Use as many of these as you want. Or all, if you feel like it.
* Someone dies.
* Someone gets cancer.
* Someone gets amnesia.
* There's a love triangle. The party who loses in the triangle ends up dead or pathetic.
* There's a couple. One party is cheating on the other.
* Someone's mom dies. (I am not joking on this one)
* Someone's trying to get pregnant and can't.
* Someone shouldn't be pregnant, but is.
* Two people want to get married, but the guy's mom won't let it happen. (Or both moms...)
* Two babies got switched at birth.
* Someone gets in trouble with the Korean gangs (which can be worse than yakuza).
* Someone's about to die (but doesn't die), remaining hospitalized for a long...long...time.
* The grandparent-elderly people exploit their position to get what they want.
* At least one arranged marriage.
* Someone's ex shows up.
* Someone's ex shows up after she gets pregnant.
But for some reason they have this addictive quality that makes me want to watch no matter how lame it is.