Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Cepom
suthethird
어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi)
Lenexia
crashflashbang
Haloheroine
smeen
11 posters

Onaneko stopped with Ayane

smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Onaneko stopped with Ayane Empty Onaneko stopped with Ayane

Post by smeen Fri May 14, 2010 6:00 am

It is on her DA. She doesn't feel good and she dropped the character.
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3530

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Onaneko stopped with Ayane Empty Re: Onaneko stopped with Ayane

Post by Haloheroine Fri May 14, 2010 6:17 am

AW NO WEI.
    D: *goes to check what she said about it*
    *sees poll* ; n; Duuude. I wanna know whats going on. T___T But at the same time, that's prying to much, isn't it?
    crashflashbang
    crashflashbang

Notes : 760

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aratane Shiroki
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/crashflashbang

Post by crashflashbang Fri May 14, 2010 6:24 am

I hope she changes her mind... :<
    Lenexia
    Lenexia

Notes : 854

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Tuwai Raitone / Mia Kakune / Dio Kongosekine
    Blog/Website:

Post by Lenexia Fri May 14, 2010 8:08 am

I hope too D: I like Ayane, her voice is awesome, I like not-so-ubergirly voices like Ayanes... I hope she takes it back, sooner or later.

Notes : 2094
    Location : No matter where you are... Everyone is always connected. - Lain

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project Infininate Nocturne
    Blog/Website: http://projectinifinatenocturne.webs.com/

Post by 어리싸 라커씨(EorissaRakeo-ssi) Fri May 14, 2010 11:17 am

that was on her twitter a month ago.
    shes really depressed and doesnt really know why. sooo she dropped UTAU not just ayane.

For the time being I have adopted Ayane Wakana Under Onaneko's Approval. Until she is ready to return I have adopted Ayane <3 So shes not a dropped Utauloid.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Sat May 15, 2010 5:13 am

I knew she was feeling quite miserable... I hope she gets well soon. I had a period like that too and it's the best you just stop doing everything that eats your time.
    suthethird
    suthethird

Notes : 961

Post by suthethird Sat May 15, 2010 5:17 am

... Why do people scramble to adopt UTAUs?
    I've never understood it.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Sat May 15, 2010 5:19 am

I don't know, but Onaneko gave her approval so I think it's okay in this case.
    suthethird
    suthethird

Post by suthethird Sat May 15, 2010 5:31 am

smeen wrote:I don't know, but Onaneko gave her approval so I think it's okay in this case.

Well, Onaneko may be permanently quitting, so it's not really like she would care.
    But I know that it really made SRS mad when Amagaku started claiming Zuii as her own.
    And SRS did give her approval for Amagaku to adopt Zuii. It's just, well... Amagaku claiming Zuii as her own made SRS mad.

I don't even get the importance of an UTAU being 'dropped.' Zander hasn't released any updates to Zanda in God knows how long, but no one tried adopting him. He kind of abandoned UTAU, but his UTAU wasn't dropped. It just wasn't getting updated.
    Conversely, LOKE got basically NO updates for a year, nor did Hoke really use him more than once or twice. That didn't make him dropped. It just.. I dunno, made him an UTAU that his user didn't use often.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Sat May 15, 2010 5:36 am

Yeah, you can't claim somebody's UTAU as your own.

I guess an UTAU is dropped when the maker says so. When somebody announces that they won't work on their UTAU anymore it's dropped... Or abadoned. or whatever you want to call it. It has nothing to do with updating or using speed/frequency. But when you drop a character (which is the case with Ayane) you stop using a character all together.

I'm sorry if this isn't correct, but the last piece was written from a writer's perspective. I've dropped some character myself and I know what that means. That they don't exist anymore for me.
    suthethird
    suthethird

Post by suthethird Sat May 15, 2010 5:45 am

smeen wrote:Yeah, you can't claim somebody's UTAU as your own.

I guess an UTAU is dropped when the maker says so. When somebody announces that they won't work on their UTAU anymore it's dropped... Or abadoned. or whatever you want to call it. It has nothing to do with updating or using speed/frequency. But when you drop a character (which is the case with Ayane) you stop using a character all together.

I'm sorry if this isn't correct, but the last piece was written from a writer's perspective. I've dropped some character myself and I know what that means. That they don't exist anymore for me.

I can easily understand what you mean and where you're coming from.
    But in that sense, it's basically impossible for an UTAU to be 'dropped' unless every copy of the UTAU's bank was deleted. Since Ayane has been in circulation, it would be very, very hard to 'drop' them. Especially seeing if there is a Japanese P who doesn't follow her twitter who downloaded Ayane and wants to use her.

A good example of that is Amakune Mayu. The Japanese person used Mayu, not Aig9 or whatever. I would like to think that they just used what they liked as opposed to what the creator said. Hai told me several times that it doesn't matter how many times you rerelease your UTAU, they're always going to use the one they like. If they like your first release, they'll use it instead of your fifth release.
    Same goes with 'dropping' the character. If people prefer using the bank to not using the bank, then they will most likely use the bank.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Sat May 15, 2010 5:49 am

Yup, you're terribly right. But I guess dropping is only in terms of the author in UTAU-cases. The author drops it, but the public can stay using it.
    suthethird
    suthethird

Post by suthethird Sat May 15, 2010 6:04 am

smeen wrote:Yup, you're terribly right. But I guess dropping is only in terms of the author in UTAU-cases. The author drops it, but the public can stay using it.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing o3o
    However, I think the Japanese use that mindset much more than overseas users do.
    (I also don't get why people ask permission to use other people's UTAUs when the download link is public...)
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Sat May 15, 2010 6:20 am

I don't know if it's good or bad. But it's the author's decision. Since they are the owners of their characters and voicebanks.

And you're right about that. I never seemed to get it either. If you don't want them to use your voicebank, don't put it on the internet.
    suthethird
    suthethird

Post by suthethird Sat May 15, 2010 7:02 am

smeen wrote:I don't know if it's good or bad. But it's the author's decision. Since they are the owners of their characters and voicebanks.

And you're right about that. I never seemed to get it either. If you don't want them to use your voicebank, don't put it on the internet.

Actually, Japanese users tend to not have that view o3o
    They basically say "Whatever. Use it for whatever and do whatever you want as long as it isn't illegal."
    Then again, they see UTAUs as instruments and we see them as characters.
    I think since we attach that character to our UTAU, we feel like we own them more than someone who just records the bank and posts it.

I think it's silly, though :c
    Cepom
    Cepom

Notes : 147

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Suara Aquamarine
    Blog/Website:

Post by Cepom Sat May 15, 2010 7:22 am

Ah~ Wakana Ayane's creator did not want to continue!? Tell me this isn't true!!

I think since we attach that character to our UTAU, we feel like we own them more than someone who just records the bank and posts it.

By the way, what do you mean by that? If I may ask.
    Aline
    Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Post by Aline Sat May 15, 2010 8:27 am

suthethird wrote:
    smeen wrote:I don't know if it's good or bad. But it's the author's decision. Since they are the owners of their characters and voicebanks.

Actually, Japanese users tend to not have that view o3o
    They basically say "Whatever. Use it for whatever and do whatever you want as long as it isn't illegal."

I think it's silly, though :c

Even though I kinda see Aline as a character as well, I'll have to disagree with that; I let peoiple use her in anything they want, even if it becomes OOC (unless it's against Ameya's rules, like songs that contain display of hatred against certain groups or something like that). Even if people made hentai of her, I don't know what my reaction would be, if I'd laugh or cry... Possibly cry of laughter! XD (If they made Linny pr0nz, though, I'd just cry; I dislike lolicon D: )

But then again, each people has a different vision of what they do with UTAU. Some people would feel uncomfortable to see their voice used for offensive songe, for example. Other wouldn't like to see the design they spent an effort in creating being tarnished in lewd depictions, and others just wouldn'tlike to see their loli/shota UTAUloids being in illegal images/songs for the character/voicer age. Others treat their UTAUloids like their "kids" and wouldn't like to see anything bad happening to them, so, everyone have their reasons. If it's a bad idea or not, it's not me or you who'll judge, but the creators themselves.

So, if Ayane's character depiction was lent to a new official promoter/uploader (what we commonly call "adoption"), let it be. After all, I don't think Ona will quit UTAU forever, she's just in a hiatus to see if she can put herself together again.

Last edited by Aline on Sat May 15, 2010 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cepom
    Cepom

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Cepom Sat May 15, 2010 8:54 am

Even though I kinda see Aline as a character as well, I'llhave to disagree with that; I let peoiple use her in anything they want, even if it becomes OOC (unless it's against Ameya's rules, like songs that contain display of hatred against certain groups or something like that). Even if people made hentai of her, I don't know what my reaction would be, if I'd laugh or cry... Possibly cry of laughter! XD (If they made Linny pr0nz, though, I'd just cry; I dislike lolicon D: )

But then again, each people has a different vision of what they do with UTAU. Some people would feel uncomfortable to see their voice used for offensive songe, for example. Other wouldn't like to see the design they spent an effort in creating being tarnished in lewd depictions, and others just wouldn'tlike to see their loli/shota UTAUloids being in illegal images/songs for the character/voicer age. Others treat their UTAUloids like their "kids" and wouldn't like to see anything bad happening to them, so, everyone have their reasons. If it's a bad idea or not, it's not me or you who'll judge, but the creators themselves.

So, if Ayane's character depiction was lent to a new official promoter/uploader (what we commonly call "adoption"), let it be. After all, I don't think Ona will quit UTAU forever, she's just in a hiatus to see if she can put herself together again.

Oh I see what suthethird meant now. I agree with you all that thinks your UTAU creation is a character, not a tool.

Well, for me..... I imagine my UTAU as my "twin little sister" or my feminine side :p. I'll never look at her as a tool nor a puppet.
    MariRoseTair
    MariRoseTair

Notes : 409

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:

Post by MariRoseTair Sat May 15, 2010 9:53 am

Siana will always be a tool and instrument of music ahead of being a character.

I've only two strict no-no's.. and one of them is already covered by Ameya's terms of service anyway, the other is so I don't get my goverment/and.or fellow countrypeople pounding on my door baying for blood. x.X

Yes she has a character, but that is just for my own personal enjoyment.
    Well it's good to give emotional worth to our Utauoilds, getting too attached however is unhealthy.

I can kind of understand adoption... yet at the same time it confuses me...

Anyway, Whatever Oneko decides, it's not really any of our business unless we're her friends. if she wishes to take a break, let her.
    If she wants to quit forever, then again her choice, can still use Ayame, just don't expect any updates.
    Cepom
    Cepom

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website:

Post by Cepom Sat May 15, 2010 10:14 am

O~kay. Every user / creator has his / her opinion of their UTAU. I'll just agree with it and I'm not making some argumentative opinion (even though what I've typed may look like an argument to you all). ^_^ V

I've only two strict no-no's.. and one of them is already covered by Ameya's terms of service anyway, the other is so I don't get my goverment/and.or fellow countrypeople pounding on my door baying for blood. x.X

Ah.. Umm, can you explain what did you mean by that? Sorry about that.

EDIT: Yeah, you're right. Being too "fanatic" on a character does make you unhealthy. I guarantee that because I do experienced this from before up till now.

Thanks to you, you've opened my mind set a bit more. I appreciate it and I'm not bluffing. 0w0V
    MariRoseTair
    MariRoseTair

Notes : 409

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:

Post by MariRoseTair Sat May 15, 2010 10:57 am

Cepom wrote:

Ah.. Umm, can you explain what did you mean by that? Sorry about that.

EDIT: Yeah, you're right. Being too "fanatic" on a character does make you unhealthy. I guarantee that because I do experienced this from before up till now.

Thanks to you, you've opened my mind set a bit more. I appreciate it and I'm not bluffing. 0w0V

One is using Siana's voice to bash mironties/anyone (apart of Ameya's rules for using Utau .. so shouldn't be done at all) the other is pairing her with anyone younger then 16. for legal resons. If I found her being used for either of those, I'd be very angry and remove her from public download. Harsh, and probably not stop the offender... but.. that is what I'd do.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Sat May 15, 2010 2:15 pm

I think seeing your UTAU as a character or instrument is totally the author's opinion.

In yuugi's case, he'd been a character of mine for almost six years now and UTAU is just another way to... honour him. There's no other way for me to see it. But of course anyone can have their own opinion on it.
    xLei
    xLei

Notes : 2109

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

Post by xLei Sat May 15, 2010 4:53 pm

To be honest, I treat all my characters like children, no matter what fandom/series/whatever they come from.

But with Vista it's a little different.

She's kinda like the me that sings. I'm too shy to sing in real life so Vista does that for me.

But I never understood why so many people just want to use UTAU to get popular.

It should be for fun right?
    suthethird
    suthethird

Post by suthethird Sat May 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Actually, I mean that Yawane Tsuzuru was posted with a little rip-synch model and that was basically all of the information on him that the author wanted to give.
    LOKE was posted with a half complete profile and no design. His voicer basically wanted someone else to design him.
    The person who made Ichigo and Churi's (two obscure overseas UTAUs) original song probably never talked to Churi or Ichigo's voicers, and I'm pretty sure that in the overseas community, they would be considered 'dropped' UTAUs.

From what I've inferred, the Japanese place much, much less importance on the character. I think that they want it to be slightly open for interpretation so that the variety of songs is, well, a little broader.
    I mean, if the Japanese were like us when it comes to characters, I think that LOKE's original song, Nijuusan Gen, and the whole pairing of LOKExAnaka would be totally impossible.
    In addition- Imagine how many Teto songs wouldn't exist if Teto's voicer said "This is Teto's personality. You should try to make songs reflect it."

The focus is just not on character.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Sun May 16, 2010 4:05 am

I get what you mean, but it's completely your own decision. I would never set up any rules for Yuugi or any other UTAU I will be creating, as long as the ones that use him respect Ameya's rules.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:41 am