Hika421

Notes : 565

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Gaikokune Hikaru
    Blog/Website: http://gaikokunehikaru.blogspot.com/

Opinions, please? EDIT: Colored now.

Post by Hika421 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:31 pm

It's not great, but meh.

And, it's in black and white because I wanted to make sure it wasn't...

1. Unoriginal
    2. Appearing to be copying someone else's design
    3. Lame

... before I put it into color.

This base was used.

And, the ears are inspired by Chachamaru of Negima.

Last edited by Hika421 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total

irei1as

Notes : 1007

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Valen Sodebades
    Blog/Website: www.youtube.com/user/irei1as

Re: Opinions, please? EDIT: Colored now.

Post by irei1as on Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:11 pm

If you don't make her blonde I think the design may be ok. But keep in mind there are over one thousand UTAU so she looking a bit like other is going to happen. Probably the only hairstyle not used by females of UTAU is the bald head one (and not sure if Suzakuppoid has a gerderbend!).
    Also keep those very long bangs as some may look very similar with shorter ones. I'm not very sure of the super long ponytail, but, uh, no idea.

If the dress is like this -shape, not colour, of course- then i think it's quite original -I can't think on many UTAU with that-, but I'm not sure if it's apropiate for a young character (too much skin being displayed? *shrugs*).

I think the problem can come if you decide to make her dress totally pink. As there is an UTAU with a similar pink fashion.

Well, that's what you asked.
    Lame? I wish I were able to draw half as good, heh. I can't give you a real veredict, sorry.

Now, I can't draw even if my life would be saved by it so I doubt my opinion is worth something but let me you point a pair of technical issues about your image.
    lame drawing critique you may ignore:

Hey, overall is a nice picture. It could seem plain but that's normal because she hasn't colour and shadows, isn't it?
    You may want to ignore this as you didn't asked for it and really the shadow and colour is something that matters here.

Let me try to point you some things I would change. But feel free to ignore them. I'm in really no position of telling you anything about drawing.

If the dress is made with fabric then I think it needs to crease more or it looks too plain (probably you'll do that with some shadow). But if the material is like plastic (kinda like one of those futuristics suits of the old movies) then it's ok but remember to give that characteristic "shining" when colouring it.

Is the dress is like this -shape, not colour, of course-? If it is then I think the piano board around her chest needs some more volumne to define better the separation between dress and skin. But maybe isn't need after you colour it, of course. Just a bit of shadow may be ok.

I like her hairstyle around her head. Good job there.
    Maybe the bangs should be a little more "messy". They're too parallel and it makes it look like if they're wet after a sudden rain. I hope you understand what I mean, uh. I'm sorry I can't help you more precisely.

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say about the ponytail. I think it doesn't match the way the short hair is done... hmm, how to tell it... it's like if it were a different kind of hair.

Maybe the shoes need some details but nothing fancy, I guess.

Well, I think that's all the points I can think of about the drawing.

PeppermintCereal

Notes : 845

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: PC-loid (PC = my initials)
    Blog/Website:

Post by PeppermintCereal on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:59 pm

irei1as wrote:If you don't make her blonde I think the design may be ok. But keep in mind there are over one thousand UTAU so she looking a bit like other is going to happen. Probably the only hairstyle not used by females of UTAU is the bald head one (and not sure if Suzakuppoid has a gerderbend!).
    Also keep those very long bangs as some may look very similar with shorter ones. I'm not very sure of the super long ponytail, but, uh, no idea.

If the dress is like this -shape, not colour, of course- then i think it's quite original -I can't think on many UTAU with that-, but I'm not sure if it's apropiate for a young character (too much skin being displayed? *shrugs*).

I think the problem can come if you decide to make her dress totally pink. As there is an UTAU with a similar pink fashion.

Well, that's what you asked.
    Lame? I wish I were able to draw half as good, heh. I can't give you a real veredict, sorry.

Now, I can't draw even if my life would be saved by it so I doubt my opinion is worth something but let me you point a pair of technical issues about your image.
    lame drawing critique you may ignore:

Hey, overall is a nice picture. It could seem plain but that's normal because she hasn't colour and shadows, isn't it?
    You may want to ignore this as you didn't asked for it and really the shadow and colour is something that matters here.

Let me try to point you some things I would change. But feel free to ignore them. I'm in really no position of telling you anything about drawing.

If the dress is made with fabric then I think it needs to crease more or it looks too plain (probably you'll do that with some shadow). But if the material is like plastic (kinda like one of those futuristics suits of the old movies) then it's ok but remember to give that characteristic "shining" when colouring it.

Is the dress is like this -shape, not colour, of course-? If it is then I think the piano board around her chest needs some more volumne to define better the separation between dress and skin. But maybe isn't need after you colour it, of course. Just a bit of shadow may be ok.

I like her hairstyle around her head. Good job there.
    Maybe the bangs should be a little more "messy". They're too parallel and it makes it look like if they're wet after a sudden rain. I hope you understand what I mean, uh. I'm sorry I can't help you more precisely.

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say about the ponytail. I think it doesn't match the way the short hair is done... hmm, how to tell it... it's like if it were a different kind of hair.

Maybe the shoes need some details but nothing fancy, I guess.

Well, I think that's all the points I can think of about the drawing.

YOU LINKED MY THREAD.

And yes, she would look a heap like Pinku.

Hika421

UTAU Information

Post by Hika421 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:30 am

Colored and edited.

But... still too big. Please view it in full.

EDIT. It was replaced. Darn tinypic....

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hika421 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:43 am; edited 2 times in total

MillyAqualine

Notes : 2148

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Sanloids and more
    Blog/Website:

Post by MillyAqualine on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:56 am

Woh, she's cutie !

Hika421

UTAU Information

Post by Hika421 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:04 am

Thanks. X3

MillyAqualine

Notes : 2148

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Sanloids and more
    Blog/Website:

Post by MillyAqualine on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:10 am

And for once time, pink x black pairing doesn't disturb me x') (because this black is like anthracite grey, and this shade of pink isn't too violent for it)

zin

Notes : 4252

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 120loid
    Blog/Website: 120loids.tk

Post by zin on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:17 pm

i like how her colors are the same as the utau program xP

edit:
    well almost xP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:43 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:43 am