Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Two Questions [VCV & Voicebank Help]

Subarashiki
    Subarashiki

Notes : 755

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Reim
    Blog/Website: Coming soon!
    Status: Reim: Almost done! --- Nai Seibetsu: Just Starting!

Two Questions [VCV & Voicebank Help] Empty Two Questions [VCV & Voicebank Help]

Post by Subarashiki Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:14 am

I have two questions, and instead of bombarding you guys with a bazillion threads again I thought I'd just knock them out in one thread. x3

First question: What exactly is VCV? I read the pages on the UTAUWiki, but I'm afraid I don't entirely understand yet? Is it just a way to make elongated notes sound...better? And reduce the lag on UTAU?

Second Question: Voicebank recordings. My UTAU still sounds very..uh. Odd. To me at least? There's a good chance I'm still just not used to hearing a type of voice like hers. But it just still so very much feels like something is very -off- about her voice. It's choppy, and still very robotic. I know robotic is a given, and that's fine, but -this- much of it seems a bit off, considering what I've heard of others? I find myself adoring how smooth this song is sounding [Namine Ritsu]. I was just curious, what would it need to have my UTAU sounding as smooth as that?

[Current vocals for my UTAU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6PH9Kci7Ik ]

Is it all in the OTO.ini, or is it on the recording end of things?

If you want to take a closer look at her, this is her voicebank as of this morning:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?pw3xxs835z7tqbg

Because I have no idea what I'm doing. ;-;

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by Nyoa on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added failvoicebank link.)
    moeloid
    moeloid

Notes : 1550

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MOELOID
    Blog/Website: http://moeloid01.blogspot.com/

Two Questions [VCV & Voicebank Help] Empty Re: Two Questions [VCV & Voicebank Help]

Post by moeloid Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:08 am

1. VCV means Vowel-Consonant-Vowel. It's a seperate form of recording than the regular CV, Consonant-Vowel. You record samples in a line (something like ku-ka-ko-ki-ko) and configure the otos to split them up.......

Well, it's confusing, and I've never made any, so I can't explain it that well^^'

2. The voice might be a bit robotic if you recorded her samples short. If each sample was about 1.5~2 seconds long, it should be fine. Any kind of choppiness could be her otos, the ust you're using, or if you didn't fit the ust to her otos.
    And the reason Ritsu is so smooth is because he has awesome VCVs! (yes, it uses his VCVs in that song.)

I hope I helped at least a little bit! =u=
    Subarashiki
    Subarashiki

Notes : 755

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Reim
    Blog/Website: Coming soon!
    Status: Reim: Almost done! --- Nai Seibetsu: Just Starting!

Two Questions [VCV & Voicebank Help] Empty Re: Two Questions [VCV & Voicebank Help]

Post by Subarashiki Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:15 am

That does help, for the most part. I have only been using UTAU for like, four days now. xD So I don't think I'm going to bother with VCVs yet. My samples are about a second long, though. Maybe soon I will record a new set for her with longer ones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 pm