(Random tips from a lame-o)
1. OREMO is your friend. Audacity is also your friend...most of the time, but not as easy to use as OREMO. Plus, OREMO instantaneously removes static from your samples.
2. If using Audacity to record, NEVER use the Noise Removal there...Unless you want a Kenta clone.
3. Make good Otos. If you can't make good otos well, ask someone that is good at it (nicely!) to do it for you, or to help you with it.
4. Get a good mic.
5. Ask advice from people like Sourbet or Myst.
6. If ever someone says something bad about your UTAU but said it in a polite and nice way, it is called critique. If they cussed at you, said something bad, and simply said "LOL UR UTAU SUX MINES BETTR LOL TONYXKENTA 4EVR", it is called an insult.