Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

USTs & oto.ini

mintie
    mintie

Notes : 768

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MSloids
    Blog/Website: http://msloids.blogspot.com/

USTs & oto.ini Empty USTs & oto.ini

Post by mintie Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Sorry for noobish and lame sounding title. lol, but I do feel like this is a topic I have trouble on

Well, I think Kirin's oto.ini is pretty smooth (For me! let's not compare to anything >_>; ) and even then I find she sings pretty choppy. I guess the oto needs fixing, but I'm not really sure since it looks okay. (BTW, if you download her, you'll always get a different version than me, because I always tend to mess around with her... eheheheh.)

So now I've find out that people custom fit usts to their UTAU? And then I wonder "Do I have to fix usts for Kirin?"

And if you do... well I'm pretty sure it's about the envolopes, correct? and something about the properties and then the ACPT button? o.o

BTW... when you click the "s" when configuring the oto, is that... better? Just the same? Worse? (Cause I sort of see some problems with oto then if I click that button -_-; )
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

USTs & oto.ini Empty Re: USTs & oto.ini

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Okay, first, the "S".
    I have no idea what that thing is for.
    I think it has something to do with volume, or something. >_>; But I'm not sure.
    Next, to make a UST fit your UTAU, if it's triphonic, simple! Select ALL of it. Right click a note, and click "Properties". Then where "Preutterance" and "Overlay" are found, press "Clear". Then, make sure the STP area is blank, but not gray. (If it's grey, just click it and press the spacebar). Now press OK.
    Next, without deselecting ANY of the notes you selected earlier (if you do on accident, ctrl+a is a life-saver), hit "Reset" on the upper right corner, then hit ACPT, P2P3, and then ACPT again. It should be ready for your UTAU to sing!
    Oh yes, and it's a good idea to custom fit the UST for your UTAU. Oh yes, it's a very good idea.
    mintie
    mintie

UTAU Information

Post by mintie Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:01 pm

LupinAKAFlashTH2 wrote:Okay, first, the "S".
    I think it has something to do with volume, or something. >_>; But I'm not sure.
    Next, to make a UST fit your UTAU, if it's triphonic, simple! Select ALL of it. Right click a note, and click "Properties". Then where "Preutterance" and "Overlay" are found, press "Clear". Then, make sure the STP area is blank, but not gray. (If it's grey, just click it and press the spacebar). Now press OK.
    Next, without deselecting ANY of the notes you selected earlier (if you do on accident, ctrl+a is a life-saver), hit "Reset" on the upper right corner, then hit ACPT, P2P3, and then ACPT again. It should be ready for your UTAU to sing!
    Oh yes, and it's a good idea to custom fit the UST for your UTAU. Oh yes, it's a very good idea.

hmm, I guess i'll try that, but Kirin doesn't have vcv xD
    pressing the ACPT doesn't work, but other than that, it sounds better with the P2P3 o.o

are there any instructions for non-vcv? or just doing up there, minus ACPT, works too?

and I figured out the "s" thing! you can identify the "top of the note" better lol.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:17 pm

mintie wrote:
    LupinAKAFlashTH2 wrote:Okay, first, the "S".

hmm, I guess i'll try that, but Kirin doesn't have vcv xD
    pressing the ACPT doesn't work, but other than that, it sounds better with the P2P3 o.o

are there any instructions for non-vcv? or just doing up there, minus ACPT, works too?

and I figured out the "s" thing! you can identify the "top of the note" better lol.

OH REALLY THAT'S WHAT THE S THING IS? That's neat!

Yeah, doing what's up there minus ACPT works too. :D
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:38 pm

Oh, yeah! The P2P3 button fixes the envelopes so they crossfade. You'll definitely want to do that with all your USTs.

Also, you'll want to make sure that there aren't any notes with an exclamation mark on them. If you see any, right click on it, go to "Envelope", and click the middle button on the bottom bar. That should fix it. ^__^
    annamaeblythe
    annamaeblythe

Notes : 434

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: BLYTHE Anaka
    Blog/Website:

Post by annamaeblythe Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:52 pm

With a good OTO and a good UST, you don't need to custom fit it.
    As in, I can pop an UTAU with an OTO I made into a Yura Honya UST and it work basically awesomely.
    mintie
    mintie

UTAU Information

Post by mintie Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:07 pm

OMG thanks gaiz i've been enlightened! will try to make Kirin sing a bunch of stuff. and then fix oto with the "S" thing on :'D
    yesi-chan
    yesi-chan

Notes : 590

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Camila Melodía
    Blog/Website: http://camilamelodia.blogspot.com

Post by yesi-chan Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:42 pm

what LupinAKAFlashTH2 said for VCV also works for CV also if you convert a ust from VCV to CV follow the steps he put and viceversa.  Also it's true that with a well configured oto.ini you'd practically wont need to fix the ust for your UTAU but that seemed to work better for me in older versions of UTAU.  With the newer versions I find myself always having to fix something and it'll still sound better if you fix the ust to fit your utauloid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:09 am