Zeny
    Zeny

Notes : 1239

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Zeny
    Blog/Website: http://zenywolf.deviantart.com

ITT: Zeny needs a reclist Empty ITT: Zeny needs a reclist

Post by Zeny on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:27 pm

So I want to start recording and well I need a CV reclist, preferably something that covers everything I need for a regular voice bank.

While we're on this topic, could I get a reclist for Teto's lite bank?

Romaji is preferred.

Last edited by Zeny on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    suthethird
    suthethird

Notes : 961

ITT: Zeny needs a reclist Empty Re: ITT: Zeny needs a reclist

Post by suthethird on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:53 pm

OREMO comes with a nice reclist, actually.
    However, I would never ever suggest using a lite list for triphones. It just annoys me when I have to use a lite list.

Take the time to use a standalone list. It's so much nicer.
    Zeny
    Zeny

UTAU Information

Post by Zeny on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:01 pm

suthethird wrote:OREMO comes with a nice reclist, actually.
    However, I would never ever suggest using a lite list for triphones. It just annoys me when I have to use a lite list.

Take the time to use a standalone list. It's so much nicer.

Except, Ameya made that style of voicebank himself, so I'm sure it will suffice. Besides, I've heard some amazing stuff coming from Teto using that bank.

Also, the Ritsu stand-alone style bank would take like at least 100 years to configure it's OTO.

If my UTAU manages to become widespread and used often, then I would consider a stand-alone. For now, though, I'd like to play it safe.
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3535

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:57 pm

I highly recommend, that if you are going to use a lite reclist, use Soras otos rather than Tetos.
    ...In fact, use Soras method of adding all the CV voice bank notes to the VCV voice bank will make it stand alone enough for it to work.

Teto is one of the reasons why VCV haters hate VCVs, though.
    Her otos make her slurry and horrid really. >__>;

Ritsus list is much better, because it has "n shu", "n ra", "o si" and "i tu" etc. It has fully usable voice bank with VCVs, rather than half a VCV voice bank and a bunch of CVs.

Also, both of these (the full OREMO reclist and the Teto reclist) are in the reclist download thread. =___=
    It's there for a reason.

Also, if you had looked in your OREMO directory (or at least downloaded it to have a see what all the fuss is about if you don't use it), you'd see that both the reclist-renzoku (Tetos list) and reclist (full japanese reclist) are in there. :'|

EDIT:
    Also, I see no logic in the above statement.
    If your UTAU is not user friendly from the start, then it will not get many users >_<;; trustmeIknowthesethings.

On that note; I'd suggest using the romaji translated CV reclist, so more people can use your UTAUloid. Just add the Hiragana aliases straight away (seriously, for convenience of being able to configure as you find you need to, I would add the aliases as soon as you import your UTAUloid into UTAU since most USTs are in Hiragana.

EDIT 2:
    Never use a romaji VCV list.
    They are so inconvenient you have no idea (sorry Myst, Sourbet, anyone else who uses them).
    The plugin is really the easiest way to make a VCV ust, and it doesn't work on romaji. D:
    Zeny
    Zeny

UTAU Information

Post by Zeny on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Haloheroine wrote:I highly recommend, that if you are going to use a lite reclist, use Soras otos rather than Tetos.
    ...In fact, use Soras method of adding all the CV voice bank notes to the VCV voice bank will make it stand alone enough for it to work.

Teto is one of the reasons why VCV haters hate VCVs, though.
    Her otos make her slurry and horrid really. >__>;

So, what exactly do you mean by adding Sora's CV bank to the VCV? You mean, moving all of the CV samples and frq. files to the same folder?

Also, both of these (the full OREMO reclist and the Teto reclist) are in the reclist download thread. =___=
    It's there for a reason.

Oh.

Right. Whoops!

EDIT:
    Also, I see no logic in the above statement.
    If your UTAU is not user friendly from the start, then it will not get many users >_<;; trustmeIknowthesethings.

What I meant was, I don't want to go into a Ritsu style bank if people don't like the voice, I would have done all the work for nothing. Hence, why I want to test the waters first with a lite bank.

EDIT 2:
    Never use a romaji VCV list.
    They are so inconvenient you have no idea (sorry Myst, Sourbet, anyone else who uses them).
    The plugin is really the easiest way to make a VCV ust, and it doesn't work on romaji. D:

Will do.
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:08 am

You should probably test the voice with CV rather than lite. XD Easier.

:'C Oh, and I meant "like what soras did"
    I mean when you've finished the voice bank, copy the CV bank (Frqs and wavs) into the VCV bank.
    Then when you've done that, open the otos in notepad and copy the contents of the CV voice bank into the VCV voice banks otos (being careful not to overwrite anything).

Because that's what users need to do when they use lite banks. More convenient if the configurer (what?) adds them together in the first place.
    Zeny
    Zeny

UTAU Information

Post by Zeny on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:26 am

Haloheroine wrote:You should probably test the voice with CV rather than lite. XD Easier.

:'C Oh, and I meant "like what soras did"
    I mean when you've finished the voice bank, copy the CV bank (Frqs and wavs) into the VCV bank.
    Then when you've done that, open the otos in notepad and copy the contents of the CV voice bank into the VCV voice banks otos (being careful not to overwrite anything).

Because that's what users need to do when they use lite banks. More convenient if the configurer (what?) adds them together in the first place.

Alrighty, will do! Thanks, I found the reclist too. Although, you recommended recording the VCVs in hiragana. How did you know what sounds in the reclist were what? Or did you reference from another voice bank and listen to it?
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:16 am

...What do you mean?
    I read the reclist XD
    Find a hiragana > romaji list if you can't already read it (I'd recommend learning |: It's not that hard; just a syllabary, a smallish one at that).
    But yeah. Having the voice bank on hand to check if you're reading it right/pronouncing it right is always a plus though.

Also, are you using OREMO or Audacity?
    Zeny
    Zeny

UTAU Information

Post by Zeny on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:08 pm

Haloheroine wrote:...What do you mean?
    I read the reclist XD
    Find a hiragana > romaji list if you can't already read it (I'd recommend learning |: It's not that hard; just a syllabary, a smallish one at that).
    But yeah. Having the voice bank on hand to check if you're reading it right/pronouncing it right is always a plus though.

Also, are you using OREMO or Audacity?

OREMO, because Audacity is more like Crashacity amirite?

What if I recorded in Romaji and renamed the files into hiragana manually before making their frq files?
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:57 pm

:'CCC That doesn't work with VCV.
    With CV it's fine because you can just alias it, but with VCVs it's really easier if you can just copy paste otos, without having to rename 130+ sounds.

It would be easier to just use romaji for CV, then alias it in hiragana.
    and for VCV, just use a hiragana chart and look off that until you recognise the symbols. I learned a large part of the Japanese syllabary I know from trying to read Japanese manga with a hiragana chart, so yeah XD

Also, you'd need to find a romaji VCV list.
    Which is a setback on its own :'C
    Zeny
    Zeny

UTAU Information

Post by Zeny on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:09 pm

Haloheroine wrote::'CCC That doesn't work with VCV.
    With CV it's fine because you can just alias it, but with VCVs it's really easier if you can just copy paste otos, without having to rename 130+ sounds.

I mean, renaming the VCVs before I even touch them with UTAU. I don't think it should make much of a difference if I did it that way. But then, one must wonder, would naming them in hiragana not isolate people who don't have app locale from using Zeny?

It would be easier to just use romaji for CV, then alias it in hiragana.
    and for VCV, just use a hiragana chart and look off that until you recognise the symbols. I learned a large part of the Japanese syllabary I know from trying to read Japanese manga with a hiragana chart, so yeah XD

Also, you'd need to find a romaji VCV list.
    Which is a setback on its own :'C

I've got the romaji VCV list covered, no worries there. And no worries, I will put aliases.

Humm...is it possible to alias a VCV?
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:24 pm

*facepalms a little*
    VCVs ARE aliased. That's how they work. :'CCC
    Buh, I still think it would be far easier reading it straight from hiragana instead of renaming everything (because that does take a while), and I knew you meant before you touched it in UTAU. It's just inefficient.

But yeah, because VCVs are said as "aaiauea" and the name of the file is that, what you do is basically... Ah god.
    Look, open up a VCV bank in UTAU, and press ctrl+G.
    that should open the Voice bank settings.

See how every file is copied a couple of times and then aliased as "a a", "a i" etc?

Yeah. Basically, you just copy in otos from a voice bank that uses the same reclist as you, and then when you open up UTAU, it should automatically have the oto settings and aliases done fore you.

...That said, the oto settings will need to be changed.
    Leave everything alone except for the first cut off zone. If the otos you copied are done correctly, when you move the first cut-off zone, every other setting with move with it. Move the fist cut off zone until the red line is just after the consonant/just before the vowel.

:'C I hope this makes sense, its 9:30am here, and I'm still kinda tired.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Hm. So. Zeny. You're wondering about whether or not to name VCV samples in Hiragana or not.

Well, here's MY logic, hope it makes sense to others.

Romaji names are able to be accessed by EVERYONE in the UTAU community. Whereas hiragana names and katakana names are not usable by 75% of the UTAU community.

In other words, Romaji is seriously the best way to go, even if "Hiragana is more convenient" is the case. Main reason being everyone can use the bank.

As far as aliases go, they are how VCV works. However-
    In order to ALIAS VCV like you can alias CV, you have to duplicate the aliased diphone sample. (like a a for instance) Then, rename the alias alone. (to a a(hiragana)) There you go. Triphones in romaji AND hiragana.
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Ah, that makes sense...
    Would take ages though x___x
    I should do that sometime, but I'm so not re-recording my VCVs AGAIN. That would make, like, the seventh time, AND I wouldn't be able to just copy oto settings.

So yeah. Only his CVs will be available to everyone |: Too freaking bad.

I seriously think that until a plugin is made for romaji VCVs, it's inconvenient anyway, and I'd rather use Hiragana.
    Just how I prefer stand alone banks to lite. =\

I should learn how to make plugins. That way I could make life easier for everyone and make a Hiragana to romaji plugin and a romaji CV to romaji VCV plugin plz. x__x The I wouldn't be so against making VCVs in romaji.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:57 am