Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works!

Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works! - Page 3 Empty Re: Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works!

Post by Chasing Fireflies on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:00 pm

@numbarr3
    I like her color scheme, it's really unique. owo

EDIT: fffff WOW forgot the rest of the post. XD;; Her voice sounds kind of muffled, and the timing is off in both those videos. What kind of mic do you have?

@Ilia
    Hmm... The timing seems off (it's a little slow) and the consonants could be clearer, but RAI sounds verrrry very cute~ <3 It'll be great once you fix the timing and maybe adjust the envelope so the consonants are louder.

Also, I was screaming into my mic today and this happened. (ffff, sorry, 5-minute otos ftl) I actually really like how his/her voice turned out. ^__^ The "sa" has a lisp, I dunno how that happened, but I think it sounds kinda cute. And the "su" bothers me, I'm not quite sure whether it's the oto or the recording itself but it starts out really loud. o.o
    My main question is... do you think this sounds like a shota or a girl? For design purposes. ^__^;;

Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works! - Page 3 Empty Re: Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works!

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Chasing Fireflies wrote:

@Ilia
    Hmm... The timing seems off (it's a little slow) and the consonants could be clearer, but RAI sounds verrrry very cute~ <3 It'll be great once you fix the timing and maybe adjust the envelope so the consonants are louder.

Also, I was screaming into my mic today and this happened. (ffff, sorry, 5-minute otos ftl) I actually really like how his/her voice turned out. ^__^ The "sa" has a lisp, I dunno how that happened, but I think it sounds kinda cute. And the "su" bothers me, I'm not quite sure whether it's the oto or the recording itself but it starts out really loud. o.o
    My main question is... do you think this sounds like a shota or a girl? For design purposes. ^__^;;

Mm, the timing giving me issues as the midi was stuck on 5000...which was way too fastttt and so I had to time it by ear. some individual part are also a little off but it's still w.i.p. Can you understand fairly well, or is that tied in with the consonant issue?

I want to hear your sample..but I keep being taken to a page with no scroll bars and a link to 'make my baby' which seems to be some kind of annoying 'what will ur future child look like' app, so i can't get to it : <

It finally got me to a different add with a link through.
    It could be either a mature female or a shota... It amuses me how that line blurs with sound ^^. Both would fit. I hear what you mean about the su, I'm not sure what it could be though : <
    mintie
    mintie

Notes : 768

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MSloids
    Blog/Website: http://msloids.blogspot.com/

Post by mintie on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:39 pm

I would like some critique on Kirin Smile

Design for act1
    Spoiler:
    Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works! - Page 3 Kirisame_Kirin___Official_Art_by_MintSage
    don't mind the fail Razz on paper it's way better xD

Voice sample. Cell's Stellar Theater
    I'd really appreciate if you can tell me how her Japanese pronunciation sounds... And if you can, tell me what accent she has :'D ((I can't exactly hear these, since it's my voice... orz))
    Keine
    Keine

Notes : 65

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Ohiru Hizakari
    Blog/Website: http://twitter.com/Ohiru_Hizakari
    Status: Act 1 is now released. Act 2 in the works. No Concept art is available.

Post by Keine on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:10 am

mintie wrote:I would like some critique on Kirin Smile

Design for act1
    Spoiler:
    Critique Thread- Get peoples opinions on your works! - Page 3 Kirisame_Kirin___Official_Art_by_MintSage
    don't mind the fail Razz on paper it's way better xD

Voice sample. Cell's Stellar Theater
    I'd really appreciate if you can tell me how her Japanese pronunciation sounds... And if you can, tell me what accent she has :'D ((I can't exactly hear these, since it's my voice... orz))

She sounds pretty. I can't really know what kind of accent she has. Her design is really something. The horn and her name (its Kirisame Kirin right?) sorta reminds me of certain characters. Sounds solid although her S's are sorta hard on my ears. If this criticism isn't good, Sorry about it! Embarassed
    루키아(Rukia)
    루키아(Rukia)

Notes : 371

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hakuane Kiru(白鴉音キル)/Lorelei
    Blog/Website: http://utaurukia.blogspot.com/

Post by 루키아(Rukia) on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:34 pm

I made girl-voice VCV VB, and I would be happy if anyone can find what's strange in her accents *v*

......I hardly made it but I think the pronounce is not good as japanese's. Well, That's true because I'm not japanese. I'm soooo tired to record and edit it. TT But It needs re-recording, really....OMG
    I think pronouce is hard.....TT

so, do you guys think I have to re-record her overall? some of my friends said her pronounce is like tongue-tied...compared to japanese's/
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

Notes : 765

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by xMienaiTsubasa on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:16 pm

@Rukia

Ahhh, her voice is really nice. I think the pronunciation/accent is cute, and you don't need to record it. If you're not satisfied though, why don't you just rerecord a few of the samples instead of all of them?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:33 am