body shot backwards, and as she hit the wall, she gagged, her body sliding down to the floor and her hands covering her mouth, her nose, her eyes... but even then, she couldn't help but to split her fingers, even just a small bit, just to confirm that what she saw before her wasn't an illusion, but actuality--

Blood... everywhere.

The sink... was covered in blood.

The mirror was shattered into millions of pieces, the spiderweb of cracks all beginning from a very large hole in it's lower left corner...

The white counter top was littered with remnants of broken glass and droplets of blood, all gathering into pools of glimmering silver and dark crimson. The sink was filled to the brim with water, which was stained a murky, muted red color...

And on the floor where, water, glass and blood had gathered, was a body, in much better condition than it's predecessor, but not in any condition that was any less horrifying -- it was the body of Selen, her face riddled with cuts, bruising, and hundreds of very large glass remnants piercing through her cheeks, her lips, her eyeballs, revealing the soft flesh of her mouth and throat. Beyond the dark reds and purples lied a deep blue color in the woman's face, signifying that she had been suffocated...

... drowned.

Perhaps what was most horrifying of all... was that even in this condition...

... the woman's signature smile continued to linger on her features.
    Misha
    Misha

UTAU Information

Post by Misha on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:27 am

bby you know I would be more then willin to contribute art to the fabulous story.

Fsssk silly Hachi, prankin poor Aiko like that : C
    and Mathieuuuuuu ; u;;;;

SELEN noooooooooo!!
    Feels bad man

Notes : 650

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kirine Tsubaki & JUN/SHUN
    Blog/Website: http://www.poploids.zzl.org/index.php

Post by taiwonton on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 am

Fab stories require fab art. =u= I would draw, but I'll have to practice guro. Neutral
    I'm not very good at drawing gore. eue;

Lovely chapter scarfu~ I can't wait for the next part. eue

[/especially since I know what happens, uhuhuhuhu]
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:58 am

;afjdsa;jd no words
    this is so amazing please keep writing ;w;

Your writing style is so luscious, aaaaah detail~ And the SUSPENSE. Also I'm in love with how you write Mathieu. ;w; And Kazuko too! I'm totally getting an Umineko vibe from this and I loooove it <3
    scarfu
    scarfu

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:02 am

;w; I'm glad you like it! I hope I'm portraying Kazuko well enough... =w=;; Yell at me if I ever mess up! =w= <3
    scarfu
    scarfu

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:01 am

dA repost~

Guest Chapter art by Mathieu! Glorious job, ilu husbando! |D

Okay okay~~ Chapter three's out, alrigggght~ This chapter has an absolute rubber duck ton of dialogue okay guys, so I'm sorry if things get a little bland. |D poopie's really starting to pick up though, and really, it's kind of funny to see how stupidly all of these characters just wander around...

Alright, so let's see who's still around, shall we?

Kanbine Hayari
    Kirine Tsubaki
    JUN/SHUN
    Kamene Kasui
    Mathieu Rosaire
    Yoshiki Roku
    Hayasu Gill
    Kikyuune Aiko
    Hachi Makune
    Ichiro Makune
    Mokkene Karen
    Iiki Koe
    Uchiiori Yamato
    SHOICHIRO
    Aline Enbukyoku
    Deon
    Yonagine Kazuko
    Moritake
    Ganari Tateru
    Vista
    Yue Nagareboshi

Aw, bye bye SELEN-san! You'll be missed, but your death probably left some sort of huge clue, didn't it? But as morbid as it was, who could make any sense of it? Ihihihi...

death from stupefaction || UTAU Murder Mystery/Gorefest '10  |D Dfs3-1

Spoiler:
    "Alright, is that everyone?"

The fire was extinguished, the radio was silenced, and in the now very virulent, hostile den, nineteen people stood crowded against one another. Even in a den as large as Kinpa's, there was just barely enough room to hold all of the mansion's current inhabitants comfortably -- though, with the circumstances at hand, it was very likely that the room seemed a lot more frigid, a lot more procacious, and a lot smaller than it was... because somewhere amongst all of them... there was a murderer.

In the distance, soft thunder rolled overhead.

With her face buried within her hands, Aiko sat hunched over, both a towel and the arm of a certain green-haired male wrapped around her shoulders. Kikyuune Aiko had a reputation for being tough, but when it all came down to it, she was still a girl -- rather, she was still human -- making indifference to what she had discovered an impossible feat. Quickly, Mathieu had noticed the femme's shaking shoulders (likely due to a mixture of the cold air mixing with her wet clothes, along with instilled fear) and his grasp around her immediately tightened. While he was definitely affected by the sight of Selen's disfigured body, he was notably less so than his beloved -- perhaps because he had already seen -- and touched, no less -- much, much worse. As his thoughts ran back to the first corpse, his gaze moved downward, his eyes quickly filling with fear and anxiety...

"Uu, what's going on nano da~?" Amongst all of the serious, fearful faces, one girl stood with a blank smile on her face, her head turning in all directions to glance at each of the faces within the room. She, like many of the others who had rushed upstairs after hearing the chain of screams upon the discovery of Selen's body, had witnessed the corpse firsthand -- regardless, the femme just didn't seem capable of grasping the serious air of the situation. Even after Roku, Jun, Kasui, and even Tsubaki had tried explaining to it all to her... it was simply something she could not comprehend, and thus, she was unable to keep up with the solemn faces of the others. "Are we going to play a game, uu~? I wanna go first nano da--"

"Just shut up already!"

Sets of dark stares immediately fell upon the ponytailed blonde -- not due to her little outburst, oh no; it was something that almost every being within the room had wanted to shout at the ditzy mannequin -- but rather, because she... was one of the prime suspects. Karen leaned against one of the walls, the farthest she could get from everybody else (which, really, wasn't all that far), a stern look on her features. She, along with a few others, had just been unlucky enough to wander off on their own and, well, fate took it's course -- bodies were discovered. Naturally, because nobody could prove her alibi but she herself, Karen knew that she would be suspected -- however, she felt nothing but irritation about the situation. The nerve of all of them, suspecting her of all people!

Once everybody had been accounted for, the manliest brute of the bunch took a few steps forward, to the center of the room, where all eyes landed on him. Kasui appeared to be, without a doubt, the least affected by all of it -- in fact, he seemed almost entirely oblivious to what he had seen, his face straight and without one indication that a body had been found -- thus, he had more or less appointed himself as the temporary detective figure. To some, this was ridiculously suspicious, but to others... knowing Kasui's history and background, it was really no surprise.

"This is probably a lost cause, korrrrra," His rough voice broke through the rain-tainted silence, loud enough to catch the attention of the nineteen, but noticeably less rough than his usual conversational tone. "But does anyone just wanna fess up and get this over with already?"

Glances were exchanged throughout the room, and gazes fell to the floor -- the sound of slight coughing could be heard, along with the pattering of the hard rain against the roof, but all together, it ended up sounding like one thing, and one thing alone -- silence.

Kasui continued to drag out the silence for just a bit longer, feeling the pressure build up in the room as he did so -- perhaps, under said pressure, the criminal would crack. However, with the passing of a few minutes, he became fully aware that this technique would be getting them nowhere, and so he took a few steps forward, sitting on one of the counters next to where the old radio sat upright, and his face gained a very serious stare.

"No one's gonna talk? Fine. Yer just prolongin' the inevitable." He leaned forward a bit, his eyes half-lidded, and immediately, a finger was pointed to the purple-clad blonde standing by the door, who's gaze shot up in irritated confusion.

"Startin' with you, we're all gonna go 'round and give our alibis, korrra. Go."

The prude within her was deeply agitated by the male's unnecessarily rough speech pattern, but quickly, she shut her eyes, shook her head a bit and then parted her pursed lips. "Vista-san, Yue-san, Ganari-san, Selen-san and I were all in the den -- Mathieu-san and Ichiro-san came in and talked with us for a bit -- then, Gill-san, Roku-san and Hayari-san came in and suggested that we start preparing something for dinner. Then, the lights went out," She paused, glancing at those involved with her alibi before picking up once more. "And so we split up -- Gill-san, Yue-san and Selen-san went into the kitchen to start getting things ready, Ganari-san, Mathieu-san and Ichiro-san went to go find a way to get the lights back on, and Vista-san, Roku-san, Hayari-san and I went to find some candles and flashlights."

"So where are the flashlights?" Bluntly, the rugged male spoke, his gaze cold.

Further irritated by his seemingly accusing stare, Kazuko's eyebrows furrowed, but her speech was kept polite. "The lights came back on, Kasui-san -- they were no longer necessary."

A chorus of uu's chimed from the other side of the room, where the mannequin flashed a bright, clueless smile. "We hadn't even gotten to look upstairs yet nano da!"

Placing a hand on top of the mannequin's head and mess of hair, Roku, too, had a smile on his lips -- one that was a lot smaller and a bit spiritless and a lot more appropriate for the situation in comparison to the girl's, but a smile no less. "We... We all heard the scream upstairs, so we hurried up to go see what was going on..."

"Seems a bit convenient that almost everyone's whereabouts are explainable through one alibi." The blonde on the wall spat out sarcastically, flashing a chilling smile.

"Ya wanna start explainin' where you were then, korrrra?" Kasui snapped back at the girl, irritated by her sarcasm.

"Me? I was in my guest room, unpacking my things for tonight." She stated matter-of-factly, pushing her body off of the wall.

"Oh, really korrra, so you were upstairs, where the body was found, but didn't hear the murder takin' place or nothin'?"

Shooting her gaze towards the brute, she placed her hands on her hips and prepared to fire off a few questions of her own. "Kasui-san, don't sit there and try to act like you're perfect -- where were YOU? You weren't downstairs with the others, so that makes you just as suspicious as I am! Hell, you're the most suspicious -- sitting there with such a calm face, pointing fingers left and right like it's nobody's business -- it's not like you haven't killed people before!!"

The room immediately shot up into a fit of whispers, all eyes falling coldly and suspiciously onto the loud yakuza member. His face became notably infuriated, and he, too, stood. "I was upstairs, showing Batsubatsu something, korrrra! Go ahead and ask her, ya little brat!!"

Tsubaki, not wanting to get lopped on with the new suspicion that had risen in Kasui, merely nodded her head before looking away, the rising tension causing her to feel a bit disgusted.

"Oh, really, so you were upstairs, where the body was found, but didn't hear the murder taking place or nothing?" The girl mimicked him slowly, the words dripping from her smile like poison. "What were you showing her, hmm?"

"T-That's none of your god damn business, korrrra!" Kasui couldn't help but to falter a bit.

At this, Tsubaki couldn't help but to stomp on the ground a bit, her blue hues lighting up with rage. "Kasui-baka, don't be vague like that! They're going to get the wrong idea-- E-Ew, oh my god, even the thought of it is just--!" The girl shuddered visibly, far more concerned with her own reputation than keeping the presence of the first body hidden.

"Shut up Batsu, nobody was thinking that until you said it korrrra!! You IDIOT, now we--"

"There was another... body."

Quickly, the accusing whispers and stares came dwindling to a stop as all eyes turned towards the green haired boy, who's head was pointed directly towards the floor. The blue-haired femme beside him widened her eyes a bit, seeming the most shocked by his words.

Mathieu, half tired of the restlessness that had build inside of him for keeping it under wraps for so long and half inspired to act in defense of his friend, spoke slowly... but surely, revealing the secret that had been plaguing him and his companions for what felt like an eternity.

"Way before the lights were out, when we were sitting with Selen-san and Kazuko-san..." His eyes seemed to loose their usual spunky flair, and were a bit empty now, though they were entirely invisible to the rest of the room.

"Ichiro-kun, Kasui-kun and I... we went upstairs... and it was there..."

Mathieu was not shocked when he felt his beloved scoot away from him, her hands running through her hair as she tried to grasp the situation -- nor was he surprised when he felt the scowling glare of his friend burning into him like a lit cigarette pressed firmly against his skin. Regardless, he continued, figuring that one way or another, the others would become aware of the body eventually.

"That... is what Kasui-kun was showing Tsubaki-san. She didn't believe him when he told her..."

"What are you saying?" Kazuko took initiative and broke the silence amongst the others. "Who... could it possibly have been?"

"... We have no idea."

The men with solid alibis -- Roku, Gill, and Yue -- were sent upstairs with the directions both Mathieu and Ichiro had given them... and once they returned, all with spooked looks in their eyes, the second -- well, first -- body was confirmed.

"In light of this new information," Kazuko spoke once more, taking Kasui's place in the center of the den. "Our prime suspects are Mathieu-san, Kasui-san, and Ichiro-san."

Mathieu's eyes widened immediately, and he stood, overtly confused. "H-H-Hey, wait a second, how did we become suspects?!"

"Why did you hide the first body from all of us?" Karen, too, felt the need to play detective, and stood beside Kazuko, who appeared to be deep in thought. "You can't possibly not have us think that suspicious!"

"Now now, everyone, suspecting Mathi-kun, Kasui-nii and I is just foolish," With a small frown, the blue-haired male spoke smoothly, his arms crossed. "We were downstairs with Selen-san and even you, Kazuko-san, until we found the body. We have alibis."

"But who's to say the murder didn't happen after you went upstairs? Nobody saw the body but you three until now." Kazuko snapped back quickly, unphased by his cool head.

"If we had killed someone, why the hell would I have gone and shown BatsuBatsu over here korrrra?" Kasui, too, tried to remain levelheaded, though his anger levels were beginning to boil dangerously high.

"Geez, the way you and Tsubaki-san argue all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if you were trying to set her up." Karen couldn't help but to smirk a bit, entertained by male's irked reaction.

In the background, coughing could be heard, and, just barely, the sickly Yue brought up a very valuable point. "Sh... Shouldn't we try to figure out who the first body belongs to before we try and find the suspect...? I... It makes more sense that way, d-doesn't it?"

"Well, everybody's here." Kasui ran his hair back a bit and scowled. "Everybody who came on our boat... minus Selen-san... is here, korrra."

"Aline-san, Moritake-san, Deon-kun... they all left, right...?" Karen's voice was a bit less venomous than earlier as she tried to think back to earlier in the day.

Hachi, who had been quietly hiding behind her blue-haired friend, immediately perked up, frowning strongly. "Y-Yes, I waved all of them off when they left the island!"

Again, the room went silent. The air suddenly grew heavy with anxiety, the fact that the first body had no clear identity possibilities making it all the more eerie and unsettling... Scoffing, Kasui stood, his eyes closed momentarily, as if he were torn about his next statement...

"If ya ask me," He paused, his voice just a bit quieter than usual, his eyes flickering open, though remaining only halflidded. "The chances that Ichiro killed Selen-san are pretty high."

Mathieu immediately shot up from where he stood, his blank, fearful look hardening into one of anger. His fists balled up, and he glared in Kasui's direction. "Kasui, what are you saying!?! Ichiro is our friend, and he has an alibi!!!"

"No, it's alright," Ichiro spoke with a soft smile, waving his hands in front of him. "I've got nothing to hide. Kasui-nii, why do you think that?"

"He's got an alibi fer the first body," Kasui had expected such an outburst, and thus was able to remain calm. "But fer the second, he's the only one without a clear location, korrrra."

Mathieu only seemed further exasperated by this. "Ganari-san, Ichiro-kun and I all went to go try and turn the lights back on!! It could have been Ganari-san -- hell, it could've been ME!"

From behind, he felt a small, hard kick come from the blue-haired girl, who seemed to regain herself a bit, but still held fear within her eyes. "Don't say things like that, stupid!! Y-You were with me!!"

"Ya said you all split up, didn't ya? Ichiro, who turned the lights back on, you or Ganari-san?"

Ichiro paused, glancing down for a moment, then shrugging a bit, smiling again. "It... It was Ganari-san."

Ganari, who looked very serious, an expression not well suited for him, nodded. "The power box is on the third floor -- I can show ya where it is if ya'd like."

"The only one that leaves is Ichiro..." Kazuko glanced over at Kasui, slightly surprised that a brute such as himself was capable of such deductive reasoning, but it was definitely a clear possibility.

Mathieu shook his head, doing everything he could to hold back the urge to smack some sense into both of his good friends. "I... It's not fair!! You can't just lop him on as the murderer without any proof!!! He doesn't even have a motive, Kasui!!"

"Kasui-baka, you're nothing but a huge bully!!" Hachi chimed out, stepping in front of her friend and putting her arms up, almost as if she were shielding him. "Y-You're the murderer, aren't you!? Stop trying to frame Ichiro-kun!!!"

"Hush, brat." His words were a bit sour, and his eyes hardened. "Motive? Proof? Leave that poopie to the police korrrrrra. I don't know about you guys, but my biggest concern is makin' sure we don't find anymore bodies 'roud here 'till the storm clears up."

"Kasui-san's got a good point -- Ichiro-san is definitely the most suspicious of us all. Ichiro-san, I think it's best if we keep you locked up for a while -- of course, you'll be questioned during this time frame. Any objections?" Kazuko spoke firmly, feeling a sense of power rush through her as she did so, causing her vocabulary choices to grow just a bit larger than usual.

Ichiro did nothing but shake his head a bit and laugh in response, stepping forward. "None at all. I didn't kill anybody, I have nothing to hide -- so please, do what makes you all feel most comfortable."

"I-I-Ichiro-kun--" Hachi's voice was overruled by the sudden chattering that rose up from the rest of the den's inhabitants, and with wide eyes, she watched as Kasui grabbed onto her old friend's arm roughly, leading him off to who knew where, treating him like a common criminal...

She couldn't help but to feel heartbroken upon seeing the sight.

She knew he wasn't the murderer, he would never...!

As the bodies began dispersing from the crowded den, Hachi headed in the opposite direction, in fear of starting a scene amongst those who thought so negatively of Ichiro...

Meanwhile, a small group sat by one of the large windows near the front door, where they had propped it open only slightly, to relieve themselves of the tense, stuffy air that filled the mansion home.

"Waaaa, Hayari-chan, isn't it exciting~? It's like we're in a real mystery novel~! Oh, I wonder who's going to go next, the suspense, it's killing me!" The quirky PC announced vibrantly from behind the mannequin as she twisted and brushed out the large amount of pink atop her head. Hayari only smiled, blinking a few times. "What's a mystery nano da...? But it is fun, uu! Why is everyone so down nano da?" Roku, who sat directly across from the femme, shook his head a bit, wishing that he could be as cheerful as she was in such a dire situation...

Like a lost puppy, the younger blonde of the Yuzune siblings clung to and followed his aniki figure, his eyes blank, his body shaking. "W... We're going to die, aniki... The murderer, they'll get us... Even if it is Ichiro! We're going to die..." Jun had never been a strong willed male, and thus, the stress of even the mere idea of being amongst dead bodies and a murderer immediately caused a paralyzing amount of fear to reside within him. The green-haired male seemed equally down, more so because his dearest tsundere had refused to talk to him ever since his little confession... However, he was also deeply upset by Kasui's little accusation show. To accuse Ichiro, of all people... Mathieu had felt a bit guilty for feeling a bit suspicious of him while they were moving the body -- it was hard for him to grasp how he was able to keep such a straight face around a corpse in that condition unless he himself had beaten it that way... And even then, in his heart, Mathieu still felt a hint of suspicion lurking, but he didn't want to admit it -- Ichiro... was one of his best friends, and friends... they didn't turn against each other like that, they just didn't! Mathieu's heart sank once more, however, at a realization --

Once Ichiro was proven innocent... would Kasui try to pin the blame on him next?

Again, his fists tightened.

On the floor not too far away from the others, the youngest of the group were playing some sort of card game -- by the looks of it, one that had been made up on the spot. "Ah ah ah, Iiki, you can't do that, it's against the rules!" With a sly smile, the purple haired boy picked up the mess of cards on the ground and wiped at his nose a bit. "That's one hundred points for me~"

"A-Ah, Sho-kun, that's not fair!!" The darker toned girl's eyes screwed shut and she let out a bit of a cry, immediately feeling discouraged. "Everything I do is against the rules...!"

Karen, who had been standing on her own for a while, spotted the bullying from the purple-haired boy and frowned a bit -- while she had found both children irritating, she found Iiki just a bit more bearable -- that, and watching her be played so easily by the ninja wannabe brat was truly a heartbreaking sight. Thus, she took a few steps forward, then plopped herself next to the younger girl who was nearly in tears due to her frustration.

"Alright Sho-chan, you wanna play rough?" She grinned a bit, snatching his cards and adding them back to the deck, shuffling them up a bit. "Take both of us on then -- I'm sure it'll be no problem for someone as good at this game as you are!"

Shoichiro couldn't help but to return her smirk. "You're on, old lady!"

From behind, Kazuko couldn't help but to feed her motherly habits a bit. "Come on kids, play nice..." Releasing a bit of a sigh, she shook her head -- it wasn't as if they'd listen anyway. Children had a tendency to revolt against any sort of authority figure, regardless of their intentions... Kazuko watched only momentarily as Karen sat down with the kids, slightly amused -- while she was constantly ranting and raving about how irritating and disrespectful they both were, seeing her like that made the maternal femme believe that she was really... just like them. But again, she shook her head, her gaze returning outside, where the storm only continued to rave and rampage. It was a shame, really -- the rose garden had immediately caught her eye upon arriving, and then, she had decided that she would be spending a majority of her stay there -- however, as the rain tore at the delicate petals of the flora and the wind ripped the buds right off of their stems and threw them all across the island, she knew it simply would not be happening. It was all very... reminiscent for her -- the entire mansion was, for that matter, but the garden in particular... The stone paths leading up to the grand estate, the detailed, ornate wrought iron fences that lined the entire surrounding area, the gray skies looming over the garden's see of reds and pink, the deep, surrounding forest that was laced with both beauty and mystery... It reminded her of a time that was far more comforting...

"Questioning... doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere..."

From down the hallway, the footsteps of the two best friends of the Poploid troupe could be heard as they closed and locked the door to one of the guest rooms upstairs. Initially, the idea of Kasui being one to do the questioning had been vetoed, but after the mass of people had realized that there was really no one better to play the "bad cop" role, all qualms with it had been dropped. His opposite, Shun, was, naturally, to play the "good cop" -- a role that fit him all too well. While Kasui had ranted and raved with his usual loud, abrasive tone, Shun did his best to coax information out of the Makune with gentle, sweet prodding. However, it appeared that neither approach would be working on the male any time soon, as he continuously denied having anything to do with the peach-haired woman's death, making Shun wonder momentarily if Kasui's logic was off.

"We just gotta wait around I guess, korrrra. If nobody else dies, he's the murderer." Shun shrugged, releasing a small sigh at his best friend's hardheadedness, but figuring that a rough plan was better than no plan.

Just as the two had stepped back onto the first floor, they were approached by the male they were only able to recognize due to his friendship with the girls of their group -- Uchiiori Yamato. He had been entirely quiet almost the entire time he had been present... he had also been one of the few who had been upstairs, alone, without an alibi... Both Kasui and Shun were aware that he, too, was one of the most suspicious, but the likeliness that it was Ichiro seemed so much... higher. At least, to Kasui it did -- and thus, until Ichiro was proven innocent, Kasui didn't see him as anything more but a stranger.

"Kamene-san, Gill-kun asked me to come and get you -- he requests your assistance in the kitchen." His speech was soft and very polite, and he smiled blandly -- it threw Kasui off a bit. His speech pattern felt a... bit out of their time frame, as if he were living a hundred years in the past. Regardless, his head tilt to the side a bit -- it wasn't as if he and the blue-haired JP loid had ever gotten along, why would he have been wanting his help? Shun, however, seemed a lot more enthusiastic about this, immediately catching the reasoning.

"Oh, so are we working on the dinner preparations? How can I help?" His smile was genial, as it generally was, and the Japanese male eyed him with a bit of pleasant shock in his eyes -- he was so much more polite than his companion was! "Mmm, Gill-kun is gathering the chefs in the kitchen -- maybe you could start setting tables for us all, Yuzune-san?"

Mimicking a certain mannequin, the male brought his right hand into a salute. "Got it!" Watching his friend trail off after the polite Japanese male, all while muttering some chain of curses under his breath, Shun scurried over to where his younger brother, along with the frenchman, who had been eying Kasui out of the corner of his eye, sat with a very heavy aura of tension around them. "Mathieu-san, Gill-san and Kasui-kun are making dinner, and they want your help..."

Mathieu's response was slow, but after a moment, his head jerked into a nod, and momentarily, he glanced at the younger Yuzune boy, who was latched onto his arm. The message, however, didn't seem relayed to Jun, and his grasp on his aniki figure held strong. Smiling weakly, Shun couldn't help but to feel only slightly discouraged -- his brother, being the weakwilled boy he had always been, was taking the stress of the situation horribly -- and really, there wasn't much that he could do to help him. Jun's trust in Kasui's deductive reasoning was virtually nonexistent, and so the paranoia would only continue to consume him... As the green-haired man stood, Jun's hands moved from one arm to the other, and Shun nodded, leading the way to the others, where he would be recruiting more help in the dining room's preparations.

Upon stepping into the kitchen, Mathieu's heart had withheld a sinking feeling -- he felt both hurt and betrayed by Kasui, concerned for Ichiro, and surely, the shock, repulsion, and fear that had been instilled within him after the discovery of both bodies was surely, in a manner similar to his Otouto, eating away at his ability to stay strong...

"FUCK YOU YA LITTLE BRAT, GIVE IT HERE, YA DON'T KNOW poopie ABOUT WHAT YER DOIN' KORRRRRA!"
    "Really? I'm sure I'm a lot more capable of reading a cook book than a brutish high school dropout~"

The sight of his friend struggling to snatch a large book from the much smaller hands of the princess wannabe caused the french chef to pause in his tracks for a moment. And, for a moment, a little bit of anxiety was alleviated from his shoulders -- it felt so... normal, especially in comparison to the events of the last few hours, and... it was comforting. A very lost looking Gill stood beside the two, entirely unsure of how to handle the situation, and quickly, his cyan eyes jumped onto the green-haired male's personage, pleading for help as indifferently as he could manage. Taking a few steps forward, Mathieu smiled nervously, waving his hands in front of his chest. "T-Tsubaki-san, Kasui-kun is a great chef, maybe you should just let him--"

Immediately, an accusing finger was pointed in the male's face. "You, of all people, have the GALL to take Kasui-baka's side instead of mine!?! Just how stupid are you!?" Now in possession of the book, she pressed it firmly against her chest, her eyebrows furrowed as she prepared to further state her disgust with the green-haired boy, when, from above, a hand pinched at the hard covers of the little manual and pulled it right past the femme's arms. "T-Tsubaki-san, why don't you come over here and help me with the meat? We can leave Kamene-san and Rosaire-san to the rice and side dishes." Handing the book over to the manlier of the two, Kasui's eyebrow quirked immediately -- did that idiot really think that that was going to wo--

"Hmm... Okay, Gill-sama!" Grabbing onto the blue-haired male's arm, the girl was led toward the kitchen's large stove, leaving both Kasui and Mathieu with stumped expressions on their faces.

In a room not far from where the scents of cooking oils and spices were beginning to fill the air, many of Kinpa's inhabitants were rushing side by side, gathering all of the things necessary for a pleasant meal. Preparing for nineteen people was certainly no easy task, and thus, Shun, in good faith and belief in her maternal, adult ways, hired Kazuko along in his little expedition to set the table. She was honored to have been included and thought so highly of, but trying to order around so many people at once, all during one of the most chaotic nights she had surely lived to see was like trying to maintain a zoo without cages...

"S-Shoichiro-san, you're going to break it, please stop!! ... Hayari-san, that isn't what that's used for... Ganari-san, stop eating that, dinner's going to be ready any minute now!! Oh Shun-san, what did you rope me into..."

Amongst the chaos of flying dishes, loud chattering, and paranoid stares every now and again to ensure that everybody was doing what they sure supposed to be doing where they were supposed to be, the most cheerful of the Japanese bunch stood with his typical light smile next to his pink-haired friend. However, when she had run off to assist the Yuzune boys with something, the man was quickly left on his own without much to do...

Spotting this bout of unproductivity, Kazuko approached him immediately, appearing polite, but firm. "Yoshiki-san, could you go find a tablecloth for us to set the table with? There may be one in one of the linen closets upstairs."

Kinpa's kitchen, laced with the rich aromas of herbs and the rising scent of the meats' fats and liquids creating a warm, comforting scent that matched it's bustling activity rather nicely. Quickly, the three chefs worked hand in hand to finish a filling, albeit simple meal for nineteen, and once things were ready to go, Gill gave a quick nod to all three of his assitants. "Okay, Tsubaki-san, Kamene-san, you guys take the garlic bread, okay?" Hand a few baskets off to the both of them, he watched as they almost immediately began bickering as soon as their backs were turned. "Rosaire-san, you can take the vegetables." The green-haired male had nodded without a word, quickly running off after the two ahead of him in hopes to stop them from clawing each other's eyes out before the food made it to the table.

Gill had placed himself in charge of the main dish, and, with a few pinches of last minute spices, the male removed the large pan from the heat, twisted the stove's handle and cutting off the flame, then proceeded to mix the meal around a bit with his chopsticks. Gill... had always been a man of little emotion, appearing indifferent to almost everything and anything that occurred around him -- and thus, he appeared to be the least traumatized. However, like all of the others, he wanted both the horrid night and the unbearable storm to be over... Glancing up, his eyes drifted towards the sky, where the approaching clouds were only growing darker and darker than before... In combination with the approaching darkness of the nighttime, Gill had no doubt in his mind that the storm likely wouldn't be passing until late the next morning. The pessimist inside him could only wonder how many more lives would be sacrificed before then...

For a moment, the blue-haired man stood entirely still, his eyes catching a glimpse of a large object falling into the courtyard directly within his view. It had fallen so quickly, so sporadically, that at first, his eyes could not register it as anything other than a periwinkle blue blur.

However... it only took a few moments longer to make sense of what he had seen...

And upon realizing it, he immediately shot backwards, the pan of fried rice falling directly to the floor with a loud crash that chorused alongside his failed attempt to supress a scream.

While some were a bit more reluctant to find the cause of the shriek, knowing inevitably what it would lead up to, many others rushed to the scene, standing besides the now shaking chef amongst the mess of his meal splattered across the floor in ruins.

Tsubaki, pushing her way past all of the others, latched onto Gill's arm once more, glancing at him with concerned eyes. "Gill-sama, what's--"

Upon catching sight of the horrible display, she gasped, unable to finish her sentence -- and in that moment, she saw it... they all saw it.

Amongst the rain, amongst the wind that carried the torn rose petals and buds throughout Kinpa's estate, a body, held up with a fence post severing through it's neck and chin, twitched violently, the blood already dripping into a puddle beneath where it was propped. The audience before it could do nothing but watch as the body inevitably began to shut down, each limb, each part of his body shaking...

"I... Ichiro!!!" The frenchman had been able to recognize his friend's body immediately, and without even a second thought, he turned to run and remove him from where he hung, the yakuza male not too far behind him.

Slowly, however, the body's movements came to a stop... and then, a sickening thumping sound became audible.

Unable to support the dangling weight of the rest of his body any longer, the skin, muscle and bone of his neck gave out, causing the rest of his body to fall a good ten feet to the ground.

As unladylike and foul it was, the woman simply could not handle it any longer -- immediately, Kazuko fell to her knees, unable to keep in the sickness rising from her stomach any longer.

Smiling cluelessly, the cheesecake loving JPloid stepped into the kitchen, a large, maroon sheet held within his gloved hands. "Eh...? What did I miss...?"
    scarfu
    scarfu

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:20 am

Alright, so because a lot of people have been bothering me about who the murderer is, I decided that I'll release a little spoiler. ONLY click this if you want the entire mystery ruined for you, you impatients. >:I

Spoiler:
    death from stupefaction || UTAU Murder Mystery/Gorefest '10  |D Murderersan

IT'S MURDERER-SANNNNN! DESU YO |D

ISN'T SHE/HE TOTALLY KAWAII MOE D54U YO?!

Y'all are silly if y'all thought I was bein' srs. |D
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

UTAU Information
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:43 am

Ichirooooooo ;___;

fffff this is still ridiculously fab ;w; But now that spoiler is taunting me AUGHH ;___;
    scarfu
    scarfu

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:46 am

Thank you Chasuuuu ;A; I ADDED YOU ON MSN BTW BUT YOU NEVER GET ON 4 Y. ;A;

But no srsly, does nobody have any theories but Aline? oxo She's like the ONLY one who tells me anything... XD
    Aline
    Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Post by Aline on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:21 am

It's because nobody has the same thrilling sensation I have when I see a mystery in the air.

And fufufu, the list of suspects for first body diminished to only three~
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

UTAU Information

Post by Chasing Fireflies on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Y-You did? I thought you added me earlier, but then you didn't show up on the list and I was all confused. o.o;; I think it's fixed now though? I'm reaaaally bad about getting on messengers and stuff but I WILL DO MY BEST~
    Haji_Kyone
    Haji_Kyone

Notes : 770

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Haji_Kyone on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:37 am

Such awesome ~! ;w;
    Sugarsheba
    Sugarsheba

Notes : 515

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Sheba-Loids
    Blog/Website: http://kyokorozene.webs.com

Post by Sugarsheba on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:41 pm

I love your work! You could be an author one day.
    Anyways, I want more, the suspense is killing me!
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Is there a possibility of other UTAUloids making an appearance as guards, watchers, more guests, etc. throughout the story? o3o That'd throw a neat twist in the list of suspects.
    That spoiler... well, based off of the story and the spoiler (and I still have no real idea) I'd have to say this is an Umineko clause. lol.
    scarfu
    scarfu

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Hmm...

Well at this point it's really kind of difficult to add like, more characters to the story, because for this mystery, I'm following the Decalogue of Knox, which are kind of like the rules for a true mystery?

Umineko fans who have read EP5 will totally know what I'm talking about. XDDD

And so it's kind of against the rules to bring characters into the story that we aren't all duly prepared for...

I'm thinking I might drop this mindset though, because there appears to be a lot of characters who want to be involved that I didn't get to add...

It's hard, because as a mystery writer, I really want to be able to write a mystery with these rules, but at the same time I want to include everyone... =w=;;

I wasn't planning on doing it originally, but maybe I could take an Umineko/Higurashi approach and have the timewarp/kakera theme?

So torn, what do I do... ;x;

EDIT: @Sugar: I am SO sorry I didn't see your post until now. XD;;

And thank you so much! ;A; It's really encouraging to hear that! ;w;

I want to write mystery series' later in my life (preferably in the visual novel format, but who knows how it'll turn out =w=), so I'm glad to see I'm doing well. =w=

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:06 pm