Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

I'm such a spazz...currently struggling with my UTAUloid.

M0NSTER
    M0NSTER

Notes : 1123

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Taiyo Raikone
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/Kelliapi1

I'm such a spazz...currently struggling with my UTAUloid. Empty I'm such a spazz...currently struggling with my UTAUloid.

Post by M0NSTER Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:22 pm

UTAU is probably the only program that works beautifully for me.

I mean, yes Audacity and Reaper work great for me too, but what I mean is, when I try to mix the vocals with the instrumentals.

Okay, here's an example:

This is MY Utauloid.

This is SOMEONE ELSE's UTAUloid.

Notice the difference in sound quality?

Nami sounds better because her voice is prominent with the instrumentals without making the instrumentals' volume go lower.

Taiyo's is pretty bad since the instrumentals are kind of dulled. Also, if you're wearing earphones/headphones (like I am,) you can see Nami's has more...idk how to put this, surround sound?

For lack of a better word, surround sound. This goes for other UTAUloids like Fuko Zonbi or Persephone Heartless.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I saw a tutorial on how to mix them on Reaper but Taiyo's voice always is soft.

Yes, I've amplified her voice too in both Reaper and Audacity, but if I Amplify it very high, it may clip and I don't want that.

I checked some voicebanks of other UTAUloids and when I put the file in Audacity, there's two tracks put together in one track. When I put my UTAUloid's voicebank file into Audacity, there's usually only one track.

What exactly am I doing wrong?
    Should I re-record her voicebank and edit it...or what?

What programs, what should I not do or do, etc.

I'm actually still new to UTAU, but I've figured out the UTAU program. I've just started a few months anyways.

And yes, Taiyo has an oto.ini file.
    vio.
    vio.

Notes : 2459

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: D:-Loids
    Blog/Website: http://dloids.blogspot.com/

I'm such a spazz...currently struggling with my UTAUloid. Empty Re: I'm such a spazz...currently struggling with my UTAUloid.

Post by vio. Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Well the tutorial for Reaper floating around the Tutorial Section is great.

Do not use Audashitty. :< I'd say stick with reaper.

I've never seen a Stereo sound sample before.. Hm. That might be it?

But you have to mess with Track Compressors on both the vocal and the Instrumental, as well as the Master. Equalize the instrumentals.. Add some sort of gverb or make a second render of the vocals either higher or lower and cut it out at appropriate points and apply a /nice/ Chorus effect and lower the chorus's dB level. Playing with dB levels is good too.

Here's an example of my mixing so you're not like; "Is this a n00b? -A-"
    http://twaud.io/lNv

I don't have stereo tracks on my UTAU. But I do try and make the vocals shift on one side when it hits choruses or there's two singers so there's less stress on the ears to pick out who's singing.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

I'm such a spazz...currently struggling with my UTAUloid. Empty Re: I'm such a spazz...currently struggling with my UTAUloid.

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:04 pm

UTAU condenses files you export into one because that's how they were supposed to be recorded in the first place. Stereo samples=bad in UTAU.

Also, chances are is that Nami uses REAPER's compression feature well. It changes volume of the vocals so they sound prominent in the instrumental.
    M0NSTER
    M0NSTER

Notes : 1123

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Taiyo Raikone
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/Kelliapi1

Post by M0NSTER Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:54 pm

-sweatdrops- Yes I am a noob...I tried using Reaper actually for the Electric Angel song up there, and the same thing happened.

I've tried compressing the two tracks in Audacity and it actually came out pretty okay.

I'll try re-doing that compression in Reaper since I may not have done it right...

Alright, thanks you guys Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:54 pm