An informative speech about utau (help please...)

koolit

Notes : 398

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Ame Shirohi
    Blog/Website: http://www.youtube.com/user/Koolit13

An informative speech about utau (help please...)

Post by koolit on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:06 am

I'm on my school's speech team. To keep it short, I need a speech topic because the season is going to start soon ><
    My event is Informative so the purpose of my speech is to entertain an audience by teaching them something interesting. My speech coach also said that I should try for topics that I'm interested in....
    Well o.o I've spent a nice chunk of my summer using UTAU...I'm pretty interested in that...

So here's my idea!
    What if I had an informative speech on the Future of Music? It could include UTAU, Vocaloid and other music-related technology that could be considered futuristic ^_^

How you can help:
    Give me your feedback on this idea. Is it good? Workable? Do you think people would like to hear an informative speech on this topic?
    Also, what other information could go into this speech? For example, Miku's had "live"-holographic concerts. I saw on youtube a singing robot girl made with vocaloid technology. I need more information sorta like that (but it doesn't have to be UTAU or vocaloid related). Just anything that's futuristic, music-related, and interesting. Without extra information, I probably won't be able to come up with a 7 minute-speech with just UTAU and Vocaloid information alone.

....so please help >.< all ideas will be appreciated no matter how small.

Nanashi_Zokune

Notes : 2032

Re: An informative speech about utau (help please...)

Post by Nanashi_Zokune on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:20 am

i like that idea! there are alot of music programs out there that could lead the way to something new or set someone down a new path with music, rhythm and beats. many remixers started out using freeware and trialware programs (like dj-jinnai you can hear many of his works on keiichi radio) and every remixer and composer on ocremix.org. music is a part of everything! past, present and future.

it just takes one sound to make a beat two sounds to make a rhythm and three to make music~

koolit

UTAU Information

Post by koolit on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:26 am

Mhm :D Music is something that most people can enjoy, which is why I think it's a good speech topic to build on.

Going off what you said, maybe I could explain in my speech how music is possible even without the use of intruments. There's a lot of music computer programs, so composing songs and remixes is available to pretty much everyone with a computer x) I think that sounds good.

Are there any programs that you think are worth specifying? Like, one that's kind of special and different from the rest?

Nanashi_Zokune

Post by Nanashi_Zokune on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:01 pm

well currently for me i'm using audacity and reaper to try to make some good quality karaoke songs so i don't know many programs beyond those at the moment ^^;

i think they're kinda special i've been learning some new things (alot of new things cause i've been working all night with one particular song). i'm really starting to like reaper alot more though XD; cause i can download many different types of plugins for it. i can even use fl studio plugins (which is nice), it can make midi's and you can even create your own plugin from scratch or build upon and existing one. maybe one day i might try to remix a song, i've always thought about it and i love remixed game music XD
    but right now i'm still learning.

i generally love sound/music when i hear a beat i feel them, when i hear a rhythm see it and well with music in general i see pictures, from memories to new ideas.

.amuletdream

Notes : 199

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Tori Chang/Tony Chang
    Blog/Website: http://luminate.blog132.fc2.com

Post by .amuletdream on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:07 am

For composing music, you can put FL studio. It's really popular and quite good.

there is also mario paint composer /shot

irei1as

Notes : 1007

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Valen Sodebades
    Blog/Website: www.youtube.com/user/irei1as

Post by irei1as on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:57 am

Well, this a forum of artificial voices being used as instruments so we may like it but in the, hmm, outside world this tecnology isn't very well looked upon by a lot of people.

That group of people places this software, the professional Vocaloid mainly but also others like VirSyn Cantor, as just a low quality substitute for people with low resources that can't afford a real singer.

One of the main discussions I know about this issue is seen with the release of "Light + Shade" by Mike Old­field. It uses some VOCALOID and some people disliked it just for that as that musician can pay real people (aside is if the album is really bad *shrugs*).
    *Digs google*, hmm, here is an article about that. But it's in Spanish. Use an online traductor or something if you can't understand it and can't find data anywhere.

Another technology of artificial music with a lof of controversy is the well known "auto-tune" that also it's globally mocked.
    I guess the auto-tune discussion is more infamous as the wikipedia article has some talk about it.

koolit

UTAU Information

Post by koolit on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:26 am

While the idea of technology replacing humans is looked down upon by some, it actually still makes good speech information x)
    1) It gives me some things to poke fun at. (I could really see myself joking about auto-tune xD). Humor always creates more interesting speeches.
    2) "The Downside of Musical Technology"-ness could create a whole paragraph in my speech. I could include that article in my citations and everything...

I still wonder if this will be enough information for one speech. Eventually, I'll need to stop being lazy and search some information for myself, but thank you all for the information you have provided so far Smile

Misha

Notes : 2890

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/

Post by Misha on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:49 pm

The thing about Vocaloid is the image.
    If Miku wasnt as cute and adorable as she is, do you honestly think people would use her as much?
    Look at the engloids. They have no image or strange ones, which was very offputting to others.

And no, FL studio isnt good xDD
    My friend is a music producer, and in the industry, FL is a big joke.

Nanashi_Zokune

Post by Nanashi_Zokune on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:54 pm

you can create music in anythings not just programs that are made for music like the gameboy music maker homebrew program there's also a gba version

game boy version (you would need either an emulator or a flashcard to do this)

gba version

there's really a ton of ways to make music other than just utau or vocaloid i only gave 1 though XP

also guitar hero has alot of people compain about that game and how "they're not playing real instruments" they're only compaints no different from what people say about vocaloid or utau >_> and guitar hero doesn't have much of an image either, just some weird looking characters that aren't memorable, but it doesn't hurt the game. what they have going for them is the music. the familiar music that everyone knows draws them to it and some not so familiar songs aswell. isn't that how we find music we love? by the things that we're familiar with.

but yes, by most people image is everything. for me though i don't really like most of the engloids mostly by the way they sound or sing, not by their image (but some of them do scare me like sweet ann... her face DXXXX).
    i'm sure there are a ton of bands out there that many of us don't know and don't have much of an image or reputation out there, but many people love. for me i knew of miku before knowing her voice, but i never bothered searching up where she's from, not until someone showed me a song and that's when i went on my vocaloid craze XD. so yeah image isn't everything and isn't always necessary.

an image can be good or bad it can go either way.
    but good music is all that matters and will matter till the end of time.

.amuletdream

Notes : 199

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Tori Chang/Tony Chang
    Blog/Website: http://luminate.blog132.fc2.com

Post by .amuletdream on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:27 am

Misha wrote:And no, FL studio isnt good xDD
    My friend is a music producer, and in the industry, FL is a big joke.

Well, it's good for amateurs such as myself then. >8D /shot

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:32 am

Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:32 am