Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
TFOTR
smeen
Tsumanne
vio.
SoloAzume
9 posters

UTAU won't sing...;; Probably a common problem...

SoloAzume
    SoloAzume

Notes : 98

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Solo and Zoro Azune, Danillo, Danilla and Dani Kurone
    Blog/Website: http://kanaloids.webs.com/user/UTAUloidSoloAzune

UTAU won't sing...;; Probably a common problem... - Page 2 Empty Re: UTAU won't sing...;; Probably a common problem...

Post by SoloAzume Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:13 pm

Aster Selene wrote:
    SoloAzume wrote:
    Ah, well, I'll check them both out then!
    I don't mind a bit of slowness, I can draw or something while I wait~ lol
    I am really glad there are programs like this - Macs need love to, right?
    Thanks again for the info!

It's not slow in processing slow...it's slow-it's-taking-forever-to-take-my-damn-file-or-even-open-the-program-or-even-move-the-mouse-sometimes slow...
    Dang...
    That sounds..REALLY SLOW lol.
    Like suck-the-life-out-of-me slow;;;
    I downloaded it and the program itself is kinda sluggish....
    Oh man, maybe I should buy CrossOver. It was only $40...
    SoloAzume
    SoloAzume

UTAU Information

UTAU won't sing...;; Probably a common problem... - Page 2 Empty Re: UTAU won't sing...;; Probably a common problem...

Post by SoloAzume Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:15 pm

LupinAKAFlashTH2 wrote:Erm... Myst only uses VirtualBox when she needs UTAU ASAP. Usually, she just runs Windows on her mac- she installed it through Boot Camp.
    BootCamp I hear of often. It sounds like the best "Windows-on-your-Mac" thing ever.
    I hear its great, but would cost like $200 dollars to buy along with the Windows disk...
    I'm to poor for this and I wanna go to college lol
    Though at this point, I'm taking all considerations.
    Keisuumei.
    Keisuumei.

Notes : 9

Post by Keisuumei. Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:29 pm

Okay i have a similar problem and i really really need help so i hope someone can hear me out? Okay I have Utau and it's in english. Then i recorded my voicebank with Audacity. After recirding i went to UTAU and played the ramji i recorded which was was a. So when i went to play it I couldn't hear it. But I check all the sounds and they work fine. The problem is that i can't hear my UTAU voice. Can someone help me with this problem?
    SoloAzume
    SoloAzume

UTAU Information

Post by SoloAzume Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Keisuumei. wrote:Okay i have a similar problem and i really really need help so i hope someone can hear me out? Okay I have Utau and it's in english. Then i recorded my voicebank with Audacity. After recirding i went to UTAU and played the ramji i recorded which was was a. So when i went to play it I couldn't hear it. But I check all the sounds and they work fine. The problem is that i can't hear my UTAU voice. Can someone help me with this problem?
    Did you make sure the sounds have a .frq file?
    And did you check your oto.ini file?
    Keisuumei.
    Keisuumei.

Post by Keisuumei. Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:02 pm

I am not really sure what those things are so you are gonna have to explain them to me. I mean all I did as make a new folder on my desktop and names it after my utauloid. Then recorded and exported them into the file. But I guess if it has something to do with those two things can you please explain to me what to do?
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:34 pm

Oh! Just go to My Computer>C:\>Program Files>UTAU, and drag the folder with your sound files in it to the "voice" folder.
    SoloAzume
    SoloAzume

UTAU Information

Post by SoloAzume Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Keisuumei. wrote:I am not really sure what those things are so you are gonna have to explain them to me. I mean all I did as make a new folder on my desktop and names it after my utauloid. Then recorded and exported them into the file. But I guess if it has something to do with those two things can you please explain to me what to do?
    Um, ok, I'll try to explain it (I'm no expert though!) ^^
    In the folder with your UTAU's name, you need a "oto.ini" file.
    I'm sorry, I'm not really sure how to make one, but all I did was take Defoko's oto.ini file out of her voice folder and put it into my UTAU's ^^;
    If you plan on using Defoko in the future, then your going to have to find a oto.ini file on the internet or something (There is more on oto.ini in the Help forum.)
    Your UTAU will not sing with out this file.
    (Also, it might be easier to move your UTAU's voicebank to the "voice" folder in the UTAU Program's folder. But you don't HAVE to-)
    Chasing Fireflies wrote:Oh! Just go to My Computer>C:\>Program Files>UTAU, and drag the folder with your sound files in it to the "voice" folder.
    OK, maybe you do. Do what Chasing Fireflies said.
    I'm on a Mac and scatter-brained, so sorry I'm so all over the place OTL
    ~
    If you still can't hear it then there is more you need to do, but please try that first, so I don't have you doing any extra work xD;
    I don't know how it really works on PCs, maybe we should just wait till someone else comes by (if Chasing Fireflies's answer doesn't work. I think it should?)
    I hope it works for you! ^^;
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:52 pm

UTAU makes an oto.ini file for you automatically when you first load the voicebank. (Configuring it for your UTAU is kind of another step, for now just make sure that you're able to play the sounds.) And it makes the .frq files when you first play a sound, or if you go to Voice Bank Options under Tools, select all, and press the "Initialize frq. map" button. I hope that helps! ^__^
    SoloAzume
    SoloAzume

UTAU Information

Post by SoloAzume Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Chasing Fireflies wrote:UTAU makes an oto.ini file for you automatically when you first load the voicebank. (Configuring it for your UTAU is kind of another step, for now just make sure that you're able to play the sounds.) And it makes the .frq files when you first play a sound, or if you go to Voice Bank Options under Tools, select all, and press the "Initialize frq. map" button. I hope that helps! ^__^
    Ignore me, do what she says lol
    OTL
    Apparently it does make a difference what computer you are on (duh OTL; )
    Keisuumei.
    Keisuumei.

Post by Keisuumei. Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Okay finally my computer let me add the file to the UTAU folder and into the voice file. After that I went to UTAU and check to see if it worked. And it didn't T^T I don't know what to do know. I have my UTAUloids voicebank folder in the Voice file and it doesn't work. What can i do now.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:23 am

Tested UTAU in Wine, I get the same problem. UTAU is confirmed incompatible with Wine.
    SoloAzume
    SoloAzume

UTAU Information

Post by SoloAzume Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Aster Selene wrote:Tested UTAU in Wine, I get the same problem. UTAU is confirmed incompatible with Wine.
    You know, I believe the problem isn't UTAU itself, but the resampler.
    If Wine can't process "resampler.exe" then UTAU can't SING, right?
    I think if we could find a way to make the resampler work, then UTAU will be just fine in Wine!
    (Or not... OTL)
    The same might be true with the wavtool.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:40 pm

SoloAzume wrote:
    Aster Selene wrote:Tested UTAU in Wine, I get the same problem. UTAU is confirmed incompatible with Wine.
    I think if we could find a way to make the resampler work, then UTAU will be just fine in Wine!
    (Or not... OTL)

The issue happens on boot, so I have a feeling it's Wine. (And now I officially hate the program, since it's causing Fate/stay night to crash -grumble-)
    SoloAzume
    SoloAzume

UTAU Information

Post by SoloAzume Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Aster Selene wrote:
    SoloAzume wrote:
    (Or not... OTL)

The issue happens on boot, so I have a feeling it's Wine. (And now I officially hate the program, since it's causing Fate/stay night to crash -grumble-)
    lol, well I guess 8D
    I think the only reason UTAU works in Wine is because I used CrossOver's Vocaloid Bottle for it 8D
    mystsaphyr
    mystsaphyr
    Forum Designer

Notes : 1392

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: UTAU XYZ
    Blog/Website: http://utau.krystalixa.com

Post by mystsaphyr Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:13 pm

*pops in*

Um, um, just found this topic~

Actually, you -could- torrent an .iso of windows and burn it to a DVD if you're desperate. I know such bootlegged DVDs of windows have before been used in Boot Camp

However, yeah, you run into the typical dangers of doing that, such as no language support (my old problem when I downloaded a WinXP iso for Virtual Box), legality, etc. I also dunno how clever Boot Camp is at recognizing illegitimate discs.

And check with your school about Windows 7. I know a lot of colleges and private schools, and even some public school systems in certain areas, can give a discount on win7 or even give it out for free. It's always worth a shot, asking your school's tech department or something. 'Course you'd have to wait a few months I guess *shot*

However, it is an option...? oAo;;

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:37 am

I do know of a torrent that has an XP iso that's both non-activation and passes WGA, along with working on Boot Camp, but I dunno what to say about that. All I'll say is that it's Professional and it's on TPB.
    SoloAzume
    SoloAzume

UTAU Information

Post by SoloAzume Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:05 pm

mystsaphyr wrote:*pops in*

Um, um, just found this topic~

Actually, you -could- torrent an .iso of windows and burn it to a DVD if you're desperate. I know such bootlegged DVDs of windows have before been used in Boot Camp

However, yeah, you run into the typical dangers of doing that, such as no language support (my old problem when I downloaded a WinXP iso for Virtual Box), legality, etc. I also dunno how clever Boot Camp is at recognizing illegitimate discs.

And check with your school about Windows 7. I know a lot of colleges and private schools, and even some public school systems in certain areas, can give a discount on win7 or even give it out for free. It's always worth a shot, asking your school's tech department or something. 'Course you'd have to wait a few months I guess *shot*

However, it is an option...? oAo;;
    Lol, I am out of school so I would have to wait months.
    And I don't really know how to do the first one lol OTL

Actually, I found a crappy old PC that is running Windows XP and fired it up, but of course it has no internet and UTAU wont open for reasons beyond me /sob
    Some retarted Windows error, of course.

I am trying every option avalible though ^^
    (and watching as my VMWare trial widdles down to 4 days /sob)

I would just do VMWare and leave it at that if I knew how much it costed and if I had to buy Windows seprately or not....
    SoloAzume
    SoloAzume

UTAU Information

Post by SoloAzume Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Aster Selene wrote:I do know of a torrent that has an XP iso that's both non-activation and passes WGA, along with working on Boot Camp, but I dunno what to say about that. All I'll say is that it's Professional and it's on TPB.
    /considered
    but only as a last-ditch effort.
    Maybe I should just beg my mother more to let me use her PC.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:07 pm

If you were happy with VMware, use VirtualBox...

but yeah though if you've been using your Mac for a while, you have to have Time Machine/SuperDuper! backups because Boot Camp won't work on a fragmented drive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:14 pm