Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
LupinAKAFlashTH2
A and Luka
Fura
smeen
Zeny
xLei
Chasing Fireflies
Ezri
Haloheroine
13 posters

Vocaloid Otaku forums are back up!

Vocaloid Otaku forums are back up! Empty Vocaloid Otaku forums are back up!

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 1:50 am

Now we can spam them ^^

I like hanging out here better though.
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3530

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Vocaloid Otaku forums are back up! Empty Re: Vocaloid Otaku forums are back up!

Post by Haloheroine Mon May 03, 2010 2:10 am

Here has a nicer atmosphere because we're generally... I'm not sure...

But the new layout is nice and fresh~ Yay~
    Ezri
    Ezri

Notes : 1489

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Chirune Kikyo
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Mon May 03, 2010 10:21 am

VocaloidOtaku won't let me sign in anymore, for whatever reason. -A- I like this place better, anyway. XD
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies Mon May 03, 2010 10:22 am

@Ezri
    Haha, totally agreed! VO is kinda scary. o.o
    xLei
    xLei

Notes : 2109

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

Post by xLei Mon May 03, 2010 12:34 pm

VO felt strange, most people there were kinda elitist D:

I just hung out in the MMD/VSQ area xD
    Zeny
    Zeny

Notes : 1239

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Zeny
    Blog/Website: http://zenywolf.deviantart.com

Post by Zeny Mon May 03, 2010 2:26 pm

Haloheroine wrote:Here has a nicer atmosphere because we're generally... I'm not sure...

But the new layout is nice and fresh~ Yay~

It's because this is a smaller community where people can get to know each other more easily.

That said, I prefer this place even if I am outspoken and not shy.
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Post by smeen Mon May 03, 2010 2:29 pm

I prefer this place too. I dunno why though...

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Here, we're not elitist, perverted touhoufags (H)
    Most of us dont live in the BL.
    We're not obsessed with sexual terms. etc.
    We actually want to learn stuff and get better at things.
    We're smaller, so we can know everyone a lot easier.

so yeah.

VO is rated R. ^^

(I clung in the UTAU section.)
    Fura
    Fura

Notes : 464

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kirane Shura
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/Katfura
    Status: Almost done th first VCV song! (just need to finish the picture~)

Post by Fura Mon May 03, 2010 5:31 pm

Agreed with all the above xD
    And I can't login either o_O I think they removed my account Dx

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 10:31 pm

No, all the accounts were removed with the server switch. Just re-make them.

VO scares me a bit too, but I go there for Synchronicity novel translations...
    Ezri
    Ezri

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Mon May 03, 2010 10:42 pm

...they removed ALL the accounts so it could be prettier?! O:<

Screw it.

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 10:43 pm

I'd say that too...but...Synchronicity novel translations. Come on.
    xLei
    xLei

Notes : 2109

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

Post by xLei Mon May 03, 2010 10:58 pm

LOL yup I had to make a new account.
    A and Luka
    A and Luka

Notes : 8

Post by A and Luka Tue May 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Hello. This is obviously A and Luka(Two moderators at VocaloidOtaku, if you don't know). We told ourselves that we wouldn't sign up but we caved. Not because we actually wanted to join, oh no. VO is our home, but because a place we care about is being slandered by the members. Some of whom are actually members of VO yourselves.

Just to clear things up, EVERYONE has to re-register. We had a server changed because our old server literally became filled. No, we didn't remove any accounts. We didn't remove the accounts to make it "prettier" either. We HAD to move because we ran out of room. Our new server has much more space for us to use.

It also bothers us that you are saying our users are elitists, Touhoufags, and perverts. You all say yourselves that you don't really venture out of the subforums you hang around at VO, so we kindly ask you do not judge our users just from what you've heard.
    We don't judge or say anything insulting about the Overseas Utau forum at VO, we'd atleast like a little respect. Yes, there is a lot of perverted nonsense in the Bro Lounge that happens, however those are inside jokes. If you ventured about more and got to know the forum better you'd know this.

A large majority of the users are fans of Touhou, however, everyone has likes and dislikes. There are also just as many Pokemon fans on VO. Just as there are probably as many anime and manga fans on your forums. There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking Touhou, or any other fandom for that matter.

As for us 'not wanting to learn and improve' I think you are very mistaken. Everyone in the campus and Utau section loves to learn and improve, after all many of you are on VO yourselves.

Our community is a large one. Yes, you can't 'get to know everyone', but once upon a time, it was just as small as this forum. Everyone knew each other inside out. Every forum starts out like this. Yours will eventually grow to be one where you 'don't know everyone' as well. VO grew because it became successful, it's as simple as that

We would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't talk about our forum in such a derogatory manner. It does nothing but make yourselves look bad. We realized that Overseas Utau forum has done this in the past and we've let it slide. This is going too far though. It would of been nice for VO and this forum to get along and collaborate. We have never said one negative thing about your forum on ours. I don't see why you all feel the need to bash for no reason. We have done absolutely nothing to you.

We think it's great that you have pride in your forum and you should keep it that way. It's the members that make the forum. However, it is not a legitimate excuse to bash other forums though with no good reason. If you have something to say about VocaloidOtaku, post it there or contact one of our moderators or admin through email. We'd be happy to discuss it with you.

Thanks.

~A and Luka

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Most of the stuff up there was jokes. We don't hate Touhou fans, we're just poking fun. We like exaggerating, that's all.

But if it was offending...well...yeah. Sorry.
    A and Luka
    A and Luka

Post by A and Luka Tue May 04, 2010 10:14 pm

We fail to see how calling us "elitists" is poking fun.

We appreciate the apology though.
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Tue May 04, 2010 10:14 pm

I agree with the above. o3o
    Misha
    Misha

Notes : 2890

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/

Post by Misha Tue May 04, 2010 10:32 pm

On behalf of OU, I would like to sincerely apologize. What just occurred was extremely offensive to VO, and as a mod, I take full responsibility for not curbing this behavior sooner.

This went beyond the realm of exaggerations and petty jokes. I fully agree with this.

I'm pretty sure our members said this not thinking that members of your forum would be looking on at this, and was written on the heat of the moment. So please, don't be to angry at them. Yes, what happened was extremely disrespectful to your forum, but we are only human. I know this is hardly an excuse, but we all make mistakes.

If there is anything we can do to make this up to you, please tell me. Again, on behalf of OU, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Misha wrote:On behalf of OU, I would like to sincerely apologize. What just occurred was extremely offensive to VO, and as a mod, I take full responsibility for not curbing this behavior sooner.

This went beyond the realm of exaggerations and petty jokes. I fully agree with this.

I'm pretty sure our members said this not thinking that members of your forum would be looking on at this, and was written on the heat of the moment. So please, don't be to angry at them. Yes, what happened was extremely disrespectful to your forum, but we are only human. I know this is hardly an excuse, but we all make mistakes.

If there is anything we can do to make this up to you, please tell me. Again, on behalf of OU, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Well said. -salute-
    산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi)
    산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi)

Notes : 838

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 歌音山将
    Blog/Website: http://kimsansyo.blog128.fc2.com/blog-entry-3.html

Post by 산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi) Tue May 04, 2010 10:39 pm

However, I'd like to say, (Just my opinion) the UTAU section of the Vocaloid Otaku forums was a tad obnoxious for me. *A*;
    Every thread there was some random person spawning a new UTAU that they made in one day. I can't say much about the other sections of Vocaloid Otaku, but as far as the UTAU community goes, I like to say here is better than there. .u. (Probably because UTAU is the main thing here;;; )
    A and Luka
    A and Luka

Post by A and Luka Tue May 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Thank you very much, Misha.

We will not hold what was said against your members and will gladly forgive them. It is just our greatest hope that they think about what they say before they said it, as the results can be hurtful.

We fully accept your apology. We would like it if VO and OU could get along more peacefully in the future, as we have no ill intentions towards OU in anyway.

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:45 pm

산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi) wrote:However, I'd like to say, (Just my opinion) the UTAU section of the Vocaloid Otaku forums was a tad obnoxious for me. *A*;
    Every thread there was some random person spawning a new UTAU that they made in one day. I can't say much about the other sections of Vocaloid Otaku, but as far as the UTAU community goes, I like to say here is better than there. .u. (Probably because UTAU is the main thing here;;; )

Also, I don't think anyone discovers this forum until after they're really gotten into the UTAU community (because that's how I found it). Vocaloid Otaku is more popular, and I think some people make UTAU specifically for VO, rather than making this forum for the UTAU. It's all a case for specialization.

There were things I liked about VO - the immediate response to even obscure songs on Nico (which was how I found out about the Tailor Shop of Enbizaka's mind-screw) or Synchronicity translations (as said above) or the album thread. Man, I hung out on the album thread FOREVER.

...as well as finding out how to get Nanami's models. That's always useful.
    A and Luka
    A and Luka

Post by A and Luka Tue May 04, 2010 10:55 pm

산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi) wrote:However, I'd like to say, (Just my opinion) the UTAU section of the Vocaloid Otaku forums was a tad obnoxious for me. *A*;

A lot of Utau users ask for help through other methods though as well. Yes, there will be quite afew users that actually post only once in the Utau section, however I've seen many that have improved and stuck around(They outshined the ones that only posted once). However, there are more users, atleast from what I've noticed, that ask for help and/or critique. Not just in the Utau section but in the Vocaloid Campus(Especially the Vocaloid campus.). Most of the Utau that I've seen in the old Utau subforum(Before the move) weren't 'bad' either(Of course not 'terrific' either mind you, they could require some critique and/or help). I'm sure they would have appreciated critique and help for their Utau. I wouldn't doubt that.

I think the Utau community really appreciates help. I(A), am not necessarily an Utau user(I have the program, I've got Lavan, 911, Shura, Ibu and a couple others downloaded, but never really bothered to grasp the program), but I encourage others to help the newer Utau users on VO or over here, along with the ones that want critique. I completely support and encourage people to critique and/or help Utau if they see necessary, so long as it's not in a bashing manner.
    Ezri
    Ezri

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Tue May 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Didn't mean to offend anyone, really. ^^; I'm sorry. I was just frustrated with the thought of having to go through a sign-up process again. XD
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3530

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine Wed May 05, 2010 2:37 am

@A and Luka
    Our members didn't mean it in that way at all, but I apologize on behalf of the community as well.
    I am one of the people that started out on VO... But The members in the UTAU forum can get obnoxious. Still, it's one of the tabs that I always keep open ^^-

...I myself was a bit offended by your post, but it was probably just because you yourselves were hurt |:

Some UTAU users ARE elitist, but that isn't VOs fault, and they don't just hang out there. Also, the majority of VO members aren't any of what they were called.

Ignore. I suck

Anyway, guys, warning. Be constructive if you're going to criticize things, not just rude. Otherwise, this thread will be locked/deleted.

Last edited by Haloheroine on Wed May 05, 2010 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm