Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Kaede Nozomi 【望 楓】 【UTAU】 Under The Darkness

Etsuuko
    Etsuuko

Notes : 176

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kaede Nozomi & Noiru Takara
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/Etsuuko

Kaede Nozomi 【望 楓】 【UTAU】 Under The Darkness  Empty Kaede Nozomi 【望 楓】 【UTAU】 Under The Darkness

Post by Etsuuko Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:39 pm

The first song of Kaede posted on YouTube.
    Undecided
    Undecided

Notes : 52

Kaede Nozomi 【望 楓】 【UTAU】 Under The Darkness  Empty Re: Kaede Nozomi 【望 楓】 【UTAU】 Under The Darkness

Post by Undecided Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:07 pm

I felt that this one had the opposite problem as your other one: the voice is overpowering the song quite a bit. You probably should have picked a different song as well, high-pitched voices don't suit it very well. But aside from that, the verses are done well enough, however the chorus is a bit...flat? I'm not sure what the word is, but it definitely could have been tuned better.

So in conclusion, the voice is fairly good, but the song was sort of "meh".
    Etsuuko
    Etsuuko

UTAU Information

Kaede Nozomi 【望 楓】 【UTAU】 Under The Darkness  Empty Re: Kaede Nozomi 【望 楓】 【UTAU】 Under The Darkness

Post by Etsuuko Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Undecided wrote:I felt that this one had the opposite problem as your other one: the voice is overpowering the song quite a bit. You probably should have picked a different song as well, high-pitched voices don't suit it very well. But aside from that, the verses are done well enough, however the chorus is a bit...flat? I'm not sure what the word is, but it definitely could have been tuned better.

So in conclusion, the voice is fairly good, but the song was sort of "meh".

A lot of the volume in the vocals this time were created by that phaser effect on the voice. The background instrumental could probably have used a compressor to even out the volumes. As far as the tuning goes, I'm... pretty sure the notes are correct. It could be just because the harmonies and melody are in two different octaves, and the comparison between the two is a little harder to make because of that gap of whole-steps in between.
    Undecided
    Undecided

Notes : 52

Post by Undecided Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:23 pm

Etsuuko wrote:As far as the tuning goes, I'm... pretty sure the notes are correct. It could be just because the harmonies and melody are in two different octaves, and the comparison between the two is a little harder to make because of that gap of whole-steps in between.

No, the notes are fine, maybe I'm using the wrong word, but he just starts sounding bored at the chorus. It's a bit jarring after the well-done verses.
    Etsuuko
    Etsuuko

UTAU Information

Post by Etsuuko Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Undecided wrote:
    Etsuuko wrote:As far as the tuning goes, I'm... pretty sure the notes are correct. It could be just because the harmonies and melody are in two different octaves, and the comparison between the two is a little harder to make because of that gap of whole-steps in between.

No, the notes are fine, maybe I'm using the wrong word, but he just starts sounding bored at the chorus. It's a bit jarring after the well-done verses.

Bored would definitely be a better word, yeah. ~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am