Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

HELP!!!!

TonyYonneFan
    TonyYonneFan

Notes : 1065

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: SHILOIDS
    Blog/Website: none

HELP!!!! Empty HELP!!!!

Post by TonyYonneFan Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Hey guys. I am looking for a FREE and EASY music maker/composer to make my custom songs AND to make the backround music for my utau's songs. Help?
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

HELP!!!! Empty Re: HELP!!!!

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm going to be straight with you.
    Making music is CHALLENGING, requires PATIENCE, and in most cases, requires CONSTANT editing. Even the slightest mis-timing or off-pitch note will ruin a piece all together.
    There's no such thing as an "EASY" music composing, so as such, there's is little such a thing as "EASY" music making programs, especially "FREE" ones.
    However, I may be willing to help as long as I know that you're not completely inexperienced in music. I'm just gonna ask a few questions.
    1. Have you taken any music theory classes in school?
    2. Do you know how to write lyrics, and if so, make a verse of lyrics and show me.
    3. Do you play an instrument? Can you read sheet music?
    4. Are you patient?
    5. Are you willing to do things over and over and over again?
    TonyYonneFan
    TonyYonneFan

UTAU Information

Post by TonyYonneFan Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:35 pm

LupinAKAFlashTH2 wrote:I'm going to be straight with you.
    Making music is CHALLENGING, requires PATIENCE, and in most cases, requires CONSTANT editing. Even the slightest mis-timing or off-pitch note will ruin a piece all together.
    There's no such thing as an "EASY" music composing, so as such, there's is little such a thing as "EASY" music making programs, especially "FREE" ones.
    However, I may be willing to help as long as I know that you're not completely inexperienced in music. I'm just gonna ask a few questions.
    1. Have you taken any music theory classes in school?
    2. Do you know how to write lyrics, and if so, make a verse of lyrics and show me.
    3. Do you play an instrument? Can you read sheet music?
    4. Are you patient?
    5. Are you willing to do things over and over and over again?

1. um, no but they're is a music class in my middle school

2. yeah i made some music. but mostly what I need a music composer program for is to make backround stuff for VOICEROID. (yeah i got it, how awesome am i?)

3. I play the trombone, trumpet and french horn.

4. VERY patient

5. mhm.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

UTAU Information
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:48 pm

I would suggest downloading a demo of FL Studio 9, and using a registry you can find in this thread to make it the full version of FL Studio.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:46 pm

I use GarageBand for making some music but it costs some money D:
    Yeah, I also think that you may try to use FL Studio.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

UTAU Information

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:36 am

Keiichi wrote:I use GarageBand for making some music but it costs some money D:
    Yeah, I also think that you may try to use FL Studio.
    Garageband is mac only. |D

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:04 am

LupinAKAFlashTH2 wrote:
    Garageband is mac only. |D
    lol, I forgot about it, sorry XDDD
    irei1as
    irei1as

Notes : 1007

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Valen Sodebades
    Blog/Website: www.youtube.com/user/irei1as

Post by irei1as Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:42 am

Anvil Studio and Music Studio Producer(not Independence, Independence is the pay version) are freeware and they're used for making midi.
    But they're not easy... more like very hard to use. It's the price for being free, I guess.

With MSP you can use some VSTi -there are freeware libraries around-. VSTi can make midi less midi sounding.

Of course, everything these programs can do, FL can do probably better.
    TonyYonneFan
    TonyYonneFan

UTAU Information

Post by TonyYonneFan Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:25 pm

irei1as wrote:Anvil Studio and Music Studio Producer(not Independence, Independence is the pay version) are freeware and they're used for making midi.
    But they're not easy... more like very hard to use. It's the price for being free, I guess.

With MSP you can use some VSTi -there are freeware libraries around-. VSTi can make midi less midi sounding.

Why is my name in your sig o.o
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3530

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:35 pm

TonyYonneFan wrote:
    irei1as wrote:Anvil Studio and Music Studio Producer(not Independence, Independence is the pay version) are freeware and they're used for making midi.

Why is my name in your sig o.o
    You obviously didn't understand then.
    irei1as
    irei1as

Notes : 1007

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Valen Sodebades
    Blog/Website: www.youtube.com/user/irei1as

Post by irei1as Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:14 am

Well, I guess it's pointless to have an informative signature about something that there were a time that confused forum users (the use of the username tag makes to show the name of the people who read the text, so as you read it shows automatically your name, the same way another user would read its name instead of yours) if the one that ends confusing people it's me.
    It's time for a signature change.

Hmm, for the sake of this post not being something totally offtopic I'll have to check some music freeware for you...

Wave-tone is a program that takes a .wav or .mp3 and shows graphically the pitch of the sound being played.
    Its most important option is that you also can write midi using that guidelines. So it ends being a more manual MikuMikuVoice(MMV).
    Its main problem is... well, there is almost no data around on how to use it. There is an English tutorial but it just says things just like how to go to open file to open a file... so yeah.
    I'm trying to use it so I guess I can write some kind of tutorial if somebody needs it... but I don't know if it's really worth it as MMV seems to be still the favourite of serious vsq/ust makers.

Well, there is MikuMikuVoice. It's a program that helps transcribe already sung vocals into a vsq file. Hmm, just google/use youtube for the download link and some tutorials around.
    I try to use wave-tone so I haven't much info on this one, sorry.

I'm sure you already know it but Audacity is another freeware that lets you use effects to enhance your music. Some effects it includes by default are like echo or wahwah, simple ones. But as Audacity is open to improve, there are a lot of downloadable different plugins for a lot of new effects.
    Also you need some special programs for mp3 management. Here is some help for that.

Very similar to Audacity is Reaper but better. I think it's harder to use and it's quite new but it seems it's more powerful than Audacity and it may have something that Audacity lacks, that is full midi support (but I haven't tried as I can't use Reaper right now).
    The drawback is the program is not exatly freeware. You download it and you can use it without expiring date but the programmers ask you to buy the license if you really like it. It's quite similar to donationware.

Another freeware I have used is AmazingMIDI. This freeware tries to sequence a wav file into a midi file. The results are quite poor normally -for normal music- but it may be worth a try because it's freeware and it actually has some useful uses for the more simple tasks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am