Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese reclist - How can I shorten this?

Chinese reclist - How can I shorten this? Empty Chinese reclist - How can I shorten this?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:51 am

So, I found Wang Fang Mei's voice files and transcribed a list of her phonetics in order to use for Hana's Chinese voicebank...

The resulting reclist was huge.

Spoiler:

Is there any way I can cut down this list to cover all the necessary syllables and still maintain the least amount of sound files/memory?

For instance, I would like to record the n and ng separately and discard all of the syllables with n/ng at the end of them. Can I do this, or is that completely wrong?

Minimalism is best at this point...

Last edited by Aster Selene on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi)
    산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi)

Notes : 838

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 歌音山将
    Blog/Website: http://kimsansyo.blog128.fc2.com/blog-entry-3.html

Chinese reclist - How can I shorten this? Empty Re: Chinese reclist - How can I shorten this?

Post by 산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi) Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:23 am

You can do that, because that's what I did with Korean... which would have a lot more recordings if I didn't.
    However the way Fang Mei has her recordings set makes it a lot easier to use chinese in UTAU. (Also, I'm not sure about this, but I heard the pronunciation of the vowels change when it ends in "n" or "ng" ...Chinese is really confusing lol.)

Btw there looks like theres a few typos when you made the list... like I think "bob u" & "nein en" is supposed to be "bo bu" & "nei nen" ..and the "oto" isn't supposed to be there lol.

Chinese reclist - How can I shorten this? Empty Re: Chinese reclist - How can I shorten this?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:16 pm

산쇼씨 (Sansyo-ssi) wrote:You can do that, because that's what I did with Korean... which would have a lot more recordings if I didn't.
    However the way Fang Mei has her recordings set makes it a lot easier to use chinese in UTAU. (Also, I'm not sure about this, but I heard the pronunciation of the vowels change when it ends in "n" or "ng" ...Chinese is really confusing lol.)

Btw there looks like theres a few typos when you made the list... like I think "bob u" & "nein en" is supposed to be "bo bu" & "nei nen" ..and the "oto" isn't supposed to be there lol.

Fixed the errors.

Well, I'll think about it...if it turns out my Korean/English accent is so bad the pronunciation doesn't end up changing, I'll just go, "Screw it!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 pm