old topic made like new smell the freshness

Nanashi_Zokune

Notes : 2032

old topic made like new smell the freshness

Post by Nanashi_Zokune on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:12 am

okay so i asked skye to remove the old topic because everyone was playing a hate blame game. that isn't what this is about.

it's not about mae, it's not about triphones, it's not how good or bad other peoples utau's are and it's not for starting drama!

okay now this is though a serious matter. no one should be ignored for no reason at all, it makes them feel rejected by the community and feel that utau is club members only. no one ever wants to feel that way no matter who they are.

rumor or no rumor neither make a difference.
    if one day a bad rumor started about you then how many people would probly start ignoring you?. no one wants that, there's no reason for someone to be biased and ignore someone for help or ignoring a person who was a friend like just two days ago and then just stop.

example to what i just said is lets say you've known this person for over a month now and become almost like sisters or whatever and then out of the blue they stop talking to you for no reason or over a rumor.

we've all experience this in real life why do we need to experience this online? everyone who posts here or in chat are not anonymous so names here could easily be dropped, same goes for other places like msn, YT accounts, DA accounts and a few others.
    but that's not what this is about. what this is about is common courtesy, atleast give the person some explanation.

it makes me feel sad and sick to my stomach watching others get rejected like that and feel like dirt, i've been there many times so i know the feeling very very well.

ps. stay on topic this time please =.=

------------------------------------------------------

"and so the dust had settled
    and among the ashes,
    what's left of a city are now in ruin.
    lot of the people move forward and away,
    while others go back. because..
    the ones that moved forward lived in dread of the city,
    while the others knew of only the richest side.
    the few rebuild the city as it once was but nobody comes.
    the most that had left now live in joy."
    something random that popped into my head earlier ;p

Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Re: old topic made like new smell the freshness

Post by Aline on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:15 am

To me, what's more important is the voice, and the oto editing. If I were to make my UTAUloid sounding "more human", well... I'd sing by myself XD

But I'm not against VCV... I'd record them as soon as I ended my trilingual (heck, even advanced diphonic Japanese is kinda missing) syllables, but I've been feeling ill lately, and this isn't a good thing. I can't record anything when I'm almost fainting all the time.

BTW, wouldn't this be on Off-Topic? UTAU Discussion is for discussing about UTAU... T_T Sorry for the almost backseat modding, just my opinion.

Well, I don't hate anyone here, and I think people should clear their misunderstandings >_> *Glares to some UTAU users which peck each other due to probable misunderstandings, not going to tell names*

MariRoseTair

Notes : 409

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:

Post by MariRoseTair on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 am

I'll be honest here.

But it is IMPOSSIBLE, to get everyone to like each other, people will naturally clash.
    It's a sad fact but it's true.

If people want to leave, if people cannot stand another user, then all we can do is resolve things ~quietly~ and not publicly.
    and it's natural that some people will get along and work better with others.
    Basic human nature.

Instead of trying to force everyone to either play nice or face being publicly humiliated by having the admin ask everyone in a public chat room if someone should be banned.

Instead focus resolving things quietly.

Or (and I can't believe I'm saying this)
    Be like the Japanese and only work with others when you want, to not be a "community" commumity, but a bunch of individuals with individual views, but still help if needed.

Utau is a hobby where you can make a beautiful Vocal Synth, and make friends along the way, but it's not solely about making freinds, to expect everyone to play nice.. is well to expect a miciale.

Instead of feeling upset that your feeling "exculded" just keep working on your utauoild and making it the best you can. c:

Catarsis

Notes : 1916

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Catarsis on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 pm

MariRoseTair wrote:I'll be honest here.

But it is IMPOSSIBLE, to get everyone to like each other, people will naturally clash.

If people want to leave, if people cannot stand another user, then all we can do is resolve things ~quietly~ and not publicly.
    Basic human nature.

Instead of trying to force everyone to either play nice or face being publicly humiliated by having the admin ask everyone in a public chat room if someone should be banned.

Be like the Japanese and only work with others when you want, to not be a "community" commumity, but a bunch of individuals with individual views, but still help if needed.

Utau is a hobby where you can make a beautiful Vocal Synth, and make friends along the way, but it's not solely about making freinds, to expect everyone to play nice.. is well to expect a miciale.

Instead of feeling upset that your feeling "exculded" just keep working on your utauoild and making it the best you can. c:

^ THIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS.

No, really, probably some people here hate me xD
    There's many people with different personalities and that make some trouble, but it's great when you try to understand other people C:

btw, there's many people who worked hard on their UTAUloids and doesn't get attention still, but one shouldn't take care of that, I think we just should use UTAU as a hobbie, don't take it too seriously...at least I use it for killing time and make cool stuff...just that.

Crossfrown

Notes : 994

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Crossfrown
    Blog/Website: http://crossfrown.blog126.fc2.com/

Post by Crossfrown on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:36 pm

There is no reason to tell us to try our best to be welcoming and people who don't like talking to others to be friendly. Social norms are everywhere, and a forum on the internet is honestly no exception.

Being polite, yeah, that's great, but almost the entire forum is like that. You seem to be focusing on like...four or five people? Out of 147? Uh-huh.

Also I agree with the post not belonging in this section. Neutral

Misha

Notes : 2890

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/

Post by Misha on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Yes, this is the wrong place. I will tell Skye to move it.

xLei

Notes : 2109

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

Post by xLei on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 pm

MariRoseTair wrote:I'll be honest here.

Basic human nature.

^ I second this highly and because I lack anything else important to say at the moment :'D

Nanashi_Zokune

Post by Nanashi_Zokune on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Crossfrown wrote:There is no reason to tell us to try our best to be welcoming and people who don't like talking to others to be friendly. Social norms are everywhere, and a forum on the internet is honestly no exception.

Being polite, yeah, that's great, but almost the entire forum is like that. You seem to be focusing on like...four or five people? Out of 147? Uh-huh.

Also I agree with the post not belonging in this section. Neutral

i honestly don't see what's wrong with focusing on these few poeple, i honestly like helping people whether i'm a n00b or not. i 'll ask for them for them (if i can't find anything about what they're looking for first) and i tend to get help unless i mention who needs the help, then i'm even turned down. i understand the social norms thing, but the people i've talked are very nice, sweet and very understanding people and yet treated as if they don't exsist; user and their utau alike (despite how really good their utau is).

why should a few people be turned down by the large majority of utau users?.. and it's sad really =/
    if many people treat this like a hobby and use it for fun then why are so many using it like they're just trying to get famous and shutting people out? ._.;

p.s. sorry about putting it in utau discussions skye just told me to repost back where my original discussion it was.

"can you hear the calling of the raving wind and water?
    we just keep dreaming of the land 'cross the river
    we are always on the way to find the place we belong
    wandering to no where, we're paddling
    down the raging sea"
    to nowhere by yuki kajiura.

MariRoseTair

Notes : 409

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:

Post by MariRoseTair on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Nanashi, Read my post again.

It's good to help people, in fact helping people is great!
    But if someone doesn't like someone.. no amount of prodding from other people will help.

If someone is feeling ignored then let them pm Skye PRIVATELY.
    It's nobody else's business, and demanding that people play nice all the time won't make things better.
    If it's outside the forum, then well..frankly there is very little we can do.
    Can't control what the rest of the world does.

As for the people who want to get famous trough utau, phft. Let them do whatever they want. ignore them if they bother you.
    Your speaking as if every utau user outside of those who are getting ignored is hateful and rude, and that's just plain not fair.

Yes there are those who are blunt and appear rude, and of course assholes are everywhere. Can't change that. but labeling everyone else as that isn't any better then being rude.

Nanashi_Zokune

Post by Nanashi_Zokune on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 pm

@mari

i didn't mean for it to come off rude like i did i'm sorry nor am i saying that everyone is hateful and rude.
    i know some good people who like to talk to everyone and help out everyone. what i was trying to say is that some of these people feel like quitting utau because despite so many tutorials (tutorials can still be vague on what to do cause i still can't figure out oto.ini i still really want to learn how though >.<) they can't seem to get much help from people, what i'd like to do is somehow bridge that gap so that no one really has to feel ignored, i dunno how yet but i'd really like too.

i didn't mean to sound pushy, rude, mean, ect. ect.
    but it's how i feel too. i always start out as this super n00b (pretty much knowing almost nothing at all about what i'm doing despite looking at tutorials cause of my dyslexia). i feel fortunate to get some help for some things to help get me started, but it feels unfair sometimes when i talk to the people who don't seem to get any but a few notes (that are no different from the tutorials already made) but no actual real time help.

yes people have to understand that some people are busy working on other things/projects. but after awhile when you ask a person for help and get the same response it begins to feel like an excuse, especially when you find out a person you asked for help is helping everyone else. dude i'd feel rejected if that kept happening to me and think about quitting too =/.

i'd really like to learn all that i can about utau so i can be better at it and help people with it.

"When we were children,
    we used to think when we were grown-up
    we would no longer be vulnerable.
    But to grow up is to accept
    vulnerability...
    to be alive is to be vulnerable"

a quote from one of the blade breakers
    kai Hiwatari

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:23 pm

Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:23 pm