Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
ayame_nakamura
hello8bit
Psycho↑ ↓
Trempush
smeen
Nanashi_Zokune
Aline
taiwonton
Kitsumeira
Mametchi
Chasing Fireflies
Haloheroine
vio.
Ezri
ThePianoChan
PaintedCz
Subarashiki
Cody-Tailor
zin
LupinAKAFlashTH2
mystsaphyr
25 posters

Well, there you guys have it.

zin
    zin

Notes : 4252

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 120loid
    Blog/Website: 120loids.tk

Well, there you guys have it. - Page 2 Empty Re: Well, there you guys have it.

Post by zin Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:59 pm

eh w/e chat box will be back when its ready to be back, for now i am going to go eat to deal with the loss ;o;
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:02 pm

o.o Yikes, I wonder what happened?

-waves goodbye to chatbox-

And I agree that it might help to have more mods around, if just to keep an extra eye out so this kind of thing doesn't happen.
    Mametchi
    Mametchi

Notes : 32

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Satori Jaku
    Blog/Website: http://jaku-kun.blogspot.com/

Post by Mametchi Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:13 pm

I was starting to enjoy the chatbox, oh well. But I wonder what happened. ._.
    Kitsumeira

Notes : 95

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Kitsumeira Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:20 pm

This is saddening, just when I was going to use it.... Oh well, at least whatever happened will stop happening.

Last edited by Kitsumeira on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:28 pm

...I must have the world record for having the position of shortest chatbox mod on record.
    taiwonton
    taiwonton

Notes : 650

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kirine Tsubaki & JUN/SHUN
    Blog/Website: http://www.poploids.zzl.org/index.php

Post by taiwonton Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:18 am

I also am disappoint to see it go- seeing as I , like everyone else, was just getting into it.

But I'd just like to say, as a member who has no issues with the amount of mods we have now but would rather encourage that we all gain a few maturity levels and govern ourselves as we should, the practice of referring to your own credentials to promote your abilities as a moderator is extremely counterproductive. Any ex-staff member of a forum that was worth anything, as you all seem to have been, knows that suggesting themselves as a good candidate is a sure-fire way to lose your candidacy. It implies that you are out for the title, rather than looking to help the community. Those who become the best mods haven't simply done the job elsewhere- they demonstrate an obvious desire to be in the community, which in laymans terms, means you DON'T need to say it out loud, because the current staff should be able to SEE it in action. The need to recommend yourself as someone who helps out a lot and is active is unnecessary if you are really fit for the position.

Excuse my rant, but it is my pet peeve when people shoot off about why they would make a good mod. *facepalm* Like, I don't see how this kind of behavior benefits anyone on either side. Perhaps it was not my place- or if it is preferrable, a relocation may be necessary- but this seems to be a popular practice on OSUF, and I really wish something would be done to discourage it.

Spoiler:

zin
    zin

Notes : 4252

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 120loid
    Blog/Website: 120loids.tk

Post by zin Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:33 am

i agree with tai on the maturity levels, like the main population on here is 15-22 lets try to act like mature adults on here more often, even i need to act more mature when it comes to what i say here and how i act
    Aline
    Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Post by Aline Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:53 am

I agree with everything.

This is the reason on why I don't want to be a mod. It involves responsibility, which is something I severely lack with myself, let alone with a place that has hundreds of members.

One should ask themselves before candidating themselves to be mods: "Am I responsible with my own life?" "Am I a good leader?" "Do I care equally about all the other members?" If the answers are honestly "I try to be", "I'm not sure" and "well, the collective is the most important part of a forum, I could try it", they are elligible for that. I'll explain why.

- For "Am I responsible with my life", the answer can't ever be a definite "yes". Why? We're not perfect and make mistakes. But those who try to be responsible know that they must minimize it as much as possible. Whoever answers for sure ends up actually being more irresponsible than they could ever think.

- For "Am I a good leader?", the answer can't be a complete affirmative, either, because it implies cockiness. It implies that you think you're better than the others, therefore, being naturally a good leader. Most people who are sure of themselves being good leaders are, in most cases, jerks, or just not as good as they think they are.

- For "Do I care equally about all the other members?", it's obvious that if you see the most logical conclusion ("the collective is the most important part of a forum", since, you know, forums are collective), you can be sure this person thought on other people. And for the second part, "I could try it", is honesty, pure and simply. It's obvious that we don't care equally about every single person in a community, and whoever says that they do is blatantly lying. But as a mod, you need to be impartial, or at least try it.

Of course, everything I said above can be a steaming pile of bullpoop, but it's something I've noticed on people. Those who answer things with the most certainity are usually those who take the most rushed, messed-up decisions or have the most inflated egos. While taking quick decisions nowadays is appreciated, balance things out and pondering before is something we all should try to do as much as we can. Everyone is prone to errors, but they happen way less when we decide on stuff. (And even that way, you can screw yourself grand if you take the wrong step, I talk from experience. OTL)
    Nanashi_Zokune
    Nanashi_Zokune

Notes : 2032

Post by Nanashi_Zokune Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:01 am

aww i just got back D: what all happened?
    ThePianoChan
    ThePianoChan

Notes : 3020

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website: http://thepianochan.blog125.fc2.com/

Post by ThePianoChan Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:29 am

I love you aline, so hard. FFfff
    mystsaphyr
    mystsaphyr
    Forum Designer

Notes : 1392

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: UTAU XYZ
    Blog/Website: http://utau.krystalixa.com

Post by mystsaphyr Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:02 am

@taiwonton I have to say I agree with everything you just said. It's a pet peeve of mine too, and while I appreciate enthusiasm, I wish I could be sure it's for the right reasons. I don't want the @ sign to go the way of the P name xD *shot*

As for information about the prospective new forums, so far this is what we can tell you:

• We're looking into Invisionfree as an option. It's the same system that VocaloidOtaku used.
    • There is most likely NOT a way to import accounts and/or posts to the new forum. We might have to go the way of a "forum archives," again like VO did, and lock this forum down for login but keep all posts visible.
    • The move won't happen until Halo and I have completely set up the new forum, layout and all, and that might take a whiiiiile xD

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 am

...eh...I really don't like InvisionFree...but it's your decision. -shrug-

I am very responsible with admin/mod powers in places where I have them, but it's not out of being good with power, it's because it's a very scary thing that I am too afraid to even touch let alone abuse.
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:58 am

Aw man, the chat was MY HOME!

I hope the ones responsible feel sorry.

Aslo, I don't wannba be mod here. NEVER. You guys need way too much attention. I don't even like the drama as a regular member.
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3530

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:18 am

I've decided InvisionFree won't really work. Looked into it, has some great features... But the lack of a halfway decent domain name and pretty-making features throws me off.

I mean, do we really want http://z15.invisionfree.com/overseasutau/index.php as our name? OTL

I /kinda/ want to go buy a domain name and get a proper website, but right now I'm only young and have no income. *sigh* A mod can dream, no?

*goes to check up on other websites*
    Nanashi_Zokune
    Nanashi_Zokune

Notes : 2032

Post by Nanashi_Zokune Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:23 am

what about this?
    http://www.phpbb.com/

and this a sample of how the layout is done and a visible chatbox even guests can see.
    it's the old RO server i, aele and yoru came from.
    http://apocalypse-ro.net/forums/
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:30 am

That's decent... Hm. *plays with*
    ...No.
    "HTML in posts: No"
    ...Unless someone's edited the code to allow this, I-I don't think I could live with that.
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:45 am

*intentionally spams Halo*

What about this one? http://www.forums-free.com/en/
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:47 am

Seems okay, so far...
    Uh... *plays with*
    ...It has MASSIVE ads. D;
    Subarashiki
    Subarashiki

Notes : 755

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Reim
    Blog/Website: Coming soon!
    Status: Reim: Almost done! --- Nai Seibetsu: Just Starting!

Post by Subarashiki Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:21 am

I think Invisionfree is probably the best you're going to get, for what you're looking for, I'll be honest. I believe there are codes for shout/chatboxes that can be implemented, too.
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:22 am

Nah, there's a few that do practically the same things but with actual subdomains. I'd rather one of those.
    Trempush
    Trempush

Notes : 893

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Trem, Travis, and Adele
    Blog/Website: http://trempushjones.blogspot.com/
    Status: Trem v2.0 WIP, Independent Travis WIP, Adele v1.0 complete

Post by Trempush Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:01 am

Wow, I fell asleep after I saw the chatbox gone. I thought it was just my internet being stupid X[

Goodbye, chatbox! :'(
    Psycho↑ ↓
    Psycho↑ ↓

Notes : 867

Post by Psycho↑ ↓ Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:08 am

Myst, I'd hate to say that, but if you and the other mods just delete something that doesn't work out well, soonly there will be none of the forums left...
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:10 am

Uh, that's how Moderating works. That's how most of life works, really.
    Chat box was a privilege, some of you abused that privilege, so it's gone now.

Haven't you had something similar happen to you at home or school? I know I have.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:22 am

^ I thank you @ Halo.
    mystsaphyr
    mystsaphyr
    Forum Designer

Notes : 1392

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: UTAU XYZ
    Blog/Website: http://utau.krystalixa.com

Post by mystsaphyr Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:17 am

Haloheroine wrote:I've decided InvisionFree won't really work. Looked into it, has some great features... But the lack of a halfway decent domain name and pretty-making features throws me off.

I mean, do we really want http://z15.invisionfree.com/overseasutau/index.php as our name? OTL

I /kinda/ want to go buy a domain name and get a proper website, but right now I'm only young and have no income. *sigh* A mod can dream, no?

*goes to check up on other websites*

There's a thing called .co.cc and I thiiiink you can use with them. I've used it before with other sites, it's free and pretty clean looking.
    How's Overseas-UTAU.co.cc sound compared to that?

Also if a forum is any good, HTML -doesn't- work on it. HTML screws things up. BBcode is what we use here and what works in forums xD

But lack of pretty-making features makes me sad :C

Hey, how about Zetaboards?

Pros:
    • Custom profile fields (we can keep the UTAU info section)
    • Co.CC domain name usage

Cons:
    • I'm not sure if it works with Cbox yet, looking into that.

Psycho↑ ↓ wrote:Myst, I'd hate to say that, but if you and the other mods just delete something that doesn't work out well, soonly there will be none of the forums left...

As Halo said, that's the way it works. I'd given you guys warnings already that if I didn't stop hearing reports of people talking about others behind their back or people being harassed in there, I'd remove it. And I've now followed through with that.

The chatbox was pretty much un-moderatable the way it doesn't save messages. The forums, however, are. I can call someone out on the forums. If enough people misbehave on a thread, I can lock it.
    But if people are being harassed in the chat I have no way of seeing all that went on and making proper judgment, then it's best that we nip it in the bud and take the whole thing down to prevent it from happening.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 am