All these people quitting...

    Share

    Poll

    Say something to these people that are quitting?

    [ 4 ]
    31% [31%] 
    [ 5 ]
    38% [38%] 
    [ 1 ]
    8% [8%] 
    [ 3 ]
    23% [23%] 

    Total Votes: 13

    KanashiiNoNeko

    Posts : 633
    Notes : 1646
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2010-02-02
    Age : 105
    Location : Under my lil' shell C=

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Ameashi Kurako
    Blog/Website:
    Status: configuring triphones. forever. OTL

    All these people quitting...

    Post by KanashiiNoNeko on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:15 pm

    A lot of very nice people I know here are...quitting!
    I think it's...pretty sad...
    I don't want to be mean, or anything, but it's mostly of our fault!
    Just like Annamaeblythe, Atoms2ashes, etc. I've already talked to them, and they don't seem to be bad people! Most of us are just like... "OMG it's [rand]someone[/rand]!!!" let's -insertactionhere- ...
    I'm super sad that you guys even got suicidal thoughts in Ato Onii-sama (*shot a million times?*)'s head...

    Aline

    Posts : 862
    Notes : 2582
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2010-01-14
    Age : 29
    Location : Rio de Janeiro

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM
    Status: V1 Complete, V2 awaiting

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by Aline on Sat May 01, 2010 12:14 am

    I'm one of the few people who still speak to Jose, and bop his head when he's misbehaving XD

    Some people quit because they're tired and bored, others quit because they dislike some parts of the community... And others prefer to quit for health/family reasons.

    And there are people who quit because they aren't popular enough, but I kinda despise them. Seriously? UTAU shouldn't be a popularity contest... If you want competition, try to make it an uniqueness competition instead, everyone wins in the end XD

    Haloheroine
    Moderator

    Posts : 1098
    Notes : 3535
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 21
    Location : Australia.

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by Haloheroine on Sat May 01, 2010 2:03 am

    ...I wish I had gotten to know Jose... ^^;;
    Mae can be a downright bitch sometimes.
    But shes nice a lot...

    ...But I mostly agree with Aline here c:

    어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi)

    Posts : 748
    Notes : 2094
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 25
    Location : No matter where you are... Everyone is always connected. - Lain

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project Infininate Nocturne
    Blog/Website: http://projectinifinatenocturne.webs.com/
    Status: UNDER CO.

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by 어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi) on Sat May 01, 2010 2:48 am

    Neko I hate to say this but Jose... Gets like this once or twice a month. Ive had to talk him out of it alot. I love him i really do but there is only so much you can handle.
    ANd I dont hate or like mae. But I know that she has done alot to give the mods and admins reason to ban her. you werent around during that time and i was it was not fun.
    everyone was scared to post cause if you said one wrong thing... well she would rant for an hour at you ^^;;

    Spoiler:

    But there isnt much we can do. I mean with I finish ALL MY UTAULOIDS Im leaving. I just dont care for the overseas community like i used to. Its gotten corrupt and dead. I hate it when I need help and no one WANTS to help and complains about having to help. the only people who really have helped me are Halo Misha Myst Skye Luna and a few others but i feel like im being push out of the community little by little. If it hasnt changed by the time i finish all my utauloids... I will say goodbye.

    o_o ehehheheheh crap ^^;;; I got off topic i think.

    But I do know that those two people have done things to get this I hate to day this about Jose cause hes my little brother and I love him alot but its become hard to talk to him with out him ranting about wanting to die or killing someone. =( I just want a normal conversation for once. Im going to end this cause i feel like im talking in circles or something o_o

    Crossfrown

    Posts : 241
    Notes : 994
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2010-03-04

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Crossfrown
    Blog/Website: http://crossfrown.blog126.fc2.com/
    Status: Complete

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by Crossfrown on Sat May 01, 2010 3:35 am

    I kind of wish people would stop calling it ~the community~ and that they feel like they ~just don't fit in~.

    It's a fandom. A self-constructed, self-contained fandom. If you're only in it for the popularity or friends, then you shouldn't be surprised you're not getting what you want from it.

    I feel like the only person in the entire overseas community that likes UTAUs because making them sing is fun.

    어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi)

    Posts : 748
    Notes : 2094
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 25
    Location : No matter where you are... Everyone is always connected. - Lain

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project Infininate Nocturne
    Blog/Website: http://projectinifinatenocturne.webs.com/
    Status: UNDER CO.

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by 어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi) on Sat May 01, 2010 3:48 am

    Crossfrown wrote:I kind of wish people would stop calling it ~the community~ and that they feel like they ~just don't fit in~.

    It's a fandom. A self-constructed, self-contained fandom. If you're only in it for the popularity or friends, then you shouldn't be surprised you're not getting what you want from it.

    I feel like the only person in the entire overseas community that likes UTAUs because making them sing is fun.

    you just used the "community" anyways Im not in it for friends but im not in it to be treated like dirt either.
    This is the first place ive actually TRIED to know people cause i dont really trust people. its hard thing for me. but Im not going to be treated wrong because i need help. thats not right.-sighs- I was always in this for me... cause its fun. But i did make friends and all of a sudden its like i did something wrong and im abandoned. -.- anyways this wasnt really important XD just me explaining myself

    Crossfrown

    Posts : 241
    Notes : 994
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2010-03-04

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Crossfrown
    Blog/Website: http://crossfrown.blog126.fc2.com/
    Status: Complete

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by Crossfrown on Sat May 01, 2010 4:04 am

    I use "community" in the barest sense of the word; like when you're talking about hot guys with glasses and you're writing a paper at the same time and when you look over the paper again you realize you've just written "Thomas Edison stole numerous things from other scientists, most famously the glasses".

    You hold a splendid argument, but it all falls to pieces when you're expecting to acquire friends from a bunch of random people with a common interest on the internet, and that you comment on being treated like dirt despite this forum consisting of the kindest, funnest, and most open group of people I have ever seen.

    Everyone who leaves that don't have reasons that include "not interested anymore", "don't have time for it", or "have to focus on RL issues" is instantly entitled to me.
    (unless I'm forgetting another perfectly legitimate reason.)


    Also can people please stop posting wank bait "why isn't this fandom a utopia" posts, it's getting a bit silly.

    어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi)

    Posts : 748
    Notes : 2094
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 25
    Location : No matter where you are... Everyone is always connected. - Lain

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project Infininate Nocturne
    Blog/Website: http://projectinifinatenocturne.webs.com/
    Status: UNDER CO.

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by 어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi) on Sat May 01, 2010 4:14 am

    Crossfrown wrote:I use "community" in the barest sense of the word; like when you're talking about hot guys with glasses and you're writing a paper at the same time and when you look over the paper again you realize you've just written "Thomas Edison stole numerous things from other scientists, most famously the glasses".

    You hold a splendid argument, but it all falls to pieces when you're expecting to acquire friends from a bunch of random people with a common interest on the internet, and that you comment on being treated like dirt despite this forum consisting of the kindest, funnest, and most open group of people I have ever seen.

    Everyone who leaves that don't have reasons that include "not interested anymore", "don't have time for it", or "have to focus on RL issues" is instantly entitled to me.
    (unless I'm forgetting another perfectly legitimate reason.)


    Also can people please stop posting wank bait "why isn't this fandom a utopia" posts, it's getting a bit silly.

    No one expects to make friends. It just happens just as it happens people hate you for no reason or love you for no reason. Its how life is. making friends in reality or over the computer just happens you cant choose who you end up trusting and who you dont. =3 Its life. ^^;

    Skye
    Admin

    Posts : 465
    Notes : 1424
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2010-01-08
    Age : 20
    Location : Guam

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hitori Kanane
    Blog/Website: N/A
    Status: Act 2 Betaing. Trying to make her Korean compatible.

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by Skye on Sat May 01, 2010 6:08 am

    I really have nothing to say to this ^^;
    It seems everyone either doesn't really care about the topic or complains about the community here. I don't really see too much wrong with it. With the exception of a few members, everyone seems to be nice and helps each other out when possible. Constructive criticism is not bashing and people take offense (I guess this is what happens?)and THEN it turns into a bash fest. I think that we just need to accept the criticism and try to make our utau's better ^^ Since we do this for ourselves and not to please others, anyway. It's really up to you. Just don't be a jerk about it.

    MariRoseTair

    Posts : 130
    Notes : 409
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 27
    Location : A tiny little island next to the Uk

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:
    Status: Looking for the right VCV reclist... @_@

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by MariRoseTair on Sat May 01, 2010 7:26 am

    Crossfrown wrote:I kind of wish people would stop calling it ~the community~ and that they feel like they ~just don't fit in~.

    It's a fandom. A self-constructed, self-contained fandom. If you're only in it for the popularity or friends, then you shouldn't be surprised you're not getting what you want from it.

    I feel like the only person in the entire overseas community that likes UTAUs because making them sing is fun.

    ^^^ This this this this

    Sure making friends can and will happen, But Imo, whining because certain people don't want to know. Is a little bit ... well.. dumb.
    So's bitching about someone because they don't conform to the "everyone must be a happy flower" or don't like you.

    Just ignore them, it's so easy to do on the Internet. By talking about them allot, your just giving them more excuses to troll you if you keep talking about them behind their back in a passive-argessive way.

    I belive the expression is "Haters gonna hate"

    As for people leaving, meh, it's their choice and we can't force them to stay.
    Sure it sucks having a friend leave the fandom, but heck, their's skype, msn and other places to talk to them if you really like them. c:

    and I like Mae, c: She may have her moments, but she's one of the few people that will give me an honest yet blunt answers on what I can do to make Siana sound good, 'cause part of my fun is making Siana good.

    keitocchi

    Posts : 73
    Notes : 309
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2010-03-08
    Age : 22
    Location : TENNESSEEEEE.

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuuta Warune
    Blog/Website: http://waruneyuuta.blogspot.com/
    Status: VCVs? Maybe?

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by keitocchi on Sat May 01, 2010 7:32 am

    I did not intend to hop into the fandom.
    I did, I like it here, I'm staying.

    If you don't like it, quit, idec. If you think everyone here sucks but you like doing things in UTAU, go 'head. Not one person is going to stop you.

    That's what it's all about in the end, I think. It's a program-based fandom, not a community. UTAU isn't here because of the forums, the forums are here because we all like playing with UTAU, yeah?

    /endrant

    suthethird

    Posts : 286
    Notes : 961
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2010-04-11

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by suthethird on Sat May 01, 2010 10:35 am

    Just my two cents-
    Some people have left because they put so much work and effort into their voicebank, but it gets looked over for banks that aren't nearly as high of quality.
    When people can't give good, constructive criticism on it, they tend to make up things that are either A) hard to do and not worth it or B) just stupid things to do that will make it worse if followed through with, and they act as if the bank is just... awful when you spent so much time and effort on it... The worst is that you can't find a way to fix it, because there is no real way to make it better that you can really figure out.
    But you see a bank that was thrown together in a night or two that just sounds bad being praised and adored and all of that...
    You just want to get away from that.

    MariRoseTair

    Posts : 130
    Notes : 409
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 27
    Location : A tiny little island next to the Uk

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:
    Status: Looking for the right VCV reclist... @_@

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by MariRoseTair on Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 am

    suthethird wrote:Just my two cents-
    Some people have left because they put so much work and effort into their voicebank, but it gets looked over for banks that aren't nearly as high of quality.
    When people can't give good, constructive criticism on it, they tend to make up things that are either A) hard to do and not worth it or B) just stupid things to do that will make it worse if followed through with, and they act as if the bank is just... awful when you spent so much time and effort on it... The worst is that you can't find a way to fix it, because there is no real way to make it better that you can really figure out.
    But you see a bank that was thrown together in a night or two that just sounds bad being praised and adored and all of that...
    You just want to get away from that.

    That's completely understandable, and.. so's leaving because your experiance has been nothing but dealing with the soicaly awkward immanture people, who need to have their hands held and told that they don't fail.
    Communities pop out from fandoms all the time. and making friends is part of the parcel.

    But if people are honestly tired and no longer find the fandom, the comunties fun. then they shouldn't stay as it's in unfair to them to stay in something they don't like.
    Join another coumunity, stay touch with the people you like.
    ignore the trolls and the attention seekers, even if they have more views then you.

    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 25
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by xLei on Sat May 01, 2010 3:33 pm

    I admit it, when I first joined this community, I wanted to get popular but then I realized that was a really stupid thing of me to think.

    UTAU should be for fun, not getting popular and thanks to talking to several members, I realize that now.

    I admit it, Vista is not the greatest UTAU out there, but with hard work and dedication, I'm going to make her awesome and for fun. I'm not doing this for anyone else, I'm doing this for myself. Because I enjoy singing and UTAU (more specifically Vista) represents that desire I have to sing for others.

    Mae can be nice but it's her superiority/god complex that gets on my nerves about her. Nothing bugs me more than a person who thinks their opinion is the only opinion that should matter because they self proclaimed themselves to be a "master".

    There will always and have been people who are better than you. That's just how life is.

    If you meet someone who's better than you, don't get discouraged! Just try harder!

    I do understand wanting to give up though. I really do. I mean, I felt like giving up on Vista various times because I felt she wasn't perfect or didn't meet the standards of the more well known UTAU. But encouragement and support are what lead me to think "F popularity. I should be doing this for fun!"

    That's why I'm not giving up. Because I won't let go of that desire to show the world what I can do.

    I'm not trying to be the best, I just want to show people that singing is my passion and UTAU helps me do that.

    This sounds so corny I know...

    Nanashi_Zokune

    Posts : 998
    Notes : 2032
    Reputation : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-02
    Age : 29
    Location : Arlington,Texas

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by Nanashi_Zokune on Sat May 01, 2010 3:43 pm

    it feels like this topic is going in circles and sounds no different than a thread i had made once about people ignoring and ostracizing others (not the new post but the old post i had). ari and feli both felt ostracized by this forum and feli never came back because of how alone she felt here (yes now you know the other person i was trying to help feel welcomed here like ari). it seemed to work for awhile, but then everyone goes back to doing the same thing again, no one helping them, harsh mean comments about them and NOT constructive criticism =/

    i'm still mostly the go between to help them out a lot of the time and i've been learning along with them too, in fact i think i might be capable of working on my own oto now from watching halo and ari work on them. i want to help people and whether we like it or not this is a community of people and people in general will need help from time to time i find it wrong to just ignore the ones that need help and yell at them to "do it yourself!"

    so yeah that's my opinion on this matter =/

    MariRoseTair

    Posts : 130
    Notes : 409
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 27
    Location : A tiny little island next to the Uk

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:
    Status: Looking for the right VCV reclist... @_@

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by MariRoseTair on Sat May 01, 2010 4:03 pm

    Perhaps something would get done...

    if these people where a: Named
    b: Name the people who are breaking the rules/making people feel upset,

    Not publicly but to a mod or admin who can then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

    IMO, I don't think I've seen anything posted where people got publicly and rudely flamed in threads asking for help..
    and if you see people getting bashed.. report. Mods and admins can't do a thing if you don't acutaly speak up, this is not a schoolyard, nobody can do a thing to you if you talk. and nobody's gonna look down anybody for being a "tattle-tale"
    Except for random Mae bashing... imo two wrongs don't make a right.. just because she might be doing thigns outside of the fourm does not mean they should be brought into the fourm... you know..

    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 25
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by xLei on Sat May 01, 2010 4:25 pm

    ^ I know that at other forums where I was at (not UTAU related) but members didn't speak up because the admins/mods wouldn't do a thing to a member that was their friend.

    I don't think that should be fair. Everyone should get a warning, whether you're good friends with them or not.

    I don't think anyone was bashing Mae but simply stating things that do bother them about her.

    I don't think saying she has a god/superiority complex because they've experienced it on the forums is bashing. It's stating an direct issue with the members.

    And Mae HAS done that on the forums in case you forgot the "Question for the female 'male' voicers" or something similar thread which actually involved the discussions of triphones.

    She quote unqoute when someone told her that it's not the only option to to triphones in their normal singing voice
    "Excuse me, but I'm Anna Mae Blythe."

    Spoiler:

    THAT is a god/superiority complex. And that's probably one of the things that seem to get on people's nerves about Mae.

    And no one's bashing her. I don't know why you claim we are. Unless we're literally calling her names and flaming her (i.e. "MAE SUCKS" you get the point) I do not believe that we are bashing her.

    Back to topic:
    As far as I'm concerned, they can quit if they like but it's not about getting popular it's about fun. If they're quitting because they don't have popularity, then that's just lame.

    KanashiiNoNeko

    Posts : 633
    Notes : 1646
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2010-02-02
    Age : 105
    Location : Under my lil' shell C=

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Ameashi Kurako
    Blog/Website:
    Status: configuring triphones. forever. OTL

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by KanashiiNoNeko on Sat May 01, 2010 5:33 pm

    Aline wrote:And there are people who quit because they aren't popular enough, but I kinda despise them. Seriously? UTAU shouldn't be a popularity contest... If you want competition, try to make it an uniqueness competition instead, everyone wins in the end XD

    Aline, i seriously love you!!

    MariRoseTair

    Posts : 130
    Notes : 409
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 27
    Location : A tiny little island next to the Uk

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:
    Status: Looking for the right VCV reclist... @_@

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by MariRoseTair on Sat May 01, 2010 5:36 pm

    Except's she's been banned.. so.. She is an ex member, So houldn't be spoken off...
    I'm not and never said she's perfect or without fault.
    and.. imo, talking about someone negatively.. while they can't respond.. is a kind of bashing in it's self. Their no longer apart of the fourm in order to stop that. so .. no more bringing it up yes...


    Anyway... @_@ ... I'll stop now because it's getting very off topic.

    Also pervious experiances on a DIFFFERENT fourm should not stop someone reporting. that is event more unfair because it's basicly telling the mods there that you don't trust them to do their job. Also if mods are acting that why.. tell the admin or just leave if that doesn't work..

    Just because one fourm with completely different members of staff where bad.. doesn't mean this fourms staff members are bad.

    Aline

    Posts : 862
    Notes : 2582
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2010-01-14
    Age : 29
    Location : Rio de Janeiro

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM
    Status: V1 Complete, V2 awaiting

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by Aline on Sat May 01, 2010 5:39 pm

    ...

    How this became a conversation about Anna Mae Blythe, I don't know... .____.' *Trying to put it back to its rails*

    But yeah, I'm with Crossfrown, Keito and xLei. The community/fandom/whatever should be here more for fun, help trading, and to know news than to try to be popular and stuff. It feels good to be appreciated, it's really easy to make friends when you try to be happy and helpful, but when someone becomes too self-centered, it's time to step down a bit and cool their heads; after all, it's just a fandom, right? :3

    Personally? I don't want to force people to stay. If they're simply bored with the fandom, or need to solve RL issues, it'll become a chore to them, and nobody wants to see it happening, right? These people can still chat with friends, and might even return someday. But making UTAU some sort of forceful chore for these people will only drive them away even more.

    To be a bit off-topic, Jose got banned due to an overreaction he had, and I e-bopped his head for that so much I think he isn't even talking to me anymore... =A=; (BTW, I'm worried, he has not been onine lately... Did he block me, or...? ;A;)

    And Amaya, thank you really much for agreeing with me, but all my posts are just humble opinions (unless when quoted from something else or based in facts from other places, then, it's particular to other people), and I'd never, ever put it as the absolute truth XD


    Last edited by Aline on Sat May 01, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

    KanashiiNoNeko

    Posts : 633
    Notes : 1646
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2010-02-02
    Age : 105
    Location : Under my lil' shell C=

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Ameashi Kurako
    Blog/Website:
    Status: configuring triphones. forever. OTL

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by KanashiiNoNeko on Sat May 01, 2010 5:45 pm

    MariRoseTair wrote:Except's she's been banned.. so.. She is an ex member, So houldn't be spoken off...
    I'm not and never said she's perfect or without fault.
    and.. imo, talking about someone negatively.. while they can't respond.. is a kind of bashing in it's self. Their no longer apart of the fourm in order to stop that. so .. no more bringing it up yes...

    She just posted here, in this, not really long ago.

    @xLei: I want to ask you 1 thing. How can it get into a discussion if there's only one person that talks about the subject? xD

    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 25
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by xLei on Sat May 01, 2010 6:03 pm

    @ Mari: She's here and she posted here while ago.

    @ Neko: That's because someone already mentioned her and it started from there, if you check back posts, you'll see what I mean and many people mentioned her indirectly.

    @ Aline: You mean xLei, Vista is my UTAU. xD

    Basically, if people just want to leave, no one's gonna stop them right? I'm kinda tired of like, getting stressed over other people |:

    I know it's a terrible thing to say but I'm just sick of it really. I love them and all but you can't also expect people to like, cheer up the minute you say something. They gotta find they're own ground.

    Chasing Fireflies

    Posts : 1161
    Notes : 2912
    Reputation : 72
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 23

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by Chasing Fireflies on Sat May 01, 2010 6:06 pm

    MariRoseTair wrote:IMO, I don't think I've seen anything posted where people got publicly and rudely flamed in threads asking for help..

    Seconded, I've never seen anything like this happen. =/ Even when someone's giving criticism I've only ever seen it be constructive. Ari or Nanashi, could you maybe give an example of what you're talking about? Maybe it was just a misunderstanding. I really hope there's no one actively trying to ostracize and ignore people, that's just cruel. =( Like Mari said, if there are people making other people feel unwelcome (by flaming or otherwise) we should do something about it.

    Yes, sometimes people make threads asking for help on something and nobody really posts in them, but it's not always that they don't want to help, sometimes it's that they can't. Like, for example, I don't usually post in other people's art request threads because I can't draw, and I don't want to clog up the thread if there's nothing I can do to help. ^__^;;

    Going off that, umm... I know I'm not the most perceptive person in the world, but it seems to me like almost everyone here is really helpful and nice. =) I understand that some people might get bored of the community because they feel like they don't fit in, and if they don't want to come here anymore, that's alright. But I really don't anyone to have such a bad experience here that it totally ruins UTAU for them. It's supposed to be fun. T__T

    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 25
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by xLei on Sat May 01, 2010 6:16 pm

    Chasing Fireflies wrote:Seconded, I've never seen anything like this happen. =/ Even when someone's giving criticism I've only ever seen it be constructive. Ari or Nanashi, could you maybe give an example of what you're talking about? Maybe it was just a misunderstanding. I really hope there's no one actively trying to ostracize and ignore people, that's just cruel. =( Like Mari said, if there are people making other people feel unwelcome (by flaming or otherwise) we should do something about it.

    Yes, sometimes people make threads asking for help on something and nobody really posts in them, but it's not always that they don't want to help, sometimes it's that they can't. Like, for example, I don't usually post in other people's art request threads because I can't draw, and I don't want to clog up the thread if there's nothing I can do to help. ^__^;;

    Going off that, umm... I know I'm not the most perceptive person in the world, but it seems to me like almost everyone here is really helpful and nice. =) I understand that some people might get bored of the community because they feel like they don't fit in, and if they don't want to come here anymore, that's alright. But I really don't anyone to have such a bad experience here that it totally ruins UTAU for them. It's supposed to be fun. T__T

    ^ THIS THIS AND THIS.

    That's why I don't help with anything on UTAU or art because I simply don't know how D|

    Skye
    Admin

    Posts : 465
    Notes : 1424
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2010-01-08
    Age : 20
    Location : Guam

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hitori Kanane
    Blog/Website: N/A
    Status: Act 2 Betaing. Trying to make her Korean compatible.

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by Skye on Sat May 01, 2010 6:31 pm

    I apologize for not being an active mod for a month or so, My school had me going from SAT10s to the Science Fair and now to finals day to day and week to week. It's been kind of hectic. However, Arissa has been keeping me updated, and from the scanning that I've done last night it seems that Myst is doing a pretty good job; the few loose ends have already been sent in for discussion to the other mods.

    However, it seems that I'm failing to see what you are complaining about? I'm pretty much the most mis-informed person on the forum right now so..

    /But to me it seems like most of the issues rise from constructive criticism without tact and misunderstandings |D/

    Sponsored content

    Re: All these people quitting...

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:09 am


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:09 am