Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Catgirl
캉다님(KANGDANIM)
Hecate
Aline
mystsaphyr
taiwonton
Misha
Trempush
Ezri
KaneYuki
R.K.
scarfu
Becca D
BlazePyron
ThePianoChan
Kikomi
MariRoseTair
hello8bit
22 posters

Pairing your UTAU with a VOCALOID.

hello8bit
    hello8bit

Notes : 710

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: [NEBULOID]
    Blog/Website: http://nebuloid.blog132.fc2.com/

Pairing your UTAU with a VOCALOID. Empty Pairing your UTAU with a VOCALOID.

Post by hello8bit Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:11 am

Does this bother anyone? I mean, I suppose I don't mind it too much as long as the person who's doing it is accepting of OTHER UTAUxVOCALOID pairings in which the same VOCALOID they are pairing their UTAU with is being shipped..

I don't know.. I see some seriously obssesive people who threaten others about how "Len is Mine!!" or "BACK OFF MY KAITO". And I'm just sitting here thinking "..what? You're ridiculous if you think you're the ONLY person who likes that official character."

Thoughts on this? And please, PLEASE do not think I am attacking you if you have your own little pairing going on. I'm fine with it as long as you keep yourself in check. So no fighting. /o/
    MariRoseTair
    MariRoseTair

Notes : 409

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Siana Shion
    Blog/Website:

Pairing your UTAU with a VOCALOID. Empty Re: Pairing your UTAU with a VOCALOID.

Post by MariRoseTair Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:18 am

I'm not keen on them to be honest, especially when the person's very in your face about it.
    Duets I don't mind because some Utauoilds sound brilliant with certain vocaloids. It's when it's taken too far and they declare it canon that bugs me.

But urgh, I cannot stand those who attack any and all utauoilds that are also "paired" with their "beloved" It reeks of sadness and if they calling the other ones "mary-sues/Gary stus as well: Hypocrisy.
    hello8bit
    hello8bit

UTAU Information

Post by hello8bit Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:26 am

MariRoseTair wrote:I'm not keen on them to be honest, especially when the person's very in your face about it.
    Duets I don't mind because some Utauoilds sound brilliant with certain vocaloids. It's when it's taken too far and they declare it canon that bugs me.

But urgh, I cannot stand those who attack any and all utauoilds that are also "paired" with their "beloved" It reeks of sadness and if they calling the other ones "mary-sues/Gary stus as well: Hypocrisy.

I don't favour them, but I can't be against them seeing as how much I understand why people do things like that. Still, I agree with your second statement. It's hard enough for me to pair Vocaloids with Vocaloids, let alone UTAU with Vocaloids and really be supportive of it.
    Kikomi
    Kikomi

Notes : 246

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kikomi
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/velvateena

Post by Kikomi Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 pm

i HATE that people do that. i mean the whole "back of my..." whoever.

its a fictional character

if you are THAT obsessive, than get out, get some friends, get a life, and most importantly, a REAL boyfriend >.>

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:52 pm

hi I feel this whole thread is aimed directly at me kthx C:
    ThePianoChan
    ThePianoChan

Notes : 3020

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website: http://thepianochan.blog125.fc2.com/

Post by ThePianoChan Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:10 pm

I have to say.
    I absolutely DETEST when people do that. I barely stand when Vocaloid and VOCALOID are put together, let alone a vocaloid and UTAU. It drives me NUTS. Seriously. I cannot take it. It's stupid, to be honest.

My thing is:
    1: It's not your creation.
    2: There are no "Canon" paring in Vocaloid, let alone UTAU unless stated by the creators them selves.
    3: IT'S FICTIONAL.

You wanna pair your UTAU with a Vocaloid? Fine, do it privately. But not so the rest of us can see. C:

And Luna,
    Spoiler:

On the other side.

There are girls/boys who have nothing to hold onto and "cling to an open ended character as if it was a relationship with them." or "Make their creation be in love with that in hopes of people noticing" or sometimes just do it for attention. C:
    BlazePyron
    BlazePyron

Notes : 811

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kaen Shujoteki
    Blog/Website: https://www.youtube.com/user/BlazePyron

Post by BlazePyron Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:17 pm

I think that if it's a good quality Utau that sounds good and looks good with a Vocaloid, it's awesome. LunaxLen is perfectly acceptable, imo. The ones that I don't like are the ones that sound like unripe doo-doo covered banana that they try and pair with a vocaloid and say it sounds good.

Also in this general area: People who insist that their Utau is friends with all the vocaloids. Idols is okay, but not friends. Unless you have a really good character that sounds like a vocaloid. Then you could get away with it.
    hello8bit
    hello8bit

UTAU Information

Post by hello8bit Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Simply because I have a hard time reading specific details the first time myself, I'll let that one slide Luna.

@Blaze: I don't really think a good voice and design makes it any more "acceptable". As I stated, I don't really mind it as long as the person isn't completely possessive, but.. an UTAU is still an UTAU no matter what. But if you choose to support certain pairings, then feel free to do so. non/

Let's all just remember that this isn't canon and you can't ever expect it to be. But I'm not here to rain on our parade, I just wanted to hear other's opinions.

Trust me, I still have one character I pair with an official show's character. But I do it in seclusion best I can as not to make myself look like a fool. ///

Becca D
    Becca D

Notes : 163

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Bekkah Damene
    Blog/Website: http://beccadep.blogspot.com/

Post by Becca D Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:46 pm

When you think about it it's still as untenable as any other pairing involving fictitious characters. Only difference is that Vocaloids have no official, set personality, just popular opinion. If I wanted to I could say Miku was a pissy diva and Luka was a mass murderer, and no one could really prove me wrong. So, I guess in the end it really doesn't matter o 3 o I kinda lost the direction of this post. However I don't support VxU because you can make UxU pairings canon (as I have one, the creator of the other UTAU supports the pairing too, but that doesn't mean they can't sing love songs w/other UTAUs), but anyone could claim to be dating Miku or Gumi or Gackupo, so it's pretty meaningless to support any pairing like that.
    scarfu
    scarfu

Notes : 1411

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kanbine Hayari/Kamene Kasui/TATARI
    Blog/Website:

Post by scarfu Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:55 pm

OK well I won't lie, I don't think postively of them at all. XD; Generally when I see UTAU that are paired with UTAU I can't take them seriously at all. orz It feels like the only reason they made their UTAU was to pair them with that Vocaloid...

However, I don't think that's any reason to attack anyone. XD If the subject comes up, I will give my opinion, but don't go LOL U TEH SUCK for no reason you know? XD

EDIT: UTAU THAT ARE PAIRED WITH UTAU. XD TYPO OF THE YEAR. *Vocaloids

Last edited by scarfu on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    R.K.
    R.K.

Notes : 1027

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hana Chikako
    Blog/Website: http://hana-chikako.weebly.com/index.html

Post by R.K. Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:55 pm

I honestly say let them do whatever they want and let the public react upon it. I wouldn't discourage it since limiting what an UTAU should do will decrease its appeal, y'know? xD It's all embellishment... ridiculous or not... some people like that stuff, some people don't. I mean, I for one don't care. xDD
    When it's obsessive/possessive and stuff? No worries, mate. It's all for fun and laughs then. It becomes more of a mockery than this sin we can all sort of cast dislike towards. o3o;
    I dunno. I'm dumb.
    KaneYuki
    KaneYuki

Notes : 982

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kane Yuki
    Blog/Website:

Post by KaneYuki Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:12 pm

VocaloidxUTAU is not MY cup of tea, but I don't usually mind when someone does it, unless they take it too far to the point of THREATENING OTHER USERS

YES I have(kinda) been threatened. It was a while back, but the girl started talking about how she vv@$ g@nn@ #@c|< my @ccun7.
    In that kind of text. I had to get a friend to translate for me.

personal views:
    Bottom line, As long as you treat other pairings and people who support those pairings with respect, I have no problem. And use good grammar.
    hello8bit
    hello8bit

UTAU Information

Post by hello8bit Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:17 pm

@KaneYuki: RinxGakupo? Never heard that one before. I love Gakupo because he is just so fabulous~ But really, Vocaloid pairings to me are always odd I don't know why. umu I prefer UTATxUTAU pairings. non/

@scarfu: Yeah makes sense. non/
    Ezri
    Ezri

Notes : 1489

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Chirune Kikyo
    Blog/Website:

Post by Ezri Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 pm

I don't really mind it. ouo To be honest, the whole "it'll never be canon" thing confuses me. XD I mean, so what? Has canon really EVER mattered within a fandom?

Is AkuRoku canon? No. Will it ever be canon? No. Do people still pair Axel and Roxas and support it like crazy?
    HECK YES THEY DO, AND RELENTLESSLY.

It's all a fandom, after all. =w= As long as no one claims anything to be canon, it's all good with me.
    Trempush
    Trempush

Notes : 893

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Trem, Travis, and Adele
    Blog/Website: http://trempushjones.blogspot.com/
    Status: Trem v2.0 WIP, Independent Travis WIP, Adele v1.0 complete

Post by Trempush Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:53 pm

I really don't mind. Even with the "They're mine" thing that people do sometimes, they're just characters. It's like when people get posessive over the Axel/Roxas pairing from Kingdom Hearts and can't bear to see them paired with anyone else. We all know (I hope) that we're just being fans of a set of programs we enjoy using, and we're showing it in our own ways. In the end, they're just characters and everyone can move on, coexist on the internet and be fine. Right?

Also, years of reading/writing fanfiction have led me to the conclusion that those that truly take pairings personally and end up picking fights with others (serious fights with direct threats to other users) aren't actually fighting over the characters. They've got something else going on (temporary or permanent) that leads them to act completely psycho. So is it really fair to take these people and project that mentality out on everyone who pairs a Vocaloid with an UTAU?

just my two cents.
    Misha
    Misha

Notes : 2890

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Hachi Makune & Ichiro Makune
    Blog/Website: http://makunefamily.blogspot.com/

Post by Misha Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:28 pm

For me it depends on how far a person takes it. If they revolve their utaus LIVES around the Vocaloid, then lolno.
    If its really just a joke with like one or two arts for it, then hell, why not.

But yeah, if my first impression of your Utau is with a Vocaloid, then yes I will be judging you.
    taiwonton
    taiwonton

Notes : 650

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Kirine Tsubaki & JUN/SHUN
    Blog/Website: http://www.poploids.zzl.org/index.php

Post by taiwonton Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:43 pm

I agree with Misha. I hate to say it, but I just can't take those kinds of UTAU seriously...

But I guess it also depends on how the user acts about it. If they try to shove it up in everyone's faces, then it's not really just an issue about the UTAUxVocaloid though, so that'd be off-topic.
    mystsaphyr
    mystsaphyr
    Forum Designer

Notes : 1392

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: UTAU XYZ
    Blog/Website: http://utau.krystalixa.com

Post by mystsaphyr Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:50 am

I voice-ship Aiko with Iroha.

I ship Aiko with Mathieu.

IMO, this is the biggest difference.

If I can enjoy an UTAU voice with a Vocaloid voice, i.e. Nami and Rin, then I can voice-ship them.

But I stay away from actual shipping.
    ThePianoChan
    ThePianoChan

Notes : 3020

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website: http://thepianochan.blog125.fc2.com/

Post by ThePianoChan Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:54 am

^ I sort of agree with that.
    I don't agree with "OMG COUPLE"
    but if you can do a shipping via voice coupling, that's fine.
    Aline
    Aline

Notes : 2582

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Aline Enbukyoku
    Blog/Website: ASK VB DL VIA PM

Post by Aline Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:07 am

I don't mind if it's for a song or a crack pairing (LOL, Aline's hair x Gakupo, don't ask, old joke is old). I don't mind even if it's just for fanservice (like all those Ted x Kaito or Miku x Teto pics out there).

My concern is about canonicity. I'm pretty sure Luna never stated Luna x Len as canon, at least not that I know (and if she did, it was as an one-sided crush from Luna, I can go with that). But I know some fangirls who state UTAU/Vocaloid fancharacter x Vocaloid pairings as canon, without having any idea about what canon means. If your UTAUloid is being paired with a Vocaloid, even if it has thoudsands of supporters (there we go on Ted x Kaito again), it's fanon at best, because no Vocaloids have canon pairings (the nearest would be Sweet Ann and Big Al, what with that whole Bride of Frankenstein/Frankenstein Monster theme, but PowerFX never specified nor confirmed that they're a couple per se, so, it keeps itself on fanon).

Heck, even I pair Aline/Allen and Gakupo sometimes (well, 15yo Allen) for kicks and giggles. I also would love to make Kasui and Big Al interact in a bromance full of dubious undertones, but I'd never say it's canon (specially not the second situation, because ohai, Kasui is Scarfu's, not mine). So, guys, keep it cool, keep it for fun. <3
    Hecate
    Hecate

Notes : 550

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Healthy Falsetto act 1
    Blog/Website:

Post by Hecate Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:27 am

I don't care.
    I don't pair up my UTAU's,because 1.loltheyrestillwip and 2.i don't plan to give out half of the information,for an example gender,age,height,weight,personality etc. But that's my choice.
    Other than that,there are some UTAUxVOCALOID pairings I love.Like GakupoxRitsu or Miki Sf-A2xKasane Ted.
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)
    캉다님(KANGDANIM)

Notes : 73

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: 便音ヌキ(VCV working)/ BIRANG(최비랑)
    Blog/Website:

Post by 캉다님(KANGDANIM) Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:17 pm

I don't care about duets, but Couple or some other relationship? Um...:C
    I can respect them, but for me myself I don't enjoy making relationship with UTAUs. Not just about UTAU x VOCALOID, but also UTAU x UTAU.
    Catgirl
    Catgirl

Notes : 121

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Arianna Leone
    Blog/Website:

Post by Catgirl Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:45 pm

If it's something you support because you think they sound good together, or even if you just like how the designs look together, I'm ok with it... as long as you don't try to convince everyone it's official and go around biting everyone that tries to pair the Vocaloid with someone else XD; That's just plain dumb.

I'm not too fond of UTAUxUTAU and VocaloidxVocaloid shippings as well, actually. It's not that there aren't pairings that I favor, it's just that I think each song is a story on its own, and if the story requires characters in a certain way, and the work is good, it's perfectly fine even if the pairings don't match my special preferences... ò_ò They're singing softwares, as long as they sound good, I really don't care who they're paired with.
    And about UTAUxUTAU, it's a personal thing, so it's the UTAU's maker's choice that must be respected, but PERSONALLY, I don't really like it. :/
    Catarsis
    Catarsis

Notes : 1916

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project:
    Blog/Website:

Post by Catarsis Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:45 pm

I don't really like UTAUxVocaloid pairings that are like "ZOMG CANON OTP!!"!"1"!"" and unripe doo-doo covered banana like that.
    But I love UTAUxVocaloid singing duets <3
    Zeny
    Zeny

Notes : 1239

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Zeny
    Blog/Website: http://zenywolf.deviantart.com

Post by Zeny Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Pairing your UTAU with a VOCALOID. 5a5npj

"AND WHY DO YOU CLAIM TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND?!"

Just about sums up my opinion on it, really.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:38 am