Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Angel Kiss Hikari
Fura
Tsumanne
Uchi-chan
Rayshia
Catarsis
LupinAKAFlashTH2
Misha
Ezri
13 posters

UTAU the Musical

Poll

If you decide to help out, how would you do so?

[ 13 ]
    UTAU the Musical Bar_left65%UTAU the Musical Bar_right [65%] 
    [ 1 ]
    UTAU the Musical Bar_left5%UTAU the Musical Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 0 ]
    UTAU the Musical Bar_left0%UTAU the Musical Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    UTAU the Musical Bar_left5%UTAU the Musical Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 5 ]
    UTAU the Musical Bar_left25%UTAU the Musical Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Ezri
    Ezri

Notes : 1489

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Chirune Kikyo
    Blog/Website:

UTAU the Musical Empty UTAU the Musical

Post by Ezri Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:44 pm

I was INSPIRED. XD Randomly hit with the idea to make an UTAU musical. (This idea was brought up a while ago on the VO forums, but I checked and they haven't worked on it yet. I got the OK to go ahead and make my own.)

This is a pretty big project, so I'd need a lot of help. XD
    I don't even have a plot yet, though I'm thinking it will be some sort of romance.
    I was also thinking about it being a lot like Moulin Rouge! (in that musical, many of their songs are covers of popular pop songs, with a few original songs sprinkled in.) We could rearrange some UTAU/Vocaloid songs, perhaps.

First thing's first: we should start with a plot and a script. XD Would anyone like to help?
    Misha
    Misha

Notes : 2890

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/

UTAU the Musical Empty Re: UTAU the Musical

Post by Misha Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Oh cool :'D
    I wouldn't mind helping out.

First things first, we need slots for main characters and secondary characters.
    Even though we don't have a plot, we should get this out of the way so that people don't want to keep adding in their utau and everything gets to large to handle.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:47 pm

I'd love to help out with this~!

though I may not be good with the plot, since most of the stories I come up with are tradgedies and don't work well with the musical theme (excluding Shakespearean works. >.>)

But it would be awesome if you could incorporate my Utau, Ichine Luna into this~
    I like the idea of covering songs in the musical. Not so much work for us.

Also, I OCULD help with the animation, since i have Sony Vegas and Adobe Photoshop Premiere...
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:54 pm

I'd like to help with this!
    It'd be awesome if Kenji was in it. :D Like, really awesome.
    Hmmmmm.... for a plot... well, unless someone has an amazingly creative mind, it's kind of stuck on everyone's-trying-to-prepare/audition-for-a-part-in-a-show-and-the-main-characters-get-the-parts-and-then-something-gets-messed-up-and-this-is-a-very-cheesy-plot. XD
    Ezri
    Ezri

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:59 pm

XD Woo! I can only think of really cheesy plots as well OTL.

There's an UTAU I'd LOVE to pair up with someone, but I have to get it Ok'd with his creator first. >w>;; And there's my UTAU. XD

Does everyone have a link to their UTAU's profiles of some sort? XD I'd like to see how they might interact together...

EDIT: I'm a hypocrite. Here's my UTAU's profile: http://www.blogger.com/profile/15158642762753671165
    Catarsis
    Catarsis

Notes : 1916

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Catarsis Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:11 pm

ashkjashasjas DO WANT
    If you put Katarina in it I'll be very glad, although I have to finish her new VB but I'll finish it soon ^^; XD
    And I can help with artwork and stuff. :'D
    Rayshia
    Rayshia

Notes : 430

Post by Rayshia Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:27 pm

I'd love to help with the plot and scriptwriting as well as the music, though I'm not very good at composing actual SONGS WITH LYRICS. I'm more of a bg music composer. ^^;

But, yeah. Count on me! I'll try and think up a plot that doesn't involve auditions and high school musical,

On the one condition that you include one song:
    Shangri La, by Kagamine Rin and Len

Because you know that song would be perfect for a musical.
    Ezri
    Ezri

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Rayshia wrote:I'd love to help with the plot and scriptwriting as well as the music, though I'm not very good at composing actual SONGS WITH LYRICS. I'm more of a bg music composer. ^^;

But, yeah. Count on me! I'll try and think up a plot that doesn't involve auditions and high school musical,

On the one condition that you include one song:
    Shangri La, by Kagamine Rin and Len

Because you know that song would be perfect for a musical.

I'd never heard that song. X3 It does sound very musical-ish, yes. :3 And it has nothing to do with auditions. XD
    Ezri
    Ezri

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Ok, I'm gonna start making a character list They're not arranged into roles as of yet, so here are all the people who've offered. (NOT AT ALL A COMPLETE/FINAL LIST):

Kikyo Chirune-
    Ri Harukane-
    Luna Ichine-
    Kenji Baionoto-
    Katarina Sokkyoune-
    Rayshia
    Rayshia

Post by Rayshia Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Gyah, I already have a possible plot ready for approval. =_= How about this... It's (kinda obviously) partially based off the song Sand Scraper....

[Male lead] is a young man in the early 1900's. He is bored of his life in his bland city of iron and metal and industry, but doesn't have enough money to move it, so he decides to stow away on a train called 'The Sand Scraper' that's recently arrived in town. However, not long after the train leaves the station, he is discovered by the conductor of the train, a girl about his age named [female lead]. Displeased that she has a stowaway on her train, she puts him to work on the train as, at first, one of those guys that shovel coal into the engine.

He meets his new 'co-workers' and finds out that they all come from different backgrounds, but ultimately, were all recruited as workers on the train in a fashion not unsimilar to the way he was recruited. So after a song or two, the train arrives at it's first stop.

That's when [male lead] finds out that the Sand Scraper isn't just any train. It is a train that has the ability to travel through time and space, and has the duty of picking up souls of the dead, and transporting them to the realm of the dead.

So basically there are several stops, where we see a couple of mini-stories and people live and die, finally picking up the soul and departing for the next stop.

At the end, the [male lead] sees that their next stop is his home town, and watches them pick up the soul of his sister, who died of grief and sickness after he left. Horrified, he says that he wants to get off, but [female lead] just laughs and says that once you get on the Sandscraper, you never get off again.

So... What do you guys think?
    Uchi-chan
    Uchi-chan

Notes : 670

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Nagare Zensoukyoku and KANDI
    Blog/Website:

Post by Uchi-chan Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:02 pm

I can help with something, please~.

This sounds very interesting. If you put KANDI in there I'd be the happiest person in the world...~shot~

But give me a direction with the plot: I can help. Is it happy, funky, weird, high, sad, emo, or what?
    Tsumanne
    Tsumanne

Notes : 1971

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: AU-loids
    Blog/Website: hideki782.deviantart.com

Post by Tsumanne Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Rayshia wrote:Gyah, I already have a possible plot ready for approval. =_= How about this... It's (kinda obviously) partially based off the song Sand Scraper....

[Male lead] is a young man in the early 1900's. He is bored of his life in his bland city of iron and metal and industry, but doesn't have enough money to move it, so he decides to stow away on a train called 'The Sand Scraper' that's recently arrived in town. However, not long after the train leaves the station, he is discovered by the conductor of the train, a girl about his age named [female lead]. Displeased that she has a stowaway on her train, she puts him to work on the train as, at first, one of those guys that shovel coal into the engine.

He meets his new 'co-workers' and finds out that they all come from different backgrounds, but ultimately, were all recruited as workers on the train in a fashion not unsimilar to the way he was recruited. So after a song or two, the train arrives at it's first stop.

That's when [male lead] finds out that the Sand Scraper isn't just any train. It is a train that has the ability to travel through time and space, and has the duty of picking up souls of the dead, and transporting them to the realm of the dead.

So basically there are several stops, where we see a couple of mini-stories and people live and die, finally picking up the soul and departing for the next stop.

At the end, the [male lead] sees that their next stop is his home town, and watches them pick up the soul of his sister, who died of grief and sickness after he left. Horrified, he says that he wants to get off, but [female lead] just laughs and says that once you get on the Sandscraper, you never get off again.

How ironic, I had Viai sing Sandscraper not 3 minutes ago xD

Sounds alright, the going through space and time to transport souls and stuff sorta reminds me of Pirates of the Carribean :'D

I don't know if I can help with this project - I'm pretty bad at arts... and I'm bad with procrastination Dx I probably could suggest one of my UTAUs be in it, but I dunno...
    Rayshia
    Rayshia

Post by Rayshia Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Tsumanne wrote:
    Rayshia wrote:Gyah, I already have a possible plot ready for approval. =_= How about this... It's (kinda obviously) partially based off the song Sand Scraper....

Sounds alright, the going through space and time to transport souls and stuff sorta reminds me of Pirates of the Carribean :'D

I don't know if I can help with this project - I'm pretty bad at arts... and I'm bad with procrastination Dx I probably could suggest one of my UTAUs be in it, but I dunno...

Is it being like PoC a bad thing? I tried to make it original... ^^; And I thoughtthat the incoporated several shorter stories into a larger plot would allow for more cameos and other sub-plots as well... ^^;
    Tsumanne
    Tsumanne

Notes : 1971

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: AU-loids
    Blog/Website: hideki782.deviantart.com

Post by Tsumanne Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Rayshia wrote:
    Tsumanne wrote:

Is it being like PoC a bad thing? I tried to make it original... ^^; And I thought that the incoporated several shorter stories into a larger plot would allow for more cameos and other sub-plots as well... ^^;

No, it's not a bad thing, don't worry
    Fura
    Fura

Notes : 464

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kirane Shura
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/Katfura
    Status: Almost done th first VCV song! (just need to finish the picture~)

Post by Fura Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:17 am

FFFF YAY! 8DD Can Shura join?
    This is such a cool idea, and I'd love to help with anything! But I was wondering, are they just going to sing the songs or are we going to let them talk?
    Anyway, I can help with artwork if I'm not too busy ;D
    Oh, and I love the Sandscraper idea btw ^^
    Ezri
    Ezri

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 am

Ezri wrote:Ok, I'm gonna start making a character list They're not arranged into roles as of yet, so here are all the people who've offered. (NOT AT ALL A COMPLETE/FINAL LIST):

Kikyo Chirune-
    Ri Harukane-
    Luna Ichine-
    Kenji Baionoto-
    Katarina Sokkyoune-
    KANDI-
    Shura Kirane-
    Added 2 more UTAUloids. ^^

I like the Sandscraper idea as well. ^^; So, if everyone's fond of that one...

@Fura: That's a good question. O: I think they should talk, because it would be difficult to only use songs...but that's just me.
    Fura
    Fura

Notes : 464

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kirane Shura
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/Katfura
    Status: Almost done th first VCV song! (just need to finish the picture~)

Post by Fura Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Ezri wrote:
    Ezri wrote:Ok, I'm gonna start making a character list They're not arranged into roles as of yet, so here are all the people who've offered. (NOT AT ALL A COMPLETE/FINAL LIST):

Kikyo Chirune-
    Ri Harukane-
    Luna Ichine-
    Kenji Baionoto-
    Katarina Sokkyoune-
    KANDI-
    Shura Kirane-
    Added 2 more UTAUloids. ^^

I like the Sandscraper idea as well. ^^; So, if everyone's fond of that one...

@Fura: That's a good question. O: I think they should talk, because it would be difficult to only use songs...but that's just me.

Talking would be really cool, but its much more work. If it would be in english, all the UTAUs should have english samples, and I don't think they all have that. Its possible to just use japanese samples, but that would take longer too.
    If it's gonna be in japanese, everything should be translated and yeah... same story xDD
    I'm not saying it isn't possible, just that we should consider that it could take long XD
    But still, them talking would cause so much awesoneness *w*
    Angel Kiss Hikari
    Angel Kiss Hikari

Notes : 367

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: CCCloids
    Blog/Website: cccloids.webs.com

Post by Angel Kiss Hikari Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:34 am

I could help with the storyline, if you want.
    (Also, I'd love it if you put my UTAU, Amilia Enne, in)
    Yanyu
    Yanyu

Notes : 1046

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MiSS SAiYA
    Blog/Website: http://misssaiya.blogspot.com/
    Status: ACT1 -Small Edits- Finding a better microphone for VCV ACT 2

Post by Yanyu Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:16 am

I guess the only good thing I'm pretty good at is drawing.... but I have no awesome software that would help me make PV's and Saiya is pretty much non-existent outside of my computer... So~ Um~ I probably would be much help but I aprove of an Utau musical~

(Maybe you should give Teto or someone a part? Then maybe more people would watch it if there's a utau that's "popular" in it >.> *shot* j-just a suggestion)
    Misha
    Misha

Notes : 2890

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/

Post by Misha Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Oh, well, uh, I wouldn't mind my utau, Hachi, in it xD
    And since you kinda need males, you can Ichiro as well o wo;
    Aline
    Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Post by Aline Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:32 pm

You can use Aline as well, and I kinda have an idea for that musical XD

A girl and a guy fall in love for each other, but three obxionous-voiced girls (pitchbends, higher notes and g flags might help on that) want to stop them at any cost, because the trio's leader loves the guy. Due to these three, the girl's family thinks she shouldn't see him anymore, and just to be mean, they lock her on her room. It's up to him and a group of friends to defeat the three obxionous girls and the family. One of them could be the girls' sister, just to add insult to the injury or something.

Characters:
    - The guy
    - The girl
    - The girl's mom
    - The girl's dad
    - The girl's bratty brother (shota VBs anyone?)
    - The girl's stupid sister/obxionous girl 1
    - Obxionous girl 2
    - Obxionous girl 3
    - Guy's friend 1
    - Guys's friend 2
    - And maybe guy's friend 3 and 4, and maybe a pedo uncle for the girl as well.

You can include magical powers in the story if you want to XD

*Lame story is lame*
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:23 pm

YESSSS BEST IDEA EVER <3

I would loooove to help with/write the music, though I probably couldn't help with lyrics if it's in Japanese, but it sounds like it's gonna be in English, so yaaaay~

I really like the Sandscraper idea, but Aline's idea sounds really cute, too. ^__^

I think I saw a tutorial on Youtube that really helps if you're trying to make your UTAUloids talk, lemme dig it up...

And also if you still need people you're welcome to use Kazuko and/or Scherzo. ^__^
    Aline
    Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Post by Aline Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:38 pm

I actually have lots of ideas... Another would be about a regent prince who has been put a curse on his voice by an evil wizard who envied it (LOL, Fjord's VB would come up as very handy, but it'd need help from mx to make the princely parts, and guess what, I'm afraid to ask XD), and the peasants would help him find the wizard to get his voice back and stuff.

I also had an idea where a group of bored travellers enter a strange portal to a magic world (LOL, Gensokyo? XD), and they have to win their differences and develop themselves if they want to leave (almost like that Dungeons & Dragons 80's cartoon, but with an end). They HAVE to leave eventually, though, so, they just can't decide to stay, or else, they won't be able to come back, and all their memories and existence are completely erased.

And I had the idea of making a musical for Camilo's and Celestine's past incarnation's story (with Wizard War and everything), but meh, I don't think BlueValkyrie and Yesi-chan would really like to see it happen. Also, it'd be so chorusy XD

But in the end, I liked the couple one's more, no idea on why.
    Ezri
    Ezri

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Aline's couple story is ADORABLE. XDDD (Lol, I'm so lame...*shot in the head*)It's very cliche', but I love it anyway. XD We could play off the cliche'-ness...

(but I like the Sandscraper idea too oh snap.)
    Rayshia
    Rayshia

Post by Rayshia Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:05 am

So... We gonna decide?

You don't have to use the Sand Scraper storyline if you like Aline-senpais' better, I guess. More people seem to like it, so...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:08 pm