Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Share

    Poll

    Would you allow another overseas member to make your UTAU's OTO.ini file?

    [ 13 ]
    33% [33%] 
    [ 3 ]
    8% [8%] 
    [ 24 ]
    59% [59%] 

    Total Votes: 40

    annamaeblythe
    Moderator

    Posts : 146
    Notes : 434
    Reputation : -37
    Join date : 2010-01-08

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: BLYTHE Anaka
    Blog/Website:
    Status: Triphone Ver - Beta: Posted

    Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by annamaeblythe on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 pm

    So, if you saw my latest video, you'd know that I'm on an OTO spree. However, one girl isn't enough to give everyone an OTO. (Especially when she has to be on dialup to download a bank.)

    I was talking to a Japanese UTAU user. People who record for voicebanks apparently rarely make their own OTOs. They just post them without them or with crappy ones, and cool people have to step in and fix them.
    However, they sometimes have more poorly configured banks than they do people to configure them.

    Why don't we try doing something like that to show that we can be cohesive?
    I think that something like "OTO races" that I outlined for several people (We pool unconfigured banks, assign them points, and then we assign the banks so that everyone will have the same amount of points in the end OR count samples and distribute them so everyone has the same amount of samples, then we set a date, then start the races. Either the first to finish or the one to have the most done by the end of the time period wins. The prize? A warm, fuzzy feeling of accomplishment. Or something cool.) would be good for the community, but it would probably be easier just to make up an OTO team, pool banks, then assign banks to the members of the OTO team.

    To be a member, you would have to display excellence in creation of OTO.ini files.
    (I'm not even sure if I can say I show excellence ... I think I can, but I'm not sure.)

    Oh, you'd also have to have the free time to configure banks. /is shot
    However, if we get this working right, it will be great for the community and allow people to focus more on what they specialize in, which is kind of what the Japanese do from what I've seen.

    Aisu

    Posts : 1143
    Notes : 2111
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Behind you

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:
    Status:

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Aisu on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:48 am

    Great idea. Personally I already started forcing helping people who want to make triphones, as I'm good with all types of oto configuration.

    ...But that doesn't mean you should immediately accept me or practically anyone who claims they're good... Iunno, it's almost 7am.

    LupinAKAFlashTH2

    Posts : 1353
    Notes : 3737
    Reputation : 92
    Join date : 2010-01-18
    Age : 21
    Location : TEH PROGRAMMING ROOM D:

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:52 am

    ... I think I'm the one person who said "Mo!" in the poll. >_>;
    Personally, I like making oto.inis. And they're coming along well. :D
    So!

    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 25
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by xLei on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:40 am

    JESUS YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH HELP THIS WOULD BE FOR ME.

    I love this idea. If anyone wants to take a shot at Vista, they are more than free to say so via PM and I will upload her OTL

    Aisu

    Posts : 1143
    Notes : 2111
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Behind you

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:
    Status:

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Aisu on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:14 am

    xLei wrote:JESUS YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH HELP THIS WOULD BE FOR ME.

    I love this idea. If anyone wants to take a shot at Vista, they are more than free to say so via PM and I will upload her OTL

    OOH PICK ME PICK ME! *PMs*

    LupinAKAFlashTH2

    Posts : 1353
    Notes : 3737
    Reputation : 92
    Join date : 2010-01-18
    Age : 21
    Location : TEH PROGRAMMING ROOM D:

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 am

    I'll help with otos! If you want! :D

    Chasing Fireflies

    Posts : 1161
    Notes : 2912
    Reputation : 72
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 23

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Chasing Fireflies on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:35 pm

    I think this'd be a great idea, and I'd be glad to help if you'd have me. ^__^

    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 25
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by xLei on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:59 pm

    Sorry Sourbet gots first dibs.

    HOWEVER, since she's working on Vista, I can now start recording my male UTAU Hibiki Akito 8D

    Yanyu

    Posts : 429
    Notes : 1046
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2010-02-18
    Age : 23
    Location : Your head~

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MiSS SAiYA
    Blog/Website: http://misssaiya.blogspot.com/
    Status: ACT1 -Small Edits- Finding a better microphone for VCV ACT 2

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Yanyu on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:37 pm

    Yanyu voted no~! I think that when you make an Utau~ (prepare for a chessy sob/areyoucryingyet?/story) that you have to raise it with love and care~ just like a story character~ Talk to it (...amItheonlyone?...) when it's lonely~ Treat it like a best friend and do your best and it will show you the way!
    Ok. I only do that a little bit. I actually like improving how they sound and learning more and more about how to get them to sound good. And when they sing - the feeling it gives you from all the hard work is great~<3 But of course helping people to do their oto.ini is a good idea I think.

    orz. J-just my thoughts... Leekspin Cool I love these smilies~<3

    annamaeblythe
    Moderator

    Posts : 146
    Notes : 434
    Reputation : -37
    Join date : 2010-01-08

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: BLYTHE Anaka
    Blog/Website:
    Status: Triphone Ver - Beta: Posted

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by annamaeblythe on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:23 pm

    *hugs Yanyu* ;.; I loves you for your philosophy on all UTAUdom. Your UTAU is your singing spleen that you should pour yourself into and make a mirror of your own voice, just a modified mirror. Not a reflection, kind of a refraction caught in the corner of our eyes~
    It's like a child made of just us. We should raise it on our own and teach it wisely.
    ...
    But at the same time, a lot of people don't think like that, and I've seen some pretty screwed up OTOs ._.

    Spores

    Posts : 113
    Notes : 374
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2010-02-07
    Age : 20
    Location : Tennessee

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kyan Niiro
    Blog/Website: http://moresporesplz.deviantart.com/
    Status: Sex now?

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Spores on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:29 pm

    I'll help with oto.inis
    I PRETTY DARN GOOD IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF.
    I think making otos is fun as hell
    -shot-

    산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi)

    Posts : 281
    Notes : 838
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2010-01-13
    Age : 24
    Location : ...저기! 저기!!( ゜▽゜

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 歌音山将
    Blog/Website: http://kimsansyo.blog128.fc2.com/blog-entry-3.html
    Status: JP Renzoku + KR Ryeonsok

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by 산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi) on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:58 pm

    There's a big problem if we did though; more like we can, actually. .A.;;;

    The japanese users and overseas users are two totally different types of communites. UTAU producers in asia are usualy real formal to each other, and they're humble enough not to make a voicebank until they've got the program and recording techniques down. (Also, the users tend to use each others libraries more often.)

    The english-speaking overseas community, in my opinion, is really different and opposite in some things;;; Like, if we have a few users to do oto's for others, than the percent of users who rush voicebanks and ask for their oto's fixed will increase a lot with it;;;

    (I hope I didn't sound troll-like or rude in anyways, ahaa~;;; they're just my opinions, ohoh;;;Wink

    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 25
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by xLei on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:21 am

    That makes perfect sense but some are just not good at making oto.ini (I am one because I just can't seem to get the darn thing right *fails*)

    I say help when help is needed.

    Akito's just an idea. Actually he's one of my male OCs turned UTAU just for the lulz. I won't be really releasing him to the public because he's my lulz and no one else's *shot* 8D

    However, there IS the backfire of random people just wanting to like make 2312312 voicebanks at once and then expect people to help them. But then again, there are people who release lots of voice banks because they're either good at doing different voices or their UTAU doesn't sound exactly like the gender bent they had in mind.

    Male Vista sounds like a shota boy in the middle of puberty ._.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure lots of people who have a screwed up oto.ini DO love their UTAU but making the oto.ini isn't their forte. Just because their oto.ini is screwed up doesn't mean they've abandoned their UTAU. So like I said, help when help is indeed needed.

    Aisu

    Posts : 1143
    Notes : 2111
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Behind you

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:
    Status:

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Aisu on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 am

    SANSYO wrote:There's a big problem if we did though; more like we can, actually. .A.;;;

    The japanese users and overseas users are two totally different types of communites. UTAU producers in asia are usualy real formal to each other, and they're humble enough not to make a voicebank until they've got the program and recording techniques down. (Also, the users tend to use each others libraries more often.)

    The english-speaking overseas community, in my opinion, is really different and opposite in some things;;; Like, if we have a few users to do oto's for others, than the percent of users who rush voicebanks and ask for their oto's fixed will increase a lot with it;;;

    (I hope I didn't sound troll-like or rude in anyways, ahaa~;;; they're just my opinions, ohoh;;;Wink

    What if this oto.ini-maker group also gave feedback, like what to improve, re-record, etc? Like personally I'd totally to that.

    ...besides I bet nobody would like to help an utau that rips their ears off. ._.

    And @ Yanyu: Mayu lives in my brain. I talk to her every day. We have a hate friendship. |D

    Yanyu

    Posts : 429
    Notes : 1046
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2010-02-18
    Age : 23
    Location : Your head~

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MiSS SAiYA
    Blog/Website: http://misssaiya.blogspot.com/
    Status: ACT1 -Small Edits- Finding a better microphone for VCV ACT 2

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Yanyu on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:39 am

    xLei wrote:That makes perfect sense but some are just not good at making oto.ini (I am one because I just can't seem to get the darn thing right *fails*)

    I say help when help is needed.

    Akito's just an idea. Actually he's one of my male OCs turned UTAU just for the lulz. I won't be really releasing him to the public because he's my lulz and no one else's *shot* 8D

    However, there IS the backfire of random people just wanting to like make 2312312 voicebanks at once and then expect people to help them. But then again, there are people who release lots of voice banks because they're either good at doing different voices or their UTAU doesn't sound exactly like the gender bent they had in mind.

    Male Vista sounds like a shota boy in the middle of puberty ._.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure lots of people who have a screwed up oto.ini DO love their UTAU but making the oto.ini isn't their forte. Just because their oto.ini is screwed up doesn't mean they've abandoned their UTAU. So like I said, help when help is indeed needed.

    Yes~ Yes~ I see your point~ I agree with people helping others to make/edit their Oto.ini file but I think that if you do make a group that will DO oto.ini's for other people then some people may just rely on that. I think you should help but also teach them to improve so if they want to make more VB in the future then they will know how to~ And knowing is half the battle~<3 (where did I hear that quote from....) J-just kill me if you hate me nao! I'm so sorry!!

    @ sourbet- Orly nao? Oh the fun you two must have inside there~<3 I am terribly jealous miss~<3 Too bad.

    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 25
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by xLei on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:02 pm

    Yanyu wrote:
    xLei wrote:That makes perfect sense but some are just not good at making oto.ini (I am one because I just can't seem to get the darn thing right *fails*)

    I say help when help is needed.

    Akito's just an idea. Actually he's one of my male OCs turned UTAU just for the lulz. I won't be really releasing him to the public because he's my lulz and no one else's *shot* 8D

    However, there IS the backfire of random people just wanting to like make 2312312 voicebanks at once and then expect people to help them. But then again, there are people who release lots of voice banks because they're either good at doing different voices or their UTAU doesn't sound exactly like the gender bent they had in mind.

    Male Vista sounds like a shota boy in the middle of puberty ._.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure lots of people who have a screwed up oto.ini DO love their UTAU but making the oto.ini isn't their forte. Just because their oto.ini is screwed up doesn't mean they've abandoned their UTAU. So like I said, help when help is indeed needed.

    Yes~ Yes~ I see your point~ I agree with people helping others to make/edit their Oto.ini file but I think that if you do make a group that will DO oto.ini's for other people then some people may just rely on that. I think you should help but also teach them to improve so if they want to make more VB in the future then they will know how to~ And knowing is half the battle~<3 (where did I hear that quote from....) J-just kill me if you hate me nao! I'm so sorry!!

    I also believe that actually doing the oto.ini from scratch is unfair to the people who simply want to help.

    Fixing and editing and oto.ini is not the same as making it from scratch I think.

    Then again everything backfires 8'D *shot*

    No worries, I actually understand what you're trying to say as well.

    This is indeed a nice discussion.

    Sparky

    Posts : 362
    Notes : 712
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2010-01-24
    Age : 96
    Location : On a boat

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: What's an UTAUloid?
    Blog/Website:
    Status:

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Sparky on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:54 pm

    Ehhh~
    It's a very nice idea, but then everyone would be all 'OMG MAKE MAI OTO PLZZZZ' and it might not end well @_@
    Maybe, link people to the tutorial(s), have them make their own oto, and then offer to tweak it, or listen and tell them what they should fix :<? I don't knowww... /crawlsunderrock

    Aisu

    Posts : 1143
    Notes : 2111
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 19
    Location : Behind you

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:
    Status:

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Aisu on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:01 pm

    Whatever, I'm still gonna help people with their otos. Because I'm good at it.

    LupinAKAFlashTH2

    Posts : 1353
    Notes : 3737
    Reputation : 92
    Join date : 2010-01-18
    Age : 21
    Location : TEH PROGRAMMING ROOM D:

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:05 pm

    I'm helping too!

    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 25
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by xLei on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:13 pm

    I don't think editing is really all that bad ^^;;

    Just from scratch I dunno. Seems like the other person's doing all the work OTL

    Chasing Fireflies

    Posts : 1161
    Notes : 2912
    Reputation : 72
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 23

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Chasing Fireflies on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:17 pm

    Well, I don't think someone should just shuffle their voicebank off to someone else without taking a crack at the otos themselves. But if they've been trying for a long time and they still don't get it after looking at tutorials and asking other users questions, I think it'd be alright for someone else to tweak it for them. Otos just aren't everyone's forte, I guess.

    Spores

    Posts : 113
    Notes : 374
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2010-02-07
    Age : 20
    Location : Tennessee

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kyan Niiro
    Blog/Website: http://moresporesplz.deviantart.com/
    Status: Sex now?

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Spores on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:44 pm

    I still wanna help ._.

    Saymoi

    Posts : 39
    Notes : 260
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-01-23

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:
    Status:

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Saymoi on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:55 pm

    I think this is a good idea! I love to make OTO files, and I would love to make them for other people. I make OTO files for OTO-less UTAUs pretty often, actually.
    Heck, I enjoy making OTO files for really bad UTAUs the most, usually. I'm not so sure why. xD;;
    Anyway, I'd love to make OTO files for people who need them. :3

    xLei

    Posts : 868
    Notes : 2109
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2010-01-12
    Age : 25
    Location : Ted Kasane's Bedroom ;D

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by xLei on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 pm

    Chasing Fireflies wrote:Well, I don't think someone should just shuffle their voicebank off to someone else without taking a crack at the otos themselves. But if they've been trying for a long time and they still don't get it after looking at tutorials and asking other users questions, I think it'd be alright for someone else to tweak it for them. Otos just aren't everyone's forte, I guess.

    That's what I said I think a page back 8D

    Chasing Fireflies

    Posts : 1161
    Notes : 2912
    Reputation : 72
    Join date : 2010-01-09
    Age : 23

    UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Chasing Fireflies on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:22 pm

    xLei wrote:
    Chasing Fireflies wrote:Well, I don't think someone should just shuffle their voicebank off to someone else without taking a crack at the otos themselves. But if they've been trying for a long time and they still don't get it after looking at tutorials and asking other users questions, I think it'd be alright for someone else to tweak it for them. Otos just aren't everyone's forte, I guess.

    That's what I said I think a page back 8D
    Oh! Sorry, I guess I must've skimmed it. Well, I agree with you, then! ^__^

    Sponsored content

    Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:59 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:59 am