Mega-noob in need of advice

Kichokicho
    Kichokicho

Notes : 5

Mega-noob in need of advice Empty Mega-noob in need of advice

Post by Kichokicho on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Hello, I recently learned of the existence of the Utauloids and am in need of advice. with almost no computer knowledge above basic and no understanding of Kanji, how likely do you suspect it that I will be able to get into Utau? I see plenty of Vocaloid things and such online, and I would love to make them, I am just unsure if i can without failing. what do you think?

plus is there a non kanji version, i am guessing not since so many people are using it in english but it never hurts to ask.
    TFOTR
    TFOTR

Notes : 684

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website: http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/Saru_Ryone
    Status: Act 1 CV Voicebank ver. 1.6 Act 2 VCV to start soon :)

Mega-noob in need of advice Empty Re: Mega-noob in need of advice

Post by TFOTR on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Well, Their IS an english patch for UTAU, but then you would only be able to use UTAUs encoded in Romaji or with romaji aliases. The same goes for USTs, which are what you make the UTAU sing to. If it's and UST or UTAU encoded in Kana, they will only be able to sing Hirigana USTs, and I'm not too sure about Hirigana working in english UTAU. But, there is the option of just changing the UST to Romaji or giving Romaji aliases to the bank encoded in Kana. I think that you can get the hang of the program by fiddling with it though. Figuring out what stuff does. That's how I kinda figured out how to use it at first. (Though I haven't figured out EVERYTHING yet.) Is there something specific that you want to know about?
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3535

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:00 pm

One main tip I would give to you;
    Make sure you have East Asian Languages installed, and Japanese Keyboard support/Locale switched ON.
    Otherwise you will encounter more errors than usual, and you will not be able to use... well, a lot of things. Mostly Voice Banks and USTs.
    Any Hiragana/kana USTs that were made by a japanese person will simply not work for you, although ones made on an English computer will come up with fixable gibberish.
    You won't be able to use Teto, Hiyori, Ritsu, Ruko, Tei, in fact, most popular UTAU.
    Their banks are in kana. |:

These are the main points as to why you should switch to Japanese Locale.
    Don't worry, the only thing it will change is \ will occasionally turn into a yen sign, and the apple updater will be in Japanese.

^^'' Uh, Welcome to the fandom, by the way. Some things will come off as obscure at first, but hopefully you will get used to it all.

/really needs to upload FAQ soon

UTAU is less computer knowledge, more Musical knowledge.
    c: It's pretty straight forward, and it becomes familiar after you work out the basic functions, and file types... what buttons do XD

I personally use Japanese UTAU, but some people have been using an English patch. Using this patch doesn't do anything to the USTs, or Voice banks. You still need Japanese locale.
    All it does is Translate main menus. ^^

Uh... Well, you'll either start and love UTAU, or it wont work very well for you and you'll give it up...
    So I'd say about 50/50 chance you'll stay interested. Depends on whether you pick up things fast, and whether you like the music, and if your compy can handle it. c:
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:39 pm

YESSS East Asian Languages will make your life (at least the part of your life that's related to UTAU) so much easier. <3

If you love music, then UTAU might definitely be your thing. ^__^ It's different from other fandoms in that there's no canon, but that gives you the freedom to make up whatever you want. There's a bit of a learning curve but there are also a lot of friendly people around to help. The best way to figure out whether it's for you is to just give it a try. ^__^
    TFOTR
    TFOTR

Notes : 684

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website: http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/Saru_Ryone
    Status: Act 1 CV Voicebank ver. 1.6 Act 2 VCV to start soon :)

Post by TFOTR on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:21 pm

Haloheroine wrote:One main tip I would give to you;
    Make sure you have East Asian Languages installed, and Japanese Keyboard support/Locale switched ON.
    Otherwise you will encounter more errors than usual, and you will not be able to use... well, a lot of things. Mostly Voice Banks and USTs.
    Any Hiragana/kana USTs that were made by a japanese person will simply not work for you, although ones made on an English computer will come up with fixable gibberish.
    You won't be able to use Teto, Hiyori, Ritsu, Ruko, Tei, in fact, most popular UTAU.
    Their banks are in kana. |:

These are the main points as to why you should switch to Japanese Locale.
    Don't worry, the only thing it will change is \ will occasionally turn into a yen sign, and the apple updater will be in Japanese.

^^'' Uh, Welcome to the fandom, by the way. Some things will come off as obscure at first, but hopefully you will get used to it all.

/really needs to upload FAQ soon

UTAU is less computer knowledge, more Musical knowledge.
    c: It's pretty straight forward, and it becomes familiar after you work out the basic functions, and file types... what buttons do XD

I personally use Japanese UTAU, but some people have been using an English patch. Using this patch doesn't do anything to the USTs, or Voice banks. You still need Japanese locale.
    All it does is Translate main menus. ^^

Uh... Well, you'll either start and love UTAU, or it wont work very well for you and you'll give it up...
    So I'd say about 50/50 chance you'll stay interested. Depends on whether you pick up things fast, and whether you like the music, and if your compy can handle it. c:

I find that kinda wierd because, I have japanese locale set on one computer, however, I still get gibberish for USTs, I'm not sure if the VCV butter-fly UST was made on a japanese computer, but most USTs work fine despite the gibberish, and Voicebanks in Kana work fine. The notes just don't show up unless I click inside the note to change it or something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:46 am