Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

OTO.ini...doin' it right? D:

KURENAI
    KURENAI

Notes : 534

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Shinjuro Amaya ACT I
    Blog/Website: n/a...for now.
    Status: OTO editing... OTL Also trying to think up some samples to record to make him sound a bit more Jrockish. Also working on voicing/creating his little brother, Kaida...eventually. >_>

OTO.ini...doin' it right? D: Empty OTO.ini...doin' it right? D:

Post by KURENAI Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:16 pm

Can anyone take a look at my SUPER WIP VB and check to see I'm not screwing up the OTOs too much? I admit I'm totally new at this, so a little push in the right direction would be very much appreciated. I'm hanging out on Skype right now if you want to find me there, since my Digsby client doesn't allow file transfers for whatever reason. D:

My Skype handle is zetsubou.no.yume, but if you don't want to get on skype or don't have it, I'm sure that, if you're willing to help me, we can think of something. Thanks again. :3
    suthethird
    suthethird

Notes : 961

OTO.ini...doin' it right? D: Empty Re: OTO.ini...doin' it right? D:

Post by suthethird Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Open UTAU's OTO editor and find a sample with a hard consonant like K or T. (With the pink, blue, green, red... All that stuff)
    Take a screenshot.
    Paste it here.
    I can look at it and tell you.

(The hard consonant thing is because those are the most distinct and I usually can always tell where the consonant is.)
    KURENAI
    KURENAI

Notes : 534

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Shinjuro Amaya ACT I
    Blog/Website: n/a...for now.
    Status: OTO editing... OTL Also trying to think up some samples to record to make him sound a bit more Jrockish. Also working on voicing/creating his little brother, Kaida...eventually. >_>

Post by KURENAI Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:02 pm

This is "か."

Spoiler:

Like...when I play him, he sounds just fine except for some things here and there. I just wanna make sure I'm not effin' up where it counts. D:

BTW: I put the cutoff at about where the sound starts to peter out.
    suthethird
    suthethird

Notes : 961

Post by suthethird Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:18 pm

I have a bad habit of putting cutoff around .6 in setparam just to make UTAU render the file quicker when I'm making OTOs for other people.

I'm pretty sure it's right. If I were you, I'd drag the blue to where the red is, playing it, and if you hear consonant still, move the blue to the side until you stop hearing consonant. When you no longer hear consonant, move the blue back to its right place and put the red there.
    But I'm pretty sure that one is right.
    The overlap is good, but you may want to put the blue so that the top of the data is on the consonant itself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am