Sing a Song for You - 30 sentences of Reni Kaeru X Yume Barauta

Yume Barauta

Notes : 1892

Sing a Song for You - 30 sentences of Reni Kaeru X Yume Barauta Empty Sing a Song for You - 30 sentences of Reni Kaeru X Yume Barauta

Post by Yume Barauta on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:04 am

I love X-number of random sentences type fics, so I made a nice cheesy one for my favorite nice cheesy not-exactly-crack couple. :'D

Spoiler:

1. Beginnings

They liked to say it began with a kiss, but that wasn’t entirely true.

2. Ends

They saw the ends of relationships all around them, but they, along with a few of their other friends, stayed together.

3. Hours

No matter how many times Yume would say “Don’t wait up for me!” when she went off for her “job” of soul reaping, Reni always would stay up for hours, doing exactly that.

4. Days

“Do Shinigami ever get days off?”
    “As many as life gets.”

5. Weeks

It was three weeks after the “kiss that started it all” that Reni finally broke up with her boyfriend.

6. Months

It took Takeshi three months on top of that to realize she wasn’t coming back.

7. Years

They knew they’d be together for years.

8. Red

Red was blood, love, anger, and fire. They agreed that only the second meaning was okay, so red was kept to a minimum.

9. Blue

The first thing Yume saw every morning was a pair of blue eyes.

10. Purple

The first thing Reni saw every morning was a pair of purple eyes.

11. Friends

Aika and Luna and Karen were good friends… Sometimes good to the point they were overbearingly accepting about Yume and Reni.

12. Enemies

“Tei Sukone is my enemy.”
    “Then she is my enemy too, Reni-chan.”

13. Lovers

It didn’t take long for them to cross the line of friendship.

14. Family

When it came to overbearing, Yoshiya took the cake… But he was Yume’s only family.

15. Strangers

“What would they have called us… in the time you were born?”
    Yume thought for a moment before saying, “Strangers.”

16. Parents

They had always thought they’d be good parents, but stem cell research hadn’t come that far yet.

17. Children

In their little fantasies, they had a boy named Rei and a girl named Yuriko.

18. Birth

January 23rd was Yume’s real date of birth, it just happened to be 121 years earlier than she would tell people.

19. Death

“When I die, Yume-chan,” Reni murmured, stroking her girlfriend’s hair, “will you be the one to come for me?”
    Yume said nothing.

20. Sound

They debated who had a better sounding voice for a very long time.

21. Touch

They looked into each others’ eyes, and then, suddenly, their lips touched.

22. Moon

Shortly after they had first become friends, they both went out for air in the middle of the night and found each other. It was then, sitting side by side on the grass, lit only by the full moon, that they shared that first kiss.

23. Heart

“I didn’t think Shinigami had hearts.”
    “Neither did I, and then I met you, Reni-chan.”
    They laughed at Yume's ridiculous attempt at romanticism after.

24. Soul

“Keep your soul safe from Demons,” Yume whispered one night as they lay side by side, a serious expression having come over her face. “because any Demon in their right mind would want a soul like yours.”
    Reni smiled. “You’ll protect me.” It wasn’t a question.

25. Broken

“That,” Reni stated as she examined her girlfriend’s forearm and hand, “is a very broken wrist.”

26. Fixed

Yume frowned when the doctor said that she’d need to wear a cast for another week, then to demonstrate that her wrist and hand were fine, retrieved her mini keyboard from her bag, set it up, and played five minutes of Chopin.
    The doctor let her go without the cast.

27. School

“How is it that you can be working as a singer, leave school to reap souls at a moment’s notice, and still get through high school on the honor roll?”
    Yume winked at her girlfriend. “A little memory modification never hurts anyone.” Reni giggled. “That’s it?” “Well, not entirely. Some of it’s pure awesomeness.” “Oh, sure, yeah.”

28. Work

“So, Barauta-san, what do you do for a living?”
    Yume and Reni froze.

29. Life

They had a comfortable life, as the money from CD sales and the payment Yume got from the Shinigami Dispatch Agency kept up the rent well enough and left them some spending money.

30. Home

Reni led Yume by the hand into the apartment.
    “This is our new home, Yume-chan. Our home, and ours alone.” After spending a moment taking in the look of shock and adoration on her girlfriend’s face, she added, “Happy Birthday.”
    It was January 23rd.

Love it? Hate it? Confused as to why I'm writing yuri? Feel bad for Takeshi? All of the above somehow?
    Whatever you feel towards it, CRITIQUE ME.

...I've discovered that I'm not good at this 30-sentence thing. Ffffff.
    Kolya-kun
    Kolya-kun

Notes : 773

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Jessi Maki II, Wesley Bard I
    Blog/Website: http://TheVillagers.deviantart.com

Sing a Song for You - 30 sentences of Reni Kaeru X Yume Barauta Empty Re: Sing a Song for You - 30 sentences of Reni Kaeru X Yume Barauta

Post by Kolya-kun on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:29 pm

i've never heard of X-number of sentences fics before, it's really neat how you can show a whole relationship in just 30 sentences OwO;;

and i'm not really sure how to critique you... unless i got really nit-picky with the dialogue (i consider each line a seperate sentence), that's just preference really xDD;;

i thoroughly enjoyed reading it though~
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Sing a Song for You - 30 sentences of Reni Kaeru X Yume Barauta Empty Re: Sing a Song for You - 30 sentences of Reni Kaeru X Yume Barauta

Post by smeen on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:00 am

You're way better than me at those things, Yume-tan! I really liked it!
    UtauReni
    UtauReni

Notes : 431

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kaeru Reni
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/utaureni

Post by UtauReni on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:00 pm

O.O
    ./nosebleeds

I LOVE IT! ^____^ Theyre so adorable ;w; Take would kill me for saying this but these two are perrrrfect ^3^ ./shot

Brilliant writing, as well :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:22 pm