Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Help me please....;n;

moeloid
    moeloid

Notes : 1550

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MOELOID
    Blog/Website: http://moeloid01.blogspot.com/

Help me please....;n; Empty Help me please....;n;

Post by moeloid Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:20 pm

I desperately wish to make an original song for my UTAUs, and I have FL Studio, but I can't. I just can't!

I really need some help, mostly with the following:

1. Drums
    2. Instrument packs

In regards with drums.....how the heck do I use them!? I'm sooo confused! The loops aren't right either....

Also, I don't have the right instrument packs that I need. I'm pretty sure I only have defaults, maybe not even all of the defaults. I need instruments that will fit well for an electro-type song, and maybe a good piano and/or some stringed instruments would be nice.......

Any help is appreciated!
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Help me please....;n; Empty Re: Help me please....;n;

Post by Chasing Fireflies Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Actually, I have a lot of trouble with drums too. ;___;

But for instrument packs, soundfonts work really well. This is a great piano soundfont, and if you look on this website there are a lot of other free soundfonts (the strings are kind of hit-and-miss but there's a really nice cello on there).
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Drums are weird. In the piano roll, if you have a drum-set synth like FPC (is that it?) open, it won't play notes, it'll play sounds depending on which key you play. In order to see what kind of drum you're hitting, hit the icon that says "ABC" under the magnet on the Piano roll.
    You can also have drum SAMPLES, which only make one sound and are used like normal. They are still weird though. Drum patterns that consist of drum samples rather than a drum-set-synth will usually have to use more than one part of the pattern.

I WILL BE MAKING A VIDEO ON HOW TO USE FL STUDIO SOMETIME. IT JUST DEPENDS.

Soundfonts that are available for free are HARD TO FIND. Not to be a downer, but chances are, you're going to have to buy a "Sample CD" for the really. really good soundfonts. Not saying that there AREN'T any good free ones, but there is just very little of them.

Synthesizers are also confusing and require extreme knowledge on the variables of sound in order to create your own sound using them. However, there are many cases where altering a preset via trial and error has eventually paid off for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am