Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

UTAU Critique Needed eve

UTAU Critique Needed eve Empty UTAU Critique Needed eve

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:08 pm

WEWEEEELEWLELWLELWELLLL. The crit thread here and on VO kinda died, and I hardly got but any critique on Luna, SOOOOOOOO.
    I'mma be askin' for some crits on here. Be honest, do not be overly harsh. Make it an actual critique and not 'I hate everything about this you suck'

SOOOOOO.
    here we soundtrucking go.
    I'd prefer crits on Luna's ACT4.2 voicebank, and her design, if you please.
    Here's the most recent song on her act4.2
    Candy or Dream:
    aaaaand here's her 4.2 design (WIP, mind you.)
    Excuse her boots:

I wanna know what to work on. :'D
    melonramune
    melonramune

Notes : 150

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website: kitty-blogs.blogspot.com

UTAU Critique Needed eve Empty Re: UTAU Critique Needed eve

Post by melonramune Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:59 pm

she sounds really nice!! X3 Just some of her consonants are kinda long. [like the "ja"] And a little bit more editing in another program like Audacity will make her sound better :D Gj!!
    TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf

Notes : 136

Post by TeaLeaf Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:17 pm

gah she sounds so nice ; u ;
    shes really clear, theres no gritty noise in her voice like i find in some VB's
    I think you did really well ^^ and melonramune already said what i wanted to =w= so maybe a tiny tweak in audacity

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:38 pm

I use audashitty to record. xD I bet just some of her consonants need a bit more cutoff in her oto, ne. =v=

thankyuuuu
    Kolya-kun
    Kolya-kun

Notes : 773

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Jessi Maki II, Wesley Bard I
    Blog/Website: http://TheVillagers.deviantart.com

Post by Kolya-kun Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:46 pm

i love her voice and colors ^u^

the design is a bit crypton-y IMO, i just think lose the loop-thing or change the design on it perhaps... or even the sleeves? just a thought :3

the boots are my absolute favorite though xD

Last edited by Kolya-kun on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : LOOSE IS NOT LOSE.)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Kolya-kun wrote:the design is a bit crypton-y IMO

that was intentional =v=
    Kolya-kun
    Kolya-kun

Notes : 773

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Jessi Maki II, Wesley Bard I
    Blog/Website: http://TheVillagers.deviantart.com

Post by Kolya-kun Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:06 pm

that was intentional =v=

ah, i wasn't aware -___-
    scarfu
    scarfu

Notes : 1411

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kanbine Hayari/Kamene Kasui/TATARI
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Alright, it's honest review time from scarfu over here. =w=;; If I say anything that offends you or anything, I definitely do NOT mean it in a hurtful way -- I'm just stating my opinion. =w=b

Starting with her voice, I'd like to state that I /adore/ it. It's very cute, and very perky, and it's full of bubbly personality, which I really, really like. It's also very clear, so overall you did a very good job with it I think. ^u^

However, my critique lies mostly within her design, where I personally think needs... a little work. ^u^;;; This is only an opinion mind you, she's very cute as she is! But there are a few points I think should be taken a look at...

Her color scheme is very, very cute by it's self -- the colors all work very well together. However, I think your choice of... accessories and overall setup of the outfit really is pushing the Crypton look a little too far... I mean, I won't lie, I incorperated the loop belt things onto my own UTAU as well, but Luna's design just feels... like it lacks a lot of originality that I'm entirely sure you could put into it. Like... I think rather than designing her to be a wannabe Crytponloid, you really should focus on developing her as an UTAU because... well, that's what she is! XD I... think it's part of her personality that she wants to be a Cryptonloid, so I understand why you would take that approach, but I also think that this is a bit of a problem -- having Luna's existence revolve so heavily around the Cryptonloids, Len in particular, gives off a very... negative vibe to a lot of people who first stumble upon her. The... uncut version of what she appears to most is... well, a mary-sue self-insert Vocaloid OC who was given life by UTAU. XD;; That was what I thought of her before I had gotten into this fandom anyway, when I was just looking at the wiki page and eyeing everybody who was there.

Now I really don't know too much about Luna other than what I've read on her wiki and what I've heard around, so my opinion is probably ENTIRELY unfair. XD; But I just think that you should keep in mind that those are the kind of vibes she's been giving off... at least to me orz.

Overall, I think Luna is a very cute character with a GREAT voice, just her design and character overall needs a bit more work to fully pop out, and I am ENTIRELY sure you are capable of doing it. ;u; <333

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:33 pm

woohoo textwall :'D

...actually, to be perfectlyhonest on her design.
    I own everything she wears except the armwarmers, in some way or another. so that influenced a bit on her look. i'llbeit, clothing you own isn't exactly original. xD
    But yeah, I dooooo need to upgrade her just a bit. I tried to make her a bit different from the other Cryptonloids, like I changed up the armwarmer design, and I forgot to add in her petticoat in the ref there, but she doesnt need a bit more originality, 'specially in that skirt, right tharr.
    (actually, Len and Luna wasn't created by me. :'o all her info on the wiki is fanbase.)

thankkyouu so much for the crit, Scarfu. and dont worry, I dont think it's unfair at all. Just an honest opinion that I can work off of c':
    scarfu
    scarfu

Notes : 1411

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kanbine Hayari/Kamene Kasui/TATARI
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Woo, I'm glad, I was worried you'd take things the wrong way @u@;; I'm sure she'll be fine whichever route you take! ^u^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am