Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Skye
Crossfrown
yesi-chan
0N0R0loids
Aline
ismichi
Misha
Saymoi
Sparky
산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi)
Spores
Yanyu
Chasing Fireflies
xLei
LupinAKAFlashTH2
Aisu
annamaeblythe
21 posters

Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

Poll

Would you allow another overseas member to make your UTAU's OTO.ini file?

[ 13 ]
    Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs? - Page 2 Bar_left33%Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs? - Page 2 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs? - Page 2 Bar_left8%Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs? - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 24 ]
    Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs? - Page 2 Bar_left59%Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs? - Page 2 Bar_right [59%] 

Total Votes: 40
    Misha
    Misha

Notes : 2890

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/

Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

Post by Misha Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:39 am

Dudes, no one is saying you AREN'T allowed to help people out with oto making. Some people are just saying not to baby the people you are helping. Show them what your doing, so next time they can do it on their own. That's all. And I'm not saying that you are babing the current person yon are helping. That is just what some people worry is going to happen.

I'm all for revising other peoples oto ini, heck I wouldn't mind I some review my UTAUs oto. Just, you know, try not to coddle the people you are helpin out. Simple as that :3
    ismichi
    ismichi

Notes : 34

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 南ミチ
    Blog/Website: http://michi-isolde.blogspot.com

Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Shouldn't we have a little group of OTO makers who make OTOs?

Post by ismichi Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Why don't we just make it so that everyone gets a win-win result?
    Someone that requests a oto.ini junks for their UTAU(s) has to offer something for the service (such as artwork, etc.). Of course, offering to do it doesn't mean that the person will have to do something for you (unless you included it in the offer).
    *fails at explaining*

So, here are some examples (cheap):
    Bad
    Spoiler:

Good A:
    Spoiler:

or, Good B:
    Spoiler:

or, Good C:
    Spoiler:

or, Good D (final one I can think of:
    Spoiler:

Examples are rather fail, but I think it works as a better explanation that what I said. XD
    Aline
    Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Post by Aline Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Well, what if people want to do it for free as well? ._.'

Also, for people saying that people shouldn't give VBs without at least trying an oto... Sometimes, it's better to have a clear oto.ini than to try and edit it form an AutoConfig oto ._.' Because AutoConfig = evil
    annamaeblythe
    annamaeblythe

Notes : 434

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: BLYTHE Anaka
    Blog/Website:

Post by annamaeblythe Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:07 pm

Wellll, here's the thing, IchyMichy. /is shot for nicknames
    It's not like that for me, wanting something in return.

It's more like:
    "YAY OTOING IS SO FUN! I'm done with this bank and I got it posted... Now what... OH LOOK AN UNCONFIGURED BANK! *configures and posts it* :D This is so much fun! Oh noes D: I don't have any more banks to configure... ;.; WHAT WILL I DO?! OH LOOK, SOMEONE NEEDS AN OTO! *downloads and configures* *posts* I FEEL FUZZY INSIDE NOW :D"
    Saymoi
    Saymoi

Notes : 260

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Saymoi Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Pft, autoconfig is terrible. xD
    I used autoconfig on a voicebank once and it BROKE the voicebank.
    Whenever I tried to play certain syllables I'd get an error message. |D
    I like the idea of a win/win situation, but I like doing OTO files for free pretty often, so I think that should be an option too. :3
    Misha
    Misha

Notes : 2890

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/

Post by Misha Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm probably one of the few people for whom the auto oto ini didn't totally suck XD
    Spores
    Spores

Notes : 374

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kyan Niiro
    Blog/Website: http://moresporesplz.deviantart.com/

Post by Spores Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:54 pm

annamaeblythe wrote:Wellll, here's the thing, IchyMichy. /is shot for nicknames

It's more like:
    "YAY OTOING IS SO FUN! I'm done with this bank and I got it posted... Now what... OH LOOK AN UNCONFIGURED BANK! *configures and posts it* :D This is so much fun! Oh noes D: I don't have any more banks to configure... ;.; WHAT WILL I DO?! OH LOOK, SOMEONE NEEDS AN OTO! *downloads and configures* *posts* I FEEL FUZZY INSIDE NOW :D"
    EXACTLY.
    TILL I HAVE TO PUT THE HIRAGANA IN
    THAT IS EVIL.
    Aisu
    Aisu

Notes : 2111

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Aisu Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:01 am

Spores wrote:
    annamaeblythe wrote:Wellll, here's the thing, IchyMichy. /is shot for nicknames

It's more like:
    EXACTLY.
    TILL I HAVE TO PUT THE HIRAGANA IN
    THAT IS EVIL.

I feel the same @ Mae. EVEN IF SHE STEELZ DEM ALL
    And what's so bad about hiragana? It's just, you know, aliases. Typing. You type all the time.
    Spores
    Spores

Notes : 374

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kyan Niiro
    Blog/Website: http://moresporesplz.deviantart.com/

Post by Spores Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:07 am

I get confused ._.
    since my language bar thing is on the frits it won't type in hiragana so I have to copy and paste from the Hirqagana chart on wiki
    ._.
    so yeah
    it sucks~
    xLei
    xLei

Notes : 2109

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

Post by xLei Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:44 am

Chasing Fireflies wrote:
    xLei wrote:
    Chasing Fireflies wrote:Well, I don't think someone should just shuffle their voicebank off to someone else without taking a crack at the otos themselves. But if they've been trying for a long time and they still don't get it after looking at tutorials and asking other users questions, I think it'd be alright for someone else to tweak it for them. Otos just aren't everyone's forte, I guess.

That's what I said I think a page back 8D
    Oh! Sorry, I guess I must've skimmed it. Well, I agree with you, then! ^__^

WOOT I is agreed with |D

PFFT autoconfig managed to make a pretty decent Vista (for those who've heard her Cendrillon cover) but it also ate some of her syllables.

And that makes me a very sad Lei D|

I think those who want to help choose whether they want payment or not. It's really up to them : D
    0N0R0loids
    0N0R0loids

Notes : 363

Post by 0N0R0loids Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:59 pm

PURE GENIUS!

poor Kaleo... how many times have i tried finishing his OTO.ini, only to find that i accidentally messed up some files or some sh-takemushroom.
    Yanyu
    Yanyu

Notes : 1046

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: MiSS SAiYA
    Blog/Website: http://misssaiya.blogspot.com/
    Status: ACT1 -Small Edits- Finding a better microphone for VCV ACT 2

Post by Yanyu Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Yanyu would love to help, just doesn't like the idea of doing them for people (whether paid or not Razz Yanyu can't be buy'd~<3...orz) teaching people and stuff (like they try it and people tell the where they went wrong and stuff and people do some as a template and explain it an stuff~ etc)
    And maybe even those who join the group would learn a few things from those within the group too Leekspin
    And AND THERE COULD TOTALZ BE A AWESOME BANGER SAYING "WELCOME TO DA SUPORT GROUP YO"

orz ignore me... rambling like an old fool... study
    annamaeblythe
    annamaeblythe

Notes : 434

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: BLYTHE Anaka
    Blog/Website:

Post by annamaeblythe Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Here's the thing.
    Teaching OTOs gets really freakin' old really freakin' fast.
    (Especially when people somehow just don't get it.)

I'd rather just sit at my computer and make an OTO right than try to hold someone's hand through the process and them do it wrong.
    That's why I say "I have a tutorial. Look at it." half of the time orz
    yesi-chan
    yesi-chan

Notes : 590

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Camila Melodía
    Blog/Website: http://camilamelodia.blogspot.com

Post by yesi-chan Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:15 am

Indeed this is a great idea! I'd love to help but school has me dead X_x and then there's the Migikata chorus pics I have to do (which is why I made the tutorial...which apparently isn't helpful, sorry guys...orz) Anyways I'll let you guys know when I can help making oto.inis because there were a few weeks where I started making so many otos I completely ignored Camila's and she needed a lot of help lol and now that I re-recorded her this might take a while too...  Also I think that besides making their otos we should try to help people learn how to make them.  I know some people don't get it right away and it gets tiring trying to teach them over and over but if that person decides to re-record their vociebank someone has to redo the oto.ini and then you have a bunch more otos to make X_x.  Also I've even offered to make otos for some of my friends and they decide they still want to learn to do them on their own.
    xLei
    xLei

Notes : 2109

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: OS Models & MS Models
    Blog/Website: http://project-vista.blogspot.com
    Status: Vista: ACT 2 BETA; Mahoune Emi: OTOs being done by Arissa

Post by xLei Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:51 am

yesi-chan wrote:Indeed this is a great idea! I'd love to help but school has me dead X_x and then there's the Migikata chorus pics I have to do (which is why I made the tutorial...which apparently isn't helpful, sorry guys...orz) Anyways I'll let you guys know when I can help making oto.inis because there were a few weeks where I started making so many otos I completely ignored Camila's and she needed a lot of help lol and now that I re-recorded her this might take a while too...  Also I think that besides making their otos we should try to help people learn how to make them.  I know some people don't get it right away and it gets tiring trying to teach them over and over but if that person decides to re-record their vociebank someone has to redo the oto.ini and then you have a bunch more otos to make X_x.  Also I've even offered to make otos for some of my friends and they decide they still want to learn to do them on their own.

Yesi I love you.

I want to learn but my head hurts after a long while of staring at random numbers @____@

And speaking of that course, I need to make those butterfly pics >>;;
    yesi-chan
    yesi-chan

Notes : 590

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Camila Melodía
    Blog/Website: http://camilamelodia.blogspot.com

Post by yesi-chan Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:02 pm

xLei wrote:

Yesi I love you.

I want to learn but my head hurts after a long while of staring at random numbers @____@

And speaking of that course, I need to make those butterfly pics >>;;
    Don't think about numbers just look at the graphical interface and its pretty colors xD (this is one of the few reasons why I prefer working in UTAU as oposed to setParam which is great but I think will make me blind :'D) I know it's hard, long and tedious but I might get on livestream later and show how I configure Camila's oto.ini for her Act2 voicebank. I'll probably announce it on twitter if I ever do get on livestream for that Smile (now if I could only find time so please pray for me to be able to finish my graduation project :'D)
    Crossfrown
    Crossfrown

Notes : 994

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Crossfrown
    Blog/Website: http://crossfrown.blog126.fc2.com/

Post by Crossfrown Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Oh my god I love making OTO files SET ME UP PLEASE.

I don't think it's necessarily bad for them not to know how to make them and get someone else to do it, but I think it's because of my unbelievably perfectionist obsession with making them. I can create a perfect OTO.ini and add romaji or hiragana compatibility in like two hours flat.

My reward for doing this is the fact I can do it at all. I like tweaking the pre-done files more than I like making the UTAUs sing.
    Skye
    Skye
    Admin

Notes : 1424

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hitori Kanane
    Blog/Website: N/A
    Status: Act 2 Betaing. Trying to make her Korean compatible.

Post by Skye Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:34 pm

Uuhh, Should I add a sub category and put in "Requests" and stuff? You know for the oto.ini thing. Ping me if you guys decide to do it.
    mugenginga
    mugenginga

Notes : 68

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Momoiro "Momo-chan" Kirane aka Melody Pink
    Blog/Website:

Post by mugenginga Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Sourbet wrote:
    SANSYO wrote:There's a big problem if we did though; more like we can, actually. .A.;;;

The japanese users and overseas users are two totally different types of communites. UTAU producers in asia are usualy real formal to each other, and they're humble enough not to make a voicebank until they've got the program and recording techniques down. (Also, the users tend to use each others libraries more often.)

The english-speaking overseas community, in my opinion, is really different and opposite in some things;;; Like, if we have a few users to do oto's for others, than the percent of users who rush voicebanks and ask for their oto's fixed will increase a lot with it;;;

(I hope I didn't sound troll-like or rude in anyways, ahaa~;;; they're just my opinions, ohoh;;;Wink

What if this oto.ini-maker group also gave feedback, like what to improve, re-record, etc? Like personally I'd totally to that.

...besides I bet nobody would like to help an utau that rips their ears off. ._.

And @ Yanyu: Mayu lives in my brain. I talk to her every day. We have a hate friendship. |D

I REALLY like this idea. I'd like to try and dot he oto.ini myself, as I'd like to have a "base" sound one and a triphonics one. Actually considering working that into my UTAU concept and making the base one her civilian form and her triphonics one her magical girl one. XD But I think tips on where mistakes were made or what need to be rerecorded is awesomesauce.
    紅-t
    紅-t

Notes : 37

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by 紅-t Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:41 pm

I have an UTAU that someone can work on its oto. When I did it, I didn't know what I was doing and kind of scrambled it I guess? Then I looked @ the tutorials and I thought I kinda got it and started fixing it. But I'm really busy doing oto. files for my other 2 WIP UTAUs, so would anybody care to fix my UTAU's oto? It has not been released and her voice has not been heard outside of Korean UTAU forum. If you really want something back, I can draw you an illustration of your UTAU although my drawing skill is not good...
    Crossfrown
    Crossfrown

UTAU Information

Post by Crossfrown Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:47 am

@xxwingedxx

ME ME ME!!

...Fanart of my UTAU would be amazingly easy because he's practically a silhouette with a mouth hahaha.
    kisekixkoe

Notes : 287

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by kisekixkoe Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:01 am

Configuring regular bank: Okay
    Configuring TRIPHONICS: NOT SO MUCH
    :/
    Mae should config triphones XD
    紅-t
    紅-t

Notes : 37

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by 紅-t Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:44 am

Crossfrown wrote:@xxwingedxx

ME ME ME!!

...Fanart of my UTAU would be amazingly easy because he's practically a silhouette with a mouth hahaha.

OK u can do it.
    But what's your UTAU's name?
    Also PM me your email Smile
    Thank You!
    Aisu
    Aisu

Notes : 2111

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Aisu Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:55 am

@kisekixkoe

I happen to be able to configure both ._.
    Crossfrown
    Crossfrown

UTAU Information

Post by Crossfrown Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:01 pm

I do not know how triphonics work at all, hahaha...

Not even how to record them. I tend to avoid the subject.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:46 am