status: development stages!
Based on Kikiyama's Yume Nikki , UTAYUME will be an exploration game with the main goal being to collect items and effects that allow you interact with the characters inside of the game. Unlike Yume Nikki, however, UTAYUME will have a solid plotline, along with dialogue, sprites, and all of the things a typical RPG would have.
The overall plot of the game is that Masuta, a man who is constantly giving UTAU and everything to do with it a hard time, finds himself in a dream that he cannot wake up from in a world with only UTAU inhabitants. The only way he is allowed to leave is if he can heal the troubled hearts of all of the residents inside, to make up for all of the nasty things he had said about them while awake.
Currently, the people working on this project are scarfu, taiwonton, Mae, Chii, Halo, Mienai and Ayla.
This thread will be used for updates amongst other things in the future, but for now, UTAYUME is in serious need for other staff members. Currently, we're looking for anyone who can contribute ANYTHING, but as for a physical list, we need:
- ★ ART TEAM - We need people who can mimic other styles well, because a lot of art will need to be done for this and we need to decide on a similar, mutual style. We need everything from full body art to cutscene art to walking and moving sprites to background and landscape art, so if you can do ANY of this, let us know. Currently, scarfu, Halo, Mienai and taiwonton are on this team.
★ MUSIC TEAM - This team will be in charge of finding HQ cover songs of the UTAU in the game, finding off vocals, remixing a little bit, and perhaps even coming up with some original songs for the game. Currently, scarfu, Halo, taiwonton, Chii, Mae and Ayla are on this team.
★ SCRIPTING TEAM - This team will be in charge of putting the game together in whatever program we decide to make it in. Most likely, we will be using RPGMaker, but if we can find another program that is easier for us to use/more beneficial, we'll switch over to that. Currently, scarfu and taiwonton are on this team.
★ WRITING TEAM - Those behind the actual dialogue, events and overall story of the game. Currently, scarfu, taiwonton and Mae are on this team.
★ TRANSLATING TEAM - This team will be doing the translations for us, including things such as reading the readmes of Japanese UTAU and giving us detailed information on their character along with whatever else is necessary. Currently, Chii is on this team.
Our current cast list includes:
- ★ MASUTA - The game's protagonist, a Vocaloid enthusiast and user who hates everything to do with UTAU. Spends all of his time badmouthing UTAU and their creators.
★ NAMINE RITSU - JP
★ KASANE TETO - JP
★ YOWANE ROKU - JP
★ BLYTHE ANAKA - overseas
★ KIRINE TSUBAKI - overseas
★ KANBINE HAYARI - overseas
★ MISAKURA HAYAO - overseas
★ LOKE - JP
★ CAMILA MELODIA - overseas
★ ENSEI AYAME - overseas
★ YOSHIKI ROKU - JP
★ ROZEN - JP
★ GILL - JP
The only UTAU who are being put in the game are either 1) those chosen by the staff of UTAYUME or 2) those who BELONG to the staff of UTAYUME.
If you want your UTAU in the game that badly, offer to lend a hand! :I
This is only temporary, however -- once we have enough staff to make the game properly, we will be putting more UTAU in, but for now, our cast is limited to those who are putting effort to make UTAYUME a reality.
If you're interested in helping the project or just like the idea in general, leave a post ~ :D Input and feedback is always welcome too!
Long list of current plot ideas that you can read but don't have to |D;; wrote:• Masuta = main playable character. Vocaloid user in Japan who has a strong dislike for anything and all UTAU, and is always giving people who make/use UTAU a lot of unripe doo-doo covered banana. Is always bashing them and saying horrible things about them.
• OST will be composed of Vocaloid/UTAU song off vocals and covers sung by UTAU, along with some original music as well...? Would like to have some original songs in here if possible!
• The world of UTAU is separated into two main parts -- the Overseas section and the Japanese UTAU section. These two sides /never/ cross with one another. Namine Ritsu resides in the nexus between these two parts.
• Both the Japanese section and the Overseas section are separated into little portions of their own as well, including different rooms, areas and sections with different UTAU, different levels and different things to do.
• Anaka serves as the little fairy helper type thing, offers advice every now and again -- adversely, Hayari serves as a reoccuring obstacle. Tsubaki is the save girl (can't save till you have blueberries~)
• Multiple endings, happy ending being the default, but a sad ending, a serious ending, and humorous endings will be floating around too.
• Cutscenes -- both hidden and not.
• Some Talkloid clips for dialogue (not all of it, just like catchphrases)
• Overall plot: Masuta was a doggy-woggie-poo to UTAU :C and thus has to help them solve their problems before he's allowed to wake up from his cracked out dream/whatever and return to his normal life.
Last edited by scarfu on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:19 am; edited 8 times in total