Solipsism

    Share

    Zeny

    Posts : 547
    Notes : 1239
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-02-13
    Age : 26
    Location : New York City

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Zeny
    Blog/Website: http://zenywolf.deviantart.com
    Status: Act I

    Solipsism

    Post by Zeny on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:54 pm

    http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4112/philosphy.jpg

    Your mind is now blown.

    Aline

    Posts : 862
    Notes : 2582
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2010-01-14
    Age : 29
    Location : Rio de Janeiro

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM
    Status: V1 Complete, V2 awaiting

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by Aline on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:08 pm

    So, it means that we're all in a big suicidal selfcestical existence? Whoa. Cool.

    And Zeny, it'd be awesome if I really were you XD You're amazing for posting this kind of stuff that makes people think <3

    fukokun

    Posts : 373
    Notes : 1339
    Reputation : 30
    Join date : 2010-05-13
    Age : 20
    Location : USA

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project ZOMBIE, as well as a couple other solo UTAUloids.
    Blog/Website: None, currently
    Status: Recording Triphones

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by fukokun on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:10 pm

    W-whoa.

    I think I just read the meaning of life there....

    That was just...wow.
    My mind just exploded with shear fear and understanding.

    Zeny

    Posts : 547
    Notes : 1239
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-02-13
    Age : 26
    Location : New York City

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Zeny
    Blog/Website: http://zenywolf.deviantart.com
    Status: Act I

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by Zeny on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:41 pm

    Aline wrote:So, it means that we're all in a big suicidal selfcestical existence? Whoa. Cool.

    And Zeny, it'd be awesome if I really were you XD You're amazing for posting this kind of stuff that makes people think <3

    Thanks.

    That school of thought is Solipsism, the belief that only your your mind exists and therefore yours is the only valid one. In other words, everyone is part of you.

    It's an old school of thought.

    Lenexia

    Posts : 352
    Notes : 854
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2010-01-23
    Age : 22
    Location : ON CANDY MOUNTAAAAAIN

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Tuwai Raitone / Mia Kakune / Dio Kongosekine
    Blog/Website:
    Status: All three released.

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by Lenexia on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 am

    That is pretty interesting... o3o

    Meansthat"you"havemarriedyourself?

    Zeny

    Posts : 547
    Notes : 1239
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-02-13
    Age : 26
    Location : New York City

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Zeny
    Blog/Website: http://zenywolf.deviantart.com
    Status: Act I

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by Zeny on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:37 pm

    Lenexia wrote:That is pretty interesting... o3o

    Meansthat"you"havemarriedyourself?

    Yes.

    Fumfum

    Posts : 262
    Notes : 498
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2010-02-08
    Age : 23
    Location : In een doos onder een brug

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Raiu Yagi
    Blog/Website: www.youtube.com/user/fullmetalfumfum
    Status: Hmm, I might redo Yagi's act 3...

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by Fumfum on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:41 pm

    Uhm. Nothing new for me actually xDD

    Nanashi_Zokune

    Posts : 998
    Notes : 2032
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-02
    Age : 29
    Location : Arlington,Texas

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by Nanashi_Zokune on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:20 pm

    but if my mind only exists and everyone are just parts of my own mind, then why can't i see through their eyes (literally)? or walk in their shoes(literally)? or reshape the reality with my imagination? my imagination far exceeds the limits of normal reality and existence.
    in fact you'd even wonder if i belong in this world or if i've moved into another i get so lost in it.
    *how i used to think when i was little*

    still it would be cool to change reality but i guess fears and emotions hold us back to keep reality in check DX

    but what is reality? *ominous*

    KanashiiNoNeko

    Posts : 633
    Notes : 1646
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2010-02-02
    Age : 105
    Location : Under my lil' shell C=

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Ameashi Kurako
    Blog/Website:
    Status: configuring triphones. forever. OTL

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by KanashiiNoNeko on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:03 pm

    You deserve your name

    Zeny

    Posts : 547
    Notes : 1239
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-02-13
    Age : 26
    Location : New York City

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Zeny
    Blog/Website: http://zenywolf.deviantart.com
    Status: Act I

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by Zeny on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:34 pm

    KanashiiNoNeko wrote:You deserve your name

    Wat.

    LupinAKAFlashTH2

    Posts : 1353
    Notes : 3737
    Reputation : 92
    Join date : 2010-01-18
    Age : 21
    Location : TEH PROGRAMMING ROOM D:

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:30 pm

    Zeny wrote:
    KanashiiNoNeko wrote:You deserve your name

    Wat.

    ...
    ...
    ...
    Wow I have no idea what just happened there.

    Anyway, this is... provoking. My mind. It is, yes, as you kids these days say, blown. *scholar mode* However, if, you meant that my mind, which is implying my brain, is blown, in which that is implying it has exploded, then the fact that I am still alive becomes impossible to prove correct, which then ends up becoming completely and utterly complicated to prove incorrect as well, seeing that I am still standing here, that , if the statements of what you have said in the first post are true, will cause me to die in a short time from now and, as you say reincarnate, which then I will have become another person, but still me.

    ^Nothing but rubbish. This seriously is thought provoking though.

    Nanashi_Zokune

    Posts : 998
    Notes : 2032
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-02
    Age : 29
    Location : Arlington,Texas

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by Nanashi_Zokune on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:24 pm

    we can't comprehend this cause our minds are limited(if death is an illusion how much of it is?). if you look at it there are many plains of reality.


    when someone looks at you how do you perceive them? how do they perceive you? do you exist by their eyes and do they exist by yours? people believe by seeing(but over the internet who's to say? this could be the matrix XD).
    we exist because of the major consensus we are seen and heard therefor we exist. it's vague but it works.

    but, what if you see something no one else sees? you believe it to be real but others don't because you saw it and they didn't. so who's to say what you saw existed in the first place, because you were the only one that saw it and have no way to prove it. this sort of happens all the time (ghosts, bigfoot ect. ect.) even more commonly among soldiers who can't compartmentalize and forget what they've seen.

    everything comes down to sight, sound and/or touch with people in general, among all the realities but, even then they can become stretched and skewed.
    there is no one reality because there are too many people on this earth.


    there are many many many many more or this is all just in my head. i don't think anyone here is from my mind 'cause that'd be just weird.

    *becomes a figment of someones imagination*

    Chasing Fireflies

    Posts : 1161
    Notes : 2912
    Reputation : 72
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 23

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by Chasing Fireflies on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:42 am

    Yay, philosophy~ =D

    @Nanashi
    Hmm... well, even if everything was just an extension of yourself/a figment of your imagination, if you could warp reality however you wanted, then how would you be able to grow and mature? Plus, being able to get anything you wanted with little to no effort seems like it would kind of suck the fun out of life. But... I wonder what would happen if, hypothetically, there wasn't any meaning to life, and everyone suddenly realized it, and that money and power and all these other things some people spend their lives chasing after are worthless. What would they do then?

    Nanashi_Zokune

    Posts : 998
    Notes : 2032
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-02
    Age : 29
    Location : Arlington,Texas

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by Nanashi_Zokune on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:22 am

    lol yay someone gets what i said XD

    i figured those out along time ago it was just question i constantly asked when i was a kid XD

    i love philosophy~ since i was kid i always observed people and watched tv (mostly anime) so i pretty much learned from that.

    makes me wonder how does everyone here perceive reality?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Solipsism

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:09 am


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:09 am