Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
annamaeblythe
vio.
Catarsis
Carnivoro
8 posters

What is an Oto.Ini?

Carnivoro
    Carnivoro

Notes : 144

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MAVloid. CO, "ZSloids".
    Blog/Website:

What is an Oto.Ini? Empty What is an Oto.Ini?

Post by Carnivoro Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:05 pm

How do you make or what is an oto.ini file? o-o;;
    Catarsis
    Catarsis

Notes : 1916

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

What is an Oto.Ini? Empty Re: What is an Oto.Ini?

Post by Catarsis Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Carnivoro
    Carnivoro

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Carnivoro Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:24 pm

I want to thank you for that. I'm carefully reading it; however I don't see how to exactly make it. That tutorial really just immediately tells you how to transfer... Or configure the settings for that. D8
    vio.
    vio.

Notes : 2459

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: D:-Loids
    Blog/Website: http://dloids.blogspot.com/

Post by vio. Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Whenever you mess with a setting within the audio, it creates the file.
    Carnivoro
    Carnivoro

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Carnivoro Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:41 pm

vio. wrote:Whenever you mess with a setting within the audio, it creates the file.

Oh, well, OK. I'll come across it soon. ^^
    annamaeblythe
    annamaeblythe

Notes : 434

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: BLYTHE Anaka
    Blog/Website:

Post by annamaeblythe Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 am

vio. wrote:Whenever you mess with a setting within the audio, it creates the file.

.. What?

I think you're confused.
    To create the file, you have to go to the drop down where the thing a ma bob where you select voicebanks is. It's at the top of that dropdown menu that the other thing is at.
    (It's 3 AM and I configured three banks a few hours ago 8D Imma little loopy.)
    You pick that, and there's a huge grid. If you have a new voicebank with no OTO, it will have a lot of zeros on it.
    Aliases are sometimes the most important part of the OTO. The second most important (And if the bank is already in hiragana, the most imporant) is the blue. To see the blue, you have to click that long button thingy that's under all those white boxes that are under that grey box with the filename.

Okay, so you'll see this blue squiggledy looking thing. If the samples are loud, it will take up most of the white space. If they are soft, they will just be little squiggledy things. But! That squiggledy looking thing is really a blue line! That line goes up and down to map out your sound! Okay, it's a bad explanation. Anyway, it's the visual representation of a WAV.
    After doing this a long time, you'll be able to tell what a sound is just by what it looks like. With some voices, I can even tell the difference between an a and an u just by looking at it.

Okay! So the squiggledy is there! Click above the little red and green lines and drag over. You should drag over some pink. Do that again. You should drag over some blue! Drag the blue over all silences and other unnecessary parts before the actual sound. You can scroll to the other side of the window and click and drag THAT side of the window! Then you can cover all unwanted and unnecessary parts at the end! That tool is a lifesaver when using Oremo (:

Next is the pink!
    The pink is only on one side (the beginning.) You pull the pink to the stabilization of the vowel. Why? The pink is like an anchor. If the pink is covering something, UTAU will not stretch it. In LOKE's Ver 2.0, there are samples of LOKE's voicer speaking as LOKE. Since it would be awkward if LOKE ended up saying "maaaaaaaaatttttaaaaa kkkkkkkooooooiiii yoooooo", the pink was dragged to the end of the yo, so it was preserved as "mata koi yo", and if it was in a long note, the silence at the end would be stretched, so nothing really would be heard past what was supposed to be there.
    This is very useful! Without it, a long note will be played as "sssssssssssssssaaaa" instead of "saaaaaaaaaaa".

The next is the red bar. The red bar goes between the vowel and the consonant. Just put it there and don't ask why.

Green bar is overlap. It sets when the voice dissolves into the predeceasing or whatever. NO ONE ever gave me a good explanation of where to put overlap, so I just put it close to be beginning.
    ALWAYS but green BEFORE red!

Then just press the down button and do the next (: Then the next (: Then the next (: Then the next (: Until you've done them all!
    It takes me about two hours to do one bank, and I have this stuff basically memorized. It's time consuming, but worth it.
    Aisu
    Aisu

Notes : 2111

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Aisu Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:36 am

annamaeblythe wrote:

.. What?

I think you're confused.
    To create the file, you have to go to the drop down where the thing a ma bob where you select voicebanks is. It's at the top of that dropdown menu that the other thing is at.
    (It's 3 AM and I configured three banks a few hours ago 8D Imma little loopy.)
    You pick that, and there's a huge grid. If you have a new voicebank with no OTO, it will have a lot of zeros on it.
    Aliases are sometimes the most important part of the OTO. The second most important (And if the bank is already in hiragana, the most imporant) is the blue. To see the blue, you have to click that long button thingy that's under all those white boxes that are under that grey box with the filename.

Okay, so you'll see this blue squiggledy looking thing. If the samples are loud, it will take up most of the white space. If they are soft, they will just be little squiggledy things. But! That squiggledy looking thing is really a blue line! That line goes up and down to map out your sound! Okay, it's a bad explanation. Anyway, it's the visual representation of a WAV.
    After doing this a long time, you'll be able to tell what a sound is just by what it looks like. With some voices, I can even tell the difference between an a and an u just by looking at it.

Okay! So the squiggledy is there! Click above the little red and green lines and drag over. You should drag over some pink. Do that again. You should drag over some blue! Drag the blue over all silences and other unnecessary parts before the actual sound. You can scroll to the other side of the window and click and drag THAT side of the window! Then you can cover all unwanted and unnecessary parts at the end! That tool is a lifesaver when using Oremo (:

Next is the pink!
    The pink is only on one side (the beginning.) You pull the pink to the stabilization of the vowel. Why? The pink is like an anchor. If the pink is covering something, UTAU will not stretch it. In LOKE's Ver 2.0, there are samples of LOKE's voicer speaking as LOKE. Since it would be awkward if LOKE ended up saying "maaaaaaaaatttttaaaaa kkkkkkkooooooiiii yoooooo", the pink was dragged to the end of the yo, so it was preserved as "mata koi yo", and if it was in a long note, the silence at the end would be stretched, so nothing really would be heard past what was supposed to be there.
    This is very useful! Without it, a long note will be played as "sssssssssssssssaaaa" instead of "saaaaaaaaaaa".

The next is the red bar. The red bar goes between the vowel and the consonant. Just put it there and don't ask why.

Green bar is overlap. It sets when the voice dissolves into the predeceasing or whatever. NO ONE ever gave me a good explanation of where to put overlap, so I just put it close to be beginning.
    ALWAYS but green BEFORE red!

Then just press the down button and do the next (: Then the next (: Then the next (: Then the next (: Until you've done them all!
    It takes me about two hours to do one bank, and I have this stuff basically memorized. It's time consuming, but worth it.

^This.
    Gotta love the simpleness of otos... >_>
    Well actually they DO get pretty simple after a short while.
    vio.
    vio.

Notes : 2459

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: D:-Loids
    Blog/Website: http://dloids.blogspot.com/

Post by vio. Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:41 pm

Thats basically what I meant. I just have a funny way of using words.
    yesi-chan
    yesi-chan

Notes : 590

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Camila Melodía
    Blog/Website: http://camilamelodia.blogspot.com

Post by yesi-chan Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:30 am

Carnivoro wrote:

I want to thank you for that. I'm carefully reading it; however I don't see how to exactly make it. That tutorial really just immediately tells you how to transfer... Or configure the settings for that. D8

actually the tutorial DOES tell you how to make it.

"Well in UTAU go to Tools > Voicebank Settings (or ctrl + G) and you get this window..."

By going to that window UTAU automatically makes the file for you as soon as you click on the OK button. And then just follow the process in the tutorial. Then remember to click the OK button instead of just closing or else the settings wont save. However you could always just click File > Save on that window and then browse for a specific path but it's not really necessary since UTAU does that automatically. Sorry if I didn't make that clear in the tutorial but since it creates it automatically I didn't think it was necessary to mention it ^^;. Also an oto.ini file is the sound configuration file. It basically makes your UTAUloid sound nice or more human.
    annamaeblythe
    annamaeblythe

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by annamaeblythe Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 pm

yesi-chan wrote:
    Carnivoro wrote:

actually the tutorial DOES tell you how to make it.

"Well in UTAU go to Tools > Voicebank Settings (or ctrl + G) and you get this window..."

By going to that window UTAU automatically makes the file for you as soon as you click on the OK button. And then just follow the process in the tutorial. Then remember to click the OK button instead of just closing or else the settings wont save. However you could always just click File > Save on that window and then browse for a specific path but it's not really necessary since UTAU does that automatically. Sorry if I didn't make that clear in the tutorial but since it creates it automatically I didn't think it was necessary to mention it ^^;. Also an oto.ini file is the sound configuration file. It basically makes your UTAUloid sound nice or more human.

... I really have no idea what you're talking about, Yesi. I have a vague hint...
    But please, for the love of god, NEVER tell anyone to use the autoconfiguration tool for their OTOs x_x They're so screwed up, it's easier to just do it by hand in the first place.
    (But, at first I also thought that you were mistaken talking about FRQs, so...)
    yesi-chan
    yesi-chan

UTAU Information

Post by yesi-chan Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:39 pm

... I really have no idea what you're talking about, Yesi. I have a vague hint...
    But please, for the love of god, NEVER tell anyone to use the autoconfiguration tool for their OTOs x_x They're so screwed up, it's easier to just do it by hand in the first place.
    what do you mean with autoconfiguration tool? I'm just telling him that when you open that window it automatically creates the oto.ini file it's just not configured.  That has nothing to do with autoconfiguration.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:50 pm

yesi-chan wrote:

what do you mean with autoconfiguration tool? I'm just telling him that when you open that window it automatically creates the oto.ini file it's just not configured.  That has nothing to do with autoconfiguration.

She's talking about how you double-click somewhere in the window with all the values (not counting the values themself or the alias box (not the main piano roll or the interactive oto editor), which shows the same data as you'd find in the oto.ini, and it asks you something which I can't read (probably something among the lines of "Would you like to auto-configure these values?") and if you click "Ok!", it creates otos for EVERY file that doesn't have one yet.
    Misha
    Misha

Notes : 2890

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/

Post by Misha Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:59 pm

MAE HOW DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH <3

Also, the auto oto ini didn't really screw me up to bad. It's great for people who prefer a starting point for their oto ini. I would still be lost without it, actually. It showed me what exactly it did and by tampering with it I started to get better :3

Then again, I didn't have Mae's awesome post to help me out xD
    yesi-chan
    yesi-chan

UTAU Information

Post by yesi-chan Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:39 pm

LupinAKAFlashTH2 wrote:
    She's talking about how you double-click somewhere in the window with all the values (not counting the values themself or the alias box (not the main piano roll or the interactive oto editor), which shows the same data as you'd find in the oto.ini, and it asks you something which I can't read (probably something among the lines of "Would you like to auto-configure these values?") and if you click "Ok!", it creates otos for EVERY file that doesn't have one yet.
    Lol I've never used the autoconfiguration tool or tried to so I never knew it existed xD learn something new everyday Razz (It's nice to have a starting point)
    annamaeblythe
    annamaeblythe

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by annamaeblythe Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:28 pm

Sorry, Yesi. I realized what you meant after I reread your post for the tenth time.
    (I'm slow lately 8D;; )

In all honesty, in a lot of cases, it's harder to start with an autoconfig OTO than a blank OTO.
    I mean, when a bank has a sample that is completely in the blue somehow, it's usually impossible for me to figure out where the blue ends so that I can pull it back. In that case, I have to close out of the edit window and enter all the values as 0. Then I have to open the window and start over.
    While it isn't like that for all samples... Actually, I remember Hikari saying that Tei's autoconfig OTO was all in the blue.
    yesi-chan
    yesi-chan

UTAU Information

Post by yesi-chan Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:56 am

annamaeblythe wrote:Sorry, Yesi. I realized what you meant after I reread your post for the tenth time.
    (I'm slow lately 8D;; )

In all honesty, in a lot of cases, it's harder to start with an autoconfig OTO than a blank OTO.
    I mean, when a bank has a sample that is completely in the blue somehow, it's usually impossible for me to figure out where the blue ends so that I can pull it back. In that case, I have to close out of the edit window and enter all the values as 0. Then I have to open the window and start over.
    While it isn't like that for all samples... Actually, I remember Hikari saying that Tei's autoconfig OTO was all in the blue.
    That happens to me when I copy paste Camila's oto (I've done two other voicebanks with my voice as well as now that I re-recorded Camila so since it's my voice and I record similar everytime I figure it'd be easier to edit from there) But what you can do is just hit the "clear" button to reset everything or just type the values for offset and cuttoff as 0 but yeah it'd be annoying to have to do that for every value so it's best to start immediately from 0.  However I do suggest at least starting the cuttoff and consonant with fixed values (you can edit them all in bulk with setParam which comes with OREMO) Or at least it's easier for me to do that xD  That said... does anyone know how to get rid of the autoformatting thing, it's getting hard for me to post things if I can't see the code ;w; 
    Carnivoro
    Carnivoro

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Carnivoro Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:59 pm

This hurts my brain. OAO

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm