Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Mikau
Azuralunar
LupinAKAFlashTH2
Chasing Fireflies
UtauReni
9 posters

Any Japanese lyricists out there?

UtauReni
    UtauReni

Notes : 426

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kaeru Reni
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/utaureni

Any Japanese lyricists out there? Empty Any Japanese lyricists out there?

Post by UtauReni Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:58 pm

hiiii. so... I really want to write an original UTAU song.

the music part will be a piece of cake for me, i've already written a few songs without lyrics and one or two with english lyrics ^^; i've just spent a whole year studying music theory too, so that'ssss funnnn.

but.. I DONT KNOW JAPANESE O.O; so i cant write the lyrics!! TT.TT

Would anybody with experience with writing/speaking/knowing japanese be willing to collaborate with me on an original song?? IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED <3

Any Japanese lyricists out there? Empty Re: Any Japanese lyricists out there?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:12 pm

^THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS!
    Ugh, I need a japanese lyricist SO bad.
    SO THIS.

DID I MENTION THIS?
    Chasing Fireflies
    Chasing Fireflies

Notes : 2912

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kazuko Yonagine & Toby Osbourne
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZettaSloooow
    Status: Kazuko: VCVs in progress~ Toby: ACT1 released, waiting for CZ's English reclist...

Post by Chasing Fireflies Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Um, I don't know Japanese myself, but my friend translates a lot of songs, maybe she'd be able to check it over? I'm not sure, though, I'll have to ask her. ^__^;;
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Ahahaha. Ha.
    Unfortunately, the song I'm writing myself.... I'm using a dictionary. -_-; A lot.
    Dictionaries are great though~
    But I can't help much. Sorry~
    (Plus, my song is like, really, really slow, so I can get away with crap like that)
    Azuralunar
    Azuralunar

Notes : 1

Post by Azuralunar Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:50 am

I'm taking Japanese right now, so, depending on the complexity of the lyrics, I might be able to help... if something is too complicated I can just ask my teacher

Actually, I have some lyrics I wrote saved on my computer. Do you want me to send them to you? (It's very basic Japanese, but there is a sort of plot to it)
    UtauReni
    UtauReni

Notes : 426

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kaeru Reni
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/utaureni

Post by UtauReni Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:38 am

Azuralunar wrote:I'm taking Japanese right now, so, depending on the complexity of the lyrics, I might be able to help... if something is too complicated I can just ask my teacher

Actually, I have some lyrics I wrote saved on my computer. Do you want me to send them to you? (It's very basic Japanese, but there is a sort of plot to it)

oooh!! very cool!! ^^ It'd be awesome if we could collaborate on an original song using your lyrics. Smile
    Mikau
    Mikau

Notes : 83

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Color Revolution
    Blog/Website: www.colorrevolution-utau.com

Post by Mikau Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:44 pm

I am extremely fluent in Japanese being a half myself and living in the country for most of my childhood. I am willing to write lyrics for you.
    Yume Barauta

Notes : 1892

Post by Yume Barauta Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:31 am

Everyone else in this topic = Just pwned by Mikau. xD

Buttttt I can still help you. :3 I know a bit of Japanese here and there, and, well, dictionaries pwn. =w=
    LupinAKAFlashTH2
    LupinAKAFlashTH2

Notes : 3737

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Project CX-Loid (Crossloid)
    Blog/Website: www.crossloids.webs.com
    Status: ACT 1 of Kenji Baionoto released at website above, constantly being updated

Post by LupinAKAFlashTH2 Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 am

^ This

I also can help with writing lyrics now (and a lot better too) because I got Rosetta Stone Japanese in all the 3 levels. XD (You know that language software where you learn japanese that, in at least ten minutes, helps you learn and speak a language. Don't think it helps much with reading though orz)
    suthethird
    suthethird

Notes : 961

Post by suthethird Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:48 pm

... Lol, why not just make the song in English?
    I heard that you were quite the writer yourself in English. Given that information, your skills would be better suited for creating English lyrics.
    Therefore, why not just make your UTAU sing in English? It doesn't take too much work to make it sound understandable.
    kisekixkoe

Notes : 287

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by kisekixkoe Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:01 am

Azuralunar wrote:I'm taking Japanese right now, so, depending on the complexity of the lyrics, I might be able to help... if something is too complicated I can just ask my teacher

Lol me too ><
    My biological father is from Japan
    But, seeing as he is absent, that cannot help
    I know ...Remedial amounts of japanese
    Orochi Herman
    Orochi Herman

Notes : 246

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: POLYGLOID-UG
    Blog/Website: http://rotb.piiym-net.com/polygloid/

Post by Orochi Herman Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:10 pm

Tip: If you're going to prepare an English lyrics for translation to Japanese, reduce the lyrics or simplify the lyrics to as little but meaningful as possible.

This is from experience when I had someone translate certain OPMs into Japanese.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:35 am