Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Haloheroine
mya
BlazePyron
Kitsumeira
vio.
Spores
Nanashi_Zokune
Ezri
Keine
ResplendentlyBlue
scarfu
Aline
Chasing Fireflies
hello8bit
Trempush
Hecate
zin
LupinAKAFlashTH2
22 posters

10 Things I hate about the Overseas UTAU Community

LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

10 Things I hate about the Overseas UTAU Community Empty 10 Things I hate about the Overseas UTAU Community

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:17 pm

Didn't know where to put this.... so I put it here.

Copy/Paste from youtube

A short, sometimes nonsensical video about the 10 things I hate the most about the Overseas UTAU Community. 'Cause I felt like they had to be said.

I love the fact some of these words lag behind the audio. OTL

May or may not be for your own entertainment. If this bores you, I didn't mean to make it boring.

Note: If something you yourself does pops up in this video, please take NO offense to it. I'm only speaking the things I hate in GENERAL, so I'm targeting NO ONE.

end copy/paste
    zin
    zin

Notes : 4252

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 120loid
    Blog/Website: 120loids.tk

10 Things I hate about the Overseas UTAU Community Empty Re: 10 Things I hate about the Overseas UTAU Community

Post by zin Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:23 pm

i agree with it ^_________^
    Hecate
    Hecate

Notes : 550

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Healthy Falsetto act 1
    Blog/Website:

10 Things I hate about the Overseas UTAU Community Empty Re: 10 Things I hate about the Overseas UTAU Community

Post by Hecate Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:40 pm

I had mute on, did I miss something in the audio?
    Either way, I do find some of the stuff annoying, too.
    Trempush
    Trempush

Notes : 893

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Trem, Travis, and Adele
    Blog/Website: http://trempushjones.blogspot.com/
    Status: Trem v2.0 WIP, Independent Travis WIP, Adele v1.0 complete

Post by Trempush Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:46 pm

I like your voices. They made me lol. Smile
    hello8bit
    hello8bit

Notes : 710

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: [NEBULOID]
    Blog/Website: http://nebuloid.blog132.fc2.com/

Post by hello8bit Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm new, so half of that stuff I don't really understand but.. some of it I definitely do. Though I do love Triphones. ;u;

still have no idea what the wars are sob

Post by Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:47 pm

I lol'd so hard kenji like you dont EVEN right here.

now I look at your picture, and then try to match it with the voice what is this I do not understand logic where is it ;n;;
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

UTAU Information
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:00 pm

Hecate wrote:I had mute on, did I miss something in the audio?
    Either way, I do find some of the stuff annoying, too.

You missed the voices. XD
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:01 pm

FFFFF
    ilu kenji <3

And YES, triphones sound very nice if done right but they are NOT magic fix-alls like some people seem to think. =(

@Hecate
    YES ;__; The voices are the best part.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

UTAU Information

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:16 pm

Luna wrote:....
    I lol'd so hard kenji like you dont EVEN right here.

now I look at your picture, and then try to match it with the voice what is this I do not understand logic where is it ;n;;

Everyone says that. LOL
    Aline
    Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Post by Aline Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:17 pm

Chasing Fireflies wrote:FFFFF
    And YES, triphones sound very nice if done right but they are NOT magic fix-alls like some people seem to think. =(

THIS. I avoid using VCVs as much as I can for that reason. It's HELL to make VCVs sound at least partially decent, let alone good. I still can't make VCVs sound like anything other than MEGASLUR. People claiming that VCV = OMG MIRACLES should be more like "VCV HOW THE F*CK DO THEY WORK *Researches while using a goshdarned CV as much as possible for actual covers+ instead of a slurry VCV for Pete's sake*" instead of jumping the bandwagon. Most VCV covers+ are unlistenable due to excessive slur and the goshdarned robotic skips it gives if it isn't properly enveloped.
    + I said "covers" because people who make originals usually use CV or are already pro at VCV, so... Yeah.

And yes, I don't understand how a guy who holds some resemblance to Hetalia's Canada gets a deep voice like Kenji, either! xD But I liked the voices 8D

Last edited by Aline on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    scarfu
    scarfu

Notes : 1411

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kanbine Hayari/Kamene Kasui/TATARI
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:21 pm

I'd like to say that you are a BLAST to listen to XDDDDD <3

But yeah I agree sooooooooooooooo so so hard. XD Like this pretty much sums all of my basic pet peeves intensely. XDDD

Though I'm curious about what you mean by the separation of twitter and osuf? XD Almost everyone on here has a twitter... XD
    ResplendentlyBlue
    ResplendentlyBlue

Notes : 18

Post by ResplendentlyBlue Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:36 pm

I agree with most of this, though there are some things that I even heard of. Like, what exactly is going on between twitter and the utau community?

THIS. I avoid using VCVs as much as I can for that reason. It's HELL to make VCVs sound at least partially decent, let alone good. I still can't make VCVs sound like anything other than MEGASLUR. People claiming that VCV = OMG MIRACLES should be more like "VCV HOW THE F*CK DO THEY WORK *Researches while using a goshdarned CV as much as possible for actual covers+ instead of a slurry VCV for Pete's sake*

I've never experienced large trouble with VCV's. There was a time when I first started where I didn't know that I needed to clear the stp and do the envelope and all that jazz. But none of VCV's have been slurry. Though I have seen it a lot in other UTAUloids. It could be an accent thing, or something. But yeah. I've dedicated myself to VCV's. My CV's always sound like an unripe doo-doo covered banana.
    Keine
    Keine

Notes : 65

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Ohiru Hizakari
    Blog/Website: http://twitter.com/Ohiru_Hizakari
    Status: Act 1 is now released. Act 2 in the works. No Concept art is available.

Post by Keine Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:07 pm

VCV is a doggy-woggie-poo to deal with. Sounds nice of course. But a couple mistakes in an VCV oto and its DOA. The wars are stupid, and those people who think they have perfect utaus and have perfect utau and perfect pronunciation and everything else is wrong.(Like this one youtuber...)And yeah, all of my rage against the Overseas Utau Community is now met and detailed.
    Ezri
    Ezri

Notes : 1489

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Chirune Kikyo
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:01 pm

"IT'S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL~"

Made my day, Kenji. XD

And, as an UTAU user who doesn't have twitter...

...there's a twitter UTAU community?
    *nyoro~n*
    Nanashi_Zokune
    Nanashi_Zokune

Notes : 2032

Post by Nanashi_Zokune Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:21 pm

number 6 is afraid of 5~ the seperation between community and twitter is "trolls"

it's kind of amazing how the list you made just blends in to one another quite well "this reason leads to that reason to that reason and finally this reason!"

there is another thing about it all too. these are all trivial things that can be resolved but many people refuse to listen...

@ezri yes there's an utau community but i don't understand how it can be a community when all it really is, is one just giant chat room.
    Spores
    Spores

Notes : 374

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kyan Niiro
    Blog/Website: http://moresporesplz.deviantart.com/

Post by Spores Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:42 pm

THIS.
    This is exactly why I lurk.
    This is why you see two post per month from me.

THIS.
    Nanashi_Zokune
    Nanashi_Zokune

Post by Nanashi_Zokune Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:32 pm

scarfu wrote:
    Though I'm curious about what you mean by the separation of twitter and osuf? XD Almost everyone on here has a twitter... XD

didn't notice this post earlier >.<

but that's exactly the point. this forum was created to get away from many of the trolls, basher, haters ect ect of VO to make a place for utau users and well it's happening with twitter. everyone from here left because of supposed trolls were coming to the forum, so they left to twitter and are basicly friends with the supposed trolls and yet many don't realize it (i in fact noticed this looking through all the old threads in this very forum XDDD ).

most people on twitter will never come back here because they either think it's corrupt or still full of trolls, so when someone does show up all they do is maybe only post a youtube video of their utau, logout and go back to twitter.

trolls are gonna troll. you can never hide from them, you can never run away from them, all you can do is ignore them and have a mod or admin ban them.
    not many people think to ask for help, they only think "i must get them back",
    but that only starts a war and it shows who the childish ones really are.

it is on the other hand understandable if you just don't have the time to be on the forums so you use twitter as a means to connect with everyone but, it disproves this by logging into the forums posting a couple of times then leaving.

examples being:

sparky all she/he could do was login to chat say a quick hi and bye just to show she was alive then poofed away because she/he is now a full time college student.

other people i usually see post many times every single/other day throughout the day then go back to twitter and the likely story is that they don't have the time to post or poke around the forums because it's time consuming, but still do so anyway.

it's odd really and confusing.
    scarfu
    scarfu

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:02 pm

Well like... XD The thing about twitter is that it's a LOT more... like, fast paced? Like twitter moves x100000000000 faster than this forum does, and for some people that's just a better and more exciting place to be (whereas there are some people who are the opposite and like to take things slowly XD)

I don't think it's separated due to anything like that, but rather because they move at different speeds. XD Twitter is more like a giant UTAU chatroom 99% of the time rather than a community.
    Nanashi_Zokune
    Nanashi_Zokune

Post by Nanashi_Zokune Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:11 pm

even still that doesn't explain the excuse of trolls =/
    and i hear there's more fighting on twitter than most places.
    vio.
    vio.

Notes : 2459

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: D:-Loids
    Blog/Website: http://dloids.blogspot.com/

Post by vio. Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:14 pm

.. It's not exactly fighting, it's debates, or people Bluntly stating their opinion, people getting their panties in a goddamnwad, and crying ohboohoo they're all terrible up in the TWITTAR.

=w=;

If you don't agree with something, cool. I think we all learned this a long time ago..? To um, deal with people's opinions, because no one has the SAME exact set..? XD

Also we are not calling people trolls, moreso newbs. Twitter saves alot of time; You can ask a question that would be solved in one post in like 10 seconds rather than, say, an hour waiting for a reply.

I also get WAY MORE FEEDBACK on TWITTER than this forum. I can post a thread and get overlooked. But I do post for opinions in both places...

But lol ONTOPIC HERRRRRRRREEE

I love you kenji those voices xDDDD
    Trempush
    Trempush

Notes : 893

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Trem, Travis, and Adele
    Blog/Website: http://trempushjones.blogspot.com/
    Status: Trem v2.0 WIP, Independent Travis WIP, Adele v1.0 complete

Post by Trempush Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:29 pm

I had no idea about an UTAU community on twitter, actually.
    *is late*
    Nanashi_Zokune
    Nanashi_Zokune

Post by Nanashi_Zokune Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:34 pm

okay it's debates but still no answer for the troll part. that one i still have yet to hear any real answer for from anyone over skype, msn or here.

and twitter and the ou comunity are still very divided and from some people i get the truth from. taken from skype

i took out the name because it would be wrong to mention the name publicly. shinta125 is me though.

[8/12/2010 9:36:48 PM] : because nobody likes those forums now >.>

[8/20/2010 7:38:18 PM] : twitter is a better community than the forums >.>
    [8/20/2010 7:38:22 PM] : we actuaully get along
    [8/20/2010 7:38:54 PM] shinta125: lol which is odd too cause everyone on there were on the forums but never got along there XD

but yes at least that person tells the truth when i ask about things

*EDIT
    i have a lot more of this stuff >.>

[8/20/2010 7:39:44 PM] : i dont talk to the problematic pple of the forums

[8/20/2010 7:43:08 PM] shinta125: neither do i i mostly alk to the fun ones but most of them left and sometimes when i think about it it almost seems kinda immature to me =x i can get along with the troublesome people to some degree and stuff but leaving because of it seems like well that they wouldn't be good in most social enviroments to deal with just one bad seed or a couple ._.; i had to learn that the hard way and nearly lost a really good friend because of that selfishness

[8/20/2010 7:43:13 PM] shinta125: *talk

[8/20/2010 7:43:41 PM] : no well if EVERYONE acts like that

[8/20/2010 7:43:46 PM] : i relly dont want anything to do with it

[8/20/2010 7:43:55 PM] : im not a forum person anything

[8/20/2010 7:43:59 PM] : but thanks for thinking im immature

[8/20/2010 7:44:14 PM] shinta125: no that's not what i meant D:

[8/20/2010 7:45:30 PM] shinta125: not everyone on the forums are trolls maybe a few people but not everyone it's mostly died down and i know you and **** are both not forum type of people

[8/20/2010 7:47:11 PM] shinta125: i haven't even seen any of my friends from the forum get on anymore and lots of the time don't even bother to sign into messenger or skype so i even feel abandoned too i made some good friends but well they just left abruptly without a word
    Kitsumeira

Notes : 95

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Kitsumeira Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:19 pm

I only lurk around the UTAU community. -.- As much as I would love to make friends in the community, I'm just scared of trolls and other types of mishaps. *has no self esteem* orz
    BlazePyron
    BlazePyron

Notes : 811

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kaen Shujoteki
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/BlazePyron

Post by BlazePyron Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36 pm

I honestly don't see that many trolls on OU or Twitter.

Also, Twitter is only faster if your fans are there. I personally find that OU is a better place for me to get feedback because my tweets get lost pretty quickly. I feel very unloved on Twitter most of the time, but here I don't have someone's latest huge brawl all up in my face.
    scarfu
    scarfu

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:39 pm

You guys need to learn something not only about this fandom, but about the INTERNET, and even LIFE in general:

Haters.
    are going.
    to hate.

There is NO way in the world that you are EVER going to please everybody. There is always, at some point in time, going to be somebody who doesn't like what you do -- or even to the extremes, someone who HATES what you do, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop it.

Hell, they might not even HATE what you do, but might just be incredibly jealous -- and so even if they LIKE what you do, they're going to troll you ANYWAY because they want to be in that situation.

No matter who you are, where you go, or how known you get, you will ALWAYS have haters, and you will ALWAYS have trolls. XD

A lot of you are saying you avoid twitter because of trolls and stuff, but really, all you're doing is letting them bully you into recluse, which is really exactly what they want. Are you really going to remain on the sidelines of one of the most important and fun parts of this fandom, the COMMUNITY, because you're afraid that somebody's going to /troll/ you?

Let me tell you from experience from someone who has been trolled by two of our fandom's most well known trolls on repeated offense - YOU GET OVER IT. ._. And frankly, Idk where you guys get the idea that trolling happens often, because it really doesn't... .___. Like once every few months MAYBE ._.

And the great thing about twitter is is if they're trolling you, there's something called the BLOCK feature (<gasp) that makes it so you can't see their tweets anymore! How convenient right?

Another thing you guys need to keep in mind is that debates, (genuine) critique -- those things are NOT trolling. Again, you can't expect everyone to like what you do, and so if someone gently explains to you how they personally feel you could improve, they are not ATTACKING you, so don't take it that way.

Furthermore, debates on twitter happen fairly often as well -- and in a good debate, you focus ONLY on the topic at and, and not on the people, and therefore there's no "trolling" or insulting going on... ._. When I get into a debate, I almost entirely forget who I'm debating with and focus on the topic at hand... XD

I'm rambling now, but what I'm trying to say is that you guys are using the excuse of "trolls" to keep you from the best part of this fandom, and it's really kind of sad. If you get trolled, so what? Build a bridge and get over it, because you'll know that you have FRIENDS and that you're having FUN, something that is MORE than can be said for those trolls who thrive on making people feel like poopie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:15 am