Overseas Utaforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Can't do any voice bank settings?

Konishi
    Konishi

Notes : 165

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Konishi
    Blog/Website: http://luvaxelrenoandedemyx.deviantart.com/art/Character-sheet-Konishi-172330085

Can't do any voice bank settings? Empty Can't do any voice bank settings?

Post by Konishi Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:22 pm

Okay, so heres the thing:

I've created a voicebank with wave data for my UTAULOID. The file name is in romanji, and I've put the alias in hiragana.
    I've also "opened" my character at project properties and when I go to tools and to voice bank settings, then try to launch editor, there is nothing.
    In all the tutorials I have watched to far, you usually see the frequence, these "waves" in blue.

Now, mine is completely empty! I merely see a few orange lines spread over the whole thing, but nothing else.

The sound does work, when I click my UTAU's name and go on sample, the recordings sound clear and good.
    My pc is "japanese located" and can read japanese AND I've installed the english patch to my program and I can see everything in english too. I even tried un- and reinstalling the program..

Sorry, I'm a complete noob with UTAU, but all the tutorials and "help, my UTAU won't sing" sites I have seen and read won't help, because my problem is different...I'm really desperate, because I really want it to work, I've spent so much time recording so it sounds good, designed my character and giving him characteristics...

I really wish someone could help me so it'll work....please..
    smeen
    smeen

Notes : 7719

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Yuugi Hakune/Nubia
    Blog/Website: http://utauonline.com/yuugi/

Can't do any voice bank settings? Empty Re: Can't do any voice bank settings?

Post by smeen Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:25 pm

It seems you're samples are really soft... Can I see a picture?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Are you zoomed in/out properly? Also, voice files in romaji or having Japanese locale has nothing to do with this...

It's in .wav format, right? Not .mp3?

/EDIT: Aaaaand having samples too soft...that too.
    Konishi
    Konishi

UTAU Information
    Blog/Website: http://luvaxelrenoandedemyx.deviantart.com/art/Character-sheet-Konishi-172330085

Can't do any voice bank settings? Empty D:

Post by Konishi Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:28 pm

uh, sorry, I don't know how to screenshoot and upload it to the blog^^° (*shot for noobishness*)

though I tried changing the volume of the file, so it gets louder.

and yes, all of my files are .wav (16 bit)

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Hit Print Screen on the keyboard and then control-V on a program like Paint, then save.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Should be okay then. Have you tried clicking the + untill you see something?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:31 pm

smeen wrote:Should be okay then. Have you tried clicking the + untill you see something?

...meaning, zooming in.
    smeen
    smeen

UTAU Information

Post by smeen Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant yes. Why?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:34 pm

I dunno, I'm bored and I feel like randomly elaborating on stuff ^^
    Konishi
    Konishi

UTAU Information

Can't do any voice bank settings? Empty ...

Post by Konishi Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:38 pm

yeah, I took the screenshot and saved it (but I don't know how to post it to the blog Dx)

and I tried zooming, but it didn't change, there are still only a few orange lines to see

...sorry for bothering you _(>.<_)

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:39 pm

post it to photobucket and link from here.
    Konishi
    Konishi

UTAU Information

Post by Konishi Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:39 pm

I'm not on photobucket^^°

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:47 pm

Then make an account. You're going to get nowhere if you don't have one.
    Konishi
    Konishi

UTAU Information

Post by Konishi Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:49 pm

okay, I will make one right now~
    Konishi
    Konishi

UTAU Information

Post by Konishi Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:56 pm

okay, no I uploaded it, here is the link: https://s872.photobucket.com/albums/ab286/Fuhiko/?action=view&current=screenshot.jpg

(btw sorry if my english lacks sometimes, I'm german and still learning Dx )

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:58 pm

And it keeps going when you keep scrolling to the right?
    Konishi
    Konishi

UTAU Information

Post by Konishi Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:59 pm

yes, you only see a few orange lines now and then

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:00 pm

...hm...

Okay, try this.

Record a sound file and yell really, really loudly into it, then add it to your voicebank and check that sound file. Tell me if there's anything with that particular file. If there is, then it's definitely a volume issue. If not...then something's weird. What program did you use to record?
    Konishi
    Konishi

UTAU Information

Post by Konishi Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:02 pm

okay, I will try it tomorrow (today its too late at my place)

I used audacity and also tried to change the volume of my recorded "a" so it was really loud on my pc. I added it to my voicebank yesterday and tried it out, but it didn't make any difference..

Post by Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:03 pm

...wow, I used Audacity too...now I'm really confused...
    Konishi
    Konishi

UTAU Information

Post by Konishi Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:04 pm

yeah, me too, because I can't find any answers...I've done everything that was said in tutorials and help threads, but it still won't work..
    irei1as
    irei1as

Notes : 1007

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Valen Sodebades
    Blog/Website: www.youtube.com/user/irei1as

Post by irei1as Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:17 pm

UTAU only selects the left channel to show in the oto editor if the voice sample is a stereo track.

So, are your voice samples stereo and the sound is only recorded in the right channel?

The sound sample in Audacity would be something like:
    Can't do any voice bank settings? WavstereoB

To tell the truth... I have no idea how to make a stereo recording and save the sound only in the right track ignoring the left one with a mic.
    I really doubt this is your issue.

Anyway you should check the recording options in audacity:
    Edit->Preferences... (Or use Ctrl+P)

Click on the devices tab (even it's not a tab... it's a name in the left... I hope you know what I mean) and look at Recording-> Channels and make sure you have choosen "1(mono)".

Now you have to check the mic in selected instead something like "stereo mix" or something like that but as you say the recordings have your voice I guess you already done. But I'll tell here just if anybody else ends having this problem and checking this thread.

Hmm, I could say to double click to "volume control" (the loudspeaker that appears near the clock in Windows), Options->Propierties->click on the recording box, be sure the box of the microphone is checked in the list of the botton of the window, -->accept, click on the box that is under microphone and choose an appropiate volume 8you can change it if the microphone records too low or too loud)......
    But isn't that too easy? And sometimes there isn't loudspeaker near the clock and you have to go to the control pannel, Sound and audio dispositives (or something like that, my Winodws is in Spanish and I don't know all the English names) and there go to the "Voice" tab, and click on "Volume..." of the "Voice Recording" part. there you should check the microphone and change the volume if needed as we said earlier.

I personally like to say the "cool option". With PCs where you can't go to the control pannel and the loudspeak option is not available is the only way.
    Open notepad and write this single line:

sndvol32.exe -R

Now, you have to "Save as...", not normal save (but it works if it's the 1st save of the file, too) and choose to name it:

soundr.bat

Well, instead "soundr" you can use any name but the ".bat" part of the end is needed.

Close notepad and double click on the weird looking soundr.bat file (it's a MS-DOS batch file or something like that). There, you are just where you have to check the microphone and you can select the audio you want (the black MSDOS thing will close when you close the microphone window).

So bad I'm sure this isn't going to fix your problem, sorry...

Last edited by irei1as on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Konishi
    Konishi

UTAU Information

Post by Konishi Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:56 am

Yes, it looked exactly like on the picture when I was recording, the files were saved as stereo 16 bit files with medium volume (even after changing the volume so its really loud, nothing changed, the problem is still there)
    irei1as
    irei1as

Notes : 1007

UTAU Information
    UTAUloid or Project: Valen Sodebades
    Blog/Website: www.youtube.com/user/irei1as

Post by irei1as Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:28 am

Ok, your problem isn't the volume at all. Your issue was to record the voice sample as stereo and the sound being only in the right track.

UTAU likes more to use monaural (mono, for short) samples for voice. I don't know how well it would work with stereo samples (maybe it's awesome... somebody should try) but with your mono microphone (you are only recording in the right channel so it's as good as being mono) you are only going to have problems.

I already told you how to make Audacity to record as Mono instead Stereo. You should do this setting when recording your sound samples for UTAU:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    Edit->Preferences... (Or use Ctrl+P)

Click on the "Devices" tab (even it's not a tab... it's a name in the left... I hope you know what I mean) and look at Recording-> Channels and make sure you have choosen "1(mono)".
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

You can always go back to the stereo setting when you need it again (like when recording StereoMix).

Now to make your faulty stereo files to mono again... you could just re-record them, of course... but audacity has a way to change all your stereo files to mono so you don't need to do all the recording again.

But it's not easy to explain (it involves "Editing Chains" with Audacity. Maybe you know already what that is, if so just ignore me and go ahead).
    OK, post here if you need to know the method instead of redoing your files and I'll try to tell you step by step.

Really, if you only have a pair of samples, just start again using the monaural configuration.
    The quality probably will end better because making batch change stereo to mono can make lose of quality if the left channel has noise and the volume will drop a bit.

I don't know how to batch chain in Audacity to make a right channel into a mono wav.
    If you could do that, the lose of quality would be nil. But I know how to do it one file by one file. Post here if you don't mind the super long method to make the samples don't lose quality at all.
    Konishi
    Konishi

UTAU Information

Post by Konishi Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:32 am

I'm really grateful that you want to spend so much time in explaining and I'm sorry for being such a noob.

It would be nice if you could explain me how to switch it from stereo to mono, without too much quality loss (just because it took me 2 days to record everything)
    I also used an expensife, high quality microphone to record and I don't have any background noises, buzzing or clicking in the recordings.

Thank you very much!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:59 pm