Help on making UTAULOID sound human

melonramune
    melonramune

Notes : 150

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website: kitty-blogs.blogspot.com

Help on making UTAULOID sound human Empty Help on making UTAULOID sound human

Post by melonramune on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Edit: Updated video

I hope she sounds better now XD less breathy and her consonants sound clearer I hope...? Please give suggestions [besides the fact she didn't breathe lol]...!! [sorry if what I said didn't make sense; I'm really nervous ><'] Additional info in video and video description

Last edited by melonramune on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Yume Barauta

Notes : 1892

Help on making UTAULOID sound human Empty Re: Help on making UTAULOID sound human

Post by Yume Barauta on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:18 pm

She doesn't exactly sound human ((If someone showed me that and said it was a person I probably wouldn't believe them... ;u; )) but she does definitely sound nice. :'D
    There's something... distinctly robotic and metallic about her voice, I don't know... ;;
    melonramune
    melonramune

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:

Help on making UTAULOID sound human Empty Re: Help on making UTAULOID sound human

Post by melonramune on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Yume Barauta wrote:She doesn't exactly sound human ((If someone showed me that and said it was a person I probably wouldn't believe them... ;u; )) but she does definitely sound nice. :'D
    There's something... distinctly robotic and metallic about her voice, I don't know... ;;

The metallic sound is the geverb I think...? [sorry I made it too loud] I'll upload the version without effects in just a sec...!! thanks!! *squeehug!!*
    TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf

Notes : 136

Post by TeaLeaf on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 pm

I find it hard to actually hear the voice ; n ; the off-vocals are a bit loud, but she does sound very good .w. not quite human, but sounds very nice ^^
    I don't think any UTAU sounds all that human, its sorta a characteristic with utauloids
    melonramune
    melonramune

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:

Post by melonramune on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:45 pm

TeaLeaf wrote:I find it hard to actually hear the voice ; n ; the off-vocals are a bit loud, but she does sound very good .w. not quite human, but sounds very nice ^^
    I don't think any UTAU sounds all that human, its sorta a characteristic with utauloids

Okay, thank you!! >w<
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3535

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:20 am

TeaLeaf wrote:I find it hard to actually hear the voice ; n ; the off-vocals are a bit loud, but she does sound very good .w. not quite human, but sounds very nice ^^

I abhor views such as this.
    Reasons why:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxc2Y2INE7w&playnext=1&videos=E7OUIrrVUhU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwrKMlxKSSg&feature=related
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiisbZw_mlI

...It usually ends up in a person who thinks only vocaloids can be (or even deserve to be) good quality/realistic.
    UTAUloids can be incredibly realistic if one tries hard enough.

As for this video, Melon-dear...

This screams good quality UTAUloid, but the Geverb... there's way too much of it. That really... stops you being able to tell?

EDIT: ALSO, EDITING ONLY IN AUDACITY = BAD IDEA.
    Making an UTAUloid sound great in the editor (Pitchbends, fitting it to your oto, modulation issue fixing etc)is a BIG, HUMONGOUS part of making an UTAUloid sound realistic.
    TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Haloheroine wrote:

I abhor views such as this.
    Reasons why:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxc2Y2INE7w&playnext=1&videos=E7OUIrrVUhU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwrKMlxKSSg&feature=related
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiisbZw_mlI

...It usually ends up in a person who thinks only vocaloids can be (or even deserve to be) good quality/realistic.
    UTAUloids can be incredibly realistic if one tries hard enough.

eep ; n ; i didnt mean to sound ignorant, ive never actually heard that utau holy fffuuu-
    I actually didnt think that vocaloid had more ability to sound realistic than utau .-.;;
    ; n ; im sorry if my comment came across as ignorant
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3535

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:07 am

TeaLeaf wrote:
    eep ; n ; i didnt mean to sound ignorant, ive never actually heard that utau holy fffuuu-
    I actually didnt think that vocaloid had more ability to sound realistic than utau .-.;;
    ; n ; im sorry if my comment came across as ignorant

D: I didn't mean to come of as aggro!
    ^^'' Sorry, as soon as I saw that I got defensive.

Yeah.
    ANYWAY I DIDN'T MEAN TO SOUND LIKE I THOUGHT YOU WERE IGNORANT *hugs*
    TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Haloheroine wrote:
    D: I didn't mean to come of as aggro!
    ^^'' Sorry, as soon as I saw that I got defensive.

Yeah.
    ANYWAY I DIDN'T MEAN TO SOUND LIKE I THOUGHT YOU WERE IGNORANT *hugs*

./hugs
    OK everythings good again ; u ; b
    back on topic
    melonramune
    melonramune

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:

Post by melonramune on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:05 pm

Haloheroine wrote:EDIT: ALSO, EDITING ONLY IN AUDACITY = BAD IDEA.
    Making an UTAUloid sound great in the editor (Pitchbends, fitting it to your oto, modulation issue fixing etc)is a BIG, HUMONGOUS part of making an UTAUloid sound realistic.

Thank you!! X3 *squeehug* I just wanted to test and hear if Hana can sound human without "special" editing in UTAU. [because sadly, most people don't edit their USTs ._.' So I don't want her to sound bad when someone doesn't edit the USTs]

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Ah, but you've forgotten something.
    They're by Haro-P.
    Haro-P can do magic that nobody else can do.

Meanwhile, I would say that I care about (Kyou) Hana sounding human, but...I'm so lazy...I would do VCV, but...I don't have the time and patience...so I just limit it to UST editing in UTAU...
    Maybe someday I'll steal Ritsu's reclist real quickly and run off with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:30 am