Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Couple questions from a beginner.

Shyranis
    Shyranis

Notes : 10

Couple questions from a beginner. Empty Couple questions from a beginner.

Post by Shyranis Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:00 pm

I operate in Romaji due to living in Canada.

What is the best way to make Utauloids (various ones I have downloaded) make "ai" (a and i, or pronounced ah and ee, can't make them sound right if I place them seperately), "tr" (as in trust or truth) "st" (for stop, or the end of trsut come to think of it) and "th". Thanks very much, Also how do you make sounds end with an "n" like if somebody were to sing "san".

I approciate it. Apologies for the confusion.

Hm... seems I put this in the wrong section upon closer inspection.
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

Notes : 765

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Couple questions from a beginner. Empty Re: Couple questions from a beginner.

Post by xMienaiTsubasa Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Uhmm okay. Using a basic Japanese voicebank, some of those sounds are difficult to do.

You can make 'ai' by using 'a' and 'i' and crossfading them. The 'i' should be shorter than the 'a' and at a slightly lower intensity, I think. This is the same for putting an 'n' at the end of syllables.

An UTAU can't make 'th' sounds unless they have those recordings in their voicebank, but you can replace them with 's' and 'z' sounds and they'll sometimes sound okay.

To make 'tr' and 'st' you'll need to use two syllables, (for example, tu and ru for tr), and cut off the vowel using the overlap and preutterance, and the envelope. I'm not sure exactly how you'd do this so I can't be more specific, sorry.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm