Recording a voicebank with a stuffy nose D;

BlackStatic
    BlackStatic

Notes : 236

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Ayla Kurone
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/aylatheraichu

Recording a voicebank with a stuffy nose D; Empty Recording a voicebank with a stuffy nose D;

Post by BlackStatic on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:13 pm

So I have one day left to record a voicebank for Ayla, and I'm just over a third of the way through. But ALAS! My throat has been blocked with pleghm and my nose is stuffy.
    I've been drinking water, using chest ointment and eating grapes to try and clear my throat a little, but it's going to require a lot of grapes to get as far as my "tou" file. So, whatdoidohelpnngh *dies*

Also; I have a Sony Handicam Camcorder with a built in mic, and I'm using that to replace my old microphone. It picks up my voice perfectly - almost too perfectly, tbh. It manages to pick up the slightest of vibrato, croakyness or slurr in my voice, no matter how clear I pronounce something. The mic is in... the side of the camera, or the front. But it currently sits about four and a half handspans away from me and still picks up the sound of my mouse clicking or someone talking/shutting a door in the other room.
    How do I fix this, while keeping the same clarity in my phonetics?
    Aline
    Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Recording a voicebank with a stuffy nose D; Empty Re: Recording a voicebank with a stuffy nose D;

Post by Aline on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:43 am

I should wait instead of continue recording; not because of sample clarity, but because recording gets uncomfortable in such conditions; also it might damage your vocal cords. Remember to always drink lots of water and ingest balanced foods; it might help. Avoid drinking soda, cold beverages, ice cream and eating sweets right before recording, as well as eating spicy foods; it affects a lot your throat, and singing in these conditions might cause trouble later.
    BlackStatic
    BlackStatic

Notes : 236

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Ayla Kurone
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/aylatheraichu

Recording a voicebank with a stuffy nose D; Empty Re: Recording a voicebank with a stuffy nose D;

Post by BlackStatic on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:20 am

Normally I would of waited it out as well, but because I actually have a deadline I'm trying to cure my throat into at least not sounding like it's shoved full of cotton wool.
    It has been getting a little better over the day, and that thing about spicy food is so true. I never did like spicy food. D;

Thankyou for the help though~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content