Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Point me in the right direction ;3; Help help help!

Gum-gum
    Gum-gum

Notes : 90

Point me in the right direction ;3; Help help help! Empty Point me in the right direction ;3; Help help help!

Post by Gum-gum Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:14 pm

Hello!
    I am a brand new just-joined-today noobiest of all noobs Gum-gum and hopefully a furture Utau developer... Having issues.

My future UTAU Ozro is still in development, her voicebank only has like.. 30 words xD (English :3) I'm recording each word over time when I have it, I call it the "prototype version" x3 Since I'm using my webcam's mic. I'll be using a higher quality mic in the future (in the next few monthes) and right now this is all I got.

Anyway,quality isn't my current issue. It's using the Utau program to write the vocals. Oh god. I seriously have no idea where to turn or what to read, I'm so lost. I'll just bullet point everything I'm currently having trouble with.

*Piano rolls. I don't get them. I need sheet music!
    I would cry tears of sunlight of I could a sheet music application for the program or something. Anything like that I can do?

*The duration of the words. My utau's voicebank is currently words, such as "I" "you" and other 1 syllable stuff. I was playing around and writing "You are my sunshine" and this problem comes up: the duration of the note for "shine" is shorter than the actual file for the word, so it plays as "sha-". How do I make them shorter!? Sorry for the horribly nooby language.

....help? @^@
    KaneYuki
    KaneYuki

Notes : 982

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kane Yuki
    Blog/Website:

Point me in the right direction ;3; Help help help! Empty Re: Point me in the right direction ;3; Help help help!

Post by KaneYuki Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Well, usually people make sounds be one second, two at most
    Also, if you want to make an English voice bank you should use phonemes.
    At least, that's what I would do.
    like instead of having "Shine" make "Sha/iii/n"
    separate words. But again this is just me :/ I'm not AMAZING at UTAU either.
    As for the "Piano Rolls/Sheet music"
    I ENVY YOU
    I like Piano Rolls better.

I found this neat program - http://www.supershareware.com/preview/music-masterworks.html
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3530

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Point me in the right direction ;3; Help help help! Empty Re: Point me in the right direction ;3; Help help help!

Post by Haloheroine Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Piano rolls = easy once you get used to them.
    Besides, when you hover over a bar, the note you're on pops up (eg, C, A# etc).

And English in UTAU? You need to record in phonemes.

A UST for, say, Crucify My Love should look more like...
    "kru/sih/fai/mai/luh/uhv"
    Not "Crucify/my/love". It doesn't work that way.

Of course, optimally, it should actually look like
    "kru/u sih/ih fa/a i/i ma/a luh/uh v", but that's VCV and is much harder to configure...

I suggest making a normal CV Japanese bank first to get the hang of otos. You don't even need to use it, just make it for practice at otos. D:
    Gum-gum
    Gum-gum

Post by Gum-gum Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:51 pm

KaneYuki wrote:
    I found this neat program - http://www.supershareware.com/preview/music-masterworks.html
    OMG Thank you this is just what I needed!!
    Gum-gum
    Gum-gum

Post by Gum-gum Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:54 pm

Haloheroine wrote:
    And English in UTAU? You need to record in phonemes.

I might to that later Smile I'm having a lot of fun with the single words currently, though! I just need to learn this one technical thing, shortening the speed of the word. It's possible, right? >3>
    KaneYuki
    KaneYuki

Notes : 982

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kane Yuki
    Blog/Website:

Post by KaneYuki Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:00 pm

I plan on getting it to make it easier on myself to make things from Sheet music to Piano Rolls. It will make it easier to make "A Whole New World" because the midi I have SUCKS
    Gum-gum wrote:I might to that later Smile I'm having a lot of fun with the single words currently, though! I just need to learn this one technical thing, shortening the speed of the word. It's possible, right? >3>

shortening the speed of the word?

I don't think that's possible, unless you say the word itself faster.
    or use phonemes, I tried the single word thing, it comes out sucky
    Gum-gum
    Gum-gum

Post by Gum-gum Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:13 pm

KaneYuki wrote:shortening the speed of the word?

I don't think that's possible, unless you say the word itself faster.
    or use phonemes, I tried the single word thing, it comes out sucky

@A@ really? But you can make a word longer! It really only words one way? @^@ lame
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:16 pm

The point is, YOU CAN'T USE ACTUAL FULL WORDS. You need to use separate phonemes. The problem isn't the speed of the word, it's the fact that you can't configure a full word using otos. |: UTAU just doesn't do that.
    You can use one syllable words such as I or we or my, but full words with a VC will NOT WORK.
    Gum-gum
    Gum-gum

Post by Gum-gum Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Haloheroine wrote:The point is, YOU CAN'T USE ACTUAL FULL WORDS. You need to use separate phonemes. The problem isn't the speed of the word, it's the fact that you can't configure a full word using otos. |: UTAU just doesn't do that.
    You can use one syllable words such as I or we or my, but full words with a VC will NOT WORK.

You use of capitals has convicned me Neutral
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:26 pm

D; I'm sorry...
    but being a pretty experienced English in UTAU user, I have to say VCV phoneme based English is the best.

Sample of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0tNshQkhYc
    Gum-gum
    Gum-gum

Post by Gum-gum Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Haloheroine wrote:The point is, YOU CAN'T USE ACTUAL FULL WORDS. You need to use separate phonemes. The problem isn't the speed of the word, it's the fact that you can't configure a full word using otos. |: UTAU just doesn't do that.

I have an idea.. since we're given the ability to lengthen the words but not shorten them, wouldn't it work if I wrote the whole song with long extended notes and played it in a fast tempo? :D
    Gum-gum
    Gum-gum

Post by Gum-gum Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Haloheroine wrote:D; I'm sorry...
    but being a pretty experienced English in UTAU user, I have to say VCV phoneme based English is the best.

Sample of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0tNshQkhYc

Wow that was impressive! I got to bookmark it :D
    Yeah I just started doing this like 3 days ago so I'm not sure of everything ^^ I've only been recording single syllable words though, I know that I'll need to break down longer words with phonemes when I get there. I'm only working with single syllables right now, however.
    Catarsis
    Catarsis

Notes : 1916

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Catarsis Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:53 pm

What Halo said. You can't record words in UTAU because they don't work well. Also it's a lot of work and you'll get a very heavy VB.
    About English input...there's many, MANY ways for making an English VB.
    For example, ÑAL has an English IPA VB, but it's very heavy and pretty difficult to use, too.
    Camila Melodía has English diphones and many extra sounds in her VB.
    The thing I made with Katarina Sokkyoune (my UTAUloid) was recording all the consonants of the alphabet + all the vocals (i.e: ba, be, bi, bo, bu), and then add some "special" consonant+vocal phonemes like tha, the, thi, tho, thu...that only appear in English. Similar to Camila's method.
    (Although, I have to record more phonemes)
    By the way, for getting "You are my sunshine" you can put in as "Yu - a - ma - sa/n/sha/i/n" or something like that. Or "Crucify my Love" would be "K/ru/si/fa/i - ma/i - la/v" or "Ku/ru/si/fa/i - ma/i - la/vu". You must play with the phonemes and the envelopes.
    I can't help you too much with this because my mother language is Spanish, so I input the words like if I would write (and hear) them in Spanish (Spanish and Japanese have very similar pronunciation).
    Gum-gum
    Gum-gum

Post by Gum-gum Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:36 am

So where can I find a link to a list of all the english phoneme I need to record? ^U^
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:54 am

So far, there's not many English reclists...
    And the existing ones are rather... large...
    I suggest writing your own.

There's a list of all the vowels, diphthongs and consonants you'll need here: http://vocaloid-user.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=3

You can't use all the names as file names, so sound out the sound of some of them, and name them something that makes more sense.
    I also recommend making CVs and CCVs ^^ (kah, luh, kru, etc)

Or, you could go find Syo's DEATHLIST. (It's on VO)
    I don't suggest using Camilas, it's kind of iffy. (from a technical perspective, I don't mean anything bad by this!)

Personally, I'm waiting for a VCV reclist... But that may take a while.
    Gum-gum
    Gum-gum

Post by Gum-gum Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Deathlist?? VO? I'm so intrigued! What are you talking about?
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:44 am

Gum-gum
    Gum-gum

Post by Gum-gum Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:44 am

Shocked Shocked OMG Awesome!! Thank you so much!! @u@ I'm getting started right away!
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:45 am

^^ No problem, and good luck!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:41 am