Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Unable to Type Hiragana? [NOW WITH VIDEO; Please help uou]

hello8bit
    hello8bit

Notes : 710

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: [NEBULOID]
    Blog/Website: http://nebuloid.blog132.fc2.com/

Unable to Type Hiragana? [NOW WITH VIDEO; Please help uou] Empty Unable to Type Hiragana? [NOW WITH VIDEO; Please help uou]

Post by hello8bit Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:02 pm

I run UTAU on Applocale.
    I have Windows 7
    I have the Japanese Text Toolbar installed

In UTAU, I can type in hiragana characters, but once I press enter or deselect a note, it turns into something like this:

Unable to Type Hiragana? [NOW WITH VIDEO; Please help uou] Strangej

Well, I've been told that I should just type in Romaji instead. However, some UTAU VBs lack romaji alias. Furthermore, not being able to enter Hiragana makes it pretty much impossible for me to give my own voicebanks Hiragana Aliases. Which is a HUGE problem.

I was wondering if there is a fix to this? I'm in desperate need of help on this one. QmQ Thanks in advance~

Here is now a video showing more of what I mean:

As you can see, inputting the Hiragana works just fine. Until I hit enter. It then turns into a dot, and then a line.

Also realized this may have gone better in the tech support area.. I apologize for perhaps misplacing.. umu

Last edited by hello8bit on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

Notes : 3530

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Rainbow UTAUloid Project
    Blog/Website: http://utaucream.wordpress.com/
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Unable to Type Hiragana? [NOW WITH VIDEO; Please help uou] Empty Re: Unable to Type Hiragana? [NOW WITH VIDEO; Please help uou]

Post by Haloheroine Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:58 pm

I hate to say; maybe you should just switch to Japanese locale and re-download UTAU?
    . 3.'' Might be easier...? if possible, that is.
    hello8bit
    hello8bit

UTAU Information

Unable to Type Hiragana? [NOW WITH VIDEO; Please help uou] Empty Re: Unable to Type Hiragana? [NOW WITH VIDEO; Please help uou]

Post by hello8bit Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:20 am

Haloheroine wrote:...........
    I hate to say; maybe you should just switch to Japanese locale and re-download UTAU?
    . 3.'' Might be easier...? if possible, that is.

What is Japanese Locale?
    I have no problem re-downloading UTAU since I'd only have to salvage the voice folder.. uou
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information
    Status: Misakura Hayao VCVs- 98%, Hananome Jarred (Possibly VCVs)- 2%, Kurone Ayla - ??

Post by Haloheroine Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:32 am

It's a thing that computers have to make them compatible with other languages (and their text systems).

You use Applocale, which means the Japanese characters sometimes don't work without it, right?
    Well, switching to the locale means the characters don't get corrupted like that.

Google "Changing locale to Japanese on Windows 7"
    hello8bit
    hello8bit

UTAU Information

Post by hello8bit Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:23 am

I set my locale to Japanese, restarted, deleted and redownloaded UTAU, and now not only is it more messed up, but the program simply does not let me do anything. It pops up a window saying "subscript out of range", and when I click okay, it reappears infinitely. umu

hello8bit
    hello8bit

UTAU Information

Post by hello8bit Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:02 am

Correction: re-downloaded UTAU once again and now it works perfectly. However, I am still unable to type in any hiragana. uou

changed my locale back to english to regulate the program. When locale is Japanese I get lines and ?'s.
    Haloheroine
    Haloheroine

UTAU Information

Post by Haloheroine Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Okay, now that is just strange. I'm afraid I can't help you OTL
    Why is it still gibberish when you change the locale wat.
    hello8bit
    hello8bit

UTAU Information

Post by hello8bit Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Haloheroine wrote:Okay, now that is just strange. I'm afraid I can't help you OTL
    Why is it still gibberish when you change the locale wat.

I even tried to change the display language to Japanese, and no luck. uou It types in Hiragana but changes to Mojibake upon pressing enter. Pretty frustrating. :C

Thanks for trying to help though. uou
    irei1as
    irei1as

Notes : 1007

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Valen Sodebades
    Blog/Website: www.youtube.com/user/irei1as

Post by irei1as Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:16 am

You can't type hiragana into UTAU using AppLocale.
    I don't know why but I never was able to do it.

Now, what I don't know either is why you can't still do it with Japanese locale.

An easy way to make the hiragana ust for those Japanese voicebanks is to do a romaji ust for a voicebank with romaji compatibility and then converting that romaji ust into hiragana so you can use it with the other voicebank.
    The program to convert ust between romaji and hiragana can be found here.
    It was made by Aster Selene. You can find the help thread here in the forum here.

But I know is not near the good solution of fixing how to type hiragana into UTAU, sorry for not being more helpful.
    hello8bit
    hello8bit

UTAU Information

Post by hello8bit Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:58 am

irei1as wrote:You can't type hiragana into UTAU using AppLocale.
    I don't know why but I never was able to do it.

Now, what I don't know either is why you can't still do it with Japanese locale.

An easy way to make the hiragana ust for those Japanese voicebanks is to do a romaji ust for a voicebank with romaji compatibility and then converting that romaji ust into hiragana so you can use it with the other voicebank.
    The program to convert ust between romaji and hiragana can be found here.
    It was made by Aster Selene. You can find the help thread here in the forum here.

But I know is not near the good solution of fixing how to type hiragana into UTAU, sorry for not being more helpful.

No that is helpful enough. non My real concern was creating aliases, but with the help of Tomero Chii I found out you could edit otos via notepad! And opening notepad with applocale lets me type in hiragana perfectly. So I suppose now both problems are solved~ To an extent, haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 am