xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

Notes : 765

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Voice Critique? Empty Voice Critique?

Post by xMienaiTsubasa on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:12 pm

I'm trying out RION's Act 2 voicebank which I just recorded recently, since realising her Act 1 was like 40% mispronounced, and actually really ugly sounding.

I have two samples of her new act;
    Mosaic Role and
    Meltdown

And a sample of her old act to compare.

I know in Meltdown it's sometimes hard to hear her over Rin's backing, but if you notice anything that sounds.. icky at all in her voice lol or bad for any kind of reason, could you let me know? Since I'm not always great at picking up these things by myself.

Also, as a minor point, I was thinking of giving her a new outfit, too.. If you have any suggestions, that would be helpful as well XD
    Mikau
    Mikau

Notes : 83

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Color Revolution
    Blog/Website: www.colorrevolution-utau.com

Voice Critique? Empty Re: Voice Critique?

Post by Mikau on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:56 am

From only listening to Mosaic Roll, you got the pronunciations right so far. The only thing I can think of is that your "wa" sounds like your mouth is open really wide.
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3535

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:20 am

Hm...

Pronuciation- 20/25
    Your "a" is occasionally off, kinda nasal, especially on the wa file, which sounds really distorted.

Quality- 17/25
    On some of the files I can hear the static through the music... But not usually, so eh... A new mic or recording program might help this = u=''

Clearness- 15/25
    I'm having a little trouble picking out some consonants... Mostly slurred consonants (n, l, w, y, s etc).
    This could be dodgy mixing or otos, though.

Tone- 18/25
    I'm sorry, but she sounds really quite generic. I think it's partly UTAUs fault, making some of your recordings nasal... And that 'a'. UTAU does not like it with high frequency UTAUloids (AKA, girls).

OVERALL- 70/100
    Tweak your otos a little and rerecord that 'wa' (maybe some more a files, another one that was dodgy was 'ra').
    . 3. What recording program and mic do you use?

Pfffha, no offense meant by any of this XD I was just focusing on the bad things so you could fix them, she's pretty nice to listen to.

Also, Halo-dear is a perfectionist, so most of this is very... "If you want her to be perfect" XD
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:41 am

Her 'r's are lovely. Her 'ku' sounds somewhat... I dunno, it sounds off somehow. All the other 'k'-sounds I heard don't have that though. And as halo said, some samples with 'a' aren't good.
    xMienaiTsubasa
    xMienaiTsubasa

Notes : 765

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by xMienaiTsubasa on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:36 pm

Thanks guys. It seems my 'a' sounds are the main problem here.. I sung the samples in kind of a weird way so I could get a clear sound, so that's probably it. I'll rerecord those.

@Halo
    Thanks, everything you said was really helpful. I used audacity to record and my mic is a cheap logitech one, I think a lot of people use it, actually since it's pretty good. I record pretty far from the mic though, without anything covering it, so there's a chance it's picking up static and UTAU is amplifying it.. Or if you mean the strange sound all the 'i' recordings and some of the 'u' recordings are making, I can't get seem to get rid of it.

I need to go over her oto, since probably some of it is still auto-oto or I fixed it badly. Also for Meltdown I used the oto packaged with the .UST, so that could be a problem too.

The generic-ness is something I noticed as well.. Ehh for the moment it doesn't bother me so much, since a lot of voices are going to sound similar in UTAU anyway. Maybe once I've figured out how to fix everything else I'll try recording in a different tone or something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 31, 2020 5:44 am