mugenginga
    mugenginga

Notes : 68

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Momoiro "Momo-chan" Kirane aka Melody Pink
    Blog/Website:

A concern about fanmade UTAUs Empty A concern about fanmade UTAUs

Post by mugenginga on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:27 pm

I hope this is the right place for this.... anyhow, a concern.

I can't sing. I'm not tonedeaf, or at least not according to the doctor people. I can hear tones just fine. I can't carry a tune to save my life, though. I've apparently got an alto voice and I don't do that well holding an alto tune. I fall right into soprano.

I'm hoping I can make an UTAU to do what I can not. SING. Can a non-singer create an UTAU? Or does one have to be able to sing without the program first? Cause if so, I'm screwed. XD

On a slightly related note: I'd love to make lots of UTAUs. But I have no idea how to not make them all sound alike. I've never really tried voice acting, so I'm not entirely sure how to make different voices. Let alone sing in them for the recording software. Any tips for that?

I'm rather new to UTAU and can seem quite the idiot. So please be gentle... Razz
    어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi)

Notes : 2094
    Location : No matter where you are... Everyone is always connected. - Lain

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project Infininate Nocturne
    Blog/Website: http://projectinifinatenocturne.webs.com/

A concern about fanmade UTAUs Empty Re: A concern about fanmade UTAUs

Post by 어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi) on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Well there isnt much singing with utau its just sounds if you can hold the same note for each sound your golden. I have trouble with that myself i have to listen to my earlier sounds to match. But Soprano or not you should be able to do it =3 If you cant you can get a voice donor its not you own voice but the utau design and everything is yours. =3 I dont know if I helped at all ^^;;; Im kinda just rambling at this point XD But if you need any help =3 We can all help you well most =3
    Catarsis
    Catarsis

Notes : 1916

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Catarsis on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Honey, I have the same problem.
    My voice is good but it's really weak. I'm a mezzosoprano so I can make high and low voices but, I can't stand singing a note for long time.
    But if you want to make an UTAU, having a powerful/resistant voice isn't necesary, because each phoneme must be 1 second long aprox. :D
    Good luck!
    annamaeblythe
    annamaeblythe

Notes : 434

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: BLYTHE Anaka
    Blog/Website:

Post by annamaeblythe on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 pm

mugenginga wrote:I hope this is the right place for this.... anyhow, a concern.

I can't sing. I'm not tonedeaf, or at least not according to the doctor people. I can hear tones just fine. I can't carry a tune to save my life, though. I've apparently got an alto voice and I don't do that well holding an alto tune. I fall right into soprano.

I'm hoping I can make an UTAU to do what I can not. SING. Can a non-singer create an UTAU? Or does one have to be able to sing without the program first? Cause if so, I'm screwed. XD

On a slightly related note: I'd love to make lots of UTAUs. But I have no idea how to not make them all sound alike. I've never really tried voice acting, so I'm not entirely sure how to make different voices. Let alone sing in them for the recording software. Any tips for that?

I'm rather new to UTAU and can seem quite the idiot. So please be gentle... Razz

Hi, I'm Anna Mae Blythe. I'm most known for designing Okiamiuta Ebi, but you may have also seen some of my work with LOKE. Oh, and I voiced BLYTHE Anaka.

There is no such thing as a fanmade UTAU.

When recording for UTAU, it is best to use your natural speaking voice.

A non-singer can easily create an UTAU. However, for it to be a human sounding UTAU, they must learn how to hold out a notes and remove vibrato. It's not hard if you just discipline yourself.
    (Recording UTAU is basically the opposite of singing. Singing is varying your voice for a nice effect. Recording for UTAU is keeping the same exact pitch, tone, and volume throughout.)

Make one. You are allotted one singing spleen. Bastardization and division of that spleen will make all results worthless in most cases. I can not name a single case where repetitive divisions was a good thing.
    (Now, making one or two little joke UTAUs is okay, but realize that if you don't put your FULL love into a bank, all the banks will just be "poot.")

Use OREMO.

Oh. And convert your computer to Japanese.

Realize this: An UTAU's samples generally can be anywhere from .3 seconds to 4.0 seconds (However, an UTAU techincally have much longer (or slightly shorter) samples). Most people prefer for the voicer to hold out the note for 2 seconds, because it isn't too taxing to load, but it keeps the humaness in the voice.
    Shorter samples tend to be stabler. However, banks with short samples tend to sound like other banks with short samples.
    It's a question of do you want a human UTAU, or a smooth UTAU? Do you want your UTAU to be more unique, or quicker to load?

Testing is one of the most important parts of making a bank. Before you start recording the bank, record different samples of yourself and see which types of voices are the best. If you like two different voices, you can include one of them as an append to the original bank.
    mugenginga
    mugenginga

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by mugenginga on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 am

To Arissa: Thanks! That was an answer to my question and a nice simple response. :3

To vodKata: Oh good. XD Yeah

to annamaeblythe: Okay, that's great for my first one, but I want to make different sounding ones. And I'd love to make a male bank, which pretty much requires me to "voice act" the recording. Telling me to only make one that works with my natural voice is far too limiting. I've seen lots of people who make lots of them, and I'm pretty sure mystsaphyr (sp? the forum creator) has more than one and hers are good. So making more than one isn't an automatic ticket to a lack of quality, they just take more work. I'll be honest and say I'm a little miffed with that part of your response.

On the terminology, sorry. XD Yeah, I know there's not such thing as a "fanamade UTAU" I made a blunder.

Notes : 2094
    Location : No matter where you are... Everyone is always connected. - Lain

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project Infininate Nocturne
    Blog/Website: http://projectinifinatenocturne.webs.com/

Post by 어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi) on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:36 am

mugenginga wrote:To Arissa: Thanks! That was an answer to my question and a nice simple response. :3

simple is good i guess. but if you want to alter your voice try your normal voice and singing voice if they are very different. =3 altering your voice in utau isnt hard either when you learn the flags. I've gender bent Lullaby for Rhapsody's voice =3 (will be posting that up when i get it altered and smoothed out) Well Im glad i could help. ^^;; even if it wasnt too much
    Tsumanne
    Tsumanne

Notes : 1971

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: AU-loids
    Blog/Website: hideki782.deviantart.com

Post by Tsumanne on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:37 am

Voice-acting can be a good way to make an original-sounding UTAU - I've done it myself five times xD. It takes a fair load of practice, though, so make sure you practice to get the tone of voice you want for your UTAU and stuff.
    MariRoseTair
    MariRoseTair

Notes : 409

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:

Post by MariRoseTair on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:50 am

Ok...

While it's true voice acting can be good in making more then one unique utauoild may I suggest that you be very very careful.

Voice actors and singers from professional to armature must take great care to make sure not to strain their vocal cords.

Straining your vocal cords could case damage to them and in the worst case situation permanent voice loss.

So please please please, if you must make more then one utuaoild with your voice, do not strain it.
    mugenginga
    mugenginga

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by mugenginga on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:07 am

Arissa: Oh, right! Flags. I have Tara, but I think its his female bank and I find his male bank far sexier (then again, after fiddling I think the person that made that Dolls PV was a MASTER) so I should ask about flags. I'll look into that. One of my ideas is a creepy little girl, and flags might be exactly what I need for that.

Tsumanne: Yeah. I should probably make my first one off my natural voice. XD

Mari: Awww, thank you so much for the concern! I'll try to be careful! *hugs*
    annamaeblythe
    annamaeblythe

Notes : 434

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: BLYTHE Anaka
    Blog/Website:

Post by annamaeblythe on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:41 pm

mugenginga wrote:
    to annamaeblythe: Okay, that's great for my first one, but I want to make different sounding ones. And I'd love to make a male bank, which pretty much requires me to "voice act" the recording. Telling me to only make one that works with my natural voice is far too limiting. I've seen lots of people who make lots of them, and I'm pretty sure mystsaphyr (sp? the forum creator) has more than one and hers are good. So making more than one isn't an automatic ticket to a lack of quality, they just take more work. I'll be honest and say I'm a little miffed with that part of your response.

Nope. I'm right.
    I've seen one exception to that in the whole time I've been using UTAU, and that was MX.
    Look, I've been using UTAU for over a year now. I know what I'm talking about.
    Females who make male voicebanks all sound the same, so it's stupid and horribly redundant.
    Myst only has Aiko.
    And it really is an automatic ticket to lack of quality.

(ALEA sucked ass. LOKE's voicer made a second UTAU, and it sucked ass. Does that say anything?)
    mugenginga
    mugenginga

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by mugenginga on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Well, we're all entitled to our own opinions, I suppose.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:35 am