how did you come up with your utau's name

Post by zin on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:44 pm

for me
    Kurisu = Chris
    Sabii = Savvy
    Fureddo = Fred
    It the transliteration of the voice source name

Koorine= Ice Sound

i came up with this because ice is my favorite nature elements... and then i added ne for the vocaloid/utau thing. another thing is that i always eat something minty before i record for him xP.

how did you come up with yours?
    (sorry if this tread was made before and this is different from the username thread)

Last edited by zinfandel on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Re: how did you come up with your utau's name

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Kenji is my online-identity/alias. o3o I used that for his first name.
    Baionoto came up from people telling me I had a harmonic voice, so I used that too. |D It's my last name for my alias. Baion = Harmonic (by itself), oto = sound, baionoto = harmonic sound. Redundant kanji is used because the "on" in "baion" means "sound" as well, and "bai" and "on" put together gives you... well, yeah. xD;

ThePianoChan

Notes : 3020

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website: http://thepianochan.blog125.fc2.com/

Post by ThePianoChan on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:48 pm

=U My girlfriend came up with mine.

Utake kochiro that is.
    Kachira was just the bent version.
    ---

Jean Dominique Simon was hard and tricky. I needed something unusual and...french CB..

--

新垣翔 "Arakaki Shou" "A new boundry. Soar" - Soaring over new [heights]boundries. [In the jist of it].

--

Fredrick is..just :U I wanted to be able to call him Teto\'s magical french bread. So yeah.

Aster Selene

Notes : 3868

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Fuzzle-san UTAU
    Blog/Website: http://sites.google.com/site/fuzzlesanutau/
    Status: Japanese, Korean, Chinese, English release; VCV recorded, oto.ini being worked on

Post by Aster Selene on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:53 pm

I knew the name had to be something that would work for both Japanese and Korean, but I prioritized Korean (since they actually have a set list of surnames due to surname extinction and most of them have hanja).

So:

Kyou - Hanja -> kanji of the Korean surname "Kang".
    Hana - The name is common to both Koreans and Japanese, albeit meaning different things ("Flower" in Japanese, "One" in Korean).

Same process for her genderbend: "Kura" comes from "Chang" and "Shin" is a name from both languages (this time meaning "new" in both languages).

Winchester24

Notes : 500

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Trace Webb
    Blog/Website: in progress

Post by Winchester24 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Trace Webb was derived from what he likes, Computers and Technology~

Sami Sarin's name is based of off who she's based off of~ (in terms of design, and personality/story loosely)

Tree's name was based off of a very sandy volcanic ocean~

StateOfDep

Notes : 307

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Shizu Sogone+Aroku Senna
    Blog/Website: http://shizusogone.blogspot.com/

Post by StateOfDep on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:39 am

Last year or so...
    Let's see...
    I wanted to make a VOYAKILOID OC, and I was going to make it a human-VOCALOID sort of thing, since I can't sing to save my life. Buuut, I couldn't find a microphone at the time and she was just an OC. "Well, I'm quiet enough irl. Shizu/Shizuka would fit. Let's ask someone. Shizu it is. :D"
    As for the last name...I had a kanji+grammar fail. Apparently "sogo" can be some other part of speech that isn't an adjective, meaning failure, but I thought it was an adjective...But it means "contradicting" too, so it sorta fits. And then more "Adjective-Ne" surnames... :v
    In Chinese, the same kanji/characters would be "Discord sound" (Ju yu yin), which I thought would fit too...
    Buuuut it turned out that my UTAU sings like a million times better than I ever will, so it doesn't fit as well anymore... :v

The genderbend was originally "Shizuo", and then I learned of Durarara!!. It became 'Heizen' a bit afterwards.
    And in Chinese class later, I was like "Oh hey! Anjing means quiet, that can be Shizu's loli/child thing! :D"

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:27 am

Hokuro = mole (the facial kind), so it's a pun on my own username. 8D Derp.
    Shirouto = amateur. This reflected the fact that, at the time, I did not expect the bank to be any good, due to my own inexperience. I'll laugh if the surname eventually becomes an artifact.

Seiji's name is..entirely an artifact now. Seiji = refined second son. There was another male in the series before him who was just never completed.
    Shiki = command, reflecting how deep and commanding his voice was compared to Hokuro's. It's softened a bit in his 4th act, but it's also tolerable to listen to now. 8D

MillyAqualine

Notes : 2148

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Sanloids and more
    Blog/Website:

Post by MillyAqualine on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:01 am

Warning, it will be very very loooong x')

Sakanne = no known first name (but you'll know it with "secret" card and explanation) and I thought to "voyaging sound", but Luka had already got ths name...So, I choose "energic sound" because I imagined Sakanne like this Wink And popular became after n_n

Albine Yawarakaine = I wanted to have one more Utauloid but I was having no idea...And then, I thought to my Mermaid Melody fancharacter : Shira
    Becaase I imagined Shira's voice as soft, I wanted to have a last name which means "soft/tender sound"

I didn't want to give her the same forst name (it was Utau version, not rebirth of Shira)

So, I thought to two French names : Albine (feminine form of Albin/Aubin) and Alba (related to an old character who was a vampire -the only vampire story and I never realized it)

Therefore, two identities were found :
    -Yawarakaine Albine
    -Moroine Alba

I asked two friends on net about this, and Yawarakaine won

Sakura Cerise Kieine : I thought to give her a name related with cherries or sakura

And then, it was for the "sound" name part...

In French it's "endiablé" I wanted to translate.

I obtained those names :
    -Sakura Cerise Botsubotsune (勃々音 桜 セリズ)
    -Sakura Cerise Moune (猛音 桜 セリズ)
    -Sakura Cerise Kieine (気鋭音 桜 セリズ)

Finally (and with votes again) Kieine won
    And 'cause I hesitated between Moune and Kieine, I give her a nickname, which is a pun with Moune (Moouné and Moooon are a bit near to pronounce).
    It's also a pun with a mistranslation I made about the expression "être toujours dans la lune" (now, I know what's really its translation x_x" )

-Kei Den Yûzûon :
    Kei and Den came up because Kei is very boyish for me, and Den is soft

for Kei, it's "tablet of jade, square jewel" because I thought to blue and green for him

And for Den, I hesitated for kanji, until I found it : kanji which means "lord"

Finally, I wanted his last name meant "versatile sound" because I imagined him singing as deep notes as high notes (and because his voice is medium, neutral for me). It's also a pun with his double personality

-Rose Bara Shougioto : I chose Rose because it's one of my favourite given names and because I imagined her as pink version of my fancharacter Milly Aqualine (it's why their dresses are almost similar)

And then, I saw....Names are "Barauta", "Barane", etc... were almost used T_____T

So, I used another pronounciation : Shougi - oto
    And it was very soft ^___^

-Olive Minamine : As Rose and Albine, she was originally a fancharacter or a Toonway character I created

and in my first episode of Deductivo Mente, one of victims was called "Olive Vaire" (pun with French "vert olive" )

And Minamine because Minami is a beautiful Japanese given name...Moreover, as Rose, I imagined Olive had South France origins

So : Minami (south) + Ne (sound) → "sound of South"

-Lavande Rabendâne : Because I imagined Rose having a best friend, and lavender is my 2nd favourite flower (and favourite colour too), I gave her this name

And for her last name, it was about colour

-Kotoko Migotone : I wanted to give her "Koto" or "Kotone" but they were already used

It's why, I tried another name, related to a Japanese singer : Kotoko

And Migotone is a pun with an old character I played on a RPG forum who was called Migoto Koubutsu ("beautiful, marvelous minerals" ). She was a 11-years old girl who was having minerals-based powers (Because I love SO MUCH mineralogy and jewels ♥♥♥ )

-Sabine Sabiné : I didn't want to give her my own name (even the first part) and finally, I thought to two things : in Latin class, the name I obtained was "Sabine" and one friend of my parents is named "Sabine" too and she's kind

So I put it

And Sabiné's translation came up with "sound of pitch, sound of rhythm)", and with languages on Wikipédia, I found translation for it, and I added "ne" for "sound"

Sometimes, I spell her name "Sabine Sabiné" to avoid beliefs about a nickname. Moreover, in rômaji, it's not the same thing : サビン サビネ

-Iris Nijine : She was supposed to be a joke Utau and finally, I turned her into one of my Utaus

Her name came up quickly, because her theme "colour" is rainbow

So Iris → Greek name "rainbow"
    Nijine → "sound of rainbow"

And because of Greek and Nordic mythology

Greek mythology → Iris was Gods and Godesses' messenger and her scarf was supposed to be a rainbow (also a reason why Iris wears a rainbow scarf around her neck and why she's a postgirl)

Nordic mythology → Rainbow was considerated as a bridge between differents worlds

-Victoire (Saint-Clair) Sekijitsune : Victoire because it's a "royal" name for me

Her true last name, I suddenly thought to it (spelled as Saint-Clair in French version and Sinclair in English version)

Sekijitsune → because she's a Victorian girl, I wanted a name meant "son d'antan" in French, "sound of old days" in English

-Yaku Woyane

Woyane came up suddenly
    And later, I found Yaku because it sounds good with Woyane

Woyane → "sound of little night", a pun with Woyane who was born in the night
    Yaku → "role, service" because of her wish to become a police woman or a security guard

Yaku it's also a multi-pun name (as yaku for "yak", "to grill", "gain"....)

Finally, Yaku Woyane is a deformation of Haku Yowane

n_n

Tsumanne

Notes : 1971

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: AU-loids
    Blog/Website: hideki782.deviantart.com

Post by Tsumanne on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:24 am

Kii Nane - 鳴音 means echoing sound, and Kii (キー) is a phonetic pun on... the word key.
    Fuyu Komorika/Komoriuta - 子守歌 which means lullaby, and フユ(fuyu) comes from 冬, which means winter.
    Kitsu Hion - 秘音 which means secret sound, and キツ means citrus (fruit).
    Lilith Namika - 波歌 which means song of waves, and Lilith (リリス) is the name of a mythical demon.
    Viai Emine - 笑音 means the sound of laughter. And Viai's name (ヴィアイ) is pretty much meaningless.
    Lock - ロック, which means just what you think it means.
    Loco Takoga - 蛸歌, meaning octopus song, and Loco (ロコ) also means what you think it means.

Get this, there's a pattern in their names~
    Spoiler:
    Ok, so let's call them by their number. #s 1, 3 and 5 have "ne/on" in their surnames. Numbers 2, 4 and 6b have "ka/ga/uta" in their surnames. Also, numbers 3 and 6a have had an undisclosed last name.

Last edited by Tsumanne on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Yanyu

Notes : 1046

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MiSS SAiYA
    Blog/Website: http://misssaiya.blogspot.com/
    Status: ACT1 -Small Edits- Finding a better microphone for VCV ACT 2

Post by Yanyu on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:45 am

=v= It's simple. I didn't like Sigh-ya's (XD) last name so like Mister blobby just added a Miss~<3 ahaha~ and then Miss saiya was re-borned~! *is brickt* All these names seem well thought out lmao, >.>

Darkkira1332

Notes : 1072

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: CVUV series (2 characters created)
    Blog/Website: I don't have one yet.
    Status: Kira:Ver. 2 (creating act.1 VB), Lyrica( Releasing Act.1 VB)

Post by Darkkira1332 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:58 am

I came up my Utauloid's name when I made a manga Script(only words...not the drawing). His name
    "Kira" Came from the main Protagonist Kira Takeuchi, And his Human Last name "Kyoshiro" is Kira Takeuchi's inside Demon/angel beings. His Utauloid last name "Hitorine" means "lonely sound" although I fail to make it like that.

sometimes people mistakenly think the japanese word "Kira" is equal to Killer(because of death note)...but no its real meaning is "Dark"....oh wait...haven't I explained that before?lol

Lenexia

Notes : 854

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Tuwai Raitone / Mia Kakune / Dio Kongosekine
    Blog/Website:

Post by Lenexia on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:16 am

Well, Tuwai Raitone is made of Tuwaraito and Sound, and Tuwairaito is basically the Kana-Form of Twilight. But I didn't name her that because of twilight, the book. Her colorscheme is orange, black and white which are the colors of Twilight Town in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Mia is a typical German name. And Kakune means Core sound or Nuclear sound, based on her design.

Dio is just the male version of Dia, a Boogie OC of me. KOngosekine means Diamond sound, based on his design =w=

/thus names UTAUs because of their designs

CDchan

Notes : 913

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by CDchan on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 am

Yasashiikoe was supposed to be soft voice, but then my voice ended up not being soft so it became kind since it means the same thing.
    Emiko was well.. it used to be Nodoka, but i felt like a negima!? rip-off. Emiko.. just.. it's a usual japanese girl name |D ;;
    -- and it's an anagram of meiko.

Last edited by CDchan on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total

moeloid

Notes : 1550

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MOELOID
    Blog/Website: http://moeloid01.blogspot.com/

Post by moeloid on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:49 am

Well....for my first UTAU, Touyan.........
    She was a chibi derivative of a manga character of mine called Touya.
    I added an 'n' because it was cuter ouo
    She eventually became an UTAU somehow^^'

For Phoenix, I decided I wanted him to be related to fire, so his last name, Honoone, means Flame Sound.
    Then his first name, Phoenix, is like, that mythological bird of fire and stuff =u=

smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:55 am

Yuugi = Because he is an original Yu-Gi-Oh OC
    Hakune = Figured out by Orochi Herman after I searched for a new surname (It was Tenshinoyounakoe) It means beat sound, because I wanted him to sing fast-paced songs.

Yume Barauta

Notes : 1892

Post by Yume Barauta on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:31 am

Darkkira1332 wrote:I came up my Utauloid's name when I made a manga Script(only words...not the drawing). His name
    "Kira" Came from the main Protagonist Kira Takeuchi, And his Human Last name "Kyoshiro" is Kira Takeuchi's inside Demon/angel beings. His Utauloid last name "Hitorine" means "lonely sound" although I fail to make it like that.

sometimes people mistakenly think the japanese word "Kira" is equal to Killer(because of death note)...but no its real meaning is "Dark"....oh wait...haven't I explained that before?lol

Kira does NOT mean dark.
    "Kira-kira" is an onomatopoeia for the "sparkle" sound, and means glittering, shining, or sparkling.
    One Kira on its own means glitter, gleam or twinkle. ((Written as 煌, can also be romanized as "kou".))
    ...Sorry, Kira, your name means glitter.

On topic...
    With Yume... I don't really know how I got that name. I liked the sound of "Barauta" ((Rose Song)) and Yume... I dunno.
    Yoshiya I got because I liked the meanings I had found for it. ((義弥 means "increasing justice" and 夜視野 means "night outlook". But because I write it in katakana, it can mean either of those, or any other translation. :3))
    Hikaru was named by AmuletDaiya on Youtube. :3
    I got Ai's name like this:
    I want to give him a girly name, that also means something girly. "Ai".
    I want him to have a last name that isn't the standard "adjective/noun-ne".
    I get an email from my friend talking about how Jinjou Romantica is the best thing ever. She makes a comment about a character named "Misaki".
    Ai gets the last name "Misaki".

I had had Chou's design for quite a while, but she had an English name. ((Lena Somers.)) When I decided I wanted to make an UTAUloid out of her... Well, she has a tattoo of a butterfly on her cheek, so I went with Chou as her first name, and Shutsuki... I originally wanted her last name to be "red moon", but Akaitsuki... Ewwww Naruto. So I looked up "scarlet" in my dictionary and found "shu", and Shutsuki sounded good. :'D

With Reiko I was in the same position as with Chou.
    With her first name, I took "rei" which means "soul" ((And in her OC form, she's a demon.)), and added "ko" on the end. And Hitsugi I picked because apparently Yana Toboso-san is often mistaken for being named Yana Hitsugi. So I was like.. "Hitsugi! :'D"

Hikari... I blame Blythesan. And the internet.

And upcoming biseinen UTAU only has a Japanese last name so far. "Kuroi", but spelled as 黒依, like Mato Kuroi in BRS. ((His English name is Mattheus so I was thinking of making his first name "Matt", but then he'd be Matto Kuroi. And that's just... Yeah. xD))

Aster Selene

UTAU Information
    Status: Japanese, Korean, Chinese, English release; VCV recorded, oto.ini being worked on

Post by Aster Selene on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:46 am

Sorry, Yume, can't resist:

"Kira~!"

(Macross F for the win)

"Kira", however, is an ideophone, not an onomatopoeia.

Anyway, to avoid all of your translation errors, I recommend using Jisho for your Japanese needs.

Doesn't "Yume" mean "dream" by the way?

Yume Barauta

Notes : 1892

Post by Yume Barauta on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:57 am

Fffff-
    Ideophone.
    Okay.
    Remembering that.
    I thought onomatopoeia because I see it used in manga as, like, a sound effect.

I generally use a dictionary for translations. o3o

Ah, yeah, Yume does mean "dream" but I wasn't actually thinking about meaning when I named her. xD;; Weird as it is. Afterwards, I was like "Oh, right that means dream lol okay keeping it. :D"

Kolya-kun

Notes : 773

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Jessi Maki II, Wesley Bard I
    Blog/Website: http://TheVillagers.deviantart.com

Post by Kolya-kun on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:07 pm

for Jessi Maki i just used the very first name that popped into my head right before i started recording xD

Aster Selene

UTAU Information

Post by Aster Selene on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:11 pm

@Yume Ideophone generally represents something that doesn't have a physical sound (so unless you're Ranka, glittering makes no noise). ^^

Luna

Notes : 3465

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Ichine Luna
    Blog/Website:

Post by Luna on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:02 pm

rororor. I dunno if I already posted here, so, uh.
    I got Luna because she was recorded and released originally on a fullmoon (my bday was a blue moon, and thats when her act3 was released. I knew this from when I first recorded early november >u<)

Nanashi_Zokune

Notes : 2032

Post by Nanashi_Zokune on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:20 pm

nanashi zokune well as everyone knows nanashi means no name, nameless blah blah blah and it just sounds cool. it kind of makes him anonymous because he doesn't really have any back story at all, so who knows if nanashi is even his real name XD. he may have a lot darker side no one really knows about. but really i'll just leave it up to the people.

yay he's sounding cliche =D

the zokune means rebel sound and nanashi is very much a rebel and panty thief and loves the ladies~ primarily i want him to sing more rock songs (but some romantic stuff too cause what lady doesn't like a little romance?) of course you all will have to wait for his release and stuff~ ;3

also nanashi from MAR is just awesome

Darkkira1332

Notes : 1072

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: CVUV series (2 characters created)
    Blog/Website: I don't have one yet.
    Status: Kira:Ver. 2 (creating act.1 VB), Lyrica( Releasing Act.1 VB)

Post by Darkkira1332 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:31 am

Yume Barauta wrote:
    Darkkira1332 wrote:I came up my Utauloid's name when I made a manga Script(only words...not the drawing). His name

Kira does NOT mean dark.
    "Kira-kira" is an onomatopoeia for the "sparkle" sound, and means glittering, shining, or sparkling.
    One Kira on its own means glitter, gleam or twinkle. ((Written as 煌, can also be romanized as "kou".))
    ...Sorry, Kira, your name means glitter.

On topic...
    With Yume... I don't really know how I got that name. I liked the sound of "Barauta" ((Rose Song)) and Yume... I dunno.
    Yoshiya I got because I liked the meanings I had found for it. ((義弥 means "increasing justice" and 夜視野 means "night outlook". But because I write it in katakana, it can mean either of those, or any other translation. :3))
    Hikaru was named by AmuletDaiya on Youtube. :3
    I got Ai's name like this:
    I want to give him a girly name, that also means something girly. "Ai".
    I want him to have a last name that isn't the standard "adjective/noun-ne".
    I get an email from my friend talking about how Jinjou Romantica is the best thing ever. She makes a comment about a character named "Misaki".
    Ai gets the last name "Misaki".

I had had Chou's design for quite a while, but she had an English name. ((Lena Somers.)) When I decided I wanted to make an UTAUloid out of her... Well, she has a tattoo of a butterfly on her cheek, so I went with Chou as her first name, and Shutsuki... I originally wanted her last name to be "red moon", but Akaitsuki... Ewwww Naruto. So I looked up "scarlet" in my dictionary and found "shu", and Shutsuki sounded good. :'D

With Reiko I was in the same position as with Chou.
    With her first name, I took "rei" which means "soul" ((And in her OC form, she's a demon.)), and added "ko" on the end. And Hitsugi I picked because apparently Yana Toboso-san is often mistaken for being named Yana Hitsugi. So I was like.. "Hitsugi! :'D"

Hikari... I blame Blythesan. And the internet.

And upcoming biseinen UTAU only has a Japanese last name so far. "Kuroi", but spelled as 黒依, like Mato Kuroi in BRS. ((His English name is Mattheus so I was thinking of making his first name "Matt", but then he'd be Matto Kuroi. And that's just... Yeah. xD))

Maybe I got it wrong...oh wait...I did got it wrong!!!!

Kira means "dark" in Gaelic....man I should be careful in reding things too fast.

Catarsis

Notes : 1916

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Catarsis on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Well...At first time, Katarina was called because my real name is Catalina.
    Catalina = カタリナ = Katarina
    But then, I've noticed that Catalina is also the name of "La Quintrala", so I put that as explanation later. (And they have similar personalities XD)

Sokkyoune means "Sound Improvisation"; that's because I've failed at many, many attempts when I was making her VB orz
    And well, you have to "improvise" a little when you want to make her sing English, for example P:

Ezri

Notes : 1489

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Chirune Kikyo
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Erm...I don't think Chirune's name makes any sense. XD;;;

But um, her first name "Kikyo" is a bell/balloon flower of some sort. (I've seen it spelled "kikyou", as well, so I'm not sure which is right. Even if my way isn't, it's still a name. XD)
    And "Chiru" means "scattering (like flower petals)". XD I see that verb most often associated with sakura petals falling, and what with Chirune's thing for flowers...yeah. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:52 pm

Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:52 pm