Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Cepom
    Cepom

    Posts : 41
    Notes : 147
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 28
    Location : Brunei

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Suara Aquamarine
    Blog/Website:
    Status: Her voice is stil in progress

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by Cepom on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:33 pm

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? B

    Can someone explain this a little bit? Because when I read this, I only get a picture that I should make a note with three different octave..

    e.g:

    'a' --> 'a' in lower octave
    --> 'a' in middle octave
    --> 'a' in higher octave..

    Am I wrong??
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by Guest on Mon May 03, 2010 2:12 am

    I'm really not certain about this but as no one is answering... ^^;;;

    I do know there are Japanese UTAU voicebanks that record a high version of each phoneme... because I've had to take the extra character out of USTs to make parts work. So this makes sense with that...

    That's as far as my knowledge stretches on this issue though.

    Edit: Typos


    Last edited by dreamyilia on Mon May 03, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cepom
    Cepom

    Posts : 41
    Notes : 147
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 28
    Location : Brunei

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Suara Aquamarine
    Blog/Website:
    Status: Her voice is stil in progress

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by Cepom on Mon May 03, 2010 7:09 am

    dreamyilia wrote:I'm really not certain about this but as no one is answering... ^^;;;

    I do know there are japanese UTAU voicebanks that record a high version of each phoneme... because I've had to take the extra character out of USTs to make parts work. So this makes sense with that...

    That's as far as my knowledge stratches on this issue though.

    *Sob sob*... Even though this silly question of mine had sunk for almost a week, you have pulled it up. Thank you for your concern. It makes me happy. >w<..

    By the way, I'm curious about the definition of USTs and VSQs..
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

    Posts : 1353
    Notes : 3737
    Reputation : 92
    Join date : 2010-01-18
    Age : 24
    Location : TEH PROGRAMMING ROOM D:

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 on Mon May 03, 2010 7:34 am

    Cepom wrote:
    dreamyilia wrote:I'm really not certain about this but as no one is answering... ^^;;;

    I do know there are japanese UTAU voicebanks that record a high version of each phoneme... because I've had to take the extra character out of USTs to make parts work. So this makes sense with that...

    That's as far as my knowledge stratches on this issue though.

    *Sob sob*... Even though this silly question of mine had sunk for almost a week, you have pulled it up. Thank you for your concern. It makes me happy. >w<..

    By the way, I'm curious about the definition of USTs and VSQs..

    First things first, is the notes on different octaves thing.
    You do NOT need to record separate phonemes in different pitches. This is only optional, and is REALLY REALLY REALLY optional for triphonic banks. This does, however, make each note sound relatively closer to your own voice, and can be used for a more high-quality bank.
    I've not tested this with triphones before, but when Teto made her triphones, she didn't have other recorded pitches anymore, so I don't know the effect of other-pitched recordings on triphones.

    Next. USTs and VSQs.
    VSQs are Vocaloid SeQuences. They used in VOCALOID2 as the basic file type, however, VOCALOID MIDI can also be used, as these store the phoneme data and tempo.
    VOCALOID MIDI is mainly used in VOCALOID1 and is usually ignored by those who use VOCALOID 2, however, it is handy to have one in handy in case you want to use VOCALOID 1 for some reason.

    USTs are basically the same as VSQs, except they are made for UTAU. I'm pretty sure that UST is an acronym for "UTAU Sequence Text". USTs and VSQs are different from each other in two ways.
    1. USTs can only have one track.
    2. USTs have two "Modes"- Mode 1 (which is rather difficult to use) and Mode 2 (which commonly for japanese made usts, is not used). These modes can be switched by pressing the "Mode2" button in UTAU. Triphonic banks usually do not support mode 1, as pitch bends are made according to where each note's envelope begins, rather than where the note ends on the track.

    *large wall of text is large*
    Cepom
    Cepom

    Posts : 41
    Notes : 147
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 28
    Location : Brunei

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Suara Aquamarine
    Blog/Website:
    Status: Her voice is stil in progress

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by Cepom on Mon May 03, 2010 8:20 am

    Quote from LupinAKAFlashTH2:

    *large wall of text is large*

    You mean the image on my first post? My apologize, I don't know how to re size it.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

    Posts : 1353
    Notes : 3737
    Reputation : 92
    Join date : 2010-01-18
    Age : 24
    Location : TEH PROGRAMMING ROOM D:

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 on Mon May 03, 2010 10:51 am

    Ahahaha. No actually my response to you. XD;
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

    Posts : 1161
    Notes : 2912
    Reputation : 72
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 26

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by Chasing Fireflies on Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 am

    Hmm... that tutorial is really confusingly worded. o.o;; I think what the last part is saying is that you only want to record sounds that end in a vowel. But really, there aren't any Japanese sounds that end in a consonant, so if you're making a Japanese voicebank, you're not even going to run into that problem.

    I'm sorry it took so long to answer your question~ T__T
    xLei
    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 28
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by xLei on Mon May 03, 2010 12:26 pm

    LupinAKAFlashTH2 wrote:
    Next. USTs and VSQs.
    VSQs are Vocaloid SeQuences. They used in VOCALOID2 as the basic file type, however, VOCALOID MIDI can also be used, as these store the phoneme data and tempo.
    VOCALOID MIDI is mainly used in VOCALOID1 and is usually ignored by those who use VOCALOID 2, however, it is handy to have one in handy in case you want to use VOCALOID 1 for some reason.

    However, a much faster method is taking the VSQ from Vocaloid2 and dropping it over Vocaloid1's shortcut icon.

    I cheat using that method for Vocaloid1 and KAITO.

    Vocaloid1 can read Vocalod2 VSQs but as far as I'm concerned, dropping the VSQs on the Vocaloid1 icon is the only way they'll read it.
    Misha
    Misha
    Moderator

    Posts : 882
    Notes : 2890
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 26
    Location : in your buttocks

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/
    Status: Doing....Nothing

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by Misha on Mon May 03, 2010 12:28 pm

    xLei wrote:
    LupinAKAFlashTH2 wrote:
    Next. USTs and VSQs.
    VSQs are Vocaloid SeQuences. They used in VOCALOID2 as the basic file type, however, VOCALOID MIDI can also be used, as these store the phoneme data and tempo.
    VOCALOID MIDI is mainly used in VOCALOID1 and is usually ignored by those who use VOCALOID 2, however, it is handy to have one in handy in case you want to use VOCALOID 1 for some reason.

    However, a much faster method is taking the VSQ from Vocaloid2 and dropping it over Vocaloid1's shortcut icon.

    I cheat using that method for Vocaloid1 and KAITO.

    Vocaloid1 can read Vocalod2 VSQs but as far as I'm concerned, dropping the VSQs on the Vocaloid1 icon is the only way they'll read it.

    Or you could just change the vsq file to a midi file.
    xLei
    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 28
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by xLei on Mon May 03, 2010 12:32 pm

    I find VSQs a lot easier to use than Midi so I just use that method xD
    Cepom
    Cepom

    Posts : 41
    Notes : 147
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 28
    Location : Brunei

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Suara Aquamarine
    Blog/Website:
    Status: Her voice is stil in progress

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by Cepom on Tue May 04, 2010 3:32 am

    Chasing Fireflies wrote:Hmm... that tutorial is really confusingly worded. o.o;; I think what the last part is saying is that you only want to record sounds that end in a vowel. But really, there aren't any Japanese sounds that end in a consonant, so if you're making a Japanese voicebank, you're not even going to run into that problem.

    I'm sorry it took so long to answer your question~ T__T

    Nah~ I don't really mind (or was I? :p). Does vowel mean like "ne" or somethinng like that? Or, or, or only the letter 'e' from "ne".
    Cepom
    Cepom

    Posts : 41
    Notes : 147
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 28
    Location : Brunei

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Suara Aquamarine
    Blog/Website:
    Status: Her voice is stil in progress

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by Cepom on Tue May 04, 2010 3:34 am

    xLei wrote:I find VSQs a lot easier to use than Midi so I just use that method xD

    I remember exporting VSQs from Vocaloid2 to UTAU.. is only opened the VSQs itself. Or exporting lyrics form UTAU by Midi. I forgot.
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

    Posts : 1161
    Notes : 2912
    Reputation : 72
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 26

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by Chasing Fireflies on Tue May 04, 2010 9:33 am

    Cepom wrote:
    Chasing Fireflies wrote:Hmm... that tutorial is really confusingly worded. o.o;; I think what the last part is saying is that you only want to record sounds that end in a vowel. But really, there aren't any Japanese sounds that end in a consonant, so if you're making a Japanese voicebank, you're not even going to run into that problem.

    I'm sorry it took so long to answer your question~ T__T

    Nah~ I don't really mind (or was I? :p). Does vowel mean like "ne" or somethinng like that? Or, or, or only the letter 'e' from "ne".

    That's right. ^__^ In "ne", 'n' would be the consonant and 'e' would be the vowel.

    Sponsored content

    Can someone explain this a little bit...? Empty Re: Can someone explain this a little bit...?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:50 am