Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
keitocchi
ninjamitsuki
xLei
Wolkabai
MariRoseTair
Uchi-chan
산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi)
Haloheroine
annamaeblythe
Crossfrown
Misha
Catarsis
Skye
17 posters

Question for the female 'male' voicers.

Wolkabai
    Wolkabai

Notes : 1284

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Seiya Kiyoshi
    Blog/Website: http:www.seiyakiyoshi.webs.com

Question for the female 'male' voicers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for the female 'male' voicers.

Post by Wolkabai Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:18 pm

annamaeblythe wrote:Guys-
    I'm Anna Mae Blythe, and I know I'm right about these things.
    I'm not telling people what to do, I'm stating facts.
    When you contort your voice into something else (especially via pitching), someone else can easily contort their voice to do that. Then there would be several UTAUs with voices that are painfully alike.
    Being painfully alike is redundant and annoying.

Therefore, it's dumb to not just use your natural voice, but making some modifications to make it easier on yourself and the program.

And I agree with Mari. My old chorus teacher would yell at boys who lowered their voice to mimic an opera singer because it WOULD damage their vocal chords.
    Oh...
    Erm, I will admit that there is no other UTAU that sounds like Sporker McSporkerson and Kichi Yasashii... BUT THEY SOUND LIKE CRAP. (Both are joke VBs of mine. Sporker was never finished nor released.)

I know what you mean but they way you state things sounds rather rude to me.. and I don't really think the fact of who you are is a valid argument.. no offense..

Question for the female 'male' voicers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for the female 'male' voicers.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:50 pm

^ This.

And they're more of opinions of yours, not straight facts. c':
    annamaeblythe
    annamaeblythe

Notes : 434

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: BLYTHE Anaka
    Blog/Website:

Post by annamaeblythe Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:01 pm

IchineLuna wrote:^ This.

And they're more of opinions of yours, not straight facts. c':

You really don't get it, do you?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:06 pm

And you do get what i'm trying to say?
    To stay on topic,
    natural voice. use it if at all possible. Like I said before, some people have really low voices naturally, and sometimes you have to work at it to get your voice naturally lower.
    Crossfrown
    Crossfrown

Notes : 994

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Crossfrown
    Blog/Website: http://crossfrown.blog126.fc2.com/

Post by Crossfrown Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm Anna Mae Blythe, and I know I'm right about these things.
    Question for the female 'male' voicers. - Page 2 I'mBatman
    k

A lot of female UTAU sound the same. Anaka sounds like a smoother version of a whole bunch of crappy UTAU I've seen. She also sounds like a crappy UTAU.
    MY ONLINE HANDLE IS CROSSFROWN AND I AM PROMINENT IN THE VOCALOID FANDOM SO THIS MEANS IT IS FACT.

Okay, let me give you an example of how female-voiced male UTAUs can work. I've recorded two versions; voice deepening and pitching.

Made by deepening my voice. You can CLEARLY hear my voice accent in here. It's breathy and thin. He still sounds very much like a male UTAU. My Ks and Ts are very hard, and the mic quality makes him sound bottled. If someone used the same tactic, there is no way it will sound exactly the same. His voice is fine with any sort of flag, and his voice is very powerful.

Made by pitching. Listen carefully. You can still hear my accent and thin voice, and keeping the pitching very moderate imitated the original voicebank. Since there is no effort to keep it low, his vowels are now very clear and smooth. He can now go lower without sounding silly, but can no longer handle the g+ flag.

I make UTAU for the characters, not the voice, so you rub me all kinds of wrong way.

If your voice is naturally high, it's going to sound awkward if you try to record going as deep as you possibly can, not to mention it being very straining. Try downloading a male voicebank with a high voice and listening very carefully to the enunciation and vocal pitch.
    xLei
    xLei

Notes : 2109

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

Post by xLei Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:42 am

Sadly, I like shota *shotstabbedkilled*

And just because you're Anna Mae Blythe doesn't mean much in my honest opinion. The only one who has the right to say what's fact and what's not wold be the UTAU creator Ameya himself but that's just me *fails*

I think it depends on the person really. I would lower my voice just slightly to get that man sound.
    ninjamitsuki
    ninjamitsuki

Notes : 25

Post by ninjamitsuki Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:47 pm

Are you basically asking how we do it?

Well, I voice a shota, (a shota that actually sounds like a boy and not a shota that sounds like a girl like in that Boku no Pico shit) but I do plan on making a non-shota male UTAU voice bank in the future (read: When I'm not lazy).

For the shota voice bank, it helps that my voice is already kind of boyish naturally, I just have to go a bit deeper.

For the non-shota, well... It ALSO helps that my voice is kind of boyish as is, I just have to go a lot deeper.
    Catarsis
    Catarsis

Notes : 1916

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Catarsis Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:01 pm

^ CATA APROVES THIS POST. A LOT.
    SPECIALLY BECAUSE OF THE COMPLAINT ABOUT BOKU NO PICO. 8'D

I'm thinking about making a male UTAUloid, but I don't have a clue about his personality and appareance, lol.
    But I'll make a REALLY, REALLY low voice. And don't say that I'll sound like an idiot because you didn't heard me doing that.
    keitocchi
    keitocchi

Notes : 309

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuuta Warune
    Blog/Website: http://waruneyuuta.blogspot.com/

Post by keitocchi Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:16 pm

...I... just used my normal voice for Yuuta. D| Does he sound like a dude? PERHAPS. BUT ONLY CUZ I SOUND LIKE A DUDE.

I don't mind gflagged/audacity pitched/whatever male UTAUloids, as long as they sound like guys. \o/ If they just sound like deepened girls, it's not really cool... xD
    Tsumanne
    Tsumanne

Notes : 1971

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: AU-loids
    Blog/Website: hideki782.deviantart.com

Post by Tsumanne Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:27 am

I definitely can't do a male voice. My voice is too high-pitched, so a male UTAU from me that isn't a voicebank derivative is out of the question.
    어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi)
    어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi)

Notes : 2094
    Location : No matter where you are... Everyone is always connected. - Lain

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project Infininate Nocturne
    Blog/Website: http://projectinifinatenocturne.webs.com/

Post by 어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi) Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:45 am

SADLY... I have a wide range voice ^^;; I can do from sephies to nanashi's >.> and a bit deeper than nanashi
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:04 am

I also have a wide range voice. To be honest, when recording Yuugi I'm practically using my own voice. I don't even lower it. I want him to sound shota, if I would lower my voice completely he would sound full-grown...

But then again I'm used to voice acting because of being in a theathre group since I was 11... So I learned it myself. Just like singing.

I don't really know about lowering your own voice in a program like Audacity. I think it ruins the quality of your voice. But if you want to do that it's entirely your own decision to make. Also, my point has been proved wrong with Deon, because he DOES sound good most of the time. To me, that is.
    Catarsis
    Catarsis

Notes : 1916

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Catarsis Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:55 am

keitocchi wrote:...I... just used my normal voice for Yuuta. D| Does he sound like a dude? PERHAPS. BUT ONLY CUZ I SOUND LIKE A DUDE.

I don't mind gflagged/audacity pitched/whatever male UTAUloids, as long as they sound like guys. \o/ If they just sound like deepened girls, it's not really cool... xD

I think he sounds like a teen C:
    Audacity-pitched and G-flagged UTAUloids are okay, but I don't like them too much because of the thing that Mae said: they aren't 100% "natural"
    Uchi-chan
    Uchi-chan

Notes : 670

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Nagare Zensoukyoku and KANDI
    Blog/Website:

Post by Uchi-chan Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:51 pm

But there ARE "homegrown 100% organic" male UTAUloids voiced by girls...WHO ACTUALLY SOUND MALE.

Give them some credit. Dx
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:12 am

Yes there are! I recently found one like that... Lemme search for him...

Found him!
    Spoiler:

No pitch change or whatsoever, just plain recording! Beautiful ne?

By the way, if you can't pull it of try recording while standing. It makes breathing easier. I record while standing too. It gives me a wider range. Also, recording with a softer voice (airy perhaps?) could give you a wider range.

And remember to drink a lot when you are voice acting! And, like lots of people already mentioned, whenever something in your body starts hurting you should stop. Not only your throat, but (for example) I feel really lightheaded when I sing too high.
    Crossfrown
    Crossfrown

UTAU Information

Post by Crossfrown Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:11 pm

I recorded for ten hours straight and didn't feel anything. That night my throat hurt unbelievably and it hurt to swallow.

I stopped doing so much as talking for four days, and I am now incapable of hitting high notes I could hit before.

This has nothing to do with making male UTAU, since I was recording Lavan's Act.2 (pitch-change version) and using my normal voice, but just a heads up that it'll happen faster if you strain your voice.
    Aline
    Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Post by Aline Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm not sure whether Deon is pitched through Audacity or not, but I think he isn't... Or at least Ona was trying not to, and drinking lots of water to sing.

I, for example, wouldn't be capable of that. Even though I have a large range, my voice is naturally high, and it'd be straining to me XD I tried, and still had to use pitch changes T_T

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm confused why they need to be 'natural'... because that's kinda backwards isn't it?

Why use Utau then? Why not just record your own voice singing? :/
    That'd be "100% natural" right? In fact that's the only way to go "100%" natural...

If g flags/editing is done well and it sounds good then what's the problem? xD
    Crossfrown
    Crossfrown

UTAU Information

Post by Crossfrown Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:47 pm

This is what bugs me. People get harped on for editing it, but it doesn't occur to anyone that there is exactly NO reason for it to be natural, especially when you're making it for the character, not the voice (UTAU is the new fanmade vocaloid for a reason).

I'm against g+ flags because the voicebank itself does not actually sound like that, which is why I'm okay with it if the VB isn't released. NO ONE WILL KNOW.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:54 am

Meh, I feel like sharing my opinion.

I do not care if you put flags on your voicebank or if you edit your voice in some software. It's your opinion. The only thing I can do is like it or not.

/OFFTOPIC Man, these new keyboards at school are AWESOME!
    xLei
    xLei

Notes : 2109

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

Post by xLei Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:22 am

^ The above post x100

I also have no problems with g-flags. I mean what about Ted Kanase? He's a g-flagged male UTAU and I think he sounds badass *SHOT*
    Crossfrown
    Crossfrown

UTAU Information

Post by Crossfrown Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:24 pm

If by that random mess of syllables you mean Ted Kasane, he doesn't count, being a genderbend.

If it's a genderbend I don't care at all. They usually sound great, and the original voicebank is already established.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am