Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
mya
Zeny
Asteriski
Ezri
smeen
HonG-t
.amuletdream
Misha
taiwonton
LupinAKAFlashTH2
산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi)
ThePianoChan
scarfu
mystsaphyr
캉다님(KANGDANIM)
19 posters

Regarding our relations with the Korean community

Regarding our relations with the Korean community Empty Regarding our relations with the Korean community

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:28 pm

After putting myself on a lack-of-sleep-induced bitchy rant on Twitter last night (which I sincerely apologize about), it's some to my attention there is still a serious misunderstanding regarding what's going on between us and them.

The Naver forums are by default user-locked and as far as I know it's impossible to unlock the entire forums themselves, just individual topics (which I profess even I have no idea how to unlock those). The only redistribution issue we've had was when they believed we were redistributing publicly distributed UST files, which we weren't doing. Still, the situation was misinterpreted as then being clingy and unwilling to let us have them.

As to the separation of the communities understand that the language barrier is a large issue. There is nothing stopping us from making overseas Naver accounts and joining them but that, and likewise many of them can't speak English. Currently I'm trying to extend an invitation for them to come join the forums but I can't speak Korean. Likewise I encourage many here to make Naver accounts and try to talk to them, and I will assist anyone who needs help making an account.

Also, I would like to explain the situation regarding user-locked threads and redistribution and encourage then to give us access, but once again I cannot speak Korean. I would appreciate assistance.

KANGDANIM, Rukia-nim, and Hong-t-nim are currently trying to help us bridge the communities, and Sansyo-nim and I have Naver accounts. Please remember that they are overseas users too.
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)

Notes : 73

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 便音ヌキ(VCV working)/ BIRANG(최비랑)
    Blog/Website:

Regarding our relations with the Korean community Empty Re: Regarding our relations with the Korean community

Post by 캉다님(KANGDANIM) Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Ttubi-nim also registered here, but she can hardly speak English. Yup, it's a Language barrier ㅠㅠ.
    If i heard(read??) right, Ttubi-nim will release her voicebank on NND soon, and she is also going to distribute her USTs again. well, she didn't say exactly 'where', but i hope she meant both, here and KUUC.

What we use(and maybe you would use) is the google translate thing, and it goes so awful because of some grammer and/or spelling mistakes. Well, i think that's one of the problems.

Yes, if you need any help in something related to Korean website or language, I would be so happy to help you!!

Plus plus. if you register KUUC, you will see some cute people trying to speak in English!! seriously they are so cute I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Regarding our relations with the Korean community Empty Re: Regarding our relations with the Korean community

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Haha, I already registered an account and someone said she just took an English test and didn't want to speak of her score. ^^
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by 캉다님(KANGDANIM) Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Yeah that was fun lol aren't they so cute???

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Anyway I just want to be able to communicate and not be so isolated from each other so...I'll make some statements
    mystsaphyr
    mystsaphyr
    Forum Designer

Notes : 1392

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: UTAU XYZ
    Blog/Website: http://utau.krystalixa.com

Post by mystsaphyr Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:12 pm

I'll just throw this out there, but seeing all the drama leftover on Twitter last night really depressed me. I had recently seen the Korean community's reaction to my Matryoshka UST thanks to Aster and they all seemed really grateful... I honestly can't see them being that possessive about their own USTs without any reason if they act so pleased and excited when we release ours.

I will be watching this topic. If anything happens like on Twitter, if it gets down to insults, this thread will be locked and a public apology to the Korean community will be made. We've already mildly screwed up our relationship with Japan in many ways, don't let us do it to the rest of Asia, guys.

(Someone asked about what I said above on Skype, so I'll clarify: in terms of 'mildly ruining relationships' I'm talking mainly with the sheer amount of crappily made lame attempts of UTAUs posted on nico with base edit designs that just ASK for trolling, and I guess moreso the MMD community stuff going on since I know some users have been guilty of MMD stuff too. Oh, and we also ticked off VO, though they're not necessarily Asian-only of course, they are another online community and we can't forget that.)
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by 캉다님(KANGDANIM) Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Uh...i don't know what to say. I've read most of Twitter things, and now i feel so weird. So i don't know what i will write, please filter them...thanks.

What I think about That UST issue is, since they are new to be redistributed overseas, you should've ask them for agreement.. but HonG-t did little too much reaction. I think she could just notify that Ttubi's angry, but she became too emotional. So, both guilty.(just my judgement.. you may think differently.)

And, as i said above, Ttubi-nim will release her voicebank on NND soon, and she is also going to distribute her USTs again. well, she didn't say exactly 'where', but i hope she meant both, here and KUUC.

At least I, and hopefully other Koreans, want to have a good relationship with this forum. thanks.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:39 pm

KANGDANIM I apologize for the twitter drama and I hope it doesn't offend you.

I think the issue was that they weren't used to hardcore redistribution rather than forum post linking and it caused overreaction. As far as I know, Ttubi-nim didn't know I was only linking to posts and not hard-redistributing, and the fact she plans to distribute helps her case. But HonG-t I think is worrying a bit too much about what we're doing ><
    scarfu
    scarfu

Notes : 1411

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kanbine Hayari/Kamene Kasui/TATARI
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:16 pm

What the hell have we done to Japan to screw up that relationship? .____.

Japan is INCREDIBLY supportive of Overseas UTAU -- a HELL of a lot more than Overseas is supportive of /Japanese/ UTAU -- so if anything's stressed it's one sided. ._.

Annnnnywho, it's not like this is the first time this has happened with the Korean community though. .___. I don't remember exactly what went down (orz bad memory = bad argument orz if anyone knows what had happened let me know XD It was like in May/June), but like, during my first month here in the fandom, I remember CLEARLY that something like this had happened and Korea had been acting like a bunch of snobs...

Now you see, I would like for us all to get along -- UTAU is a program for making friends and stuff like that, but the thing is, I'm not going to sit here and let double standards fly without feeling irked or having my opinion of them drop. Like Myst said, they seem ALL fine and dandy to use OUR usts, but when we use theirs, a doggy-woggie-poo is flipped? That's the most doublestandard bullshit I've ever heard. ._.

Though I think at this point you're beginning to blow a small argument on twitter way out of hand. ._. Like, I don't think this thread was necessary, and certainly you have no need to be offended, because twitter arguments happen ALL the time. XD It was a small problem, everybody is over it, and the relations between us are going to go back to what they were (stressed or otherwise) regardless of this thread or not.

Also, I'm not saying this out of spite by any means, but I really don't consider the Korean community overseas. XD; By all technical means they are, but Korea has their own community -- furthermore, they spend more time interacting with the JP community rather than the overseas community, so it's hard to associate with people who have nothing to do with us. XD They do their own thing, so I consider them their own comm.
    ThePianoChan
    ThePianoChan

Notes : 3020

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website: http://thepianochan.blog125.fc2.com/

Post by ThePianoChan Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:44 pm

For language barriers, I recommend www.livemocha.com I know this is kind of random, but it's a free language learning site. And it might help ALL language users. OUO; just thought I'd throw it out there.

@ mention of UTAU users using JP UTAU

If I COULD then I would use them, My old laptop will not support it, Not even with Jap locale. :c

Same problem for VCV/Korean VBS. ORZ..I DL them and there is something in the OTO or Files that breaks my UTAU trust me If I could use them, I would. There are so many I want.

Last edited by ThePianoChan on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi)
    산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi)

Notes : 838

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 歌音山将
    Blog/Website: http://kimsansyo.blog128.fc2.com/blog-entry-3.html

Post by 산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi) Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:46 pm

ㅎvㅎ;; *Glad he only talks about UTAU in forums*

Korean users and English users have a different mentallity when it comes to stuff like this. From what I've seen most english users are eager to share USTs in attempt to get more known/popular (by spreading their name along with their UST... however this causes problems when people don't "credit" the maker.)
    Most Korean users- When they finish a UST, they keep it, because it's their own hard work, and don't want strangers to take credit, and share it mainly with only people that they know. (This causes problems when a UST is made known to people that the maker doesnt know however-- andthelanguagebarrierhardlyhelpsatallbtw)

So its not that koreans are "snobby" or "low-standard" likescarfusaidhnnngg;;; its just different ways of thinking.

Saying Japan supports overseas utau is an understatement btw. There's people that enjoy foreign banks, and then theres people that troll or ignore them... But I'm not saying nico users are against overseas either. (It's about equal both ways imo)

...And the korean community is just as overseas the english. Theres about the same number of users that actually speak japanese in both communities. The way scarfu said it, I could easily say "English isn't overseas, they mainly keep to themselves or interract with japan than talk to korea"

English =/= THE Overseas community

... ... ... ... ㅎvㅎ;;;
    /alwayscontradictingscarfuplz;;;
    scarfu
    scarfu

Notes : 1411

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kanbine Hayari/Kamene Kasui/TATARI
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:56 pm

I wasn't implying that English = the overseas community. XD

But what I mean by the overseas community is basically this forum right here. There are people ALL over the world in this forum, henceforth overseas. ._.

I figured it was a different mindset thing, but the thing is you can't expect to have people NOT get upset, you know? XD They're so willing to use ours but not distribute theirs? It may be their personal choice but people's NATURAL response's to that are to think of that community as snobs. XD;

Also I'd like to state I'm not fighting with anyone! ;w; People in this fandom tend to take debating as fighting which .. oxo [/flops on sansyo ;w;]
    mystsaphyr
    mystsaphyr
    Forum Designer

UTAU Information

Post by mystsaphyr Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:55 pm

scarfu wrote:
    But what I mean by the overseas community is basically this forum right here. There are people ALL over the world in this forum, henceforth overseas. ._.

Mostly-English-speaking community, you mean.

The French have their own forum too. So are they also not overseas? The Koreans aren't the only ones to have a "separate" feeling community, not by far ;u; In fact we're more in touch with them than the French one, I bet.

And from what I see so far, this was a localized incident. Maybe 3-5 people involved in withdrawing distribution. That doesn't count as an entire forum or an entire country.

But then I am uneducated in the incident as a whole, I only know what I've observed on here and Twitter.

Hoowwwwwever, if it's true, with that logic, because Reni withdrew distribution of one of her USTs that she requested not be used with Tei, and Luna has made anti-Tei stamps in response to her release, then OBVIOUSLYYYY the entire overseas community thinks Tei is a -bad thing-.

(I apologize for using you guys as examples but it was the first thing that came to mind orz)

Of course now I must correct one of my statements from before. I know many of the Japanese are supportive of overseas banks and overseas users, but there are still the trolls, and there will always be the trolls. But that also points to grouping together an entire community as one single mindset is inaccurate. There are users who think one way, and users who think another way, and sometimes they come in conflict. Like now, OTL

OTL I sound so scatterbrained editing so much... forming thoughts into posts is difficult when one has had 3 hours of sleep the night before...

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Thank you Syo-nim and Myst >< I'm having problems articulating what I want to say lately...

And last time I checked the majority are willing to share and distribute their work, it's not like they're all holding back their work as a whole. So you can't just call them collectively hypocritical or snobbish.

And they are overseas. Because being on this mainly English-speaking forum doesn't define us as Overseas.

Oh, and insulting them only gives them reason to hate us because it makes conflict worse. I think KANGDANIM's hurt by the drama so...
    ThePianoChan
    ThePianoChan

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:

Post by ThePianoChan Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:45 pm

ouo; thought;

NVM stupid:

Sorry stupid thoughtnvm ORZ

Last edited by ThePianoChan on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid idea...)
    mystsaphyr
    mystsaphyr
    Forum Designer

UTAU Information

Post by mystsaphyr Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:51 pm

Well, since even stickied threads constantly get updated, that idea is highly unlikely... ;u; Sorry~

It's not stupid though, it'd hopeful... if there was a way that we could have a horde of interpreters/moderators for various languages on the forums it'd be awesome. But again, highly unlikely :C
    ThePianoChan
    ThePianoChan

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:

Post by ThePianoChan Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:00 pm

That's why I recommended www.livemocha.com. The free language learning website,...
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:00 pm

@ Language barrier thingy

Thank you, Piano-chan, for mentioning www.livemocha.com. ^o^ I use it myself for lessons, as well as Rosetta Stone. It's also great because you actually get others that are fluent in a language to read your work and evaluate your progress, so you catch on sooner. owo

@ The rest of this deal (Personal opinion please- don't kill me)

Agreeing with Sansyo, mindsets aren't all the same. So what if we on this forum distribute our USTs? That doesn't mean those in the Korean forum are going to distribute their USTs.
    This doesn't go beyond a theoretical point, however.
    The fact isn't "All users on the English-overseas UTAU forum distribute USTs and all users on the Korean-overseas UTAU forum don't". There's no way to prove that. In fact, that's way off. I really doubt EVERYONE on both forums do those respective things.
    For example, I am absolutely positive I won't distribute every single one of the USTs/VSQs I make, because I'd feel that I spent of lot of hard work and used a lot of my own time on them. Then again, someone else might release all of their USTs.
    Eh.... Now I don't have much else to say. But assuming we all think alike is not the right way to think of things.
    taiwonton
    taiwonton

Notes : 650

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kirine Tsubaki & JUN/SHUN
    Blog/Website: http://www.poploids.zzl.org/index.php

Post by taiwonton Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:34 pm

This is just a sideliner's observation, so I apologize, I’m going off on an incomplete viewpoint. But if you’ll hear out what I’ve gathered from simply sitting on the bench, I think perhaps the reason why there might be a large "gulf" felt between the Korean community and communities of countries in "The West" (and our lovely Indonesians of course) is perhaps because everyone seems to be stretching themselves to learn Japanese, and very few users are applying themselves to learn Korean or English within either community? (I can’t speak for the Korean community, but I’ve met far more Korean users who can speak Japanese as compared to English. Though of course this is undoubtedly because Asian languages are easier to learn for those who have roots in another Asian language.) Regardless, I think this lack of an effort on both communities parts- as a whole – is what causes us to feel so distant from each other? Aster and KANGDANIM and SYO and the lovely users who are working their butts off to bridge the difference are wonderful, but I think if it’s not a whole community effort, the gap is just that much bigger…?

Like, I know I haven't had very many run-ins with Korean users because I simply cannot speak coherant sentences in Korean- but I've had many pleasant run-ins with Korean users who speak fluent Japanese. (HARI-san for example.)

But you know, I think the different customs in Korea is a very valid point. Perhaps users in the West are less accustomed to Korean customs as opposed to Japanese customs? For example, most people are aware that -san is a polite suffix that should be attached to most anyone's name that equates to "Mister" or “Miss”, but I for one, forgive my ignorance, haven't the slightest lick of an idea as to what -nim means. (Same general thing, I would assume...?)

I think as SYO-san said, it is more because we don't understand each others' customs. After that comes the language barriers. It is the language barriers that keep us from being able to explain said customs and their differences. (But seeing as we are speaking in English here, can someone tell me this –nim business? I don’t want to refer to anyone as –nim without knowing what it means and end up looking like a foolish ignorant. orz)

That said, I think this entire argument is based off of a reaction (a seemingly entirely misunderstood reaction at that,) from a very small group of Korean users, and in my personal opinion, that's not quite enough to label the entire community as a group of people who 'dun did wrong'. That would be like the entire Western community being labeled as mannerless hooligans in lieu of some of our more notoriously rude users' actions. I know I wouldn't like being blamed for someone else's actions, so I think rather than extending this to the entirety of both communities, I think it should be made clear to both sides that this argument was something caused by only a small handful of people who weren't, like, elected to take up the tome of their community and say "I represent everyone in this part of the world." I think that’s part of what’s blowing this entire situation so out of proportion… xD;;

Sorry this post is so long- I'm used to writing long recitations for staff affairs on big forums, and you get your butt flamed to Mars if you don't write something that took you at least an hour to compose.... orz;; I hope I made sense and wasn't just floundering around in my ignorance. ;u;;;

tl;dr: We live in a world that's getting smaller and smaller, so let's understand that we all have differences in what is "OK" and what is "Wrong" and be a happy family?

Spoiler:
    Misha
    Misha

Notes : 2890

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/

Post by Misha Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm just trying to figure out why someone wouldnt want to give their ust to the public xDD
    I mean, don't you get a happy feeling when you see others use your ust ;~;?
    If you just keep it to yourselves then I feel like all that hard work is very fleeting.

I can... sorta understand not wanting 'n00bs' to use it and mess it up... but thats not really fair to everyone else.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:57 am

Well, remember values are very different in Korea...people value hard work as a personal virtue. You may not get it, but I've been there.

-nim is like -san except used more universally. The other option, -ssi, is more on an "equal" level and is about as distant as you using it for your coworker. Hence why they're Rukia-nim, KANGDANIM, and Sansyo-nim.
    taiwonton
    taiwonton

Notes : 650

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kirine Tsubaki & JUN/SHUN
    Blog/Website: http://www.poploids.zzl.org/index.php

Post by taiwonton Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:00 am

Ohh I see! So, naturally, I wouldn't refer to myself as -nim, same that I wouldn't refer to myself as -san, right?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:04 am

You could, but in things like usernames (like people calling themselves "Miss ______" or like me being "Fuzzle-san".
    But in real life context, not a good idea.
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by 캉다님(KANGDANIM) Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:35 am

Agree with Misha even though I'm Korean XD
    I would love my USTs to be used!!!1 just if there's my name mentioned.
    Well, I think they were just angry about copying links of their USTs which they wrote "not to redistribute", not because people are using their USTs.. XD

And about the 'nim' thing, Koreans almost always put 'nim' after other's name in internet. when they are SUPER friendly, they take off the 'nim' and just call each other's name.
    .amuletdream
    .amuletdream

Notes : 199

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Tori Chang/Tony Chang
    Blog/Website: http://luminate.blog132.fc2.com

Post by .amuletdream Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:49 am

@misha: I think that they probably want to keep it to themselves to make their version more unique. Kinda like a...singing style. If everyone uses the ust, the originality in the stringing or whatever would be lost and because lots of people use it, it becomes more 'normal'...and stuff. /not the best at explaining opinions orz

but then again, this is what I'm guessing so I'm probably wrong, haha.

[offtopic]

@taiwonton: wait, there's a chinese community? Although I probably wouldn't go there much, would it be okay if I asked for the link? =w=;;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am