Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

VB testing

BlueboyX
    BlueboyX

Notes : 75

VB testing Empty VB testing

Post by BlueboyX Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:29 am

I am working on making a few VB's and I trying to figure out how to test/improve them. I have a general idea of what the oto file settings are supposed to be but other than popping the VB's into a pre-existing ust project I dont know how to test them. The first VB I am working on is male and I most of the ust files I have found are for female voices. The results are... funky.

If I make my own ust I dont know if any issues I encounter are due to my VB or lack of ust experience. Are there any ust that are particularly good for testing?
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3530

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

VB testing Empty Re: VB testing

Post by Haloheroine Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:55 am

The point is to edit the UST into sounding good with the voice, dear XD

Get one of the female voice USTs, delete the flags (change them to something more appropriate for a male, g+, maybe BRE0 or C100) and move down an octave- usually. Just, usually C3. XD
    You might want to clear the Overlap and Preutterance, as well, to test the oto files.

THIS IS ASSUMING YOU ALREADY HAVE A BIT OF EXPERIENCE WITH UTAU.
    FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING WHAT ON EARTH I'M TALKING ABOUT.
    BlueboyX
    BlueboyX

Post by BlueboyX Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:40 pm

I am pretty new. I havent made an ust of my own yet. I dont know what BRE g or Y mean yet (I found the 'note default settings' menu they are in though).

I know someone fluent in japanese, so I got her to check my reclist to make sure it is translated right (there were some errors in the ones I downloaded). I will ask her check my vb pronounciation but I think I will re-record first.

I did not make all my samples at the same note and I was kind of nasal. I think that between those two things utau is having a lot of trouble with my vb; it doesnt sound like me at all. Teto's vb doesnt seem to be recorded all on the same note so maybe that isnt the problem. Or it could just be the ust files I tried. I dont know how to tell which.

I am told that oto files make a big difference and I read up on how to make them but I was hoping there was a way to double-check my work. The sound played when I double click the wav in UTAU's oto editor does not seem to reflect oto settings. I found a few oto that needed to be edited by throwing in a few ust files and looking for notes that were really messed up sounding. A couple of notes wound up rendering as static regardless of what I did to the oto, yet they play fine when I double click them in UTAU's oto editor.

Is there any indication for edting the frequency map? That isnt something that I have seen discussed much. Generally tutorials just say to initialize the frequency files and then they never even open the editor.

Your help is appreciated. Smile
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3530

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:22 am

BRE, g+/g- and Y are flags.

BRE controls breathiness, g+/g- control how deep the voice and how high it is consecutively, and I'm not entirely sure on Y0. It's similar to C100, I suppose.

It's not necessary to have recorded notes on the same frequency, but your UTAUloid will sound better if they are.

I think that's an oto problem...

Screen cap the oto editor for the files that make static no matter what?

And there's a frequency editor...? XDDD I know about the thing that shows you the frequency, but does that actually, you know, do anything? I'm not sure about that one, sorry.
    BlueboyX
    BlueboyX

Post by BlueboyX Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:12 pm

The frequency editor has a long series of numbers (or blanks, depending on the sample) that you can change, so I guess it does something. I havent messed with the prefix editor at all yet; not sure what that is about. I mainly see a list of a bunch of notes there. Razz

I think I figured out the oto problem that was leading to static. I made the oto files before making the frequeny files so I didnt hae the orange line into consideration when making them and pretty much ignored it when trying to mess with them afterwards. Some of the samples have huge dips early on in the file when the sound intensity is low; that is actually recorded silence (with background junk). On those samples I was not making the initial blue area anywhere near as long as it needed to be because I thought that was actually part of the sound I wanted. That is why moving the settings around a little didnt help; they needed to be changed to a much larger degree. Razz

BlueboyX
    BlueboyX

Post by BlueboyX Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:33 am

Programming for japanese text isnt the funnest thing I have done, but here it is. Wink

https://sites.google.com/site/bluexgreen/TestUST.rar

This is a program I made to test voicebanks. What it does is takes an oto file (romanji or hiragana) and generates an ust file that uses each sample in the voicebank. All notes are at UTAU's defaults; all the notes are at C4. This is working really nice for finding any quarky samples hiding in the voicebank. Smile

You dont need to run this using AppLocale.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:09 pm